Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Kennel posted:

-The wheelchair (the chair itself) counts as a witness and can only be killed using stairs:

:pusheen:

PYF Game Glitch: the wheelchair is a witness and can only be killed using stairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Stairs are the wheelchair's natural enemy, you understand.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That Daniel guy makes incredible videos and I thank this thread for introducing me to his channel.

He's like the Longmont Potion Castle of videogame griefers. He even sounds like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KagfwsYL-Mo

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Does the elevator in hitman actually move? that's the only reason I could think of the physics being that wonky. I figure most devs get around that by giving the illusion of movement and just loading the level in after.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lord Lambeth posted:

Does the elevator in hitman actually move? that's the only reason I could think of the physics being that wonky. I figure most devs get around that by giving the illusion of movement and just loading the level in after.

Apparently they do (this was also mentioned on the stream). If you push someone on an elevator while it's going down, they'll die because they "fall" a large distance. This doesn't happen if the elevator is stationary/going up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If that's the level I'm thinking of, you can actually enter the elevator shaft so it has to be an actual moving object and not just a transition.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Every elevator in Blood Money has an open hatch you can climb through and see that the elevator is actually moving.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

PYF Game Glitch: the wheelchair is a witness and can only be killed using stairs

:bisonyes:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Nothing too exciting, just some odd small glitches I encountered in Elder Scrolls Online.

This one minor NPC, Ashaka, is inexplicably always referred to as MONSTER in the text. She is not a monster, nor does she become one.

He killed me once, so I left him hanging. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbkmX4xfY2o
That... does not look safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m8hgMfYG2I
This unfortunately corrected itself after I fell in the water.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

-The wheelchair (the chair itself) counts as a witness and can only be killed using stairs:

100% sounds like something out of a dwarf fortress patch note

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Or Skyrim.

Goddamn chickens always witnessing my crimes :argh:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Fallout: Sneak into rear end in a top hat's house while he's sleeping, using the Mister Sandman perk and silently kill him. Three seconds later when you exit the building the entire loving town is outside with torches and pitchforks. :argh:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
IIRC, horses Red Dead Redemption counted as witnesses also, even your own horse if you let it get far enough away.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

SpacePig posted:

IIRC, horses Red Dead Redemption counted as witnesses also, even your own horse if you let it get far enough away.

The horse was just cutting a plea deal and rolled on you

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

The Croc posted:

The horse was just cutting a plea deal and rolled on you

Poor Freckles, thought about turning state's evidence and died.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

CzarChasm posted:

Freckles sleeps with the seahorses now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Freckles wakes up and finds a severed wheelchair wheel in his bed. He screams. The message is delivered.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

lmbo

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I know in GTAV all the animals counted as witnesses, so even if you killed a guy way out in the middle of nowhere, if a bird or a deer or a rabbit happened to see you they'd call the cops on you. It's simultaneously infuriating since the cops in GTAV are terrible cheats with aimbots and wallhacks and stuff, but also hilarious because how and why would anyone set up the witness system like that I just don't know

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Ruflux posted:

I know in GTAV all the animals counted as witnesses, so even if you killed a guy way out in the middle of nowhere, if a bird or a deer or a rabbit happened to see you they'd call the cops on you. It's simultaneously infuriating since the cops in GTAV are terrible cheats with aimbots and wallhacks and stuff, but also hilarious because how and why would anyone set up the witness system like that I just don't know

Probably an entity data object attribute which was incorrectly inherited by all animator-controlled objects, not just human-type objects.

EDIT: and impossible to remove afterwards because it breaks god-knows-what and is replicated everywhere.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Ruflux posted:

I know in GTAV all the animals counted as witnesses, so even if you killed a guy way out in the middle of nowhere, if a bird or a deer or a rabbit happened to see you they'd call the cops on you.

So you play as Granos?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Or Skyrim.

Goddamn chickens always witnessing my crimes :argh:

Does anyone have a link to that write-up about someone casting berserk on a chicken in Skyrim which resulted in pure pandemonium, with an entire village busy chasing the PC, and the guards chasing the villagers?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Marcade posted:

So you play as Granos?

Ok, I don't wanna be the "explain this to me" guy, but...

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Neito posted:

Ok, I don't wanna be the "explain this to me" guy, but...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2512842

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1424

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Aug 1, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcNMgpYpgfw

The AI in Max Payne 3 is generally really smart, but sometimes it can make very, very bad decisions.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

I mean it almost worked

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's very true! Here is an actual glitch that happened a minute or so later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctKagXEkK0M

AKA In Which Max Payne Blows Up For No Reason

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Probably an entity data object attribute which was incorrectly inherited by all animator-controlled objects, not just human-type objects.

EDIT: and impossible to remove afterwards because it breaks god-knows-what and is replicated everywhere.

A mod that fixes this was released like a week after the game launched on PC. I think the leading theory was that Rockstar wanted to artificially increase difficulty because it looked like it was done that way on purpose according to the guy who did the mod (iirc anyway).

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
It's mostly because it's almost impossible to tell animals apart from normal pedestrians at the script level in GTAV. The only way to reliably detect them is to check what weapon they're holding. Animals will be holding "the bird weapon" or "the dog weapon", whereas normal pedestrians will be unarmed or have guns.

I had to spend like 4 hours figuring out a way to exclude them so my mod would stop shooting birds out of the sky, which actually wasn't really much of a bug.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

It's mostly because it's almost impossible to tell animals apart from normal pedestrians at the script level in GTAV. The only way to reliably detect them is to check what weapon they're holding. Animals will be holding "the bird weapon" or "the dog weapon", whereas normal pedestrians will be unarmed or have guns.

I had to spend like 4 hours figuring out a way to exclude them so my mod would stop shooting birds out of the sky, which actually wasn't really much of a bug.

Do they need 'the bird weapon' to look/act like birds? Because a mod to give birds guns would be cool.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is that also why sometimes human models will be performing animal animations? Because they've been assigned that animal's weapon?

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
I don't think it's specifically the weapon causing it, but apart from storing a list of all the animal model filenames it's the only way to tell humans apart from animals in the scripts.

All the humans and animals are represented by a single `Pedestrian` class, so I think the only difference is what skeleton system they use. Both animals and humans use animations generated by a solver, so animals have (glitchy) animations for most situations like climbing, driving cars, etc. I'm pretty sure they can use weapons, but I haven't tried it myself.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

CJacobs posted:

That's very true! Here is an actual glitch that happened a minute or so later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctKagXEkK0M

AKA In Which Max Payne Blows Up For No Reason

gently caress I wish I had time to play through that again. So good.

My favorite glitch are the timing glitches with fatalities in MK2. There are a variety of things you can do if you time it right. Press the last button at the very last moment so "whoever wins" begins to play as the fatality takes place. Input the fatality/babality/friendship as you deliver the final blow so they basically happen at once. If you do a ceiling spikes stage fatality and input the friendship/babality correctly you can do the friendship after they have gone up into the spikes. I used to burn so much time at that on PS3. Wish there was a PC playerbase.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

codo27 posted:

gently caress I wish I had time to play through that again. So good.

My favorite glitch are the timing glitches with fatalities in MK2. There are a variety of things you can do if you time it right. Press the last button at the very last moment so "whoever wins" begins to play as the fatality takes place. Input the fatality/babality/friendship as you deliver the final blow so they basically happen at once. If you do a ceiling spikes stage fatality and input the friendship/babality correctly you can do the friendship after they have gone up into the spikes. I used to burn so much time at that on PS3. Wish there was a PC playerbase.

I forget how, saw it during a YouTube binge, but wasn't there a bug/glitch/exploit where you'd do the fatality action, but the deformations would be represented on the PERFORMER'S character model?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I remember waaaaay back when the editor for Deus Ex came out and I made all the birds explode like mini nukes if you shot them.

I also made civilians insanely heavily armed and violent.

Made some of the city sections hilarious.

I made drat near everything explode when destroyed. Some of the busier sections just got insane chain reactions whenever you blew something up :allears:

I'm pretty sure it's about $2 on Steam now, I wonder if the editor works for that version.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Neito posted:

I forget how, saw it during a YouTube binge, but wasn't there a bug/glitch/exploit where you'd do the fatality action, but the deformations would be represented on the PERFORMER'S character model?

I'm not sure if your specific example is in this but it reminded me of these compilation videos. Funny poo poo.

https://youtu.be/De4khOlHby4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm pretty sure [animals] can use weapons, but I haven't tried it myself.

Probably for the best.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I don't think it's specifically the weapon causing it, but apart from storing a list of all the animal model filenames it's the only way to tell humans apart from animals in the scripts.

All the humans and animals are represented by a single `Pedestrian` class, so I think the only difference is what skeleton system they use. Both animals and humans use animations generated by a solver, so animals have (glitchy) animations for most situations like climbing, driving cars, etc. I'm pretty sure they can use weapons, but I haven't tried it myself.

This, BTW, is also the reason why there are in-game videos from RDR where people take off into the sky and at least one horse tries out the paragliding. The solver does not give a gently caress, as long as the model has an animator skeleton and a loadable model.

The model loader glitches out (or is hacked) and stuff happens.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-egksufiao

This is the video they are thinking of I believe. It's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-egksufiao

This is the video they are thinking of I believe. It's hilarious.