Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
2/4 on Dynamis D clears, and boy oh boy it's certainly a game mode.

Music is nice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Off hand, is there anyone on LS who might be able to help/point me in the direction of peeps who could tackle tier 4s/HELMs for Reisenjima? My two friends and I only have so much more to go for aeonic clears.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I bet that Ancientdragon dude could help

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll send him a tell. If he doesn't respond, maybe that astraldragon will lend a hand.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

WarMECH posted:

Oh, wow, I remember you. I was on Diabolos with my buddy back at NA PS2 launch and played for about 2 years before quitting and deleted that character. Resubbed a couple of years later with a new character.

There was this dude, "Megatron", that played a galka DRG and later SMN and he was the goofiest guy we would randomly party with.

Man, Diabolos server.

wonder what sagaxxxx is doing these days with his ill-gotten gains.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

ugh i'm back

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Hello,

Does this game capture the magic of the older FF games, or is it a lifeless husk like most MMOs?

Thanks,

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Over There posted:

Hello,

Does this game capture the magic of the older FF games, or is it a lifeless husk like most MMOs?

Thanks,

its a husk

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Over There posted:

Hello,

Thanks,

If you were in on the ground floor it definitely captured a sorta FF1 vibe for a while, nowadays it doesn't really scratch the itch

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Over There posted:

Hello,

Thanks,
The story is great vs other mmo's but don't come in feeling you're going to get a timeless Final Fantasy experience.

The real magic of FFXI is long gone and we're just not smart enough to move on.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Now this game can finally die. drat weapon was 10 years in the making.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kazy posted:

Now this game can finally die. drat weapon was 10 years in the making.

Now 119(III) it. and in September Augment it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm about a week from finishing a Twashtar. Might get the aeonic dagger later after finishing Lionheart. Just gotta clear reisenjima.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Congrats Suteru.
I know the feeling, my Burtgang was a long project as well.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
My alamce took 2 weeks from start to 119. Botting and poop socking is great.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Never dont bot weaponskill trials

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Burtgang trials were my entry to point to total automation

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Lol if you think I'm not above spending 8 hours in Abyssea without botting. Poopsock for life.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
last leg of almace was a glorious poop sock for 11 hours straight farming the 75 horns with two friends while only listening to PDA by interpol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How the hell do you even automate this game? I wouldn't even know where to start

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
easy farm, curepls are good starters

just google easy farm ffxi. it’s a little, uh, unintuitive in some weird ways but i’m sure a lot of ppl here could explain things if you run into issues.

it’s great for weapon skill trials, but it can do some more advanced stuff too.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The best part of FFXI is actually not playing it. Botting is the best.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
The MMO HMO > Final Fantasy XI: The best part of FFXI is actually not playing it.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

LiquidFriend posted:

The best part of FFXI is actually not playing it.

I am about to hit level 75 in this myself.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

star eater posted:

the dream of ffxi is to not play it so who can blame them

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Its low key how you actually beat the game. Progressing while getting your life back

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Botting is the nicotine patch of FFXI

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Excuse me but

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah well, I've earned most of this goddamned Twashtar. "Earning" a Mythic means gently caress all to me after this experience.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Excuse me but

You know what is better than earning your weapon? Earning the tears of hundreds of vocal sperglords as you make it incredibly easy for anyone else to 'earn their weapon'.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

He'll never know the joy of leaving his mom's basement and getting a paycheck with which he could buy gil like a real person

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
I'm a moron when it comes to FFXI add-ons is Cure Please hard to set up? Sick of loving up on WHM.

Also working on Glavoid shells for Twashtar and I wanna loving die, pls help.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

They are pretty straight forward. You shouldn't have a problem.

Cure please is especially easy.
Easy Farm has a super weird UI. Takes some getting used to and does things in an odd way. But once you figure out the devs mindset its also easy.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

new weekly roe's for vagary mats.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EllEssDee posted:

I MISS MY BIG WORM FRIEND. WE PLAYED SO MANY GAMES.:shepface:

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Cureplease looks easy enough but when I try to actually run it and select a person to, I guess target, I get this poo poo

************** Exception Text **************
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'EliteAPI.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A)
at EliteMMO.API.EliteAPI.CreateInstance(Int32 processId)
at EliteMMO.API.EliteAPI..ctor(Int32 processId)
at CurePlease.Form1.setinstance_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Saying its unable to load DLL 'EliteAPI.dll' and yadda yadda yadda. Addon's in FFXI are so loving weird, I dont understand my GS at all minus put this poo poo in it and itll work

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

EllEssDee posted:

I'm a moron when it comes to FFXI add-ons is Cure Please hard to set up? Sick of loving up on WHM.

Cure please will not help you be a better Whm. It's used by peple who have bards/sch/Whm/geos as mules and don't want to manage them. It's better then a trust but still not as good as a real player.

It might need the elite api not sure. Check http://www.elitemmonetwork.com/ it's in the forums. You don't have to donate. That's only if you want to use warp and clipper.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
So hypothetically speaking are there any programs that are efficient at leveling with trusts or are they not as advanced. Asking for a friend.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

You can level very easily with Easy Farm. I earned a lot of JP that way.

The trick is to find a semi secluded space with not much terrain you can get stuck on. Record a route with the app, setup your skills, and go.
The odd time Id come back and be dead, but more often than not it would run all night without issue.

Since you can save your routes as well, once you have some good ones setup you can just run there, load your settings and hit go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Frod which summoner guide on bg wiki is good? Does that first one work because it's concise and short and doesn't only list best in slot.