Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
In a Wiggs/Chaze team, would you rather run R2 or Thrawn? And since I'm fairly close to unlocking Raid Han, would he replace either R2 or Thrawn in this squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I used Wiggs, Chaze and Han to a great deal of success for a while. Han's crit buff has great synergy with Wedge's lead.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
You can always run both for different reasons. Try leaving both on overnight for a few nights and see which one holds better, but swap them in and out depending on your opponent. Tankless teams are probably easier to manage with Han but Thrawn will lock a Baze down, letting you do your thing.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I like R2 better with a CLS lead for the counter attack stuns

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its kinda hilarious how the game is avoiding giving me the mats to upgrade Raid Hans zeta ability. i've gotten 4 more zetas since I hit 20 and I still can't upgrade it. I can't upgrade anyone elses but still.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If you are in Something Maulful and you are reading this:

THEY HAVE NOTHING LEFT BUT A PHOENIX WALL, GET IN HERE AND BURN, BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the devs must really hate light side ships. Dark side has all the best ships except for Biggs so the new ship they add is a dark side.... counter to Biggs

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A TIE being good is the most absolutely ridiculous thing in this entire game.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

the devs must really hate light side ships. Dark side has all the best ships except for Biggs so the new ship they add is a dark side.... counter to Biggs

Not anymore. Cassians U-Wing is the best reinforcement, the Episode VII Falcon is really good but not worth the investment to get there, the Pheonix ships are good and synergise with Akbugs, the Galactic Republic ships all work well together. The main issue is that other Akbar using his speed to overwhelm reinforcements, the LS Cap ships are bad and the teams don't work together the way Tie/TA/Reaper do (turn manipulation). It also hurts that Biggs needs constant target locking, which the light side heavy damage dealers don't do, and he's really the only decent tank.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was doing well against NS teams, but then suddenly Old Dakka instantly comes back to life after killing her now. Oh boy.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I was doing well against NS teams, but then suddenly Old Dakka instantly comes back to life after killing her now. Oh boy.

You had me thinking for a moment that they randomly changed something about Daka. NS have 3 resurrection mechanics outside of Zombie's unique. The first is Daka's heal, which is a guaranteed res of a Nightsister with a 35% (70% for NS) to raise any other dead ally. The second is Talzin's swarm attack. If it kills someone, all NS allies are revived and heal 100% health. The third is zTalzin's leader, which is like a mini-swarm calling a dead NS to assist on a basic attack, and if an enemy dies, the assist revives with 50% health.

The entire comp revolves around not staying dead and it's loving glorious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Warmachine posted:

You had me thinking for a moment that they randomly changed something about Daka. NS have 3 resurrection mechanics outside of Zombie's unique. The first is Daka's heal, which is a guaranteed res of a Nightsister with a 35% (70% for NS) to raise any other dead ally. The second is Talzin's swarm attack. If it kills someone, all NS allies are revived and heal 100% health. The third is zTalzin's leader, which is like a mini-swarm calling a dead NS to assist on a basic attack, and if an enemy dies, the assist revives with 50% health.

NO one was dead, so it must have been the leader ability. Also I've fought against taunting enemies that never lose the taunt, and then that taunting character has some rez or heavy heal mechanic on it. I had my ner 80K Sith/Empire team was beaten by a 50k Phoenix that had a Chopper that never stopped taunting and of course always had backup plan on it. The amount of taunts in this game is super annoying.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Warmachine posted:

I was extremely confused the first time I fought a zTalzin lead team

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I was extremely confused the first time I fought a zTalzin lead team

I'm glad im not the only one, having a dead sister appear as part of a swarm and attack and then die made me assume something had bugged out at first.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Those resurrect mechanics are why Imperial Troopers are so hilariously effective against them.

NS: Kill one of us and two will take their place!

IT: Every kill makes us an order of magnitude stronger.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

SgtMongoose posted:

Those resurrect mechanics are why Imperial Troopers are so hilariously effective against them.

NS: Kill one of us and two will take their place!

IT: Every kill makes us an order of magnitude stronger.

Yeah, zTalzin is super good against Rex and Jedi teams, zEP and zIT are good against zTalzin, jedi/rex are good against zEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhOWjKAdghA&t=27s
I just got rex to 7* (not leveled or geared at all though), might have to try it out. Have EP and thrawn at g11, Mt close to g11, Enfys at g10. Good speed mods, so I feel like it could be pulled off

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 1, 2018

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Finally gotten my Bastila team geared "enough" so i decided to take them out for a spin

zBastila, G11 and 3*, (decent speed mods)
zGMY G11, (great speed mods)
Ezra G10 (poo poo mods)
GK G10 (alright mods)
OldBen G9 (lol) (poo poo mods)

The first fight was against some kitchen sink CLS, rHAN, Vader, Thrawn and Nest team, all G12 and fully zetaed. The fight took forever and i had all of them except Nest dead but i couldn't put a dent in Nest. It was 40 seconds remaining of the timer so i figured i would lose, i hit auto and put down the phone to do something else. A bit later i returned to find that i had actually won the fight, which i have no idea how i did.

The next fight was against a standard nightmare team, which i steamrolled. They were also all G12 and zetaed.

I figured i would struggle with the zzGMY(L), zBarris, zzHMY, zzOldBen, GK team (all G12) i faced next but i obliterated that team as well.

The Bastila team is kinda weird, its kinda "fun not fun" to play. There is a ton of buffs and my dudes is not really getting hurt but im also not really dishing out any damage. I'd say that GMY deals 80% of all the damage. You would think Ezra would be a top damage dealer as well but he hits like a wet paper towel. Will be interesting to see how he does once i G12 him and get more speed on him. (and a zeta?) (also should i zeta OB?) I still have 5 zetas to spend.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Hermit Yoda is a superstar there because Master's Training helps supercharge GMY and Ezra. Also, prioritize getting defense penetration (and Bastila's assist buffs, ofc) on GMY and spreading that around, because it'll really help your damage output

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Finally gotten my Bastila team geared "enough" so i decided to take them out for a spin

zBastila, G11 and 3*, (decent speed mods)
zGMY G11, (great speed mods)
Ezra G10 (poo poo mods)
GK G10 (alright mods)
OldBen G9 (lol) (poo poo mods)

The first fight was against some kitchen sink CLS, rHAN, Vader, Thrawn and Nest team, all G12 and fully zetaed. The fight took forever and i had all of them except Nest dead but i couldn't put a dent in Nest. It was 40 seconds remaining of the timer so i figured i would lose, i hit auto and put down the phone to do something else. A bit later i returned to find that i had actually won the fight, which i have no idea how i did.

The next fight was against a standard nightmare team, which i steamrolled. They were also all G12 and zetaed.

I figured i would struggle with the zzGMY(L), zBarris, zzHMY, zzOldBen, GK team (all G12) i faced next but i obliterated that team as well.

The Bastila team is kinda weird, its kinda "fun not fun" to play. There is a ton of buffs and my dudes is not really getting hurt but im also not really dishing out any damage. I'd say that GMY deals 80% of all the damage. You would think Ezra would be a top damage dealer as well but he hits like a wet paper towel. Will be interesting to see how he does once i G12 him and get more speed on him. (and a zeta?) (also should i zeta OB?) I still have 5 zetas to spend.

So ideally you want to replace one of the Kenobi’s with Hermit Yoda to really crank up your Damage.

And yes, a Zeta on Ezra will help a lot as well.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm loving the meta shift to Bastila because my JTR "Ladies and Droids" team just mows the poo poo out of that comp. Last fight I got off Illuminated Destiny three times.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Ezra needs a good set of mods, Master's training, a zeta and G12+ gear to really shine.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Ezra needs a good set of mods, Master's training, a zeta and G12+ gear to really shine.

Yeah mine is G11 with middling mods and he hits for like 3k on sion without any buffs... he sucks.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I assume you need at least a Zeta on Bastilla for that comp to come alive yes?

I've been gearing up a team and will have Hoda at 7 after this Territory War hopefully but am a ways off my next Zeta.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rabbi Tupac posted:

I assume you need at least a Zeta on Bastilla for that comp to come alive yes?

I've been gearing up a team and will have Hoda at 7 after this Territory War hopefully but am a ways off my next Zeta.

She's good without it, but the zeta takes it to another level.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I use my no Zetas Bastila GK GMYoda Ezra and Zeta Hermit Yoda to punch out RJT comps and such in Tee Dubs.

The zeta is mainly required to let them take down Sith.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
If anyone is new and somewhere in the new to level 84 range, and not doing very well in arena (or you just want a re-roll), hit me up. I have a level 68 alt I'd like to stop playing. For the first time, I broke top 5 in arena (haven't reached payout yet, but I think I'll be fine). Focused on NS, and it's paid off well, and with some focus on KRU, I've been able to make top 10 or so in fleet. I don't want to play this account forever though, so if anyone wants to take this over and make it their own, that's cool. I'm also linked in with some of the arena chat guys, so I could get you into that discord as well -- although they're missing most of the people that sit in top 5 (I'm guessing they have their own discord).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I complain about being beat by a roughly equivalent power NS team but then I auto battle a Jedi team that was 100k power and I absolutely destroy them. PVP is a joke.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I complain about being beat by a roughly equivalent power NS team but then I auto battle a Jedi team that was 100k power and I absolutely destroy them. PVP is a joke.

It's a game of rock/paper/scissors right now, which is unarguably better than the first 1-2 years of the games existence.

At launch it was all about speed speed speed, so your standard HK/IG bros/Poe loving wrecked.
Then they nerfed Poe and the meta became Phasma lead assist nightmares with GS/CD/OD/QGJ.
After than, the Dookie/Obbie lead dodge squads with OD and QGJ for maximim stuns.

***Somewhere around here, healers fell out of the arena meta completely***

On to fuckin' wedge rebels, then EP lead team evil, the zader/zaul's shortlived time before R2 and F2P rex brought about the era of triple cleanse.

Good luck if you didn't have a Triple cleanse squad, because nothing could beat it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, unless there is a team I think I can actually beat, like a unzeta'd team or whatnot, I just choose the strongest and autobattle, because Its faster than trying to fight a losing battle.

So I have been able to 3* both the Sion and Blaze nodes, but I'm still stuck at 1* for the shore and krennick nodes. That's okay, because those are the two characters I want to farm.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, unless there is a team I think I can actually beat, like a unzeta'd team or whatnot, I just choose the strongest and autobattle, because Its faster than trying to fight a losing battle.

So I have been able to 3* both the Sion and Blaze nodes, but I'm still stuck at 1* for the shore and krennick nodes. That's okay, because those are the two characters I want to farm.

What team are you using? IMO get your wiggs up, then use wedge lead, biggs, zolo, r2 and your storm han should be able to beat it easy. Also stop gearing your vet han its a waste

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

What team are you using? IMO get your wiggs up, then use wedge lead, biggs, zolo, r2 and your storm han should be able to beat it easy. Also stop gearing your vet han its a waste

My rebel team right now is Lando, Raid Han, Farmboy Luke, ST Han and R2. I am sure there is a better leader for that team, but Lando is my best choice right now.

I love meeting upbeatable teams; Nihilus, R2, Baze, 5s and Chirrut. Just absolutly obiliterates whatever I take and they all get healed massively and constantly. Like 20k multiple times and one shots everyone, not to mention they chain attacks with everything they do.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

There is no universe in which Farmboy Luke is a better choice for that slot than Biggs, even if you don't have Wedge.

Because Farmboy Luke is garbage from a toilet

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

My rebel team right now is Lando, Raid Han, Farmboy Luke, ST Han and R2. I am sure there is a better leader for that team, but Lando is my best choice right now.

I love meeting upbeatable teams; Nihilus, R2, Baze, 5s and Chirrut. Just absolutly obiliterates whatever I take and they all get healed massively and constantly. Like 20k multiple times and one shots everyone, not to mention they chain attacks with everything they do.

I have had a lot of success using Boba Fett with my rebels team. It ends up looking like this.

Commander Luke, RHan, Biggs, Wedge, Fett

In general Boba Fett is a really good character if you're just starting out, he is very versatile with a bunch of different teams.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Defiance Industries posted:

There is no universe in which Farmboy Luke is a better choice for that slot than Biggs, even if you don't have Wedge.

Because Farmboy Luke is garbage from a toilet

And biggs' ship is real good too so get that wiggs combo geared up, then find an ally with a good CLS, that'll clear those light side nodes real fast

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only reason that FB Luke is so high is that I need him to be good to unlock CLS.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

The only reason that FB Luke is so high is that I need him to be good to unlock CLS.

farmboy luke is never useful in any other situation, whereas leia has some utility in certain raids, and r2 is excellent in many teams, so dont focus luke so much imo

the only hard phase of the CLS event uses leia, r2, storm han, and fb luke, and of those r2 is by far the most useful, leia is ok, storm han is eh, and FB luke is garbage tier

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

twistedmentat posted:

Biggs ranks up hella fast and even a 2* Biggs is better than whatever you've done with FB Luke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

farmboy luke is never useful in any other situation, whereas leia has some utility in certain raids, and r2 is excellent in many teams, so dont focus luke so much imo

the only hard phase of the CLS event uses leia, r2, storm han, and fb luke, and of those r2 is by far the most useful, leia is ok, storm han is eh, and FB luke is garbage tier

Really because the stage i got stuck at for CLS required FB Luke and STHan.

And I have been leveling biggs and wedge.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Really because the stage i got stuck at for CLS required FB Luke and STHan.

And I have been leveling biggs and wedge.

What are your mods like? I did have to move speed sets onto Luke/Leia and a tanky set for Han, but your Luke/Han should be more than sufficient for the next time the cls event shows up. I'd definitely get Leia and r2 up a bit more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Get Wedge and Biggs. Use Wedge as your leader and you will profit. Remove FBLuke and STHan, they are worthless against Wiggs, Lando, R2, and Han.