Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im playing pokemon tcg 2 for the gameboy and man this game is wildly unbalanced if you get a rain dance deck to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

cheetah7071 posted:

I can understand how someone might think Popplio is the worst of the three base forms. I can easily understand thinking Brionne is the worst of the three middle forms because it only shines in motion

but I actually cannot wrap my head around thinking Primarina isn't the best final form. On an intellectual level I get that different people have different tastes and it's all opinion and blah blah blah but my brain cannot fathom how any sane person could think decidueye or incineroar is better

I will die on this hill

I will grant that Primarina is the most flawless of the Alola starters and only mixes the best of a number of excellent design elements, but my heart will always belong to Incineroar. I love its big goofy smirky face and that we finally got a tiger pokémon that isn't a dumb overdesigned legendary.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

good list but i think blastoise, venusaur, and typhlosion are all just as good

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'm the Heatran crawling away in the background

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im playing pokemon tcg 2 for the gameboy and man this game is wildly unbalanced if you get a rain dance deck to work

Is there any broke AF stuff in the first one? I never really got into the TCG that much

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sade posted:

Is there any broke AF stuff in the first one? I never really got into the TCG that much

Hitmonchan and other high-power Basics

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm High-Power Basics is a good clan name

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Please inform me when we have the next code giveaway. I have a bicycle and I'm not afraid to use it!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Primarina is my BFF for life, but really all the Alohan starters have fantastically designed final forms. They're going to be hard for gen 8 to top.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

All the good starters are the ones I like and all the bad ones are the ones you like.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

all of the starters are good

except charizard

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ruggington posted:

except charizard

Charizard is not a starter.

Sure it evolves from one, but it's not a starter per se :smuggo:

:fishmech:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

There aren't any bad starters, they're all very good Pokemon. Meganium though is the weakest one due to not being able to completely fulfill its purpose in its own generation of games.

Luckily it's cute so it has its fans.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Hitmonchan and other high-power Basics

I remember my official TCG strategy guide called this a haymaker deck

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Primarina, Delphox and Rowlett are my friends.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

except charizard

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm being tested by god

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Every fire starter is bad except Incineroar. Incineroar is so good he invalidates all other fire starters.

It's hosed up but it's how it is.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Here's some more Thundurus/Tornadus codes, went to target and snagged some this weekend. Paying it forward for the enkai/raiku codes I got a few pages ago.

A842KTUPYM2GFH2R
A842KTUE74DRXYZQ
A842KTQR54JM8UKP - used
A842KTQ5CMDXFLRK

Cheers, thanks for getting me back into pokemon over a decade later, all eevee Ultra Sun run is going slow due to summer fun and work, currently on akala at level 23.

Whats next months legendary and how are we going to get it?

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 1, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm the charizard liker

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Blaziken is a good fighty fire bird.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Nitramster posted:

A842KTQR54JM8UKP

Got this one. Thanks.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
What're the odds nintendo releases a special edition switch with the Let's Go games?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Note Block posted:

Blaziken is a good fighty fire bird.

This is the correct answer. Blaziken is my personal favorite. A kickboxing chicken that barbecues its own drumsticks. What's not to like about that?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Every fire starter is bad except Incineroar. Incineroar is so good he invalidates all other fire starters.

It's hosed up but it's how it is.

Infernape is Sun Wukong so he’s automatically good tho???? Inceneroar is a top tier boy too though, even if a Fire/Dark heel wrestler just makes me realize how good Fire/Fighting actually is mechanically, which is probably 50% of why they beat it into the ground like they did.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nitramster posted:

What're the odds nintendo releases a special edition switch with the Let's Go games?

"Bears poo poo in the woods"

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Fire Ganon might not be mechanically good, or have stats that make sense, or see play at all but he's great and my friend anyway. His first stage is absolutely adorable too.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Emboar is also my favorite of the fire fighters (discounting Incineroar). Just an adorable little wrestlepig who evolves into a Wind Waker looking Ganon (best Ganondorf), who is strong yet gentle and friends with everyone.

I'm not even a fan of wrestling but all the wrestling themed pokémon are good and cool

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Almost a full team of 6 of them now: Hariyama, Emboar, Hawlucha, Pikachu Libre, Incineroar... Am I forgetting any?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Buzzwole.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
What kind of wrestling does she represent?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Ric Flair school of wrestling.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

less laughter posted:

This was such an iconic era

If only they found a way to remove the need to trade for these good boys... or make it so you can trade before post-game for them at the very least. I want to crush some fools with my Porygon 2 goddamnit :argh:

Or you know, just give us stuff like the Razor Claw earlier. All the different and bullshit methods of evolving these were the real problem tbh.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 1, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As I always say about Pokemon: there's 600+ of the things, no one's expecting you to like all of them but there's bound to be a couple that work just fine for you.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I will grant that Primarina is the most flawless of the Alola starters and only mixes the best of a number of excellent design elements, but my heart will always belong to Incineroar. I love its big goofy smirky face and that we finally got a tiger pokémon that isn't a dumb overdesigned legendary.

Kinda funny that the literal clown of the Alola starters turns into the most graceful final evolution, while the other two become increasingly goofy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As I always say about Pokemon: there's 600+ of the things, no one's expecting you to like all of them but there's bound to be a couple that work just fine for you.

Kinda funny that the literal clown of the Alola starters turns into the most graceful final evolution, while the other two become increasingly goofy.

excuse me, decidueye is the height of grace and elegance

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To be fair the clown was the most graceful of the starters as well. Takes a lot of grace and poise to flip as well as that clown.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

What I don’t get is how a ninja owl is somehow slower than a frog with a tree on it’s back.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Avalerion posted:

What I don’t get is how a ninja owl is somehow slower than a frog with a tree on it’s back.

Somehow it can't resist uttering one-lines like "it's nothing personal, kid" before it attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Avalerion posted:

It's not a ninja it's a ranger and it needs to take time to line up the trick shots.