Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never had it but I'd be down to give it a shot. Do they sell it at specialty stores in the states
They sell that blue tube at Ikea.

e: bad snipe; have a picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When you're in the Russian army, show up with your equipment and don't get caught on your phone or anything

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zzulu posted:

We have some great bread in Sweden. Most of it isn't filled with sugar, like in America either

we do have bad bread. bread in butter is number one thing i hear from travelers that stomps american stuff.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
That stuff is yummy. I buy it at IKEA

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RareAcumen posted:

When you're in the Russian army, show up with your equipment and don't get caught on your phone or anything

You told us it's the army but you haven't said what branch.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Scratch Monkey posted:

That stuff is yummy. I buy it at IKEA

I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to buy that stuff when I go in for meatballs. Their chips are pretty good too.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Bloop posted:

I know you're hiding the secret of Elon's cummies

This series of words disturbs me greatly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Whoever wrote that menu didn't get paid enough. This is perfect.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zipperelli. posted:

Whoever wrote that menu didn't get paid enough. This is perfect.

Owners/Chefs typically write the menus, so they got paid more than well enough.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I have those same orange bistro chairs and tables. They're excellent and collapse super small.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cute thread is over there. -->
blessed thread is over there <--

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

S'up Newark/Wilmington buddy? Glasgow and Mt. Pleasant HS goon chiming in. Delaware is BORING AS poo poo to me and always been. You had to head up to Philly to really do anything and have a fun night out. The beaches are fun to some extent. Newark was basically cruising main street at 16 with your first car and hitting the Stone Balloon.

And yuengling is loving gross. It always tasted like a dirty, musty bar rag to me. Here's some funny beer pictures to get us back on track. I can't get images to embed for some reason without leeching. What's the image hosting SA uses now?

Haha, I'm not really one to go out on the town too often so when I do, local bars are good enough for me! I always liked Newark; I went to UD. I don't drive anyway

:rolleyes:

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Wood.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Owners/Chefs typically write the menus, so they got paid more than well enough.

Paging forums user Sandwich Anarchist to verify this claim.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

we do have bad bread. bread in butter is number one thing i hear from travelers that stomps american stuff.

The U.S. is known for bad bread, but there's more than just the packaged stuff. Most decent grocery stores have bakeries that make amazing bread (I'm sure you know this, but I've met non-Americans who didn't realize we had access to good bread at all)

timefly has a new favorite as of 07:29 on Aug 2, 2018

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

... Bread... inside butter? Like, do you sell stick of butter with a bread core, or what here.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

timefly posted:

Yeah, but there's more than just the packaged stuff. Most decent grocery stores have bakeries that make amazing bread (I'm sure you know this, but I've met non-Americans who didn't realize we had access to good bread at all)

I. hate. This man. I've never heard of him before, but thanks to the screenshots posted in this thread, I hate him.

I can't even see the picture of this guy on my tiny phone, but he certainly writes like he has a face in need of a punch

unless those are satire, then "good job" to whoever came up with that character because I loving hate Silverbert Creepstein].

Edit: Goddamn this guy is good. Wonder what other characters he has.

Bored has a new favorite as of 07:23 on Aug 2, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bored posted:

I. hate. This man. I've never heard of him before, but thanks to the screenshots posted in this thread, I hate him.

I can't even see the picture of this guy on my tiny phone, but he certainly writes like he has a face in need of a punch

unless those are satire, then "good job" to whoever came up with that character because I loving hate Silverbert Creepstein].

Edit: Goddamn this guy is good. Wonder what other characters he has.

How can you hate a man who walks through life leaving nothing but blessings and good will in his wake. And whose profile pic is Richard Gere (who he totally looks like, but Zen Master level).

I, for one, am glad he is real and true and totally not fake satire.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

99% certain that all these are idiot trophies for the recruits who have forgotten or lost their weapon or some pieces of equipment during the basic training.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm the lost bazooka.

That's not a half bad username come to think of it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean I get that doctors see vegans' bits coming off all the time but I still think they'd have said something more like "holy poo poo dude your jaw just dropped" instead of just "jaw dropped" like a god drat robot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

99% certain that all these are idiot trophies for the recruits who have forgotten or lost their weapon or some pieces of equipment during the basic training.

Yes, like I said, show up with your equipment and don't get caught on your phone or anything.

1 Didn't have his rifle
2 see #1
3 Didn't have his bayonet
4 Was caught smoking a cigarette
5 was caught on his phone

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

RareAcumen posted:

Don't tell me I don't know a bazooka when I see one dude

/5yo me

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ok now what the gently caress is this bread

That looks like Rågkakor, it's a really nice type of bread. But there's a massive divide in Sweden as to what side you butter.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I live on a nordic coast and the family has has a pretty long fishing history so catching our own fish and preparing roe ourselves when we get it is a common thing. I don't know much, but I know roe. They also sell Kalle's roe paste here, which I've tried so many times in some show of insane insistence that since it is roe, it must be delicious. It's not. It tastes like what roe tastes when it's spoiled.

Kalle's is rotting roe flavor mayo.

Hope this helps.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Yes, like I said, show up with your equipment and don't get caught on your phone or anything.

1 Didn't have his rifle
2 see #1
3 Didn't have his bayonet
5 was caught on his phone

We got (dummy) AT mines as keychains if we lost the keys to our personal and/or squad storage lockers.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

timefly posted:

The U.S. is known for bad bread, but there's more than just the packaged stuff. Most decent grocery stores have bakeries that make amazing bread (I'm sure you know this, but I've met non-Americans who didn't realize we had access to good bread at all)

Lol holy poo poo who is this guy. It’s absurd. Is this the new Ken M?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Der Kyhe posted:

We got (dummy) AT mines as keychains if we lost the keys to our personal and/or squad storage lockers.

I'll never get over the shame of carrying an AG-TRE for a week cause I forgot to padlock my locker properly and sarge took my gun.
(AG-3 being the old Norwegian version of the G3 And Tre in Norwegian being wood as well as 'three'. See? It's funny. Why isn't anyone laughing)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I also get a lot of protein from nutmilk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I also get a lot of protein from nutmilk

:cumpolice:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I was gonna make fun of this rear end in a top hat for thinking broccoli is rich in protein but apparently 50 calories worth of broccoli has 4.2g of protein. Not a shitload, but more than I expected.

Spinach is apparently pretty high in protein too.

So his nutritional knowledge checks out but lmao that he thinks doctors don't learn anything about nutrition. The exchange probably did happen except for the doctor being shocked. Doc asks him where he gets his protein because it's super easy to be malnourished on a vegan diet, and smuggo takes it as the doctor is just ignorant and walks out of there congratulating himself for his superior knowledge.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Spinach is apparently pretty high in protein too.

2.9g/100g isn't really high.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Memento posted:

2.9g/100g isn't really high.

Especially since 100g of most meats have something like ten times that.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Please don't leave trash on the beach

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I recall spinach got briefly famous when an advertising campaign misplaced a decimal point in its protein (or maybe iron) levels, hence Popeye.

Though I think we need Popeye back. Need more cartoon badasses who heartily endorse eating healthy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Though I think we need Popeye back. Need more cartoon badasses who heartily endorse eating healthy.

Goons did always like Popeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

orange sky posted:

Please don't leave trash on the beach

That’s a really terrible photoshop.