Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Yeah exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm not accusing anyone itt of racism or anything but I hope anybody who complains about the downsides of legal weed understands what an insanely privileged viewpoint that is

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm not accusing anyone itt of racism or anything but I hope anybody who complains about the downsides of legal weed understands what an insanely privileged viewpoint that is

lol @ checking your weed privilege

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

poverty goat posted:

lol @ checking your weed privilege

It sounds easy to laugh at but it's definitely a real thing

It's basically the main reason I'm not more annoyed that legal weed in NJ isn't a thing yet is that one of the bigger pushbacks is from POC politicians who are pushing for overturning prior convictions and expunging records of previously-convicted people before clearing the way for everyone else to buy it. (Even though a lot of the POC politicians are also falling for the NIMBY "but how will my kids walk to school if people are smoking weed on the streets???" arguments).

It's easy to complain about the service at a weed shop while walking home with an ounce you bought from there, while forgetting the thousands of wrongly-incarcerated, mostly-minority people rotting in jail for also walking home with an ounce.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BigFactory posted:

Truth. Weed nerds were annoying enough but weed nerds who don’t even need to be socially savvy enough to find a dealer is next level trash.

this is a pretty stupid take even for you

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Earwicker posted:

this is a pretty stupid take even for you

Weed was just better when it was big dry bricks of crap with mystery things in the middle. Sorry.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Volumetric Vapist posted:

I guess my issue is more with the amount of waste it’s producing, and not the end location of that waste.
Even the weird ziplocs aren’t as bad as the pill bottles imo, though we only see them for half oz and up. And some growers use these massive pill bottles for halfs, those are the worst. Like a foot tall and 8” around, and only 1/3 filled with weed.

yeah the packaging is definitely super wasteful, no argument there, several times i've seen the whole ziplock inside a ziplock inside another ziplock nonsense for no reason at all. and of course the actual branded packaging that all the oil cartridges etc. are super wasteful as well

still it seems weird to position that as an issue for legalization when exactly the same issue exists for like a thousand different packaged food products

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I am in an illegal state and do have a dealer but seriously gently caress off with that attitude. You're calling people trash for having one of the problems that weed helps with.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

purple death ray posted:

I am in an illegal state and do have a dealer but seriously gently caress off with that attitude. You're calling people trash for having one of the problems that weed helps with.

9 our of 10 medical doctors agree that cannabis use is not a healthy long term solution to treat anxiety, and may make symptoms worse. Benzos and tranquilizers have a proven track record of efficacy.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BigFactory posted:

9 our of 10 medical doctors agree that cannabis use is not a healthy long term solution to treat anxiety, and may make symptoms worse. Benzos and tranquilizers have a proven track record of efficacy.

That's cool, totally irrelevant to what people are calling you out on though

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive long had a theory that bigfactory is literally don fagan irl and he's especially cranky now that walter's dead

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

BigFactory posted:

9 out of ten gently caress u's a gree that gently caress u

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Earwicker posted:

ive long had a theory that bigfactory is literally don fagan irl and he's especially cranky now that walter's dead

Miss him man.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BigFactory posted:

So when you call people trash it's out of concern for their well being. You're a fricken humanitarian.
gently caress off

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

BigFactory posted:

There's a kernel of truth in this pile of poo poo but I'll stick to asking you not to leave poo poo all over, please.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
Haha, and benzodiazepines are good for long term? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Haha, and benzodiazepines are good for long term? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
2 out of 10 doctors recommend overeating to treat anxiety if that works better for you.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BigFactory posted:

2 out of 10 doctors recommend overeating to treat anxiety if that works better for you.

this gimmick sucks

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone ever smoke that "Cherry Pie" strain? I'm assuming they named it that because after I smoke it, I can't stop thinking about pussy.

I think the last time I smoked it was like a week or so ago, and I had a day to myself, waked and baked, and then proceeded to get so horny that I spent most of the day in bed/on the couch/in the shower/in a dumpster, etc. jerking off my cock.

There was cum EVERYWHERE.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BigFactory posted:

Somehow missed this argument going on, I suppose I'll hop in:

I took benzos for 10+ years for bad anxiety problems (stupid and dangerous) and was finally able to slowly go off them completely thanks to weed. Weed cures all my anxiety, and depression, and all sorts of other poo poo that I probably am not even aware of.

Now go smoke a shitload of a good Sativa you miserable fucker, you need to gain some insight into yourself.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Snow Cone Capone posted:

While yeah obviously I agree it is good that people imprisoned for possession and crap like that are getting potentially released, I'm complaining about the way it is being rolled out - which is negatively impacting POC too. Weed arrests are UP nationwide, even in many legal areas because lol now the cops just hassle non-white kids/teens more. The restriction of licensing I mentioned is WORSE for POC who can't get a loving license to begin with. The first black person in CO that was able to actually get a license had to go through their white friend to do it.

Basically what you're seeing is white yuppies coming in and monetizing the poo poo out of the industry while keeping everyone else out in the cold and getting cops to double down on enforcement of illegal marijuana and unlicensed shops.

Don't worry though now that white business people have come in and take over, the licensing is becoming easier to get!!! Of course at this point now this mostly just means the big players (white people) entrench their monopoly but hey.

That's some poo poo that should enrage you imo. This could have been an industry that lifted tons of people out of poverty but instead... well it's not. We'll see what happens, of course.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 1, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Honestly this was the kind of poo poo we used to talk about how legality would only be for white kids. good to see we weren't wrong. bad to see this country is a loving shithole that thrives on racism and is astoundingly deserving of several nukes...but I'll settle for the people in power being mass executed in a uprising of the populace.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Even the weed thread is making me wish I was dead today jeez

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Ask Canada about buying pot on a Native Reserve. G'head....ask

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Just buy your weed online

It's illegal to go through your mail and most MOMs worth their salt will vacuum seal your order so there is no smell

You etransfer the money and don't even need to use a VPN or TOR

It's incredibly easy to get in Canada

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's illegal to go through your mail and most MOMs worth their salt will vacuum seal your order so there is no smell

Mine comes in tuna cans

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity

Swartz posted:

Somehow missed this argument going on, I suppose I'll hop in:

I took benzos for 10+ years for bad anxiety problems (stupid and dangerous) and was finally able to slowly go off them completely thanks to weed. Weed cures all my anxiety, and depression, and all sorts of other poo poo that I probably am not even aware of.

Now go smoke a shitload of a good Sativa you miserable fucker, you need to gain some insight into yourself.

Congrats for gettin off them! I got prescribed clonazepam and then Xanax for ptsd, and my doctors had me heavily dosed (up to 8mg kpin/12mg Xanax a day) for around 2 years.
Ended up having a new doctor say “what the gently caress you shouldn’t be on that” and recommended pot.
It helped get me off the benzos, and I stopped smoking when I was able to stabilize. Btw, that was worse than heroin withdrawal, and entirely legally (over)prescribed.

Currently back on pot for my broke brain, and as much as I find weed to be satisfying and helpful, I also hate that I need some sort of chemical alteration or I ruin my life. Would much rather just be able to use it for fun once in a while, but it’s this or a bevy of psych meds, and this has me managing better.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

While yeah obviously I agree it is good that people imprisoned for possession and crap like that are getting potentially released, I'm complaining about the way it is being rolled out - which is negatively impacting POC too. Weed arrests are UP nationwide, even in many legal areas because lol now the cops just hassle non-white kids/teens more. The restriction of licensing I mentioned is WORSE for POC who can't get a loving license to begin with. The first black person in CO that was able to actually get a license had to go through their white friend to do it.

Basically what you're seeing is white yuppies coming in and monetizing the poo poo out of the industry while keeping everyone else out in the cold and getting cops to double down on enforcement of illegal marijuana and unlicensed shops.

Don't worry though now that white business people have come in and take over, the licensing is becoming easier to get!!! Of course at this point now this mostly just means the big players (white people) entrench their monopoly but hey.

That's some poo poo that should enrage you imo. This could have been an industry that lifted tons of people out of poverty but instead... well it's not. We'll see what happens, of course.

Yeah, a big part of the aforementioned POC politicians being hesitant to endorse legality is they want to make sure minority business owners don't get bumped out of the industry, especially in the (significant amounts of) extremely diverse and middle/lower class towns. I'm all for it. Paterson is on track for another record year for shootings and murders, yet the cops their are drug-bust-crazy. Maybe taking weed entirely off the table as far as "bullshit to waste resources on" will improve that, and considering how many white yuppies drive into there for their drugs, I can only see "a shitload of POC-owned dispensaries opened in Paterson" as being a good thing overall for the community there.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Swartz posted:

Anyone ever smoke that "Cherry Pie" strain? I'm assuming they named it that because after I smoke it, I can't stop thinking about pussy.

I think the last time I smoked it was like a week or so ago, and I had a day to myself, waked and baked, and then proceeded to get so horny that I spent most of the day in bed/on the couch/in the shower/in a dumpster, etc. jerking off my cock.

There was cum EVERYWHERE.

The weed jack is the absolute best thing ever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's so loving easy that I feel bad about it sometimes

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's almost laughably easy to find illegally as a tourist up there too.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I'd do it if I could but it's illegal here so jokes on you guys

Edit:

I just ate this

I scooped some watermelon out of the center then filled that sucker up with ice cream. It was amazing

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 2, 2018

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
holy poo poo

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

nickhimself posted:

I'd do it if I could but it's illegal here so jokes on you guys

Edit:

I just ate this

I scooped some watermelon out of the center then filled that sucker up with ice cream. It was amazing

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Strains aren't real.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

holy poo poo

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

ferroque posted:

Strains aren't real.

This is low effort.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Congrats for gettin off them! I got prescribed clonazepam and then Xanax for ptsd, and my doctors had me heavily dosed (up to 8mg kpin/12mg Xanax a day) for around 2 years.
Ended up having a new doctor say “what the gently caress you shouldn’t be on that” and recommended pot.
It helped get me off the benzos, and I stopped smoking when I was able to stabilize. Btw, that was worse than heroin withdrawal, and entirely legally (over)prescribed.

Currently back on pot for my broke brain, and as much as I find weed to be satisfying and helpful, I also hate that I need some sort of chemical alteration or I ruin my life. Would much rather just be able to use it for fun once in a while, but it’s this or a bevy of psych meds, and this has me managing better.

8mb of clonazepam? Wow, and here I thought my prescriber had been reckless putting me on 5mg for all those years.
I've struggled through a variety of addictions in my life due having used a wide variety of substances of my life, but out of all of them, benzos are the most horrifically addictive things with potentially deadly withdrawals...so yes, congratulations to you as well.

I can also identify a lot with that last sentence. I'm simply way too nuts at this point to deal with life sober, there's simply too many stressors.

Having to have weed everyday isn't exactly a curse though, it's a pretty luxurious way to live life if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Planning to order some swazi gold. Never really had a sativa dominant strain before so I'm excited. Anyone else tried it?

I was also looking at Green Crack. I can only afford one, though.

Testicle Masochist fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 3, 2018