Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

dsriggs posted:

Rosemary brought him back from the dead, though

e: stream’s going well

https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1023421128784535552

Directly followed by a match with Big Boss Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

dsriggs posted:

Rosemary brought him back from the dead, though

Rosemary, Dakota Kai, and Manny Faberino being part of various newLegacy storylines is just so bizarre and perfect.

And as I typed this someone named "LovesToSpooge" subscribes and Sting retires. It's a wild universe.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I don't think you can top Seth Rollins running in on an Inferno match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Testekill posted:

I don't think you can top Seth Rollins running in on an Inferno match.

He was mad someone was trying to BURN IT DOWN without him

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
nL Slip is cursed.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Kidd Rtruth has debuted in wrestling school

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
REDEMPTION for Dan Buchanan!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

That was the ending that the stream deserved

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Testekill posted:

That was the ending that the stream deserved

"Vince McMahon is a good boss to work for" -The Miz

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

No, having his name changed to Major Jimmy is the way it deserves to end.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Well, this mode just sounds dumb:

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k19/wwe-2k19-new-towers-mode-revealed-all-details?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so its like the single player from mortal kombat 2

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What if I don't want to climb the towers, but still want to read the exclusive lore about the heroes of WWE's past? What then, 2K?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

We put together all of the fan feedback from 2k18--thank you, fans, we love you--and we really took the series back to the lab this time and we spent a lot of time figuring out what was wrong with it and what we needed to invest our massive resources in to make it better, and we listened, and learned, and we came back with what the fans have really been asking for: A fighting game ladder mode

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, NetherRealm's ladders in Injustice and MK have actually been really fun and I think those are the inspiration. I'd be down with a gauntlet where every 10 seconds the ring explodes while I fight Jinder Mahal.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I just spent 20 minutes downloading and installing the New Japan game and that poo poo is straight garbage.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EdsTeioh posted:

I just spent 20 minutes downloading and installing the New Japan game and that poo poo is straight garbage.

yeah its really bad and Gedo should feel bad for making it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So I know the big Fire Pro/NJPW collaboration thing is coming out in late August, but has a release date for Fire Promoter been announced yet? Last I heard was "Autumn 2018".

I need to get back to making edits. My Promotion's roster stands at only 11 dudes, and one of them I still haven't even started making Logic for. At least I've almost got the dozen dudes I need to finish my poster, though a couple of those guys are lowcards/jobbers that probably don't warrant being on a poster. :v: (then again when your roster is small...)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Autumn 2018 for the Promoter mode DLC seems as likely as anything given they said it'd be out after the PS4 version launches.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Yeah, I don't recall hearing any specific dates after the first one got missed hard.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So we've come full circle back to WWF Attitude.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Timby posted:

So we've come full circle back to WWF Attitude.

I can have a dinosaur head again and have to press 9 buttons to do a tombstone? Sounds great!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Subliminal Ninja posted:

I can have a dinosaur head again and have to press 9 buttons to do a tombstone? Sounds great!

If you didn’t give the Dinosaur Head guy(or any created wrestler for that matter) Eye of the Chicken as a theme I’d be very disappointed!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Press 9 buttons to do a Tombstone, end up doing an armdrag instead

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is the PC version of Fire Pro World getting the NJPW stuff or is that PS4 only? I can't wait for storymode to be added.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
PC version is getting the same content. I don't think anyone is sure yet how edit sharing is going to work on PS4 as compared to the Steam Workshop though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the njpw characters & story mode and management mode dlc are both coming out at the same time when its out on PS4

the only iffy stuff about PS4 is that there's been like no word on how created characters will work so... ehhh. maybe people will find out there's a way to port stuff like people found a way to port returns and even dreamcast edits to the PC

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 1, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I won't be supermad if there's no way to import in game with FPW Esp when the NJPW dlc drops. I'll mostly be bodying Taichi with Fucktrain Jethro as it is.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just hope PS4 doesn't kill the PC edit community. :smith:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PC has Carlzilla's mods and people are even figuring out how to add custom edit pieces, so I doubt PS4 will draw away too many people interested in stuff like that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I just wanna drop dudes on their domes in a modern wrestling game that isn't made in a sweatshop by people too pressured to make a release date to get it right.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I just hope PS4 doesn't kill the PC edit community. :smith:

The mod scene has changed so much on PC, and the half-dozen or so guys that make 75% of the good real-world edits for Fire Pro are pretty dedicated to the PC, so I doubt that's gonna happen.

Puroresu Today interviewed the co-director of Fire Pro. The summary of the interview(courtesy of criticalclub.com)

quote:

On the Revival of Firepro:

- New Japan first approached Spike Chunsoft about making an NJPW-oriented Fire Pro game back in around 2014 with basically the same premise -- using Fire Pro Returns' engine and etc. But it fizzled out like all the other Firepro propositions.
- As mentioned, Tamura wasn't expecting the response from overseas to be so strong about S1 Mode, and after seeing so many people ask for it to be brought back, he went ahead and added it in again.
- Matsumoto mentions that overseas users want more freedom in deathmatches, such as being able to walk around outside, do top rope moves, and such -- that it seems like there's a lot of users outside of Japan who want to see more blood (he says with a laugh). But that he'll be keeping this in mind as something to change immediately after the release of the game.
- He points out that, even as Firepro is getting closer to being a "real" pro wrestling simulator, he's doing what he can to lift the restrictions on player creativity, such as changing the parts scaler so you can turn someone's hands to 0% and make them invisible. So if its appearance becomes worse, that's just your fault (also said with a laugh). But that yes, he wants to give people the freedom to do as they please.
- When asked about adding an even bigger size than LL for making a character like Andreza Giant Panda (a recent memetic hit wrestler in Japan), Matsumoto laughed and said he would love to... but thinks that a character that big would mess up the grapple animations. Lead developer Toshiaki Tamura agreed and said it'd be hard to get the moves to work with a character that big.
- Matsumoto mentions that he has some plans for something involving character parts. He would like to say what it is, but he can't, so he'll simply settle for saying that whatever he has planned has yet to be implemented.

On New Moves:

- It takes about 2 days to make one brand new move, per Tamura. Double team moves take about 1.5 times longer. The Golden Trigger in particular took 3 days to properly animate. (I'm sure someone will point out how easy it was to make moves with the move pack... But remember that most if not all of those were spliced animations.) Tamura adds that part of the reason the Golden Trigger took so long is that they made some last-minute tweaks just before Golden Week to add a pause for Kenny Omega's voice clip and to add some dramatic tension to the move.
- Tamura points out that the process for making moves would perhaps be easier if the game was 3D based, but since it's not, and it's a rather "analog" sort of system, it takes a lot more time to put together animations. He likens it to the work of a craftsman, which... having seen how exactly those animations are handled, and comparing it to other games with very similar animation systems, seems about right to me. In effect, he says, the animation system is less for convenience and more for giving the game its unique "Firepro-ism" that makes it stand out.
- Interviewer Yoshinori Yamaguchi points out that keeping the old systems in place is something that appeals to the old fans as well... which is when Matsumoto brings up the embarrassing past of the series, the one time (outside of Iron Slam...) that it strayed from its old formula, the Xbox Live game. Though it has some of the newer systems one would expect from a game... it was also missing the crux of what made Firepro, Firepro.
- Matsumoto again says he plans on taking the very Showa-esque (1980s style) wrestling pace of Fire Pro and wants to bring in elements to freshen it up and make it similar to modern New Japan, as well as the modern overseas wrestling organizations. He's been thinking a lot about how to implement these more modern features, such as being able to turn them on and off, how to handle it with the CPU logic engine, and so on. But he says it's fun to plan it out, to consider how it will evolve. He calls it an unfinished work in progress, as Akira Taue once was called (laughing).
- They talk about the Okite Yaburi/finisher steal mechanic, how it was meant to enhance PvP matches. They decided that the Okite Yaburi term would stay the same because they wanted it to be akin to the Critical! logo as something that is decidedly Firepro-esque language. Matsumoto mentions that, again, there are a lot of things he'd like to say about the Okite Yaburi mechanic and how it'll be changed in the future, but he can't really do so at the moment. He does mention that he wants to allow for Okite Yaburi to be triggered from more than just front grapples, but also top rope moves -- so at the moment it's still not a complete mechanic. If I'm reading this right, Matsumoto mentions that in the PS4 version, they have added a logic setting that affects the probability that the CPU will use an Okite Yaburi move in a match. Adding that the feature is not currently in the PC version -- so if you want to see the AI do it automatically, you should play the PS4 version. (I assume this will be added later. :V)

On Online Mode:

- Online mode was difficult to develop, because there was not much that could be done to mitigate lag. It's an issue of internet infrastructure. Matsumoto points out that it's a matter of fact that lag will occur when playing overseas matches, and something they can't really combat because it's out of the software's hands. But when that happens, he wants people to be less concerned over serious fighting for win-loss records but instead to have fun recreating a wrestling match. He mostly wants people to enjoy themselves and says not to take it too seriously.

On the NJPW content:
- As previously mentioned, the NJPW wrestlers have as many as 80 voices. However, Matsumoto does note that some have fewer than that -- fairly tight-lipped guys like SANADA in particular have a smaller number of voice samples.
- Though there are original entrance themes as well, guys like Okada and Tanahashi have their real entrance themes. The songs have been cut down to match the length of a typical in-game entrance, so the songs generally start at the point in which a wrestler comes out onto the stage. They decide to look through the voice clips and find EVIL's catchphrase, which causes the interviewer to respond REALLY enthusiastically.
- Tamura points out that some of these clips may be a bit too long to use in a normal match, but that they're still there for fans to listen to.
- Other voice clips heard during the preview include the "Golden Trigger!" voice clip for both Kenny and Ibushi, as well as one where Ibushi says, "Pro wrestling is the best!"
- Tenzan and Kojima seem to have voice clips meant for talking to each other.
- Super Strong Machine has a mic performance clip saying, "I'm sorry for that boring match."
- Hiromu has several long clips: Things like "Get excited! Have some fun! More, more, more, more!" and "I've got to win, meow!"
- They talk about more clips. Super Strong Machine has two different voice samples where he says he's not Hirata.
- Tamura recommends Taichi's voice clips since they're full of silly trash talking.
- All of New Japan's titles will be in the game for use in Title Matches.
- Tamura mentions that, though the timing would be tough, he'd be happy to take any pre-leaked footage of new moves and costumes from major players in NJPW and get to work on them as added content in the game.
- The Complete Guide that comes with first printings of the game is an almanac that features the wrestlers' moves, special skills, and parameters -- something that you'd normally have to pay 15 or 20 bucks to get after the fact. They're proud of its visual design -- it's meant to look like a special issue of Weekly Prowrestling. They mention that Okada's stats are frighteningly high. The interviewer says he shouldn't be surprised, given that Okada is the modern day Monster Champion.
- As mentioned, Jay White isn't in the game, but Matsumoto says you can use the guide as a guideline for how to make him -- he thinks that his stats should be just a tad lower than EVIL's.
Emphasis mine.

I hope PS4 NJPW Fire Pro sells well enough that they can keep updating, and more specifically modernizing, the game.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I have the PS4 version pre-ordered, but I’m really chomping at the bit to play.

Any Mac users tried running it in Parallels? How’d it go?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I hope somebody makes Jay White on the PS4 as soon as possible along with other people who should already be in this game such as the majority of the Bullet Club

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

quote:

sorry WWE 2K is at least presentable this game looks like complete poo poo wtf is up with you nerds complaining about AAA games and turning around and playing game like this lmao it's so loving backwards idc how much you hate wwe2k you will never convince me this outdated piece of poo poo is worth a dime , the characters look like loving poo poo , game play is choppy as gently caress it's like they designed this game for a controller without joysticks look how the players move lmao like loving robots , I've never heard of this game until 20 minutes ago while randomly scrolling

quote:

im sorry ..but can't not get into this old looking game it's suck that Japan couldn't get the like the wwe games better looking going to pass this one

quote:

If they had modern day graphics and career mode, I would buy. I don't want play nes on ps4

quote:

People are going to say this game is better because it's less popular and they're afraid of getting criticized by anti WWE fanboys, and if they like 2K more that is their opinion and there's no need to act like an rear end in the comment section. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

quote:

This game is a android crap not a console game, 90' graphics? Old crap mechanics? Stupids fanboys.

:allears: Lots of people are starting to notice Fire Pro for the first time.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

OGB posted:

I have the PS4 version pre-ordered, but I’m really chomping at the bit to play.

Any Mac users tried running it in Parallels? How’d it go?

I don't know about Parallels but I've heard it works in WINE

Unrelated to any of this:

If you want to see the finest a decent example of what the Fire Pro PC modding community can do, or if you just want to see characters close-enough to popular video game characters 'rassle each other, come on down to https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

edit: n/m. the new version of VLC isn't being cooperative.

Takuan fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 3, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The "Signature moves can crit" part of Carzilla's mod alone means I could never switch to the PS4 version. Its just too good.

https://giant.gfycat.com/TidyAnotherInvisiblerail.webm

I swear, this guy has a glass jaw. He's gets crit all the time while I'm testing tweaks.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

OK, Let's try this again:
Tonight @8:05 EST!
GAME Pro Wrestling presents SMAAAASH!
-Full Card:
-In their final(for now) appearance, The World Famous Soda Gals take on The N Team(Captain N, Kirby, Megaman & Samus)
-Tina Armstrong attempts to do the impossible by fighting NEMESIS one on one
-The Returners face Zangief & Rainbow Mika because why not.
-In a GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World Match, Smough & Ornstein vs The Steiner Bros
-In his desperate attempt to revitalize his career, Johnny Cage challenges Tracer
-Ganondorf takes on Duke Nukem because Ganondorf is really mad Duke pinned him in a tag match the other week.
-Trevor Belmont and King Bowser square off for the third time to finally settle their feud.
-Chun-B defend the Co-Op Titles against The Master Robots(Protoman & R.O.B.)
-THE DOOMSLAYER seeks revenge for a broken neck against Dracula
-And in the Main Event, The Mighty Gilgamesh defends the PCGP World Championship against The Unstoppable Mettaton!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The "Signature moves can crit" part of Carzilla's mod alone means I could never switch to the PS4 version. Its just too good.

https://giant.gfycat.com/TidyAnotherInvisiblerail.webm

I swear, this guy has a glass jaw. He's gets crit all the time while I'm testing tweaks.

where do i turn this mod on in the patcher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Budget Dracula posted:

where do i turn this mod on in the patcher?

You know how with the CZ mod installed a seperate window with a bunch of subwindows opens up? Find the "More Match Options" window (which is full of goodies) and use the "Other match options" tab and the option is in there.