Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Raged posted:

Few 2.0 questions

Is there actually 2 mods that anyone would put on an Interceptor currently?

Why would anyone choose Bistan over Veteran Turret gunner?

Maybe I missed it, but do scum have any way of dealing somewhat consistent stress besides Assaj?

Potentially good Inty things: Afterburners, Hull or Shield upgrade, Stealth Device. All expensive though.

Bistan and Veteran Turret gunner do different things. Bistan is probably better on a ship where you've added a turret weapon which specifically only have one arc so you couldn't use VTG anyway.

Not sure on the Scum thing, but I think in general there's less stress flying around anyway.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
A much better squad builder is up

https://devjonny.github.io/xwing2estopgap/rebels

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Raged posted:

Few 2.0 questions

Is there actually 2 mods that anyone would put on an Interceptor currently?

Why would anyone choose Bistan over Veteran Turret gunner?

Maybe I missed it, but do scum have any way of dealing somewhat consistent stress besides Assaj?

Afterburners and something, for sure.

Bistan can tap twice out of the same arc.

No, there's no way to deal stress outside uniques and crits, and no other Scum uniques.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Personally I'm glad that

a) Action economy is greatly reduced, and
b) Stress dealers are rare

Both encourage good flying to get advantageous positioning. No more huge, nearly unavoidable no-go areas for your interceptors. Blocking is probably my single favorite tactic in the game, and it was functionally useless after wave 8ish in 1.0.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Afterburners and something, for sure.

Bistan can tap twice out of the same arc.

No, there's no way to deal stress outside uniques and crits, and no other Scum uniques.

Rigged Cargo Chute also works for dealing stress. I think the Lando title is good just to make people not use their linked actions though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah, there's a decent chunk more self inflicted stress too. PTL and needing to actually do reds are so yesterday in 1e, but they'll be a lot more relevant in 2e.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I've been messing around, seeing just what I could fit in alongside a Defender and the points just line up for this jank -

Countess Ryad (86) + Juke (4)
Whisper (52) + Juke (4)
Echo (50) + Juke (4)
Total = 200

This thing's probably going to die to all the various swarms popping up, but it looks kinda fun and it'll be the first 2.0 list I'm putting on the table.

Any thoughts?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Kata-Haro posted:

I've been messing around, seeing just what I could fit in alongside a Defender and the points just line up for this jank -

Countess Ryad (86) + Juke (4)
Whisper (52) + Juke (4)
Echo (50) + Juke (4)
Total = 200

This thing's probably going to die to all the various swarms popping up, but it looks kinda fun and it'll be the first 2.0 list I'm putting on the table.

Any thoughts?
I think I'm gonna steal it, that's what I think!!

Real curious to see how Phantoms hold up in this brave new world.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

As part of the goodbyes to 1.0, my LGFS is doing a FFA X-wing tournament with one 50 point ship per person, the last ship alive wins. The catch is, when you are destroyed, you can come back to the field with the same ship with less hull, fewer shields or one or two upgrades missing depending on the roll of dice. You only have four "lives".

What would you take to an event like that?

I'm thinking about taking Wullffwarro with PTL, 3PO, EU and Luke crew... or maybe a Final Form Nym, but I'm worried about being focused or taking too many ions.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Talas posted:

As part of the goodbyes to 1.0, my LGFS is doing a FFA X-wing tournament with one 50 point ship per person, the last ship alive wins. The catch is, when you are destroyed, you can come back to the field with the same ship with less hull, fewer shields or one or two upgrades missing depending on the roll of dice. You only have four "lives".

I'm thinking about taking Wullffwarro with PTL, 3PO, EU and Luke crew... or maybe a Final Form Nym, but I'm worried about being focused or taking too many ions.

I'd consider Norra or Asajj also.
Asajj Ventress (37)
Push the Limit (3)
Latts Razzi (2)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Countermeasures (3)
Shadow Caster (3)

Total: 50

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Talas posted:

I'd look at ships with strong defensive abilities built in.

My first thought was R2-D2/VI/Optics/Autothrusters Poe 9. He's one of the strongest ships in the game against multiple incoming shots due to his ability, autothrusters, high pilot skill, and regen. Switching out Optics for Sensor Cluster might be worth it in this format where surviving is more important than killing things.

That tankiness rapidly goes down once he loses upgrades. His ability is native, though, so he can never fully lose it.

Miranda is also a very solid choice. More native HP than Poe (if lower defense) with native regen. Plus SLAM can't be understated as a defensive measure. Just GTFO if you're in a bad place. High native HP means you'll almost certainly have the chance to regen every turn.

Ezra (Attack Shuttle) with PTL, Chewbacca crew, hull (or shield) upgrade is hard as gently caress to kill and, again, he's got a really strong native defensive ability. Like Poe, he loses a bit of defensiveness as the upgrades go away.

Any Azuituck with reinforce is also a solid pick.

Is Lone Wolf banned from this event? If not, change every single EPT mentioned above to that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Talas posted:

NERF THIS

"Quickdraw" (29)
Rage (1)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Experimental Interface (3)
Special Ops Training (0)

Total: 40

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Talas posted:

I'd consider this Falcon with durability boost. You don't stand to lose much during your respawns, and you get free offensive and defensive rerolls.

Rey (45)
R2-D2 (Crew) (4)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Total: 50

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has anyone run the numbers on 2.0 Ion? It appears to me that it will actually be harder to ionize a ship since you need at a minimum of 2 hits to cause 1 token.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Raged posted:

Has anyone run the numbers on 2.0 Ion? It appears to me that it will actually be harder to ionize a ship since you need at a minimum of 2 hits to cause 1 token.

On the other hand, you can stack up a lot more ions (especially on large ships) because every hit past the first adds an additional ion token. I think it's going to end up balanced somewhat better than what it was before.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Ultimately I still think that, usually, damage is going to be worth more than ion, unless you can really stack it up.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Ultimately I still think that, usually, damage is going to be worth more than ion, unless you can really stack it up.

Yeah, you are probably right. Was thinking of a Scum Han+Lando EC with all the fixings and Kavil+ generic Y-Wing with ion turrets or torps(No Kavil w/Torps). Just don't see it working well aginst 3 agi ships or winning the damage race.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Well, remember, most 3 AGI ships now will only have focus OR evade, not both. And not multiples of either or some passive effect. They might not have any rerolls at all, and probably no other evade-adding stuff. 3 AGI isn't so scary without all that stuff. I remember, in the early days of 1.0 before AT came along, having a regular ion turret Y-Wing take 4 turns to slowly kill a generic A-Wing with ion shots. Just pinging away 1 hit per turn.

Won't always work, but getting through chip damage is a thing that will happen in 2.0 a lot more often.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

The Gate posted:

Well, remember, most 3 AGI ships now will only have focus OR evade, not both. And not multiples of either or some passive effect. They might not have any rerolls at all, and probably no other evade-adding stuff. 3 AGI isn't so scary without all that stuff. I remember, in the early days of 1.0 before AT came along, having a regular ion turret Y-Wing take 4 turns to slowly kill a generic A-Wing with ion shots. Just pinging away 1 hit per turn.

Won't always work, but getting through chip damage is a thing that will happen in 2.0 a lot more often.

Yep, but now the chip damage won’t put an Ion token on. Will have to see in just over a month. I really can’t wait to try some stuff out.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Some new ships and new factions revealed before Gencon:

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/1024800202232930304

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/1024800685899034624

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vulture droids, hooray!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am legit interested in all of these things.

And laffo now three factions ahve tie fighters.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
poo poo, I never thought they'd do prequel stuff besides a couple one offs like the ARC

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Oh good, the one thing this game needs is 7 loving factions right as it starts a new life cycle.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

enigmahfc posted:

Oh good, the one thing this game needs is 7 loving factions right as it starts a new life cycle.

Unironically this. More factions means more cool ships with less possibly for being loving broke because you can add a cool new ability or ship and gatekeep it away from game breaking combos with faction divides.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Warhammer 40,000 is a lesson in not introducing lots of factions

Hopefully 7 is it and none get absurd

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am not a fan of the prequels at all but, more factions and ships is a good thing for the game.

It's true and what I will be saying through gritted teeth.

That SSD for Armada looks tight. Still won't get me back into it though.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Raged posted:

I am not a fan of the prequels at all but, more factions and ships is a good thing for the game.

It's true and what I will be saying through gritted teeth.

Fortunately, the problems the prequels had had nothing to do with production design and being filled with awesome :krad: war machines. The Clone Wars TV series is going to be filling out both new lists quite a bit.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I see myself just sticking to Rebels, Empire, FO, and Resistance. Glad that ships and packs contain everything I’ll need and won’t need to needless buy a Mining Guild TIE.

I think they’re tapped out for factions, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The one thing that was good about the prequels was the spaceships

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am legit interested in all of these things.

And laffo now three factions ahve tie fighters.

Sienar Fleet Systems spent decades churning the things out. It would be ridiculous if nobody else salvaged them and put them to use.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Technically 4 if you count the TIE f/o then too

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

alg posted:

Warhammer 40,000 is a lesson in not introducing lots of factions

Hopefully 7 is it and none get absurd

I can't imagine what others they could add. Old Republic vs Sith Empire maybe? Those could easily be folded into Clone Wars factions though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I have no issues with the PT or FFG tapping them officially for XW2.0

It's another gateway for players to get into the game who have been holding out for the PT factions and now the game will have ships from all three eras duking it out. Which is cool.

A lot of the PT ships are much smaller than the Galactic Civil War era and the Sequel era starfighters so I'm not sure if they're just going to ignore the scale or what, but I'll probably avoid them so I'm not paying for something with less plastic than an A-Wing but about 10% smaller.

Edit: for the same price that is.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 2, 2018

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Raged posted:

That SSD for Armada looks tight. Still won't get me back into it though.

What's this about SSD for Armada?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Cobbsprite posted:

What's this about SSD for Armada?

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/1024798260148486146

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yours for the low, low price of two hundred American dollars.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

If they made it in x-wing epic scale (between 1:400 and 1:460-ish), it would be 135 feet long.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Yeah but how's its dial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Lol the SSD is for Armada's version of epic which I have never seen played.

Armada players are going to be pissed. They have had next to nothing announced in a year+