Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Yakuza happens on Yakuza Planet, an alternate dimension where guys can get thrown off buildings and stabbed with swords and shot with guns and not die

And they'll always apologize to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The riddle of Yakuza is that if the game shows Kiryu doing devastating lethal blows to guys and tells you that he never killed anyone, do you also listen to the developers claiming Kiryu is a virgin when you see him sleep with girls at hotels in the game.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

kiryu is absolutely a volcel

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

The riddle of Yakuza is that if the game shows Kiryu doing devastating lethal blows to guys and tells you that he never killed anyone, do you also listen to the developers claiming Kiryu is a virgin when you see him sleep with girls at hotels in the game.

What are you insinuating? Kiryu only talks the girls through their problems in life.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh my god now he''s just counterblowing every punch before I can recover, when I try to dodge he trips, and when I stand there so does he. This is loving infuriating.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

from reddit

quote:

Under Users[name]\AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0 you will find settings.ini. If you open that up you can find SaveAnywhere and change the 0 to a 1 to be able to save anywhere rather than just at the phone booths. To save anywhere ingame just go to the pause menu and then settings and you should be able to save from there.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So I'm getting some weird hitching/hangups during dialogue scenes, both text-only and voiced cutscenes. Sometimes the whole thing hangs and sometimes only the visuals do and the audio keeps going. Anyone else having this issue?

I already tried that Audio Mode=1 thing someone mentioned.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So I'm getting some weird hitching/hangups during dialogue scenes, both text-only and voiced cutscenes. Sometimes the whole thing hangs and sometimes only the visuals do and the audio keeps going. Anyone else having this issue?

I already tried that Audio Mode=1 thing someone mentioned.

I am getting some pretty bad stuttering occasionally as well. I haven't tried the Audio Mode=1 thing, what is it?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

this is beyond hosed. i'm gonna stream later so you all can tell me why i'm so loving stupid if you'd like, please look forward to it

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my god now he''s just counterblowing every punch before I can recover, when I try to dodge he trips, and when I stand there so does he. This is loving infuriating.

Another bit of advice, doing the same heat action more than once during a fight significantly reduces it's effeciveness, and since your choice of heat action during this boss is limited to begin with, you should just save your heat. At like, lvl2 and 3, you're way faster, stronger and dodge more effectively. There's even a button that disables any heat action if you hold it. (On PS4 it was L2, the camera reset button.)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

punch drunk posted:

I am getting some pretty bad stuttering occasionally as well. I haven't tried the Audio Mode=1 thing, what is it?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1461661165

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Kiryu is ambiguously a virgin, but it's diegetic and canon that he's never killed anyone. By the end of the series it becomes part of his mystique.

I guess uh, Japan has really fast EMS and a really good healthcare system? Then again on the other hand every goddamn time anyone gets injured enough to go to a hospital they wind up in a coma, so...?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Darn. First crash after 3 hours or so.

Anyone have a fix for the random 5-10 second freezing yet?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

hey i just remembered something that has tripped people up in the past: you don't have the charismatic autobiography equipped to you? it makes the AI way more aggressive

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

hey i just remembered something that has tripped people up in the past: you don't have the charismatic autobiography equipped to you? it makes the AI way more aggressive

never heard of it i've never even had a chance to buy anything before being fed to this depressing misery

http://twitch.tv/ciaphas02 is open until i beat him figures. Empty win though, i learned nothing, i button mashed the whole second half.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 2, 2018

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Sindai posted:

You really only need to know one thing to deal with every Yakuza boss: never just try to do a full combo to them from the front, after two or three hits they will stop flinching and interrupt you almost without fail. This will happen faster and more frequently at the 50% health mark when they power up.

Instead, wait for them to attack, dodge while holding R1 so you automatically go around them in a circle, and punch them in the back. Repeat until you win.

This ignores the HELL YEAH feeling of Tiger Dropping a boss with Kiryu, as well as stunlocking a goon with Majima and his nunchaku bat

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

This fixed my audio stuttering but now the animations are hitching every few seconds. Probably going to stop playing for a few days to see if any other fixes get talked about as I'm just about at the return mark for Steam. Really disappointing as I was having a lot of fun but I don't really want to go through the whole game like this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If you're new like I was a few months ago and having trouble with Kuze, remember you can buy healing items from stores. I recommend the pharmacy but convenience stores and don quijote also works.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Xarbala posted:

If you're new like I was a few months ago and having trouble with Kuze, remember you can buy healing items from stores. I recommend the pharmacy but convenience stores and don quijote also works.

I have been given no freedom to roam or seemingly even enter stores up to now.

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

You could walk across the entire map and visit shops both before you went to the loan shark's office and before getting into the car with Nishiki. That's why you're asked "Are you sure you're ready?" in both those cases. Keep in mind, the game doesn't have a dedicated free-roam time (Not until after you've beaten the game anyway.), it's not like GTA where you can gently caress around and do whatever until you actually start a mission. In Yakuza, you're *always* in-mission, but that doesn't mean you can't just gently caress off and do whatever anyway.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

punch drunk posted:

This fixed my audio stuttering but now the animations are hitching every few seconds. Probably going to stop playing for a few days to see if any other fixes get talked about as I'm just about at the return mark for Steam. Really disappointing as I was having a lot of fun but I don't really want to go through the whole game like this.

The hitching is fixed by setting the process priority to High in the task manager. If you're getting random 5-10 second freezes every few minutes it won't fix that, however.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 2, 2018

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I like yakuza 0s fighting more than 6

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gorn Myson posted:

This is my first Yakuza game I know very little outside of the rave reviews its been getting on this forum, but the "Kiryu has never killed a man" thing is obviously a joke that plays into the silliness of these games.

It's like the arkham games where you can loving dive bomb someone from on top of a building and land on their neck and they'll just be knocked out.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
My favorite part of the game so far has been stomping that one very dedicated enforcer like six times as he desperately, sweatily tries to prevent you from opening doors.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ciaphas posted:

Some stuff is only open at night time like karaoke. I think its the purple stores on the map. And it has to be actual night time not just the sun getting low (look at the skyyyyy)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Who would have thought that by the time this console cycle is over, Sega will have gotten more money from me than anyone.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Karaoke is always open??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Everything is always open (when you can freeroam, which isn't always obvious), but actual stores and minigame places you can enter are marked by different colors on your minimap.

On another note, I've had a weird issue on my end in replaying this on PC, and that's my ps4's gamepad face buttons are all hosed up outside of the keybind menu. Except for Triangle, everything's been moved one step clockwise. Like on the keybind menu I set dodge/OK to A (X on dualshock), light attack to X (Square), and Grab to B (O). Outside of the keybind menu, Dodge is square, light attack is O, and grab is X.

I had to set it so that Dodge is O, light attack is X, and grab is square, to map the controls back to where they "should" be.

Also I'm getting no sound whatsoever.

Runa fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 2, 2018

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Judging from this thread and the subreddit people like me who have had a bug free experience thus far are the lucky few, what a shame

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Real yakuza don’t release buggy software

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I figure it's just me needing to figure poo poo out with DS4Windows but man, i don't want to use a 360 pad.

Like remembering to turn it on :negative:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I love how "Big guy holding sofa" is an enemy archetype in this series.

Also I notice that they use Playstation prompts in the UI still. That seems like an oversight.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

John Luebke posted:

You could walk across the entire map and visit shops both before you went to the loan shark's office and before getting into the car with Nishiki. That's why you're asked "Are you sure you're ready?" in both those cases. Keep in mind, the game doesn't have a dedicated free-roam time (Not until after you've beaten the game anyway.), it's not like GTA where you can gently caress around and do whatever until you actually start a mission. In Yakuza, you're *always* in-mission, but that doesn't mean you can't just gently caress off and do whatever anyway.

The plot seemed... emphatic. gently caress's sake.

I alt-F4'd out of the cutscene, that's ridiculous. Rather go back to my old goddamn save and play the game right.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Xarbala posted:

Everything is always open (when you can freeroam, which isn't always obvious), but actual stores and minigame places you can enter are marked by different colors on your minimap.

I have never ever ever received any sort of prompt, obvious doorway, identifier or anything on any wall of any colored building at any time so far. I've looked.

I want to like Yakuza, I do! But boy am I angry and frustrated.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I have never ever ever received any sort of prompt, obvious doorway, identifier or anything on any wall of any colored building at any time so far. I've looked.

I must be misremembering some bits, because I went to check the stairwell down to the shogi parlor during the "go to Toko Credit" part but I couldn't. But I could go into the pharmacy right in front of toko credit, and I can go to restaurants.

Runa fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 2, 2018

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Kiryu is the all-time leader in triples

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Shops are open from the beginning, most (all?) minigame places open up from chapter 2 onwards. Restarting your save seems a bit excessive, you didn't really miss anything other than not having enough health recharging items for the boss.

Generally:

Yellow buildings = Shops
Orange buildings = You can eat stuff
Pink buildings = Various entertainment, minigames & poo poo
Blue buildings = Somewhat story related locations, almost never actually accessible.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEdt2l34TY

With Kuze, and most of the end-chapter 1 Yakuza bosses, it's pretty much all about picking your spots. It's the game's gate of "do you understand how to side step." And if you do, you'll nail it.

I think the hardest Yakuza fight I've ever had to deal with was Yakuza 4 Kiryu boss fight. Because at that point, you CAN'T purchase health-ups and it's the last gate before you get back to the city. It's pretty much the only fight in the game to consistently kill me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEdt2l34TY

With Kuze, and most of the end-chapter 1 Yakuza bosses, it's pretty much all about picking your spots. It's the game's gate of "do you understand how to side step." And if you do, you'll nail it.

I think the hardest Yakuza fight I've ever had to deal with was Yakuza 4 Kiryu boss fight. Because at that point, you CAN'T purchase health-ups and it's the last gate before you get back to the city. It's pretty much the only fight in the game to consistently kill me.

Guess I don't understand the sidestep then because I could not nail it. I would dash inward instead and eat the second or third punch. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Xarbala posted:

I figure it's just me needing to figure poo poo out with DS4Windows but man, i don't want to use a 360 pad.

Like remembering to turn it on :negative:
? the game has native ds4 support, touchpad included