Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’ll be looking to drop back in to this in the coming weeks if people want to do heists with a relatively competent heist rookie on PS4.
Have added some of you previously but that was over a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

T1g4h posted:

Also, i'm sure some of you are going to make the Stafford into something tasteful and elegant. I, on the other hand...

I went a different route :v:

That's very tasteful imo, as it's the livery of a local brewery's Bentley:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Powershift posted:

Rockin the countach lately, and now all i can think about is how GTA:O's profits basically gaurantee we'll never get another "period" gta game again. :(

It's the most profitable entertainment product in history, how the hell are there no decent knock-offs. look how many loving battle royale hero shooter bullshit games there are :(

I'd argue Sea of Thieves is basically a pirate GTA:O knockoff, with the most important thing they copied being the hellish grind

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ElwoodCuse posted:

It will always be hilarious to me that the genesis of the F&F story is "a gang of street racers is ripping off DVD players"

"Just packed up a real money load and it's coming your way"

because yes, it's incredibly hilarious F&F went from long shots of a Civic driving under a trailer full of 9"TV/VHS combos to FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY also parachuting cars out of planes and getting chased by submarines while driving on icepack

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Powershift posted:

we'll never get another "period" gta game again. :(

Red dead is grand theft horse, too

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
APB Reloaded is a bad game thats also secretly a good game. If GTA Online copied the mission system from APB, it would be loving incredible.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I'd be completely OK if the next GTA is Online 2 and they never bother with the single-player part ever again: there's other SP open world car stealy shooty games out there, some of which improve on GTA 5.

However, there's nothing quite as detailed and expansive for multiplayer as GTA Online. Right now, its very clear that in a lot of cases in Online they're limited to hacking new stuff in in ways the systems were not originally meant to support, but imagine what Rockstar could do if they built for Online and planned for player-owned businesses from the ground up. That Chinatown drug dealing thing you guys talk about, OJ mode, Cops & Crooks, Adversary modes with scoring other than 'first to 2 rounds wins' - who knows how much is missing because they want to do it but can't?

I mean gently caress, it took them 3 years of Online to figure out how to add different ammo types to guns and that whole system is still clunky as hell.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pretty sure "clunky as hell" was the defining design philosophy behind every aspect of GTA:O.

Can't imagine how spectacular it would have been if the stock market had ever worked.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
For all the things they got wrong, especially stuff that other games have done better for a while, creating that amazing game world is massively expensive and time-consuming and surely scares off imitators who can't be certain of making a billion dollars in microtransactions 5 years after the game is out

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

Red dead is grand theft horse, too

You're grand theft horse.

I want to cruise down the miami strip at sunset in a bright white countach blasting billy idol in a modern game engine :(

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Ripper Swarm posted:

I'd be completely OK if the next GTA is Online 2 and they never bother with the single-player part ever again: there's other SP open world car stealy shooty games out there, some of which improve on GTA 5.

I've pretty much resolved to save GTAV single player for whenever online finally crashes and burns or is obsoleted while waiting for a new edition. At first I played maybe an hour or two into it, just past meeting Trevor I think, but after reinstalling, whenever I get bounced to SP I'm greeted with Franklin and his $14. I don't think he even has a gun lol

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Same thing happened to me. So much for cloud saves.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I've pretty much resolved to save GTAV single player for whenever online finally crashes and burns or is obsoleted while waiting for a new edition. At first I played maybe an hour or two into it, just past meeting Trevor I think, but after reinstalling, whenever I get bounced to SP I'm greeted with Franklin and his $14. I don't think he even has a gun lol

Online may be a grindy hellmess but SP is generally just a mess with a few good missions so prepare to be disappointed

i felt it was pretty underwhelming in 2013 and I'm not seeing it get any better with age

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

running GTA:O on my old laptop to farm supply while i play real games, it's throttled down to 1600mhz and it's still 98 degrees on one core :(

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I would love if the "single player" were just a bunch of fun missions and alternate activities you could do solo in a private session, as long as there's some forced offline save system so that when the servers eventually go down you're still able to play it all on your own.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

davebo posted:

I would love if the "single player" were just a bunch of fun missions and alternate activities you could do solo in a private session, as long as there's some forced offline save system so that when the servers eventually go down you're still able to play it all on your own.

They need to avoid an overly-long game. GTA 4's story was something like 93 missions. At least GTA V was in the 60s, if I remember right.

That's what I liked so much about Episodes from Liberty City- the two games were 26 and 22 story missions.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If you want a GTA period game, play Assassin's Creed Black Flag. It's literally GTA 1716, the graphics are incredible, and it's fun as hell. It even has sell missions for supplementary income!

E- Quote is not Edit.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

CBJSprague24 posted:

If you want a GTA period game, play Assassin's Creed Black Flag. It's literally GTA 1716, the graphics are incredible, and it's fun as hell. It even has sell missions for supplementary income!

E- Quote is not Edit.

Is there an arbitrary "don't murder civilians" desync trigger for that one?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Only goons would suggest GTA V Singleplayer is bad and Assassin's Creed is better :D

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Mr. Crow posted:

Only goons would suggest GTA V Singleplayer is bad and Assassin's Creed is better :D

Black Flag is actually a legitimately good game though. It's Sid Meier's Pirates but with more stabbing dudes.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Black Flag is a lot of fun but it takes forever to unlock all your abilities and way too many missions force you to play it a really stupid way

so sure, it basically is GTA: Pirates

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Powershift posted:

Rockin the countach lately, and now all i can think about is how GTA:O's profits basically gaurantee we'll never get another "period" gta game again. :(

It's the most profitable entertainment product in history, how the hell are there no decent knock-offs. look how many loving battle royale hero shooter bullshit games there are :(

Take Two also has Mafia to fall back on and iirc, there were some Rockstar devs helping with Mafia III. Make the next one on the Rage engine and retcon the series as a prequel to GTA.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

GTA in space

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Scorched Spitz posted:

Take Two also has Mafia to fall back on and iirc, there were some Rockstar devs helping with Mafia III. Make the next one on the Rage engine and retcon the series as a prequel to GTA.

Also the 2k basketball series which is not far behind in dlc sales. But if 2k is any indication the greed will accelerate, every year that game gets worse.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Oh hay y'all, booking Tale of Us bumped my club's popularity from 0 to 100%

So if anyone was gonna do popularity stuff before booking them you don't gotta :)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Powershift posted:

I want to cruise down the miami strip at sunset in a bright white countach blasting billy idol in a modern game engine :(

Nothing could make me happier

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hugh Malone posted:

So if anyone was gonna do popularity stuff before booking them you don't gotta :)

Hugh Malone posted:

Hugh Malone posted:

Lol nice quad quote thanks [strikeout]Obama[/strikeout]Awful App

The initial setup cost to get the new DJ is $100k and yes that does boost tour popularity to a full bar. After the first time though it costs $10k to switch DJs, again boosting you to 100%.

A. You make that back in the wall safe after the first drop
And
B. The promotion missions are cool a couple times, but having to do 15 or so to get back to full only to start draining again? F that

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
So a cautionary tale - I'm not entirely sure what happened, but here's my best guess: while watching the security cameras at my nightclub to idle safely, I suspect a nightclub raid occurred which pulled me out of it - and I wasn't here, so then I dc'd due to idling, which counted as failing the raid, and I lost my entire inventory. I don't know if watching tv/security cameras at another location would result in avoiding this, but I shall attempt to ascertain this information.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Phweengee posted:

So a cautionary tale - I'm not entirely sure what happened, but here's my best guess: while watching the security cameras at my nightclub to idle safely, I suspect a nightclub raid occurred which pulled me out of it - and I wasn't here, so then I dc'd due to idling, which counted as failing the raid, and I lost my entire inventory. I don't know if watching tv/security cameras at another location would result in avoiding this, but I shall attempt to ascertain this information.

Were you ceo/mc while idle? I was not while I watched a movie. Came back and registered as mc to check stock levels, and a a few minutes later got a call about weed getting raided. By the time I got from the club to the weed farm the product bar was half gone, and then fighting off 4 waves it was another 25% gone. Almost immediately after that I got another call that cash was being raided.

Definitely tuned up the raid logic in the update

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Were you ceo/mc while idle? I was not while I watched a movie. Came back and registered as mc to check stock levels, and a a few minutes later got a call about weed getting raided. By the time I got from the club to the weed farm the product bar was half gone, and then fighting off 4 waves it was another 25% gone. Almost immediately after that I got another call that cash was being raided.

Definitely tuned up the raid logic in the update

I was in MC. On my reattempt to scam the system, I've retreated to my facility security cams to idle, and unenrolled from my MC/org. Will see if this works.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Phweengee posted:

I was in MC. On my reattempt to scam the system, I've retreated to my facility security cams to idle, and unenrolled from my MC/org. Will see if this works.

I've been going afk in my ceo office while watching tv. No raids yet, and I'm typically afk for 24 hrs at a time. A couple of days ago, I forgot to retire from ceo before afk.

...I won't make that mistake again.

It seems like the mc stuff had been getting hit harder since the update.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Mafia III was a disappointment in my eyes, it’s story was fascinating, but it was missing something I felt like.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Mafia III was a disappointment in my eyes, it’s story was fascinating, but it was missing something I felt like.

Mafia III was so frustrating. It's a really awesome story with good acting wrapped up in horribly repetitive gameplay. The missions you're doing at the start of the game are the missions you're doing at the end of the game, just increasing the difficulty as you go on.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I don't know where you nerds get off thinking GTA is anything like Black Flag. Or the mafia games holy lmao. This poo poo is plainly like XCOM.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Lol nice quad quote thanks [strikeout]Obama[/strikeout]Awful App

The initial setup cost to get the new DJ is $100k and yes that does boost tour popularity to a full bar. After the first time though it costs $10k to switch DJs, again boosting you to 100%.

A. You make that back in the wall safe after the first drop
And
B. The promotion missions are cool a couple times, but having to do 15 or so to get back to full only to start draining again? F that

Slight edit here, the first setup mission for new DJ will give you a full boost of popularity. switching back to a different one for $10k is only good for 1 bar or maybe less, so the equivalent of a couple missions.

If you're looking to AFK in the club, there are a few places you can watch the DJ set and avoid getting kicked(like watching TV). At the main console, but you have to be a CEO/MC, so you can't use that one if you want to 'log out'. There is a TV on the wall between your computer and the chill room that you can stand in front and press space to watch, or you can sit on the couch(if Lazlo's dumb rear end isnt balled up and crying, get your poo poo together, man!) and watch the DJ set

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Zigmidge posted:

I don't know where you nerds get off thinking GTA is anything like Black Flag. Or the mafia games holy lmao. This poo poo is plainly like XCOM.

Now I want a top down GTA 1/2 twin stick shooter rogue-like with PERMA-WASTED and procedurally generated subway dungeons

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Never stay registered when you go AFK, especially as an MC. The daily utilities for the businesses are like 30k or smth

I don't believe you can be raided if you are not reg'd as CEO or MC.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Now I want a top down GTA 1/2 twin stick shooter rogue-like with PERMA-WASTED and procedurally generated subway dungeons

Streets of Rogue

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

That already exists dude, you ever play FTL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So GTA is basically Civilization 6, only with fewer 4x elements and a different camera angle?