Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Omnicrom posted:

Does zodiacs still get dark ether?

They do.

You could run a Farmer/Zodiac whose main purpose is to be the Imperial's TP/Force Boost battery, maybe. Or have the Imperial subclass Zodiac to take advantage of the Free Energy passive. Or both.

Zodiac would also give the Imperial Singularity and Restore Ether, a passive that increases attack based on how much TP they have spent last turn, which sounds like a natural fit for Imperials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Omnicrom posted:

Does zodiacs still get dark ether?

They do but it got nerfed into reducing TP costs rather than negating them entirely. (Zodiac's Force Break does negate TP cost for a turn, though)

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Handgun Phonics posted:

I don't know that the Switch has the hardware to support something like the Apple Pencil, but any run-of-the-mill capacitive stylus works just fine. I've been using one to browse the shop so I don't have to clean the screen as often.

Nah all you'd need for one is Bluetooth. There's a few third party iPad styli that only work for specific apps but don't require the extra hardware the pencil uses.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
For people who are planning to play SQX, here are QR codes some free armor.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh, suddenly the Imperial's Force Break makes a lot more sense now. You're really not just going to be able to stick one in a party without proper support.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Level 1 stats for each class.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
The highest stat (aside from HP and TP) is 20 for everyone - except Farmer who breaks this limit with 21 LUC.
That is great stuff.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

quote:

ヘヴィストライク
Heavy Strike

Type: Active

ヘヴィストライクの説明
Deals melee bash damage to one target.

Lv1: 25 TP, 350% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv2: 25 TP, 365% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv3: 25 TP, 380% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv4: 25 TP, 395% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv5: 35 TP, 455% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv6: 35 TP, 480% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv7: 35 TP, 505% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv8: 35 TP, 530% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv9: 35 TP, 555% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy
Lv10: 50 TP, 700% damage, 50% speed modifier, -5% accuracy

hey did anyone miss EO5 Heavy Strike

good because now any Medic can learn it

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Levels go up to 130 maximum in EOX.

Well, uh, wasn't expecting that.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

I'm glad to see ninja is only a single point behind Farmer in Luck. Assuming their growths don't do anything really weird, that, combine with that copy of Status Atk Up, means they should be fairly reliable as a status dealer main class.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Maybe the level cap is 130... because subclass skill ranks don't cap at half the original :getin:

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Here are Lv130 stat averages for each class. Blue indicates highest stat, red indicates lowest.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Blue indicates highest stat, red indicates lowest.

Zodiac is very colorful. Those are some min/maxed stats.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I’m glad ninjas have the best average stats. I assume that means they suck because they need both str and int.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Levels go up to 130 maximum in EOX.

Well, uh, wasn't expecting that.

Time to 130r130 on every class. :shepicide:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Here are Lv130 stat averages for each class. Blue indicates highest stat, red indicates lowest.

This being the reverse of what Pokemon does is messing with my head.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm guessing cause of level 130 the game is either a bit longer than most EO games (since you don't hit the level cap unless you grind in the postgame), or you gain much more exp and thus gain more levels. Or it's a usual game that ends at around level 80 or so, but you need to be 130 for the superboss anyway. I hope it's the first one.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

I'm guessing cause of level 130 the game is either a bit longer than most EO games (since you don't hit the level cap unless you grind in the postgame), or you gain much more exp and thus gain more levels. Or it's a usual game that ends at around level 80 or so, but you need to be 130 for the superboss anyway. I hope it's the first one.

I imagine they're going to pack as many post-game bosses into this poo poo as they humanly can. Are you prepared to fight Primevil, Ur-Child, Abyssal God, Warped Savior, and Star Devourer in a row to unlock the real true final boss?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Am I playing these games wrong if I'm happy to beat the plot boss and never touch the postgame content?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Atlas Hugged posted:

Am I playing these games wrong if I'm happy to beat the plot boss and never touch the postgame content?
I don't think so, they put the credits after the 5th stratum boss for a reason.

Personally I consider the 5th stratum boss a sign that says "you can stop playing at any point now and be satisfied." With most EOs I do the 6th stratum until I reach a point where I don't feel like I can progress without grinding, and then stop there.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Nope. Especially since the post-game content in the earlier games gets ridiculously bonkers and will punish players that have not figured out what the heck they're doing even harder than the rest of the game did.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ragnar Homsar posted:

It's not in red on the chart but it looks like Imperial has the lowest TP

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone knows the best way to grind in eo5

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Postgame? Mounting Horror FOEs in 6th stratum is infinitely replicating until you kill the original and is vulnerable to instant death. Necro's Zombie Powder or Dragoon's Hypno Cannon + Harbinger's Fatal Reap could quickly dispatch it if you have them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's here. :supaburn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYTeIq6G5bE

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So a couple of details on the difficulties now that the game is out.

Heroic is basically nearly identical to Expert. However, you have to pick it at the beginning of the run. You aren't stuck there if you choose that difficulty, so you can change your mind later. But dropping the difficulty down is a one way trip. Also, you cannot New Game Plus into Heroic. Heroic must be started from a fresh file.

Expert is the baseline, and Basic is an easier version of the game. You can swap between these two difficulties freely.

Picnic is the same as 2U's version of Picnic, apparently. However... Dropping down is a 1 way trip. If you set the difficulty to Picnic, you are stuck there for the rest of that file's lifetime.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there an arranged retro FM style OST for X, or just the standard one? Got the game but haven't loaded it up yet, i'll probably play it sometime later this week

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So Heroic is literally just Expert in terms of numbers, but with the added bragging rights/proof that you completed the entire game on Expert? I guess that's cool.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No reason not to start in Heroic then.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
screw it, i'm playing this now. What my main party be? I am only familiar with a few of these classes.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Waiting for skill numbers to be datamined, then it's theorycrafting round 2.

Man this game can't come out soon enough

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
give it to me atlus

inject the etrians directly into my veins

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Picnic is the same as 2U's version of Picnic, apparently. However... Dropping down is a 1 way trip. If you set the difficulty to Picnic, you are stuck there for the rest of that file's lifetime.

Huh. I guess they really just wanted it to be a mode for players who are only interested in the exploration/collecting aspects of the game, and didn't like that people used it for easy grinding.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Thuryl posted:

Huh. I guess they really just wanted it to be a mode for players who are only interested in the exploration/collecting aspects of the game, and didn't like that people used it for easy grinding.
"Buy the DLC" was probably part of the thought process too.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I found spreadsheets.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J2oQ3842T375qB863eR6lWV6yWn0fLeRa4PWOLDJhE8/ raw data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RZn2zzkVOkcqQfSOHMprtCKxJnknuLfNHkUmYYgZ7tE/ skill trees

Still don't know what to play. I am so bad at EO party composition

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I mainly build a cute party with lots of

https://twitter.com/dril/status/599772152213151744?lang=en

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012
My philosophy for party building is usually something like:
  • A way to mitigate damage
  • A way to disable the enemy
  • A way to recover health
  • A way to deal damage (x2)
Either one class per, or use overlapping hybrids- like using a Princess to reduce damage and heal (buffs) , or a Nightseeker for both ailments and damage. Having a mix of damage types is also helpful, but you don't need all of them, strictly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

My philosophy for party composition is "gently caress it, just take whatever seems cool."

Which is why my party is Imperial/Landsnecht/Shogun, Gunner/Arcanist.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
How many years until NA release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014
Probably around a year, if Deep Silver is on the ball.

Imperial, Hero
Protector, Gunner, Zodiac

Can't wait to get my hands on it and die horribly on Heroic.