Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

OgreNoah posted:

I love how Annie gets angry in response to this ridiculous threat instead of scared.

Haha, same.

Loup speaking about Ysengrin in the present tense, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Hempuli posted:

Loup's teeth have teeth!

Also Loup's eyes have teeth!!

Giving a whole new meaning to eyeteeth.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm pretty sure the stick isn't an option on this trip

Dunno. Jimmy Jims looks like the type that wouldn't care about the politics getting in the way of rescuing someone he cares about.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Iceclaw posted:

Dunno. Jimmy Jims looks like the type that wouldn't care about the politics getting in the way of rescuing someone he cares about.

Nothing to do with politics. Jimmy Jims has his hands full and was very clear that he couldn't even spare Parley as Annie's protection. Additionally, he and Annie only barely escaped from Ysengrin last time and now she's face to face with a god. Even if he did come there's not much he could do to help. Annie's on her own here.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Darth TNT posted:

I feel like you're the perfect guy to ask. Does it count as a threesome if 2 of the participants are spliced together into 1 being?
I hope so, otherwise I've got some bucket list to redo.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Annie doesn't even look afraid, she looks like "geez man cool your freaking jets"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

catapede posted:

Haha, same.

Loup speaking about Ysengrin in the present tense, I see.

That's usually a thing with fusions, at least in Steven Universe.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

PubicMice posted:

Methinks the doggo doth protest too much.

Maybe, maybe not.

Count the front ones too, it's an odd number so idkwtf is going on anymore.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it hasn't been consistent a single time so i'm gonna keep on calling art gaffe until it's properly lampshaded, at which point i call art gaffe the other way

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm going with "most of these panels are too abstract/representational to bother with counting teeth, but that one big 'my name is Loup' panel was specifically intended to be detailed and literal enough to draw that tooth gap as an unimportant hint and reminder" All my chips down on that square.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 1, 2018

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

That overused butterfly meme, with "not depicting all details in stylized art" and "Is this an art gaffe?"

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Mraagvpeine posted:

That's usually a thing with fusions, at least in Steven Universe.

My point is that it seems like an interesting way to talk about Ysengrin when Loup claims Ys is dead (unless this is also common with fusions; I have no idea and have yet to watch Steven Universe).

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It is interesting. Loup spent a number of pages talking about Coyote's desires in the past tense but when it came to an important thing to Ys he goes present tense.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Ditocoaf posted:

I'm going with "most of these panels are too abstract/representational to bother with counting teeth, but that one big 'my name is Loup' panel was specifically intended to be detailed and literal enough to draw that tooth gap as an unimportant hint and reminder" All my chips down on that square.

Except counting the teeth lines up on that and the tooth Coyote pulled for the sword was a top tooth, not a bottom one, different sides of the mouth too.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Ys himslef may be dead, but some of Ysengrin's feelings can be referred to in the present tense: Loup has Ysengrin's love for Annie, and recognizes that. His love for Coyote was referred to in past tense because there's no longer a Coyote to love.

Brightman posted:

the tooth Coyote pulled for the sword was a top tooth, not a bottom one, different sides of the mouth too.

Ah, fair point. I may be wrong.

(Too bad I said I put all my chips down, then. I might lose them all!)

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 1, 2018

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's funny because you should be right, there absolutely should be some signposting somewhere with all these gaping mouths to remind people who aren't crazy about the coyote tooth

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

trickster dog god would totally pretend tooth was irreplaceable and then grow it back anyway

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Ditocoaf posted:

Ys himslef may be dead, but some of Ysengrin's feelings can be referred to in the present tense: Loup has Ysengrin's love for Annie, and recognizes that. His love for Coyote was referred to in past tense because there's no longer a Coyote to love.

Ooo yes, good point and another interesting way to look at it.

Tooth convo: Coyote had already replaced that tooth here https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=686

Unless Coyote has been consistently drawn missing that tooth when he goes bony, I think the teeth here are a style choice.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

OgreNoah posted:

I love how Annie gets angry in response to this ridiculous threat instead of scared.

She's used to putting up with this kind of bullshit!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Time for spankies.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Ysengrin becomes infuriated at the spankies, though! :ohdear:

But maybe with all this "Antimony, my love!" stuff Loup would be more like

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ditocoaf posted:

I wonder if feelings stay in the Ether.

Also Annie is not defenseless in this conversation - she can put up a fight with her fire elemental side, we've seen her do this to the Elf Dude during the freeing of Jeanne. She'd still probably lose to Loup, mind you, but if she doesn't intend to take him down, she could at least buy herself some time to escape.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Annie is an untrained fragment of a fire elemental, Loup is one god and one vicious murderer meshed together, this is absolutely one sided

Also, this is a talky comic, not a fighty comic, they're just going to have a chat, as always.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I didn't see this on Tom's twitter, but it looks like the softcover of Volume 5 is coming out at the end of the year. I found it last night looking through the Previews magazine they sell at comic book stores:
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG181388

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhSxrs-Q7WA

Tom is streaming Vol 7 cover artwork.

Edit: Mort doodles!

Worthleast fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 2, 2018

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Worthleast posted:

Edit: Mort doodles!

Oh, I was going to ask if he was drawing dick butts.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Mortbutt

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Loup you're being creepy. Stop.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, Annie is getting roped into staying with Loup with threats against her loved ones, and she's also owed her life to the Psychopomps.

How did that legend about being under conflicting geas go again...

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I encountered this page about an hour after talking (while drunk) to an acquaintance (who was drunk) about certain... terrible attitudes he had towards women.

I probably won't be on good terms with said acquaintance in the near future, unless he figures some poo poo out pretty severely after sobering up, and then metaphorically sobering up.

Anyway, I found this page especially amusing and poignant because of circumstances.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
They have shield he can't penetrate.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

Yeah, but they can't come and get her.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Wow. Way to make it not weird, Loup.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Emotional pain is still pain Loup. You've semanticed your way into a corner here.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Darth TNT posted:

Given the context... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8p1PPjht-I&t=5s

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I like Annie in the first panel.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Loup's mane in the last panel looks like waves, dousing Annie's fire/motivation

Guess she's staying.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Annie won’t make it back to live with her dad? What an unforeseen consequence! :monocle:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Demiurge4 posted:

Annie won’t make it back to live with her dad? What an unforeseen consequence! :monocle:

Don't worry, she's still got her Wolfdad, the dad who REALLY loves her :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Set him on fire and run.

Demiurge4 posted:

Annie won't make it back to live with her dad? What an unforeseen consequence! :monocle:

I predicted this would happen, but now I kind of hope it doesn't, because Loup has stopped being fun creepy and has now become uncomfortable creepy.