Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Last Chance posted:

lol does that mean there's an echo chamber subreddit that people egg each other on to kill themselves?

/r/timetogo

Bip Roberts posted:

who the heck postpones suicide for a western produced godzilla?

I mean theyve got to step up the marketing to compete with the thousands of marvel posts on reddit everyday I guess? :shrug:

Away all Goats posted:

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Good bot

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

/r/PoliticalHumor is just the dumbest #resistance-level weaksauce poo poo that my liberal grandma forwards me. it's populated by people who think comparing trump to voldemort is a sick burn in TYOOL 2018

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

goethe.cx posted:

/r/PoliticalHumor is just the dumbest #resistance-level weaksauce poo poo that my liberal grandma forwards me. it's populated by people who think comparing trump to voldemort is a sick burn in TYOOL 2018

Well yeah, Voldemorts like really smart and skinny are two obvious discrepancies that break the comparison I can think of

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Scaramouche posted:

Well yeah, Voldemorts like really smart and skinny are two obvious discrepancies that break the comparison I can think of

Voldemort is the one getting burned.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

*holds up spork*

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

^ugh.

I keep getting called a "kid" or "child" on Reddit, which is an insult only a child would use. Very depressing to learn you're arguing with someone who was born when you were about 25 years old.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gbs but from 2004 posted:

This dude posted about setting a date to kill himself, but wanting to see the new Godzilla movie

Then some other dude comments telling him he should try living a little first and recommends... kdrama, anime and csgo :shrug:

Our suicide dude isnt so easily tempted by the finer things in life though:

:shrug:

"May 31st, 2019. That is when I plan to CTB. "

CTB ?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

catch the bus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt.suicide.holiday

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

swims posted:

Good bot

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Im so glad the closest thing we ever get to literal robots posting on the forums is a Dare or Gurf thread

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

+3.4k

Jesus loving Christ

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

goethe.cx posted:

Our era is pathetic.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Redditors are first against the wall

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
it broke (good)

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

gbs but from 2004 posted:

+3.4k

Jesus loving Christ

:butt:ill you be joining the fellowship?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

r/AgainstHateSubreddits posted:

/r/transgenderkids should be a place where young people or their parents could go for questions, support, and advice about gender dysphoria, transitioning, and living as a transgender person. Instead, it is another hateful gendercritical subreddit that pushes transphobia and denies the existence of transgender people.

The top moderator of /r/transgenderkids is a moderator of /r/gendercritical. The other two moderators are mods of /r/HomosexualWomen (a trans-exclusionary subreddit) and /r/gendercriticalguys respectively. The sidebar "resources" are not resources for people with gender dysphoria, they are links to transphobic TERF propaganda.

This subreddit is the online equivalent of a fake abortion clinic that only offers religious counseling and no medical services. TERFs going after kids and their parents is a new low. This subreddit is clearly a predatory "honey trap" designed to catch normal people seeking information and feed them transphobic propaganda.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I found gendercritical the other day, it's my new favorite Reddit that's not about Star Trek or cute animals. Come at me.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

thylacine posted:

I found gendercritical the other day, it's my new favorite Reddit that's not about Star Trek or cute animals. Come at me.

Hello, Dr. Peterson

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

What a load of garbage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/transgenderkids/comments/93lu7c/best_way_to_support_my_child/

top commenter 'iraqiveteran1488' posted:

As a parent, one of your harshest responsibilities is to provide your child with hard truths (despite wanting to cushion their feelings and coddling them, enabling delusions).

I don't know all the specifics of your situation, but this online help group for parents in similar situations to yours might be a valuable resource :

https://www.parentsofrogdkids.com/

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

poor frog kids.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I want to tell this to everyone on reddit

https://twitter.com/ronfunches/status/1024873892467240960?s=21

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

thylacine posted:

I don't come at monkey's I train em OH SNAP

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

MageMage posted:

I don't come at monkey's I train em OH SNAP

Try making good posts some time

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

The only good post is to never post.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

MageMage posted:

The only good post is to never post.

That's my suggestion for you

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

dudeness posted:

:butt:ill you be joining the fellowship?

:five:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

So anybody have anything interesting to post about reddit or are these goons gonna keep whippin' their lil peeps around?

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

madmatt112 posted:

So anybody have anything interesting to post about reddit or are these goons gonna keep whippin' their lil peeps around?

Uh, I found out today that most of the active mods on r/legaladvice arent actually lawyers or law students or even amateur law enthusiasts, but cops instead. One of the cop mods there deleted the text of a post about police officers shooting a service dog, and also deleted a lot of replies to it to. This was all posted in the anti-cop subreddit, and now the mod is in there arguing with people.

Looking through the post histories of the mods is a little disconcerting, lots of thin blue line stuff and offense at even the slightest of insults towards police officers. Makes me wonder how many people in r/legaladvice were given intentionally bad legal advice to make law enforcements job easier.

Also makes me a wonder if I should seek a second opinion on all this blood I keep coughing up, r/medicaladvice told me to not to worry about it but they share an uncomfortable number of mods with r/funeraladvice.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

That's my suggestion for you

Sid Vicious posted:

:hmmyes:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I've never seen you post anything but anger at people not sharing your exact specific viewpoints on trans issues and also I guess you're a racist

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

I've never seen you post anything but anger at people not sharing your exact specific viewpoints on trans issues and also I guess you're a racist

Did you just come here to poo poo things up? Start talking about reddit or something. Shut up.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

so just extreme anger irrespective of trans stuff

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I would have thought advocating for the volcano for all TERFs would be a fairly universally held opinion no matter where you lie on the political spectrum.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

so just extreme anger irrespective of trans stuff

They're seriously terrible

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

learnincurve posted:

I would have thought advocating for the volcano for all TERFs would be a fairly universally held opinion no matter where you lie on the political spectrum.

do you have any idea how hard it is to find a volcano that only burns people with XY chromosomes

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

do you have any idea how hard it is to find a volcano that only burns people with XY chromosomes

drat, I guess were going to have to start testing people's chromosomes. When was your last chromosome test?

(The joke is nobody knows what their chromosomes are, nobody tests for it yet everything thinks its always XX=vagina and XY=penis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

MageMage posted:

drat, I guess were going to have to start testing people's chromosomes. When was your last chromosome test?

You seem to have an extra one