Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

I guess the joke is that his wife was Native American?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

This is the running-gag in Arrested Development where the Bluth family doesn't know what a chicken looks like or how it behaves, except instead of ignorance of barnyard animals it is ignorance of how to loving stand like a normal person.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Huh I actually meant to post that in the other (or other other) trump thread.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

they've all poo poo their pants in various types of the Bristol scale

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/HelloooSusan/status/1021417393900474369

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

nah i doubt hes going to lose the complete and utter moron vote

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Plenty of space against the wall. cigarette?

quote:

How long can the farmers endure these tariffs?

“To the death,” one said.

:choco:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I voted for you! Doesn't that mean anything to you?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why would trump give a poo poo about a new york vote lmao

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

"You are starting to embarrass me" - July 23rd, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

old.flv posted:

"You are starting to embarrass me" - July 23rd, 2018

meanwhile, 2 days prior:
https://twitter.com/HelloooSusan/status/1020696787630415873

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
"Save America from 'anything goes'" - a free market supporter

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ha, the Americans who to a man and woman feel compelled to dump the myriad reasons why they were forced to vote Trump are only just starting to feel embarrassed?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
let them die

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Love to bankrupt my small town for no reason based on the promises of a racist grifter con-man:

https://www.propublica.org/article/kris-kobachs-lucrative-trail-of-courtroom-defeats

quote:

Kris Kobach likes to tout his work for Valley Park, Missouri. He has boasted on cable TV about crafting and defending the town’s hardline anti-immigration ordinance. He discussed his “victory” there at length on his old radio show. He still lists it on his resume.

But “victory” isn’t the word most Valley Park residents would use to describe the results of Kobach’s work. With his help, the town of 7,000 passed an ordinance in 2006 that punished employers for hiring illegal immigrants and landlords for renting to them. But after two years of litigation and nearly $300,000 in expenses, the ordinance was largely gutted. Now, it is illegal only to “knowingly” hire illegal immigrants there — something that was already illegal under federal law. The town’s attorney can’t recall a single case brought under the ordinance.

quote:

Valley Park had hardly any immigrants to speak of at the time Kobach was called in. The town’s Hispanic population had ticked up from 2 percent of the population to around 3 percent in 2006. That amounted to an increase of about 50 people in a town of 7,000.

That was enough for the town’s then mayor, Jeff Whitteaker. He took to local media to fulminate about overcrowding. “You got one guy and his wife that settle down here, have a couple kids, and before long you have Cousin Puerto Rico and Taco Whoever moving in,” Whitteaker told the Riverfront Times.

He championed an immigration ordinance and advocated hiring Kobach. Valley Park and Hazleton both passed ordinances within days of each other in July 2006.

The ACLU had warned both towns that they’d face lawsuits if the ordinances passed, and the organization quickly followed through on the threat.

Hazleton lost decisively. The city of fewer than 30,000 people was defeated both at the trial court level and on appeal. Its ordinance never went into effect.

Even then, Kobach maintained a serene confidence. By 2013, seven years into the litigation, a privately raised legal defense fund that had paid Hazleton’s bills (including $250,000 for Kobach’s fees) had run dry. The U.S. Supreme Court had declined to hear the city’s case. The ACLU had asked an appeals court to order Hazleton to reimburse it for $2.4 million in attorneys fees.

quote:

Hazleton was declared financially distressed in September 2017 by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and entered into a recovery plan with the state.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Stoplights - $400
Dogcatchers - $500
Cousin Puerto Rico Prevention - $2,400,000
Firefighter Helmets - $800

Please help me my small town is dying

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh man i saw Taco Whoever open up for the Aquabats in 99

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
You can never be too secure. Bankruptcy in pursuit of border security is no vice.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Business Gorillas posted:

Stoplights - $400
Dogcatchers - $500

Allow Taco Juan to live in your town

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Stoplights - $400
Dogcatchers - $500

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Heath posted:

Allow Taco Juan to live in your town

Tater tots and tacos go together

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Trumpism can be distilled into some guy violently making GBS threads his pants while demanding to know why he isn't being taken seriously

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Trumpism can be distilled into some guy violently making GBS threads his pants while demanding to know why he isn't being taken seriously

"This is why I poo poo my pants"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Al! posted:

oh man i saw Taco Whoever open up for the Aquabats in 99

I was 11 in 99

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Jose posted:

I was 11 in 99

That was always my favorite song by Chicago and also Jimi Hendrix

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

Love to bankrupt my small town for no reason based on the promises of a racist grifter con-man:

https://www.propublica.org/article/kris-kobachs-lucrative-trail-of-courtroom-defeats

lol, in past epochs these people would be stringing Kobach up after razing his mansion

now their lives are so atomized that their doctrine does not come from their own dying community, but rather from talking heads in the employ of billionaires, so this will all squarely land on the dastardly shoulders of Cousin Puerto Rico, citizen provocateur

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Stoplights - $400
Dogcatchers - $500

@hazelton spend less on racism

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

lol, in past epochs these people would be stringing Kobach up after razing his mansion

now their lives are so atomized that their doctrine does not come from their own dying community, but rather from talking heads in the employ of billionaires, so this will all squarely land on the dastardly shoulders of Cousin Puerto Rico, citizen provocateur

Kansas will have a chance to elect Kobach as their new governor in a week (GOP primary). I think he's two points down in the polls but I believe in the citizens of Kansas.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1024651449417048064

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

that guy definitely does not believe puerto ricans are us citizens

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

AnoHito posted:

@hazelton spend less on racism

no

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/peterswimm/status/1024660347469357057

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

AngryBooch posted:

Counterpoint: This racist asshat will have a very hard time bankrupting us worse than Brownback already did.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stoplights - $400
Dogcatchers - $500

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i guarantee the residents of hazelton blame the globalist lawyers of the ACLU for all their troubles, not kobach

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

"monoculture!" follow up was pretty solid, imo

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

FMguru posted:

Back to Brexit for a moment, I liked this summary of the possible no-deal fallout from Charlie Stross, a sharp and talented (and left-wing) Scottish SF author

gently caress yeah that owns.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I ride bikes all day posted:

Counterpoint: This racist asshat will have a very hard time bankrupting us worse than Brownback already did.

He loves a good challenge.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

Tater tots and tacos go together

anyone who's been to chico's tacos in el paso knows this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Eat This Glob posted: