Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It has been forever since I actually played X3 but I played it a ton back in the day and remember liking it and at least doing everything in it (including getting the hidden stuff).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I bought Yakuza 0 last night and it's fun.

Thank you for reading my post.

I pre-ordered it but won't be home to play it until Sunday :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evo hype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm pretty sure the source of them is a neighboring apartment at this point. Not leaving food out and keeping traps means I'm down to seeing like, one a week instead of a never ending stream of them though. Took a while for the traps to work unfortunately.

We got ours from some organic seeds I am pretty sure. The glue traps work but I keep finding the odd moth in random rooms and wonder where they come from...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I have been completely oblivious to Yakuza 0 on PC being only $20 and I feel shameful for not immediately buying it because I assumed it would cost more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

We got ours from some organic seeds I am pretty sure. The glue traps work but I keep finding the odd moth in random rooms and wonder where they come from...

I had a poo poo load of moths a few years ago and only got a handle on them by moving. Now i put the glue traps for the odd stragglers that manage to reach maturity, 1 or 2 show up every few months popping out of whatever coat managed to avoid going to the dry cleaner, but im not seeing like every garment i own wriggling with larvae and moths flying around constantly like that one time i decided to clean the winter closet at my old place yeesh my skin is still crawling

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Relax Or DIE posted:

I hope everyone is getting hype to watch EVO this weekend

For Puyo Puyo Tetris and Catherine, and to a lesser extent Tekken 7, yes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I had to restart my Valkyrie Profile file, because I went ahead and read up about it and discovered that I’d been putting a bunch of my skill points into skills that don’t actually do anything useful (Find Trap does not actually let you find traps, etc.). And apparently Hard is the easiest difficulty setting and Easy the hardest because of the way the game takes away content depending on the difficulty level.

Good game though, I’m actually fine with restarting.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Moths, ants, spiders, whatever I can handle those but I will straight up move if I ever encounter a beg bug. Someone brought them into my fiancees old apartment building and they eventually made their way into her apartment and it was a nightmare. She barely noticed them because they didn't go for her with me sleeping in the same bed, I would get welts from their bites that would itch for days and hurt. And then doing some reading up on them and ugggggh they're horrible little parasites. It was a real shame because I liked that apartment too, I hope the scummy landlord eventually had the place gassed and no one else had to deal with them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I had to restart my Valkyrie Profile file, because I went ahead and read up about it and discovered that I’d been putting a bunch of my skill points into skills that don’t actually do anything useful (Find Trap does not actually let you find traps, etc.). And apparently Hard is the easiest difficulty setting and Easy the hardest because of the way the game takes away content depending on the difficulty level.

Good game though, I’m actually fine with restarting.

I'd actually say normal is the easiest difficulty for a newbie. Hard is only easier if you have enough system mastery

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Moths, ants, spiders, whatever I can handle those but I will straight up move if I ever encounter a beg bug. Someone brought them into my fiancees old apartment building and they eventually made their way into her apartment and it was a nightmare. She barely noticed them because they didn't go for her with me sleeping in the same bed, I would get welts from their bites that would itch for days and hurt. And then doing some reading up on them and ugggggh they're horrible little parasites. It was a real shame because I liked that apartment too, I hope the scummy landlord eventually had the place gassed and no one else had to deal with them.

I listened to this story on This American Life and was completely freaked out for a long time

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Moths, ants, spiders, whatever I can handle those but I will straight up move if I ever encounter a beg bug.

Bed bugs are parasites and very tenacious. This is reasonable imo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have had to deal with bed bugs and it was like a two year long process that literally cost thousands of dollars and oh god it was THE loving WORST thing. Bedbugs have this distinct musty smell to them and whenever I smell anything that reminds me of that I freak the gently caress out.

Also moving does not necessarily help with bed bugs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm honestly not even sure what there is to like about it at this point I'm only trying to finish it out sheer spite

why do you do this saku

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I listened to this story on This American Life and was completely freaked out for a long time

In a previous apartment bed bugs moved over from the apartment next door and it is, no exaggeration, one of the worst things that's ever happened to me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

why do you do this saku

Stubbornness is my only attribute

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

stubbornness doesn't have to mean finishing multiple video games you don't like out of spite!!!

you are spiting nobody by doing this but your own time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You beat the game or the game beats you

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

much like bed bugs actually

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

thread bugs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They gave terry huge tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFC4M36IWSE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Give the woman bigger muscles

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

She seems as surprised as us

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

Give the woman bigger muscles
But then the otaku would be intimidated by a woman that could kick their rear end. Can't have that.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

7 too-long hell-world earth days until i can log on and send dinosaurs to hell with my cat!!!!!!!!!!!!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If SNK Heroines turns out to be even half decent, I will be shocked.

I think even if it's amazing it manages to surpass my already higher than it should be "too embarrassing to play" threshold

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

glam rock hamhock posted:

If SNK Heroines turns out to be even half decent, I will be shocked.
It won't be, I've played it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Accordion Man posted:

But then the otaku would be intimidated by a woman that could kick their rear end.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There is so much blushing in that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it looks sooooo ugly and apparently plays like crap so Im hoping SNK announces something cooler soon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

stubbornness doesn't have to mean finishing multiple video games you don't like out of spite!!!

you are spiting nobody by doing this but your own time

Serious post, it's probably not actually that bad though I definitely enjoyed the first two games more, it's just obviously a notch above my usual skill level and that infuriates me no end to the point where I feel like I have to beat it to prove something to myself, especially when I only have like two or three stages left. If it was genuinely just a bad game I would drop it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Accordion Man posted:

It won't be, I've played it.

I really like the idea of SNK going back and making an all female fighting game (something I don't think they've done since the Neo Geo pocket) but man everything about that game seems not very good. From the simplified controls (even more so than arcsys' recent efforts) to the tiny roster to the just obvious emphasis on fanservice over everything else to the "it was barely tolerated with the last KOF and that only got away with it because it was actually a good game" graphics it just all looks bad.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

In Training posted:

it looks sooooo ugly and apparently plays like crap so Im hoping SNK announces something cooler soon.

*monkey paw curls one finger*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

But then the otaku would be intimidated by a woman that could kick their rear end. Can't have that.

plenty of fairly popular things have buff girls so this strawman doesnt really make sense, it seems more indicative of the artist's own tastes than any kind of audience trends or preferences, furthermore SNK has always had an extremely sizable female fanbase

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

I really like the idea of SNK going back and making an all female fighting game (something I don't think they've done since the Neo Geo pocket) but man everything about that game seems not very good. From the simplified controls (even more so than arcsys' recent efforts) to the tiny roster to the just obvious emphasis on fanservice over everything else to the "it was barely tolerated with the last KOF and that only got away with it because it was actually a good game" graphics it just all looks bad.
Yeah, it does rather suck because SNK does have enough good female characters to make a non-skeezy all lady fighter. Hell, my best characters throughout the KOFs and games likes SNK Battle Coliseum and CVS2 are Mai, Athena, and Yuri.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all of this said the game doesnt look very good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

*monkey paw curls one finger*

My biggest gaming disappointment this year was going from seeing tweets about "Hey there's Command and Conquer logos at E3" to fifteen minutes later seeing "Oh hey did you want a C&C mobile game"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the best part of snk heroines has been the slip-up with nis assuming that it was going to be switch exclusive and then snk having to tell that it is not, switch exclusive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the best part of snk heroines has been the slip-up with nis assuming that it was going to be switch exclusive and then snk having to tell that it is not, switch exclusive
the ongoing saga of nis loving up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Also moving does not necessarily help with bed bugs

Yeah, I read up on how they can hide in electronics and other non-clothing/bedding stuff. I was almost ready to buy a giant tent thing that you can put items in and it will heat them up to right above the temperature that bedbugs and eggs die at, but not get hot enough to damage electronics or other fragile items. Luckily, her lease was almost up and she was planning on moving in with me anyway, so we only had to deal with them for about 2 months and even that short time was too much to deal with.

• Locked thread