Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Even if we kick the draft off on Tuesday (7th) it should be completed by the 16th so we could probably do the FA draft on that date still

:hfive:

This is what I think too. Maybe even kick off on the 8th so the dude in europe can get back and get his team situation under control by trades and drops.

We won't really need a 24hr lockdown of rosters before the draft since it's rookies, we used to do a 24hr lock because the FA draft was first but that's not the case anymore so we can throw that rule out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy poo poo Whalers, I would have traded for 2 of those guys. Even a 3rd round pick for someone you're going to drop is better than nothing right?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Even if we kick the draft off on Tuesday (7th) it should be completed by the 16th so we could probably do the FA draft on that date still

I thought Leper's point was the 16th didn't work since it would take more than 30 minutes and his timezone was in conflict with your need to be done by 9?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thats Teemu needing to be done early, but yeah.

16th doesn't work, only chance is 30th or 1st or whatever day that was.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Holy poo poo Whalers, I would have traded for 2 of those guys. Even a 3rd round pick for someone you're going to drop is better than nothing right?

Speaking of this... any interest in Ekeler, Hollins, Trent Taylor, or Chad Williams?

I probably wouldn't drop all of them, but a few of them are likely to not make it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Zauper posted:

Speaking of this... any interest in Ekeler, Hollins, Trent Taylor, or Chad Williams?

I probably wouldn't drop all of them, but a few of them are likely to not make it.

I'd be interested in Williams just for the heck of it

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Spermy Smurf posted:

I considered that but I need cap space for my first couple rounds of picks more than anything, not more picks or players. I'm going into the draft with $46 in cap and 2 first rounders.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah the 16th does not work: even if we assume the FA auction goes perfectly smoothly, 30 minutes is not a reasonable window and if we wind up going overtime, Teemu misses the end of the draft. This is the reason we need to do a slow draft instead.

We will need to add at least 1 extra bench slot, unless all teams will have a free bench slot regardless throughout the rookie draft. Which may be the case.

Previously our deadline for dropping players was August 15th. If we're going to do a slow rookie draft, that has to be moved up obviously.

So here's the new plan:
Rookie draft starts August 8th. Deadline for dropping players is August 7th I guess. Should we retain the "no drops" rule through the draft, because knowing who will be available on the FA auction could affect your drafting decisions? Or is that not a significant consideration for most folks?

Keep in mind that you can trade picks mid-draft, but you still have to pay your 2019 dues if you want to trade 2019 picks.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
My team is ready to draft.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mine isn't! I've been waiting to the last second in order to have best information before dropping players.

Also I have to do all my rookie draft research which I thought I would still have weeks to do :negative:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If anyone wants any of my LBs that aren't Jones or Jack I'll gladly trade them. Especially looking to move Mosley

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Does anyone want Kizer? He's taxi squad eligible for another year, and represents a long-term kind of shot at maybe he gets better in green bay and becomes relevant next year or something. His salary this year is $9, which I think is a reasonable hit ($10 next year) if he winds up starting for any team anywhere.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Does anyone want Kizer? He's taxi squad eligible for another year, and represents a long-term kind of shot at maybe he gets better in green bay and becomes relevant next year or something. His salary this year is $9, which I think is a reasonable hit ($10 next year) if he winds up starting for any team anywhere.

:justass:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If anyone wants any of my LBs that aren't Jones or Jack I'll gladly trade them. Especially looking to move Mosley

I’d be interested in Mosley or Lee

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

I considered that but I need cap space for my first couple rounds of picks more than anything, not more picks or players. I'm going into the draft with $46 in cap and 2 first rounders.

I own picks in 2019 too! And 2020!

Ah well, I see your logic anyway!

Timeline sounds good Leper. I would say allow drops. Who cares, it's a slow draft for rookies. FA drops wouldnt really change anything in my opinion.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

I own picks in 2019 too! And 2020!

Ah well, I see your logic anyway!

Timeline sounds good Leper. I would say allow drops. Who cares, it's a slow draft for rookies. FA drops wouldnt really change anything in my opinion.

You want this trade or not? It’s been there for nearly a week.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yank it if you got to. I am trying to trade for more players at which point I will need to dump that pick.

Sorry, I actually forgot it was there because I am a bad person.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yank it if you got to. I am trying to trade for more players at which point I will need to dump that pick.

Sorry, I actually forgot it was there because I am a bad person.

I figured it was either going to be accepted in 5 seconds or a backup incase something else happened.

I’ll pull it, but still interested.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I would have given you picks for Luck...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Me too. What the poo poo.

Stop dropping players for fucks sake.

Yes there is a time limit to drop and salary limit but I have been bottom 4 for 2 years now. I need to make some moves and I would have traded picks from 2020 and 2019 for 6 players dropped so far.

God damnit.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
You should have made offers then.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Epi Lepi posted:

I am good with the way it sits. Not to say I wouldn't have listened to offers but have no regrets on the drop.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

Update trade bait.

Respond to my emails asking about certain players by saying 'nah, dont want to move him but Luck is available'

Neither thing happened. What the hell else should I have done?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

I should make offers for every player on every team just in case it’s one that might get dropped?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Spermy Smurf posted:

Update trade bait.

Respond to my emails asking about certain players by saying 'nah, dont want to move him but Luck is available'

Neither thing happened. What the hell else should I have done?

You got me there about the trade bait. I completely forgot about that feature. I know someone kept bugging me for Alex Collins and I said no and didn’t offer a counter. From my perspective though, Blount, Lewis and Gillislee aren’t even guaranteed to make the 53 so why would I offer them up to someone looking for Collins? Feels like going, “I know you want this sandwich but here’s some stale crackers instead?”

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Biiiig difference between dropping a starting RB2, WR2, QB1, and a TE1 and you offering someone stale crackers.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd trade DeShone Kizer for a late-round pick, or some peanuts

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Props to Leper for writing a nice email like that.

Well structured, well written, and a complete effortpost.

Compare that to mine where I almost called you all a bunch of cunts because my whiskey was on sale that day.

Good job, Leper.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I thought we just had to be compliant tomorrow, not that there was no possibility of additional movement?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Thanks Lep!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Email draft is set and will automatically start about 8am EST on Wednesday. 24hrs from this post.

I have increased rosters by 1 for the manual taxi squad moving. Rosters will lock at midnight Tuesday. I can't find a setting to allow dropping of Vets only. If you want to drop a vet I guess you'll have to post here or email the commissioners. We'll drop the player for you, and then you can make your pick.

I also have zero idea how to manually move a player to the taxi squad as commissioner. I literally can't find the button to manage someones roster. It's not under "Load/Unload Rosters" so I am baffled.

Edit: Found it. You have to click on the Franchise name, then you'll have options there.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 7, 2018

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Can you please explain what an 'email draft' is? Do you send an email to whoever's turn it is?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It automatically emails you when it's your turn.

If you have notifications turned on for the draft you'll get an email every time someone makes a pick.

Then when it's your turn, log in (app or site) and go to the DRAFT ROOM and make your pick.

Or: Edit your pre-draft list and it'll autoselect your top guy if he's available. http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=79286&O=52

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Ok, thanks. I think I have that all set up.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Considering selling my 2nd 2 -- 2.03. Any offers?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We are live.

MFL changed where the draft is actually done, so I created a lovely 9 second link to the actual draft location.

You can also get there under "FOR OWNERS->DRAFT"

But I made a link because it's easier to see all the info in one spot for me.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Zauper posted:

Considering selling my 2nd 2 -- 2.03. Any offers?

you looking for a player or a future pick?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Stevie Lee posted:

you looking for a player or a future pick?

Yes? Potentially either. I don't really have anything in mind.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Zauper posted:

Yes? Potentially either. I don't really have anything in mind.

Got any interest in Devontae Booker on a $2 salary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I turned on emails for draft notifications for a few of you guys. You didn't even have it on for "alert me when it's my turn to pick" so I did that for you.