Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Also, since Fatty Gonz is moving to Milan, Juventus has already replaced him.

Behold: fatty Dyb!

https://twitter.com/PinoMeazza/status/1023611479168352257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
https://twitter.com/Pure_Milanista/status/1024282808121024514

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
:yeshaha:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I hope Milan continue their streak of taking good strikers in the league and just absolutely taking all ability & motivation out of them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Along with Bari and Cesena, Avellino have been relegated from Serie B. In Avellino's case, they will only go down to Serie C as opposed to D, since they aren't actually bankrupt (yet).

The case is kinda wild, they didn't have the money to register in Serie B, but managed to get some investors in. One of these investors, Finworld, a financial services company, was denied a regulatory registration by the bank of Italy, which is really something considering the state of the Italian economy. The league rightly decided that they couldn't use this company as an investor so here we are.

If I'm getting it right, that means that all but one team that was relegated on the pitch in Serie B will have no consequences. Ternana, who were dead last, are out of luck, but Virtus Entella, Novara and Pro Vercelli should all be ripescati

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Bari has been acquired by

Aurelio

De

Laurentiis

:stare:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Gonz :(

I really really hope the Caldara - Bonucci swap doesnt happen, give them Benatia instead imo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

Bari has been acquired by

Aurelio

De

Laurentiis

:stare:

https://twitter.com/pepromano/status/1024377933761339392

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

So that’s what these dudes were chatting about in front of the Bari duomo just now... I could only make out “De Laurentiis” in their insane Barese ramblings. Interesting. Tempted to get one of those cock kits while I’m here

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:newlol:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

According to Sky, Inter is in talks for Modric :stare:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

According to Sky, Inter is in talks for Modric :stare:

Has RM even signed anyone this window? WTF is going on over there?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Vinicius Junior joins this summer and they signed Odriozola so not really.

The "only" player of note they've sold is Ronaldo. Apparently Mbappe, Kane, and Salah all told Madrid to do one.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Vinicius Junior joins this summer and they signed Odriozola so not really.

The "only" player of note they've sold is Ronaldo. Apparently Mbappe, Kane, and Salah all told Madrid to do one.

I sincerely doubt Madrid was ever interested in Kane.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

I sincerely doubt Madrid was ever interested in Kane.

I don't know why they wouldn't be. The last two players they signed from Spurs have turned out pretty well for them and he's scoring 30 a season in a league that is much better defensively than La Liga and would have better players around him.

I'm stopping this derail now since we're in the Serie A thread.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

Are Inter Milan that rich now or do they not care about digging themselves into another financial hole?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Are Inter Milan that rich now or do they not care about digging themselves into another financial hole?

Probably a bit of both, they're done with FFP sanctions and signed a bunch of official southern Molise tractor lubricant style sponsors so I'm sure they have some money.

They also did a lot of plusvalenze with their youth players, so they have some liquid cash too.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Inter have also done extremely well this summer getting good players on loans and free transfers. Kondogbia and Santon basically covered the fee for Nainggolan, add they'll probably get some money for Joao Mario. Their ~net spend~ really doesn't amount to much so far.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Inter have also done extremely well this summer getting good players on loans and free transfers. Kondogbia and Santon basically covered the fee for Nainggolan, add they'll probably get some money for Joao Mario. Their ~net spend~ really doesn't amount to much so far.

And with that, they also got rid of some turds in the squad, I had forgotten about that. Overall they've probably had the best market in Italy.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm amazed they managed to get rid of Kondogbia. People should really think twice about getting midfielders from Monaco.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/1024462554494652418

they erased malcom from the lineup

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

I'm amazed they managed to get rid of Kondogbia. People should really think twice about getting midfielders from Monaco.

I saw a rumor today that there are clubs considering paying his €80m release clause right now. Inter will get a good chunk of whatever Valencia sell him for, too.

Ah yeah, here it was

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/1023917649363906561

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Former fatty Gonz -> Milan: done deal, 18 millions now and another 18 next year.

Bonucci -> Juventus and straight swap Caldara -> Milan, also done deal.

Not sure what Juventus is doing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Former fatty Gonz -> Milan: done deal, 18 millions now and another 18 next year.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

canepazzo posted:

I've read like 5 different figures for the gonz transfer and I also read that it's not done because he doesn't want to go to Milan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

I've read like 5 different figures for the gonz transfer and I also read that it's not done because he doesn't want to go to Milan.

yeah I was reading 18 now and 36 later, not 36 total. Di Marzio was saying that it's all set though, and he's usually right on in Italy anyway. I'll wait til I see the two of Higuain and Caldara in Milan shirts but I'm optimistic that it's done.

Kalinic and Bacca were both out the door anyway, but I'm wondering what will happen to Andre Silva at this point. He and Cutrone fighting for the second string spot seems like a bad situation, though all it takes is one injury. Ideally I'd like to have them both stay but I have a feeling Cutrone will go out on loan. Bacca I'm not worried about leaving because he wants to, but Kalinic seems like the kind of oval office who will fight any move so hopefully we can ship him out quick to some idiots.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I hope everything falls through and Gonz goes to Chelsea instead

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
All the Juve itk journalists just reported that it's done too, medicals to happen over the next 2 days for Higuain and Caldara. The last sticking point was apparently Higuain's salary, plus he wanted severance pay from Juve.

Not happy about this tbh, but I read an article that explains how it apparently balances Juve's books in response to the Ronaldo transfer. Plus Bonucci is probably better to have than Caldara right now, in terms of trying to win the CL iIn the next year or 2.

Godspeed, fatty :burger:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bonucci will be fine back at Juve, he was better there than anywhere else and he knows exactly what to do. Even in Milan's shithouse side he wasn't bad at all, he just looked lost in the beginning because the system was new. If he didn't want to stay and suffer another year of EL football and an uncertain club future, then that's totally understandable. He'll have to fight for his place in the Italy squad if Mancini has any sense rather than it being given to him and he'll look much better at Juve. Getting Caldara is a huge benefit for us obviously because he's an obvious direct replacement, but even if Milan just got cash it would've been fine, I think.

Higuain leaving was bound to happen. Somebody is going out of the starting lineup for Ronald and I think he was the easiest and smartest one to get rid of. That's not a bad price either if it is really the 18+36 and not just the straight 36 mil.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Higuain leaving was bound to happen. Somebody is going out of the starting lineup for Ronald and I think he was the easiest and smartest one to get rid of. That's not a bad price either if it is really the 18+36 and not just the straight 36 mil.

Yep, agreed on all accounts. I just like Gonz and am sad to see him go. And I'm quite sure it'll be the 18+36 value, because that will cover the remaining amortized value of his transfer fee paid to Napoli, which is what Juve had been aiming for.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

trem_two posted:

Yep, agreed on all accounts. I just like Gonz and am sad to see him go. And I'm quite sure it'll be the 18+36 value, because that will cover the remaining amortized value of his transfer fee paid to Napoli, which is what Juve had been aiming for.

Same. I'm mad as hell about the Caldara thing though, Bonucci made his bed and now his refusing to lie on it while damaging the future of the club, gently caress him.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Letting fatty go seems like a mistake to me, especially to a domestic competitor. Laugh all you want at Milan, but they will rule again. Bringing Bonucci back is rather baffling too, isn't Juve's back line ancient enough as it is?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mackintosh posted:

Letting fatty go seems like a mistake to me, especially to a domestic competitor. Laugh all you want at Milan, but they will rule again. Bringing Bonucci back is rather baffling too, isn't Juve's back line ancient enough as it is?

They're not goin to get too many years out of Ronald, I think, and they'll want the best defense they can get since they'll have a new keeper as well. While getting rid of Caldara was bad for them in the future, making sure that the defense doesn't get any worse while the offense improves seems like decent business for the short term, where the goal is to win the Champions League, since everything else is almost a given. If Juve win the CL I don't think anyone would give a poo poo about the league or Coppa Italia.

I don't think anyone else would've been in for Higuain and been able to afford him and he had to go. Roma have Dzeko, Inter have Icardi, Lazio have Immobile. That really only leaves Napoli and their markets are always bizarre, and they don't operate with an obvious target striker anyway. Milan demanded that Caldara be included, which was brilliant business by Leonardo, and forced Juve's hand.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Imagine being so Italian that you wrestle in a full Juventus kit.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Got that awesome Bari cock polo shirt. It’s an act of solidarity with a stricken club, so I don’t feel bad about plasticking for them :)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wengy posted:

Got that awesome Bari cock polo shirt. It’s an act of solidarity with a stricken club, so I don’t feel bad about plasticking for them :)

Plus you've indirectly helped fund one of ADL's next big cinema hits such as uhhhh....natale in culo or whatever the new one will be called.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Plus you've indirectly helped fund one of ADL's next big cinema hits such as uhhhh....natale in culo or whatever the new one will be called.

Lmao

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol

It’s all for a good cause

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I know it's against MLS garbagemen but Favilli owns

• Locked thread