Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Terminator part 6 they finally Arnold a name: Leonard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've never really thought of Cameron as a screenwriter, but now I think about it, he's written pretty much all his own movies, hasn't he?

Not to mention the masterpiece that is Rambo: First Blood Part II.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Vince MechMahon posted:

Cameron did the story then they did a writers room thing for the script.

Cocaine?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

ynohtna posted:

Cocaine?

Not hiring any women or people of color.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

In Terminator part 6 they finally Arnold a name: Leonard

Hi yes I’d like a ticket for Leonard Terminator.

(I unironically want this go be real)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Edir: oops

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Fart City posted:

Hi yes I’d like a ticket for Leonard Terminator.

(I unironically want this go be real)

Leonard Part 6: Terminator

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Leonard Part 6: Terminator

But can cosby portray a criminal effectively???

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Linda Hamilton's sister will play the evil terminator

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

In a surprise twist, Lin Manuel Miranda plays Linda Hamilton

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Your pills, give them to me!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

In a surprise twist, Lin Manuel Miranda plays Linda Hamilton

I'm John Connor's mom and I'm here to say
I rap very badly about Judgement Day!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In conjunction with Bumblebee, the 1986 Transformers movie is getting a theatrical re-release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/419825-1986s-transformers-the-movie-coming-to-theaters-in-september#/slide/1

Will its ticket sales finally surpass its budget? Will there be reviews that push it over 60% on RT?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The MSJ posted:

In conjunction with Bumblebee, the 1986 Transformers movie is getting a theatrical re-release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/419825-1986s-transformers-the-movie-coming-to-theaters-in-september#/slide/1

Will its ticket sales finally surpass its budget? Will there be reviews that push it over 60% on RT?
Would I be completely lost if I never watched the cartoon at all?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

21 Muns posted:

Honestly this would be pretty interesting if they did it? I don't know why it's so routinely mocked as a bad idea for the franchise.

Just to clarify I would be 100% fine with a genderswapped John.

All I need to consider a Terminator film to be a “real” Terminator film is that an advanced killing machine is set from the future to do badass murder poo poo at some point in the movie. Don’t need any Connors in it, don’t need Arnold. Just make sure there are murder bots from the future and I’ll be happy.

[Edit: ohhhhh shiiiit I just noticed that Josh Friedman has a screenwriting credit... but then again, so does David S. Goyer, so...]

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

No.

If you didn't see it as a child, then you'll never truly experience the movie and be traumatized by Autobots getting murdered on screen and Optimus dying.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Codependent Poster posted:

No.

If you didn't see it as a child, then you'll never truly experience the movie and be traumatized by Autobots getting murdered on screen and Optimus dying.

I havent even seen the first (new) 3 movies, should i try to watch bumblebee? I liked the insane plot and fire breathing robotrex and dragon in 4/5

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

got any sevens posted:

I havent even seen the first (new) 3 movies, should i try to watch bumblebee? I liked the insane plot and fire breathing robotrex and dragon in 4/5

I still genuinely enjoy the 2007 movie, and the last ~75 minutes or so of Dark of the Moon is the best disaster movie put on film since Titanic.

Just avoid Revenge of the Fallen like the plague. Holy God, I'm so glad I didn't pay money to see that piece of poo poo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Considering that most of the main characters were created for the movie, no.

got any sevens posted:

Bumblebee is apparently less insane than The Last Knight, but if you think ET and The Iron Giant need more robots fighting you might like it.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
First set photo of the Sonic movie (you know, the one with Jim Carrey as Eggman, that is actually filming)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
You know, if that movie ended up being something like Cannonball Run or Gumball Rally, I'd be all over that poo poo.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jose Oquendo posted:

You know, if that movie ended up being something like Cannonball Run or Gumball Rally, I'd be all over that poo poo.

I'm leaning toward it being a "Sonic in Our World" counterpart to the Super Mario Bros. movie

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Timby posted:

I still genuinely enjoy the 2007 movie, and the last ~75 minutes or so of Dark of the Moon is the best disaster movie put on film since Titanic.

Just avoid Revenge of the Fallen like the plague. Holy God, I'm so glad I didn't pay money to see that piece of poo poo.

The Last Knight is even worse, amazingly by several orders of magnitude. An utterly, profoundly incomprehensible film on every level. Without even impressive or engaging action to give it any redeeming value.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Wandle Cax posted:

The Last Knight is even worse, amazingly by several orders of magnitude. An utterly, profoundly incomprehensible film on every level. Without even impressive or engaging action to give it any redeeming value.

Ignatiy Vishnevetsky is no replacement for Roger Ebert, but he's probably the best now at just ripping into movies, and I'll never forget this sentence from his review of it:

quote:

Here, the looniest exposition slips from the mouth of Anthony Hopkins. His eyes twinkle with the glee of a man who can’t believe how much he’s being paid to talk about magical Nazi-fighting robots while standing in front of a bookcase.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Actually, although I've never managed to stay awake to the end, The Last Knight owns

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Corek posted:

First set photo of the Sonic movie (you know, the one with Jim Carrey as Eggman, that is actually filming)

My main concern is that there is no way that this movie will be as insane as it is shaping up to be in my mind, but this is a good start.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Whoever thought that THIS should be the first image from a major franchise film needs to be fired and banned from Hollywood permanently. It looks like someone photoshopped actresses against a static background, or something equally dumb

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Timby posted:

Even if you don't like Revenge of the Fallen, and I don't, it's well worth watching because it's one of the most strikingly weird movies, blockbuster or otherwise, of the last decade.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mackenzie Davis was tremendous on Halt And Catch Fire, and I know she's a good actress who has the potential to be great in this.

I haven't seen Linda Hamilton in anything since Dante's Peak.

I don't know who that other person is.

I know this movie is supposed to retcon 3, 4 and 5 out of existence, which is a good thing, but holy smokes that is a terrible promotional image. I'm gonna need to see a trailer before I can have more of an opinion about it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Corek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vJDPsd80f4

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The only Bay Transformers movie I've seen was the first one, which was not awful, but definitely bad. I had no interest after that. I know the 2nd and 5th movies are considered the worst. I was glad I didn't bother with the rest after hearing how in 3, Optimus (the 'hero') murders a pleading Megatron in cold blood.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If you go in with the right mindset, 3 an d 4 are great.

The mindset being that the movies hates their audience and America. Because holy wow.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Transformers are avatars of corporations and capitalism. Michael Bay was never going to portray them kindly.

edit:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gonz posted:

Mackenzie Davis was tremendous on Halt And Catch Fire, and I know she's a good actress who has the potential to be great in this.

I haven't seen Linda Hamilton in anything since Dante's Peak.

I don't know who that other person is.

I know this movie is supposed to retcon 3, 4 and 5 out of existence, which is a good thing, but holy smokes that is a terrible promotional image. I'm gonna need to see a trailer before I can have more of an opinion about it.
I would have preferred that they did the ending to Terminator Salvation where John Connor dies and the Sam Worthington Terminator had to take his place as the resistance leader. I thought that movie was at least decent, whereas T3 was bad and Genisys looked like total trash with even worse casting. The future war setting of Salvation was at least a change of pace from the other movies, which all just really wanted to remake T2.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Starscream putting the work in for those epic Lats.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would have preferred that they did the ending to Terminator Salvation where John Connor dies and the Sam Worthington Terminator had to take his place as the resistance leader.
And the Genisys tells them to hold their coke and kind of rips off that plot point but in a much worse way.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ultimately, Terminator 2 had an incredible ending and that should've been the end of Terminator movies.

They've tried to extrapolate from the T2 ending for 25 years now and every single time they do it they manage to gently caress things up.

If this bombs, and it very well could, I feel like that's it for Terminator media potentially forever.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 2, 2018

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Genisys is a fine, entertaining movie. That cast gives it their all, they're just let down by some basic direction and a lovely title.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
What the gently caress was that title even supposed to mean?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Whoever thought that THIS should be the first image from a major franchise film needs to be fired and banned from Hollywood permanently. It looks like someone photoshopped actresses against a static background, or something equally dumb

Lest we forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The combination of Michael Bay, Mark Wahlberg and 80s toy nostalgia somehow manages to bring out the worst aspects of each of them