Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

PureRok posted:

All the durability system makes me do use beeline the Hylian Shield and Master Sword.

The Hylian Shield is insane. I've taken like a dozen or more guardian blasts practicing parries, plus fought Ganon, plus just general fights, and its still going strong after 5-6 hours. The Master Sword should have durability like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It does after you complete the Trials of the Sword.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i only use the hylian shield to surf rough terrain (dont have my bike yet)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

i only use the hylian shield to surf rough terrain (dont have my bike yet)

Ancient shields are like bitchin' hoverboards

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Ancient shields are like bitchin' hoverboards

lol ya....but every shield breaks really fast if u surf on grass or dirt. only the hylian shield can really take it

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

scary ghost dog posted:

lol ya....but every shield breaks really fast if u surf on grass or dirt. only the hylian shield can really take it

The ancient shield does not.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I looked it up and the hylian shield has 800 durability, with the next few down (amiibo-exclusive, champion equipment, and ancient shield) having 90, 60, and 32
0_0

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

b_d posted:

I looked it up and the hylian shield has 800 durability, with the next few down (amiibo-exclusive, champion equipment, and ancient shield) having 90, 60, and 32
0_0

surfs up

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

sirbeefalot posted:

The Hylian Shield is insane. I've taken like a dozen or more guardian blasts practicing parries, plus fought Ganon, plus just general fights, and its still going strong after 5-6 hours. The Master Sword should have durability like this.

i've had it for close to 100 hours without breaking. ganon, all DLC, smaller sidequests and general fighting and messing around. no problemo.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Wow, I think I’m on my third Hylian Shield as I am particularly poo poo at parrying Guardian eye lasers.

Totally agree on the champion weapons being more durable. While diamonds aren’t terribly hard to acquire, some of the base weapons can be a pain to find.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

yeah. and the champion weapons aren't particularly strong. i like having the goron one on hand for the occasional talus though

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Amppelix posted:

The great eagle bow is one of the best bows in the game and totally worth remaking every time.

(other best bows include the ancient bow, and lynel bows with good bonuses like 5x or big attack up)

It shoots the farthest out of any shotgun bow, in fact it shoots father than most other bows. And the attack is no slouch.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jet Jaguar posted:

Wow, I think I’m on my third Hylian Shield as I am particularly poo poo at parrying Guardian eye lasers.

Totally agree on the champion weapons being more durable. While diamonds aren’t terribly hard to acquire, some of the base weapons can be a pain to find.

The only ones I bother with are Revali’s and Daruk’s, and they both have base weapons really close by. Isn’t that true of Urbosa and Mipha’s?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Runcible Cat posted:

The only ones I bother with are Revali’s and Daruk’s, and they both have base weapons really close by. Isn’t that true of Urbosa and Mipha’s?

It is. The components for the other two can be found in their respective towns.

Edit: I stand corrected on the Gerudo Shield. Can't seem to find one of those inside the town that isn't currently being carried by an NPC.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 26, 2018

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So there are three big Zelda books, an Encyclopedia, the Historia, and an arts one. What’s the difference between the three?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ManSedan posted:

So there are three big Zelda books, an Encyclopedia, the Historia, and an arts one. What’s the difference between the three?

The Encyclopedia (blue one, also has a gold cartridge special edition) is the best one because it easily has the most content. Super in depth book with encyclopedia entries for just about every character/location/item/enemy etc. in the series, as well as covering the overall lore. The art one (red book) is nice because...well, art. Good, high-res images from throughout the series history. The first book, Historia, (green book) focuses mostly on the overall history of the franchise both story-wise and in-real-life. It was the first to feature the official timeline and focuses on that. It is the shortest book and the easiest to skip unless you just want to have all three for the sake of posterity.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
And the Encyclopedia has an updated timeline in it, so if that's what you were interested in then Historia is even less useful. Although, I like the presentation of the timeline better in Historia. Most games got nice little pictures, whereas in the Encyclopedia it's mostly just text (in this specific instance).

PureRok posted:

Looks like it's exactly the same (Hyrule Historia left, Zelda Encyclopedia right):

E: Not entirely the same. There's a few additions (A Link Between Worlds was added). No BotW, though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The titles should make it pretty clear.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I feel like this game is missing some nice rear end dungeons

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The game has two of those three words.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
eat the goddamn frog link

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Huh, the Encyclopedia puts the Oracle games after Awakening rather than before. This conflicts with the ending of a Linked Oracle playthrough, where Link boards a raft, but aligns better with Link and Zelda not knowing each other in the Oracle games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DoctorWhat posted:

Huh, the Encyclopedia puts the Oracle games after Awakening rather than before. This conflicts with the ending of a Linked Oracle playthrough, where Link boards a raft, but aligns better with Link and Zelda not knowing each other in the Oracle games.

Is Oracle Zelda supposed to be different from LTTP Zelda? I know it’s supposed to be the same Link in LTTP, LA and the Oracle games.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is Oracle Zelda supposed to be different from LTTP Zelda? I know it’s supposed to be the same Link in LTTP, LA and the Oracle games.

That's the only thing that makes sense. No idea how, but that's like the only way it makes sense.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

In the early days of these threads, any timeline discussion would be met with a barrage of bad Zelda fan art/cosplay, posted by me to discourage pointless debate. Then Nintendo had to go and publish an official timeline. Still not convinced that wasn't just a huge troll on their part.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Great, now I have to get my Zelda timeline tattoo changed. AGAIN

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

MokBa posted:

In the early days of these threads, any timeline discussion would be met with a barrage of bad Zelda fan art/cosplay, posted by me to discourage pointless debate. Then Nintendo had to go and publish an official timeline. Still not convinced that wasn't just a huge troll on their part.

Every time the timeline comes up post a 'who the gently caress cares' image, but twice as big as the last time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

*Blazing ball of force surrounds me to protect from Zelda Timelines*

Thanks, Daruk.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What happens to link after he wakes up at the end of Links Awakening?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

What happens to link after he wakes up at the end of Links Awakening?

The "awakening" refers to Link realizing he's gay.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I mean dude didn't even make a move on Marin who was essentially throwing herself at him.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Link spent more time with the rooster than marin

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Bullshit, Link / Epona is the one true pairing.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Psh.....Link/Paya.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Link's gonna see that birthmark.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

BotW Link is a nonbinary bisexual knight who keeps their eyes on the prize.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MokBa posted:

BotW Link is a nonbinary bisexual knight who keeps their eyes on the prize.

:c00l:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Link stays in Termina after MM and lives on the ranch with Romani

Alternative Theory: Zora Link/Lulu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

"Hey baby, put on that thing I like." "The physical embodiment of the soul of your ex?" "That's the one!"