Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The safe bet would be heterochromia but I feel like murder and emoji speak also have a decent chance of showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

We do hit a bingo eventually - but where? Place your bets!

Given what's happened in this game and the last horrible Pokemon game you played, I am confident we are this close to seeing someone speak with emotes if tildes are acceptable punctuation. There's also, you know, whatever that was in Mr. Lookit-Me-I'm-A-Creepypasta's gym.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
I've got a good(?) feeling that the top row will get filled in at some point. Maybe not the first completed, but eventually.

Also I've got a vague recollection of seeing emojis pop up at some point, though I can't say for certain. Might just be that someone who seems like they would toss emoji's in speech if possible already showed up.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I could've sworn Julia already used emoji in her speech.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
How about "several in one update"? Is that a bet?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Do Pokemon names count for the "truely precious" square? Because "Deliverance" the Lapras has to fit the bill.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is how we are presently:

We're totally getting emoji and heterochromia eventually. No idea about what'll give us a bingo though.

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

Aithon posted:

I can't believe the Reborn forums invented Cinema Sins but for fangames. :v:

Wait, I got something wrong. He stopped doing that around 8 months ago before moving onto something else, and he didn't do it nearly as often as I thought he did. Still didn't stop him from saying stuff like this, though.

quote:

Well, before I go to pick up Ultra Moon, let's rig on Insurgence one more time. However, this one will not be about a bug or a glitch. Oh no, this will be about something Suze knew he did, and he should be sent to the Shadow Realm for.

Now, we all know that many games, like Pokémon, sometimes put items in spots you can only reach later on in the game. Now, there's nothing wrong with this, hell I personally love when they do that. However... In Insurgence, there are two moments where the item in question (if it even is an item and not just looks like it to "troll" cheaters/hackers) is completely unreachable. And those Items just sit there, taunting you. Knowing the Insurgence dev's they won't even be real items, but that only makes it worse! Why taunt players with something they can't obtain? Most of the problems Insurgence has can be fixed by one of the devs actually patching the game, still won't fix that the devs have an attitude but then that won't be as much of an issue. But this? There's no loving excuse for it

I myself just went "Oh, I can't get it? Oh, it's a joke. Oh well."

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Was this guy not around for the Truck Rumor, I'd figure those inaccessible places was a reference to all the RB Rumors about getting Mews and "Pikablu"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

feel like there's something a little glass house-y about trying to dunk on a guy annoyed at a pokemon fangame in this of all threads

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Eh, maybe he shouldn't be ragging on a fangame for "Why taunt players with something they can't obtain?" When Reborn "sells" you a Magikarp early on only to steal it right away. At least we have the excuse of ragging on a poo poo fangame on a forum that isn't directly associated with another fangame.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

That remind's me, are there any counters to the Dragon Rage/Moxie Combo? (AKA, the reason why this Crap with Magikarp is happening in the first place)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

F14m3rz posted:

If I remember correctly, while Gen V and below are normal sprites, while Gen VI and above are custom sprites done by Amethyst's team. I remember from Jackal's playthrough on the Temple of Kraden forum, when he made fun of Espurr's sprite.

All I could think was

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

Randalor posted:

Eh, maybe he shouldn't be ragging on a fangame for "Why taunt players with something they can't obtain?" When Reborn "sells" you a Magikarp early on only to steal it right away. At least we have the excuse of ragging on a poo poo fangame on a forum that isn't directly associated with another fangame.

Well... at least you can eventually get Magikarp, when Amethyst finally decides that you're at a point where it's not "OP" anymore. I think he's just talking about an item you can never get, period. Most of his complaints stem from the game having numerous glitches, despite being in a "1.xx" state, where it should be "finished" or "fully released to an extent".

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
We've definitely had "Murder". And the orphanage stuff with the unnecessary forced ECT definitely counts as "False imprisonment". But have we really not seen a character with heterochromia yet? Even if we haven't... it somehow feels like we have. You know what I mean?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Probably gonna be Murder and Emoji that'll get us the bingo. Or Heterochromia.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
We've definitely had murder - both because of the terrorists and because Ame tortures some dude to death with a Torkoal.

Does Cain count for sex crimes?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That's a mediocre Espurr sprite, but I mean, Espurr's design is pretty bland and uninspired to begin with.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

espurr's sprite is mediocre at worst. if it stands out—which I don't think it does, frankly—that's only because all the other custom sprites are so good

a shame about the rest of the game

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Elephant Parade posted:

espurr's sprite is mediocre at worst. if it stands out—which I don't think it does, frankly—that's only because all the other custom sprites are so good

a shame about the rest of the game

I think that's one of the things that gets to me about this game. There's so much work done with the sprites (mostly the Pokemon but some of trainers aren't half bad), it's a shame they had to show up in a game like this.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I refuse to believe we haven't encountered a gratuitous emoji usage somewhere yet.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

There's no way we're getting out of this without heterochromia. The middle row seems like a safe bet, too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

We're definitely not getting the middle row or right column, if we were going to have "lots of blood" the guy getting decapitated by a pokemon on a big monitor would've been a lot messier.

I would've sworn we'd already had Emoji, and are you only counting "Murder" if it's a confirmed, specific kill on-screen? Rather than bombing a train and killing a bunch of people in it, for example.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

DeafNote posted:

Solaris (his writers) must think they're some edgy hot trainer for directing their attacks towards humans.
When this happens all the time in the manga and with certain villains in the show.

And yet it still feels dumb here.

I used to RP a lot when I was younger, and breaking the clear rules of the RP-universe in order to win a fight would not be allowed in any normal community. Other players would contact an admin who would tell you to change your post and not do it again or you'd be kicked. I've been in situations where people kept insisting they totally dodged and countered in some impossible way to the point where a fight ended up in a complete stalemate, because there was nothing I could do that wouldn't get us both killed, and I finally had to drag a moderator in to tell them to knock it off and stop godmoding.

It's possible they okayed it with the other players in advance, but I think 'hey is it cool if I completely ignore a POKEMON BATTLE in this POKEMON RP and just attack your human character to auto-win' wouldn't go down too well even if your justification was 'because I'm EEEEEVILLLLL'.

As for bingo, we've absolutely had emoji and I would argue that most of these characters are self-insert Mary Sues. (And of course Raven is named for the greatest one of all.) And obviously murder, the death toll is ridiculous right now. Same for false imprisonment. Chances are pretty high we've had heterochromia too, even if it's probably on someone with hair over one eye so you can't really tell, or a random shiny sprite. Does Mr Creepypasta count for vampirism? He looks the type. We're also absolutely going to hit 'Japanese Culture' at some point, I'm surprised we haven't run into a lolita or insane anime person already. I'm expecting to hit Sex Crimes too, sadly.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Black Robe posted:

I've been in situations where people kept insisting they totally dodged and countered in some impossible way to the point where a fight ended up in a complete stalemate, because there was nothing I could do that wouldn't get us both killed

Yes, yes, we've all played Exalted.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

We definitely already have false imprisonment (the entire orphanage "subplot" is exactly that) and self-insert Mary Sue is only just avoided by Ame doing nothing so far, though I 1000% expect her to be the Champion. Murder has also happened a non-zero amount of time since it was the first thing that happened in-game what with the train being blown the gently caress up.

I coulda swore Cain was heterochromatic but checking back we genuinely have no way of telling because half the goddamn cast only has one eye visible.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

yeah also didn't something happen with a machoke just straight up knifing some dude, I'd say we've bingo'd already

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i love this bingo idea nd I for real thought the boom boom lady had some emojis.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ahem

At least the squares involving sex stuff arn't checked off.

It has been summoned. I am not sorry

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dragonatrix posted:

We definitely already have false imprisonment (the entire orphanage "subplot" is exactly that) and self-insert Mary Sue is only just avoided by Ame doing nothing so far, though I 1000% expect her to be the Champion. Murder has also happened a non-zero amount of time since it was the first thing that happened in-game what with the train being blown the gently caress up.

I coulda swore Cain was heterochromatic but checking back we genuinely have no way of telling because half the goddamn cast only has one eye visible.

I wouldn't count the orphanage plot as false imprisonment purely because they went to the effort of reciting the entire act of law which gives them authority to imprison orphans. It's not right what they're doing, but they technically have authority to keep the kids.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
False Imprisonment also feels like a square that should be checked off if it happens to Raven, not some other characters.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

McTimmy posted:

False Imprisonment also feels like a square that should be checked off if it happens to Raven, not some other characters.

Didn't we get caught in some kind of stupid net trap thing a while back and either Fern or Cain (gently caress if I can remember which rear end in a top hat is which) had to let us out? While we were looking for cops or something?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think false imprisonment is supposed to be getting say framed for something and then put in jail rather than being captured by the bad guys/random traps.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I was going by the vaguely legal definition, and getting caught in a net would count.

I've been trying to work out how to "balance" a bingo card. One thing that I came up with is to put items of a similar kind on a diagonal line so that you don't have more than one of those things in the same bingo. That diagonal line is all crimes: murder, suicide, false imprisonment, sex crimes. In hindsight there should be a fifth crime in the bottom left corner so that all possible bingos have a crime in them. Not all the diagonals in this card have a theme, though, so don't expect consistency.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

What the gently caress I was 100% certain we've seen heterochromia already.

...but no we haven't. Having skimmed through all of the updates this is the one thing that hasn't really popped up. I've even had to double check on people we fought in the Reborn Wiki, but no. I am actually shocked.

You did kinda miss "japanese culture", there was the pseudo-japanese grafitti on the wall when we were going after Scrafty Gang.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Does 'murder' have to specifically be tied to the plot or will the images in Ghostdude's gym check that box?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I mean if getting caught by anyone or anything counts as 'false imprisonment' then it's kind of a bad square since that happens in basically 99% of stories in games.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McTimmy posted:

But by that logic murder only counts if we do it or someone kills us!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I have been thinking about the bingo card a lot and have found a lot of problems with it. The false imprisonment being a bad square is a valid concern and it adds to the other issues I have been thinking about.

When I made this card I just thought of 25 things which appear commonly in edgy fics and then arranged them in the tiles using a little bit of my diagonal logic. Next time I have a completely different approach.

I need to think of 5 themes which, when combined, would create an edgy fic but which aren't sufficient of themselves to make one.

1. Terrible Aesthetics
2. Bad Fanfic Writing Techniques
3. Heinous Crimes.
4. Reasons why my character is super special.
5. "big issues" that get addressed

Then I think of 5 examples of each of these themes and arrange them strictly using my diagonal logic so that each possible bingo contains one example of each theme.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Didn't we get a ton of blood from the impact site of the trainer who committed suicide? That was miraculously cleaned off the walls when spoopy ghost trainer claimed his corpse for whatever idiotic reason? (Did we ever get a resolution to that?)