Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bix is tricking you into watching IMPACT

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1022881682721005568

Meccanites are melting down as IMPACT is good now leaving them no identity or persecution complex:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1022967690431016960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I gave up trying to make sense of their core fanbase for years. Glad TNA is getting turned up.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
3,000 paid at TNA house shows, eh? :raise:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope that Impact can build upon this PPV and have good tv. The tapings after the PPV were drab... was it because the matches just not interesting/exciting or were the storylines drab?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Meltzer via the Observer this week:

quote:

The show drew a sellout crowd of just over 1,000 fans, but at least they were paid as opposed to freebies in Orlando. The crowd was rabid, there to have a good time and not heckle, and clearly loved the show.

As a fan who watches a lot of UK Wrestling and someone with eyes, I know the difference between 1,000 and 3,000. It was a 1,000.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

Going from memory that seems optimistic. I don’t think ROH was breaking 2k regularly before WWE started to pushback on them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Is Slammiversary really the best Ppv of the year to date or do people just not remember anything prior to like April

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is Slammiversary really the best Ppv of the year to date or do people just not remember anything prior to like April

its been the best non-WWE domestic PPV since the TNA WM show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

It was by no means better than Wrestle Kingdom etc etc

It was definitely better than WWE's output since at least the Rumble, and arguably the false hopes it's given people so far as to what's come after have been less disappointing than the Rumble ("oh no, the shows since are boring" vs "oh no that was their best moments and now Nakamura can barely win a midcard belt and Asuka's favoriting people on social media who want her to go back to NXT where at least she was booked semi-intelligently") so even that's better overall

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There's a lot of good wrestling happening so when TNA suddenly shows up with a decent to good show, its like the weird kid from highschool showing up to the party with a pound of weed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Basic Chunnel posted:

New Japan doesn't run PPVs so ... yes?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Joey Janela's Spring Break 2?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

By that logic WWE doesn't really either, in the sense that 80% of both promotions' fans watch the big shows on their respective streaming platforms.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

By that logic WWE doesn't really either, in the sense that 80% of both promotions' fans watch the big shows on their respective streaming platforms.

?????

WWE events still regularly air on PPV

New Japan had one PPV one time, and it wasn't even this year's Wrestle Kingdom, it was the 2015 one, which Dave even said "was the only live pro wrestling PPV event ever broadcast [internationally] from Japan"

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

The Impact after Slammiversary was also... pretty good? Like, obviously I'm not going take a company with Austin Aries as champion seriously, but I liked all of the wrestling matches? I disliked most of the bad guys and liked most of the good guys.

I have full confidence that next week will be 24/7 Grado vs Killer Kross.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It is stupidly pedantic to suggest NJPW does not run PPVs, the term generally used to refer to named, high profile special events

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It’s like saying WWE is the best wrestling fed running weekly shows prime time on the USA network

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Basic Chunnel posted:

It is stupidly pedantic to suggest NJPW does not run PPVs, the term generally used to refer to named, high profile special events

the term usually refers to events that are available on a pay per view channel for additional charge

hence uh

pay per view

like this isn't hard people

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

TNA literally started out with weekly PPVs. Those shows weren't named, they weren't special, nor were they high profile. And yet you had to PAY to watch them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Moose kinda freaked people out backstage after the PPV on Sunday and then on Monday tweeted and later deleted "C T E":

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1023383914650460161

He did play in the NFL too obviously so I hope he will be okay.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Swann finally faces justice

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1024114702018736129

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

rovert posted:

Moose kinda freaked people out backstage after the PPV on Sunday and then on Monday tweeted and later deleted "C T E":

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1023383914650460161

He did play in the NFL too obviously so I hope he will be okay.

I truly cannot believe that there are still wrestling news sites with articles like

- a guy had a frightening concussion
- here's a workout video from retired divas
- here's a lady's theme song

and hot user comments like "I've never been big on humanity, but drat if she isn't the best looking one."

loving hell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive never been big on humanity either

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
this company is still around ? What?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Happy 5th Anniversary!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

kennedy's confused head scratching kills me every time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 2, 2018

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DJExile posted:

lmao

kennedy's confused head scratching kills me every time

What is Kennedy...err I mean Anderson up to these days anyway?

I must have been the only person on these forums who enjoyed him in WWE & TNA.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Keeping the proud wrestling t-shirt tradition of loving up a fun design with unnecessary stuff on the back.

freeranger posted:

Working the indies according to cagematch. I liked the guy too tbh.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

freeranger posted:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=704&page=4

He looks to be centered in Wisconsin but travelling abroad for brief runs too.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

J-Ro posted:

Keeping the proud wrestling t-shirt tradition of loving up a fun design with unnecessary stuff on the back.

It would probably have achieved the same effect and been funnier if they had included the math formula without the transcript of the whole promo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kennedy is a good promo and decent in the ring but also a giant douchenozzle. This was the guy that got bounced from WWE because he would not shut up about doing steroids.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

coconono posted:

Kennedy is a good promo and decent in the ring but also a giant douchenozzle. This was the guy that got bounced from WWE because he would not shut up about doing steroids.

I thought it was because there was a 141 and 2/3 chance of someone leaving any given Kennedy match injured

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

freeranger posted:

He, Shawn Daivari, Molly Holly and Arik Cannon are running a wrestling school in Minneapolis, last I checked: https://www.theacademyprowrestling.com/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I thought it was because there was a 141 and 2/3 chance of someone leaving any given Kennedy match injured

its not Kennedy's fault John Cena never learned how to take an arm drag properly,

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

its not Kennedy's fault John Cena never learned how to take an arm drag properly,

by somebody I was also referring to Kennedy himself

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Didn't he also break Randy Orton by loving up a back suplex?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Didn't he also break Randy Orton by loving up a back suplex?

whats weird is that there is considerable evidence he didn't and Randy was trying to get Kennedy fired

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kennedy was always fun on the mic but how he did in the ring seemed to depend HARD on who he was in there with. In TNA he had some matches with RVD that were just complete messes, but then had them Bubba Ray and looked fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
What little I can remember of Kennedy in WWE annoys me. He'd always flail wildly when someone picked him up, and it always looked dumb and dangerous where it was probably meant to make it look like he tried to fight out of a move. You don't need to fight out of every powerslam, Ken. It doesn't make you look any tougher.