Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did you re-roll?

On a side note, has the beta Sherman ever been sold or given out again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

Did you re-roll?

On a side note, has the beta Sherman ever been sold or given out again?

Nah this is my og account I created back in 2012. This dude made his in 2015.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Darkrenown posted:

Also, if I was WG I was just revert the change that made 15/15 MM much less common until they can do whatever big fix they want to do, It would improve things so much right away.

How would that improve things at all? And by improve things, I mean make Wargaming more money.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Maybe people would buy and play more T8 prems? I would love to see their data to know if sales have dropped off at all or how many people fXP out of T8. I know I stopped playing/buying because MM is terrible, but am I part of a trend or a lone wolf? For all I know maybe hordes of Russians stopped playing when they couldn't crush T8s in their IS-7s every game :shrug:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Hellsau posted:

? I don't understand, why couldn't you shoot?

Because we had a good game and I didn't want to splash them all for 300 damage.

I only shoot people who are turds.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

gently caress.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

thylacine posted:

Because we had a good game and I didn't want to splash them all for 300 damage.

I only shoot people who are turds.

Everyone who plays this game is a turd buddy

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
does anyone know why i would want to unlock the 24k exp tracks on tier 9 obj 430? gives no turn bonus only weight + and i have it all kitted out already so why would i want that

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Turmoilx posted:

does anyone know why i would want to unlock the 24k exp tracks on tier 9 obj 430? gives no turn bonus only weight + and i have it all kitted out already so why would i want that

The tanks a fair bit underpowered so any weight savings are useful but not super necessary.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Isn't there some guff about gun handling being improved when you upgrade the suspension? I mean on all tanks, not just that one.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Isn't there some guff about gun handling being improved when you upgrade the suspension? I mean on all tanks, not just that one.

I didn't notice anything really, the gun handling is pretty good anyway aside from when you fully aim.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

lol jesus christ the literal only difference is going from 230 to 240 track health, and the extra 1k tonnage.

https://tanks.gg/compare/obj-430?t=obj-430_001010

Impressive showing, Wargaming. I can't tell any difference on the tank model either, though that would be exceptionally weird.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

lol jesus christ the literal only difference is going from 230 to 240 track health, and the extra 1k tonnage.

Impressive showing, Wargaming. I can't tell any difference on the tank model either, though that would be exceptionally weird.

The 430 is really weird given its a tier 10 they downgraded to tier 9. Theres literally nothing to upgrade for the turret or the gun, just the tracks and the engine and you can argue that you dont really need either of those. It's one of the most painless tier 9 grinds i've ever done. Compared to the T-54 that has what 4 guns, a turret, tracks and engine before its even remotely playable.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

serious gaylord posted:

The 430 is really weird given its a tier 10 they downgraded to tier 9. Theres literally nothing to upgrade for the turret or the gun, just the tracks and the engine and you can argue that you dont really need either of those. It's one of the most painless tier 9 grinds i've ever done. Compared to the T-54 that has what 4 guns, a turret, tracks and engine before its even remotely playable.

Guns which are now no longer shared with the other tier 9 mediums. So my plan of letting the T-54 chill until I had the Obj 430 II gun unlocked (a much less painful method) is all for naught.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
what is this i been playing for like 4 days now and it just now gives me a pop up for coming back? i dont know how to make image smaller or i would

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 1, 2018

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

:wtc: The terrain resists don't even change.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

I am dumb how do you link webm files do they not work from gfycat? Also the gifcam person made a webm version called Vclip, haven't tried it out yet.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

thylacine posted:

I was zoning out in arty behind one of the buildings mid-north watching the city flank collapse on Lakeville and this Progetto tells me to move. I said I'm gonna fight here. Then I switch to third person mode and he's ramming into me trying to get me to save myself. And he says not here, fight over there, so I took off. Then I had a standoff with a Lorraine Arty over the hill in the valley. I got spotting damage for that while the other arty killed it. Then everyone swarmed the last T95, including me in the m53/55 but I couldn't shoot 'cause I'd hit three teammates.

So?

serious gaylord posted:

Nah this is my og account I created back in 2012. This dude made his in 2015.

Dude has 40k games? That gently caress wants to be a tryhard so damned bad. I mean this must be it, WoT and sleep

V Hell, I'll even take a shot at the dead hulk of the last enemy tank if I can get it off, team damage or no. gently caress them and gently caress me

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 1, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
smh playing as artillery where you get even more grace for team damage and you didn't take the shot.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

Everyone who plays this game is a turd buddy

A wise man once said, "Some turds float to the top and some turds sink to the bottom, but in the end they all get flushed."

Wisdom.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
I’ve come back to this recently as a result of getting a freebie Churchill III, having not played since way back in Beta times and I’m having a blast so far - seems like it really throws xp boosts and free days of premium at you.

Is this Japanese Tiger clone that’s on sale today worth picking up?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
It's ok, but nothing special. Unless you really want a heavy crew trainer for Japan or really love Tigers it can be safely skipped.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Owlkill posted:

I’ve come back to this recently as a result of getting a freebie Churchill III, having not played since way back in Beta times and I’m having a blast so far - seems like it really throws xp boosts and free days of premium at you.

Is this Japanese Tiger clone that’s on sale today worth picking up?

I recently got it and it's pretty much like Darkrenown said, I use it to train crews back up to 100% after retraining and giving them a healthy accelerated 2x win boost every day, but that's about it. The regular round is trash in tier 6+ games, but you can break even by firing all premium ammo. It's just not a tank I would enjoy driving for any other purpose than training up crew, like the 13 57, WZ-120-FT, SU-122-44, Lorraine 40t, etc.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

smh playing as artillery where you get even more grace for team damage and you didn't take the shot.

I'm sorry! I was feeling the team spirit that game.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thylacine posted:

I'm sorry! I was feeling the team spirit that game.

Thats 800 combined damage there. I am ashamed to post with you right now.

Also

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4472444#overlord-bhyo-object_430

You're welcome to judge for yourself.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 1, 2018

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

MariusLecter posted:

Got Ace Tanker in my SU-122A arty.

Did 1300 dmg and 203 damage done by allies to enemies i stunned/tracked.

Arty mission 15 is the suck.
If you can, just put the mission on the back-burner until you get a higher tier artillery. Then it's a piece of cake. I finished all 15 artillery missions in the S-51 that I had lying around without really trying long before I finished any of the other sets of missions, even though I don't play artillery much. Then I finished them with honors to hoover extra silver. Now I'm just a few thousand XP away from selling the S-51 and using the silver to re-buy the T-44.

To go more big-picture, I would love WG to remove artillery from the game. But that's not going to happen, so instead WG needs to learn some lessons from Frontlines, and do one of the following:

a) Restrict artillery to two per team, but throw in some other kludge to make sure that zero artillery games still happen regularly.
b) Restrict artillery to one per team in normal matches. (Best option.)

I think one thing Frontline mode proved is that artillery players don't mind waiting in line for a match.

Edit: Those "5x XP for first 10 win!" bundle bonuses apply the XP to the crew too, right? So it's designed to let you get new crews up to speed quickly? Do they expire?

Dave47 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 1, 2018

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

what the hell kind of restart time is 1pm

that maus flip is real good

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
WOT easy mode enabled

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't played in forever but has there ever been any plans to fix matchmaking to be +1/-1, or at least prioritize two tier games and only using 3 when nothing else is available? Has the game been improved at all?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Axetrain posted:

I haven't played in forever but has there ever been any plans to fix matchmaking to be +1/-1, or at least prioritize two tier games and only using 3 when nothing else is available? Has the game been improved at all?

It looks nicer.

Oh and they're going to do something about the frequency of +2/-2 MM but we all have to sit around doing nowt for 6 months before we know what that will be.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

It looks nicer.

Oh and they're going to do something about the frequency of +2/-2 MM but we all have to sit around doing nowt for 6 months before we know what that will be.

The frequency isn't changing. The MM primary template is 3/5/7. The change in 6 months time is to add a check so that you are not bottom tier all the time. But that is the only fix. The ideal solution would be to flip the templates so that same tier is priority, 5/10 is second (as it is now), and then 3/5/7 being the catchall until it is fixed. However, wargaming wants you to just wait and give them money/keep playing until they can bothered to get around to it. Even in it's currently broken state (with their own admission mind you).

Edit: I'm logged in and looking at the NA premium shop, but I don't see the polish heavy on there. And yes, I have premium. Like, 250 days worth.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

That sucks. I would otherwise be a paying player again but every time I think about it I remember busted garbage like +2/-2 MM and arty and I just say nah gently caress it I got better games to play. They're turning away customers like me. I can't imagine either of those things are actually popular at all with the player base but what do I know.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 2, 2018

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

JuffoWup posted:

Edit: I'm logged in and looking at the NA premium shop, but I don't see the polish heavy on there. And yes, I have premium. Like, 250 days worth.

skurwysyn

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

JuffoWup posted:

I think its only available on EU. I haven't seen one yet on NA.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

That sucks. I would otherwise be a paying player again but every time I think about it I remember busted garbage like +2/-2 MM and arty and I just say nah gently caress it I got better games to play. Their turning away customers like me. I can't imagine either of those things are actually popular at all with the player base but what do I know.

Fun fact: the only tank type unaffected by +2/-2 mm is.. arty. In fact, with the 3/5/7 template, there is a good change one of the three top tier tanks is arty. Isn't that fun?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Tier9 don't really suffer much from it either, probably the most fun tier to play right now. Sadly there's no Type4 Heavy premium.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'd agree that tier 9 is the best tier to play. At worst you're fighting people you can still hurt and at best you're curb stomping people that cant hurt you while taking a 3rd of their health off in every shot.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just got a 70% off coupon, good for the next 7 days.

Tempted to sit on it and get the 50TP when it comes out, if I can.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

AGGGGH BEES posted:

Just got a 70% off coupon, good for the next 7 days.

Tempted to sit on it and get the 50TP when it comes out, if I can.

There's almost a 100% chance that that coupon is only good on a premium that's "not on special."

Even the bare bones package is demarcated as a "special" because it'll be up ~for a limited time~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BIG HEADLINE posted:

There's almost a 100% chance that that coupon is only good on a premium that's "not on special."

Even the bare bones package is demarcated as a "special" because it'll be up ~for a limited time~.

Exactly. The amount of tanks you can typically use those discounts on are, like, the IS-6 and CDC and other lovely old premiums. Guess you could buy the Strv if arty is a tiny bit too inactive of a playstyle for you.