Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AfroGunsou posted:

Was there ever any details given for why bon clay was working for baroque works in the first place. he seems like a pretty good person but had to be aware that baroque works were bad dudes

gently caress the monarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I forget was crocodile considered Mr 1?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I think with Bon Clay it was a matter if he knew you or not. If you're lucky enough to make friends with him, then good, but if not he gives zero fucks about what happens to you, considering how he was having a blast impersonating Cobra. He'd probably do whatever if it means getting paid enough.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

he was Mr. 0.

Daz Bones was Mr. 1.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The guy who was made of blades was Mr. 1. Crocodile was Mr. 0 iirc

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

I think with Bon Clay it was a matter if he knew you or not. If you're lucky enough to make friends with him, then good, but if not he gives zero fucks about what happens to you, considering how he was having a blast impersonating Cobra. He'd probably do whatever if it means getting paid enough.

It's a bit weird how easily the other characters (or at least Luffy) forgave him for that, though of course the same could be said of Hatchan, Duval, Hancock, etc.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Crocodile sang Bon Clay the We Are! song and the rest is history

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Bon Clay made friends with other members of Baroque works before they joined Crocodile, also remember they attempted to hire Zoro so it's not like they don't just pick people up for their ability as bounty hunters. Bon Clay is the Number 2 partnership because he reports his spying directly to Mr 0 but isn't as outright deadly and loyal as Mr 1. He's arguably one of the single most important members of the entire organisation and wasn't at that time isn't definitely a revolutionary.

If he was a revolutionary well remember that Vivi's family are descended from the original 20 kings who formed the world government and who 19 of which became the world nobles, with the Neferteri family returning to rule Alabasta.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Revolutionaries would probably never have attacked Alabasta anyways, it's got a king who actually gives a poo poo about his people and doesn't oppress them.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Hate-Senpai posted:

Revolutionaries would probably never have attacked Alabasta anyways, it's got a king who actually gives a poo poo about his people and doesn't oppress them.

But a lot of people in the kingdom thought Cobra was using the dance powder to steal their water and redirect it to the capital thanks to Crocodile.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

AfroGunsou posted:

Was there ever any details given for why bon clay was working for baroque works in the first place. he seems like a pretty good person but had to be aware that baroque works were bad dudes

He's strong as hell and has a powerful devilfruit. It makes sense that a criminal organization would want him, and Baroque Works clearly aggressively recruited him--he gets his own rad ship customized in his own style, he gets a lot of latitude in organization (they broke the whole matched pair of couples organizing system for him alone), a bunch of subordinates to do his bidding and tell him he's the best, every day is casual dress day.

Compared to working for the Marines and having to fall in line, or working in a store or something, it's easy to see how he fell in with a crowd that would let him sail the world, meet interesting people, and occasionally do something reprehensible for the privilege.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Bug posted:

But a lot of people in the kingdom thought Cobra was using the dance powder to steal their water and redirect it to the capital thanks to Crocodile.

Oh right.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

this is still the greatest picture ever made.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Lol Luffy for president

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lpzie posted:

Lol Luffy for president

I could never do that to Luffy's pure, free spirit

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lpzie posted:

Lol Luffy for president

he'd tell you to vote for literally anyone else cause he doesn't want the job

still wins with a overwhelming majority

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

so he's leorio?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SatansBestBuddy posted:

in other words

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fawf posted:

in other words

:lol:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Series ends with Luffy being named President, hops on his ship after the victory party and sets sail for adventure. The marines swear to catch him and drag him back to the Empty Resolute Desk to do his duty, so he's still having rad adventures being chased by Smoker, Hina, Cody, and Helmeppo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ah, the inverse of the Naruto ending where he finally reaches his dream of becoming Hokage and then realizes it's actually doing nothing but paperwork 20 hours a day

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Man with Hat posted:

This is the funniest panel I've ever seen in a comic in my life.

I don't get it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Fawf posted:

in other words

I can't help reading this as BUSTED LEADERSHIP for a WRONGER AMERICA

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Ok it's almost time for a drat chap

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
excited about a new chapter

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

My little bro brought me some of the most recent one piece issues, having some of the dogtooth fight in paperback is really cool because of how scribbled the fight is at times.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Charlotte Dogtooth, clearly named after the flower not the starch derived from it, which remains consistent with his family's names such as his beloved younger sister Charlotte Custard Blowtorch.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Charlotte Dogtooth

KATAKURI

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

liar bu

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Charlotte Dogtooth, clearly named after the flower not the starch derived from it, which remains consistent with his family's names such as his beloved younger sister Charlotte Custard Blowtorch.

Charlotte Custard Blowtorch would be a pretty cool name imo :shrug:

Buuuut Charlotte Katakuri is way better

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Ah, the inverse of the Naruto ending where he finally reaches his dream of becoming Hokage and then realizes it's actually doing nothing but paperwork 20 hours a day

That's just the Naruto ending, dude has to use shadow clones to help with the paperwork.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/no_reply_4ever/status/1024866357995683840

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bishojo whitebeard is perfect
Absolutely
Perfect

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hey I heard there's a new chapter tomorrow!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
oh god... oH GoD... I'm so ~clooose~

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bishojo whitebeard is perfect
Absolutely
Perfect

it's like a dream level of perfect

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like Hawkins' fruit might rival Law's in versatility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Bepo's samurai outfit is so good. The top knot. I cant even.