Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I have a quest to go interact with my base computer to download a blueprint, but it appears to think that my base computer is located at a random empty point in space. Is there some way to convince it that, actually, my base computer is on the ground, in my base? I tried warping around and reloading my save a couple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Try joining a random multiplayer game and building another base computer, and see if selecting the quest again gives you a new marker.

Joining into someone's game has fixed a couple of weird quest marker glitches for me - had one today to go and visit Apollo's contact in a space station, but it just led me to an empty system that didn't even have a station in it. Went into another game and then it worked perfectly.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Update: I flew in real close on the waypoint and apparently my computer is a blob of water floating in space.

I'll try the multiplayer thing.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Apparently you can refine tritium into platinum? True? If so. gently caress. I spent an hour searching and found none. Good to know, now, I guess.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Triarii posted:

Update: I flew in real close on the waypoint and apparently my computer is a blob of water floating in space.

You can just build a new base computer anywhere to access it. I had to reload after I built it but it worked

Tambaloneus posted:

Apparently you can refine tritium into platinum? True? If so. gently caress. I spent an hour searching and found none. Good to know, now, I guess.

Yep, annoying you can't build the portable refiner on frigates though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Shout out to manufacturing plants that let me cheese the whole thing by shooting the door off with my ship and then just running in. Becasue sentinels are forbidden from going indoors

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 1, 2018

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Triarii posted:

Someone earlier in the thread said you can use middle mouse (no idea what the controller equivalent is) to reset missions. I had a similar issue and wound up building a new base to fix it but if you can reset the quest, it'll save you time and effort.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Bloodplay it again posted:

Someone earlier in the thread said you can use middle mouse (no idea what the controller equivalent is)

Clicking the right stick, according to my tooltips.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Joining a random multiplayer game and then returning to my game did the trick.

Though the base computer seems to just be giving me random suit upgrade blueprints. How do I get blueprints for base-related stuff like glass?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Can I sell this crumpled archive for a cool mil or is it important? Google was unhelpful.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Can I sell this crumpled archive for a cool mil or is it important? Google was unhelpful.

Haven't seen that thing specifically, but anything with a green background is just for selling, with bonus flavour text.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Triarii posted:

Joining a random multiplayer game and then returning to my game did the trick.

Though the base computer seems to just be giving me random suit upgrade blueprints. How do I get blueprints for base-related stuff like glass?

Build the "large room" (looks like a flat cylinder and costs like 350 pure ferrite) and it'll kick off a quest chain that eventually gives you the glass blueprint.

e: you get the large room from the blueprint analyzer that you feed salvaged tech from buried tech pods

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

precision posted:

On PS4, I've had 3 crashes since the patch this morning and I've only played about 3 hours. Previous to that, NEXT had only crashed on me once. =\

I hope the patches keep coming at a good clip until the most egregious stuff is fixed (I'm still getting occasional GENERIC_MSN_TXT, but less than before). The fact that NEXT has created a mega sales bump gives me confidence they'll try to patch very fast.

Yeah it just crashed on me for the fourth time tonight. :mad: Although luckily none of the crashes have been too far out from a save.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

So this is where the game parks me when I teleport to base. How do I get a landing pad blueprint and will that fix it, or do I need to move everything?

Also, I'm a stormtrooper!

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

So where do you get the landing pad and advanced refinery blueprints, anyways?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Bruceski posted:

So this is where the game parks me when I teleport to base. How do I get a landing pad blueprint and will that fix it, or do I need to move everything?

Also, I'm a stormtrooper!

Building a landing pad doesn't stop your ship from spawning halfway inside random buildings.

It does, hilariously, sometimes prevent you from landing at your base because a random NPC ship decides to fly in and land at the pad instead.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Warbadger posted:

So where do you get the landing pad and advanced refinery blueprints, anyways?

I believe the advanced refinery blueprint comes after getting a scientist. Also I just realized I installed it backward.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I believe the advanced refinery blueprint comes after getting a scientist. Also I just realized I installed it backward.

Weird. I don't have it and I've completed all scientist and construction quests.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Can anyone tell me if getting the free freighter is tied to doing any story missions? Like if I keep doing them will I eventually get a mission to get the freighter or do I need to find it by randomly coming across it?

Hey, as far as I can tell you basically need to just be able to warp systems. Build your hyperdrive, go nuts jumping around until you find something you like and save it.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Build the "large room" (looks like a flat cylinder and costs like 350 pure ferrite) and it'll kick off a quest chain that eventually gives you the glass blueprint.

e: you get the large room from the blueprint analyzer that you feed salvaged tech from buried tech pods

I've had one of those with a construction terminal and an overseer for a while now. The overseer hasn't given me any quests, or done anything at all as far as I can tell, and I don't have any quests related to him.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Randomly found an outpost the other night that was selling an S-class multi-tool but didn't have the money for it, now I'm rolling in cash and can't find anything better than B-class. >:[

umbrage
Sep 5, 2007

beast mode

Noctone posted:

Randomly found an outpost the other night that was selling an S-class multi-tool but didn't have the money for it, now I'm rolling in cash and can't find anything better than B-class. >:[

So allegedly the Visor now shows actual longitude and latitude when you use it--at least that was in the 1.5 patch notes. Has anyone here tried using that to get back to precise places on planets? I just always forget it's a possible option before getting distracted by something else.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's the sound of money

And the freighter is still loving ridiculous

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

screaden posted:

You can just build a new base computer anywhere to access it. I had to reload after I built it but it worked

You can build the portable refiner on the freighter, I put one on the desk in the room where you debrief the frigates after a mission.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Two potential bug/I'm stupid questions:

1. I can't really seem to advance in buyable tech for my exosuit/ship/module
I'm like moderately developed and just kinda putting along with my base stuff but even new galaxies don't offer anything new in the tech stores, it's all just greyed out already have bottom tier recipes. Is this normal and if so, what are the point of nanites, I got thousands of em and nothing to purchase.

2. I recently got my medium refiner and I can't figure out how to work it, on the left there are two slots but it will only let me put something into one of the slots, the other doesn't respond at all (not even access to the menu), and on right it just constantly says output blocked and the only thing I can click on is the fuel source.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So the new fun bug on PS4 is buying a new Freighter and then being unable to build on it :negative:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tres commas :smug:

kinda surprising they never expected billionaires in this game.

e: important notice about how the blueprint reader works. There are "strings" of items, where you don't see the next item until you buy the current one. You can't just buy the one-module items hoping the thing you want will come up from the bottom of the list. to get the dome, you have to buy the Y and X shaped corridors. hopefully i can figure out which string contains the landing pad.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 1, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision posted:

So the new fun bug on PS4 is buying a new Freighter and then being unable to build on it :negative:

Reloading my save from on the Freighter fixes this, thank God.

It's not the biggest, but it looks pretty badass:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This might have been mentioned already but on pc the mouse wheel scrolls those obscure z and x menus in the wrong direction. It's there any fix for this?

Also, is there any way to trigger getting a free freighter if the initial scripted event breaks?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I don't know what Activated Cadmium does but now I have over 500 of it!

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Activated stuff converts to chromatic at a 1:1 ratio instead of the normal 2:1

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Lexorin posted:

Activated stuff converts to chromatic at a 1:1 ratio instead of the normal 2:1

Not quite. Cadmium already converts at a 1:1 ratio. So Activated likely converts at a 1:2. Activated Indium converts at 1:4!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Ok well I have over 750 activated cadmium so I guess that means 1500 chromatic. Nice.

It's odd, on the planet I found it on I found a few deposits and then flew around and landed several times looking for more and couldn't find any. Extreme blizzards, but relaxed sentinels who didn't mind me mining under their noses.

Anyone know how the atmospheric and automated mining things work?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So uh, this is a "Crimson Moon"

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Kenshin posted:

Ok well I have over 750 activated cadmium so I guess that means 1500 chromatic. Nice.

It's odd, on the planet I found it on I found a few deposits and then flew around and landed several times looking for more and couldn't find any. Extreme blizzards, but relaxed sentinels who didn't mind me mining under their noses.

Anyone know how the atmospheric and automated mining things work?

Atmospheric harvester:

GAS TYPE: The type of gas harvested (Sulphurine, Radon, or Nitrogen), depends entirely on the type of planetary environment they're set up in. Hot and Barren planets yield Sulphurine, Irradiated and Frozen planets yield Radon, Lush and Toxic planets yield Nitrogen.

Automated mining:
Place it on a resource and fill it with fuel (carbon) and it will generate 250 of the resource, without depleting the source.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Bugman Dave here with another hot, new, hosed up, and maybe game breaking bug if you're not careful! Well, if you're on the PS4 it will be game breaking (if it works there, I don't know) but at least on PC you can edit your save to fix this.

Check it out!

If you go to an empty slot on any inventory that lets you transfer (so, not equipment, but everything else) and hit X to bring up the transfer dialog, hover over an item to transfer, and then hit W, it will grab an item from your (sometimes?) current inventory. This includes things that you can't actually move. In some instances it will only move the thing. In other instances, it will copy. This includes things that you can't deconstruct, which means you could gently caress your inventory up something righteous. Thus I made what you see in the screenshot and, yes, it actually works. I think this is the only glitch I'm going to keep taking advantage of, if only because I feel like there should be a way to craft more of these but there isn't.
Edit: And yeah, this is a partial dupe bug that's great for getting tech modules.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 1, 2018

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Tambaloneus posted:

Also you can't sell a starship, only exchange right? I have like 4 junked ones I kept claiming to salvage any working tech from, then I'd leave them on the planet thinking once I left it'd despawn but now I have a freighter and they have all returned home and are so junky I can't even afford to trade them. No way to just plain old delete/scrap/sell them?

They are easy to delete with the save editor

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

Automated mining:
Place it on a resource and fill it with fuel (carbon) and it will generate 250 of the resource, without depleting the source.
Oh poo poo. How long does that take? I could just dump it on Activated <whatever> during storms and sit comfy in my ship if it only takes a minute or two.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They need to hurry up and patch in a way to dismiss Frigates. I've got a couple that just don't cut the mustard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

screaden posted:

You totally can, not in the corridors tho. I built mine right at the brigde :v: