Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Trump-Putin summit in Helsinki – The two leaders have met for highly sensitive private talks in Finland"

The composition is an homage to this famous image of Lenin delivering a speech - Moscow, 1920, Theatre Square

(NB image famously later edited to remove Trotsky and Kamenev)

edit: colourized version!

Mousepractice fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mousepractice posted:

The composition is an homage to this famous image of Lenin delivering a speech - Moscow, 1920, Theatre Square

(NB image famously later edited to remove Trotsky and Kamenev)

edit: colourized version!

Great info, thank you.

Guardian:

"Peter Schrank on Theresa May and the pressure over Brexit – The prime minister avoided all-out Tory civil war and the wrath of the Eurosceptic wing of the party less than 24 hours after she capitulated to concessions that they believed had killed off her Chequers plan"

Telegraph:

Swimmers warned over 9ft blue shark in St Ives, Cornwall

Independent:

Times:

After Grant Wood.

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on… Sharks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Good core strength from that kid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the two faces of Donald Trump – US president’s recent press performances have featured a number of contradictory statements"

Telegraph:

Independent:

May hangs on as Johnson condemns Brexit plan in speech After Geoffrey Howe.

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit: Raab and Barnier meet as EU steps up no-deal warnings

Mail:
Mac on... Cliff Richard

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Dominic Raab in Brussels – The EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, has welcomed Dominic Raab to Brussels with a thinly veiled critique of Theresa May’s Chequers plan and a 13-week deadline in which to solve the problem of the Irish border"

Telegraph:

The dramatic effect of the UK heatwave

Independent:

Ireland open to new proposal on Brexit border

Times:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout review: Tom Cruise remains a pneumatic treat

Evening Standard:

Trump Putin: Incredulity as Russian leader is invited to visit US

Mail:
Mac on... the police

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump's relationship with Vladimir Putin – Donald Trump has asked his administration to formally invite Russian president Vladimir Putin to visit Washington later this year, the White House announced on Thursday" After Manet.

Telegraph:

Theresa May says EU must 'evolve' its Brexit position

Independent:

After Van Dyck.

The i paper:

Sir David Attenborough urges British public to join butterfly count

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"All behind you, Boris Johnson – After the foreign secretary’s resignation, Chris Riddell gives his own take on David Low’s famous cartoon of Winston Churchill"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Barnier dismisses Theresa May's Brexit white paper demands

Sunday Times:

Jacob Rees-Mogg says UK is heading for no-deal Brexit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hmm the cartoonist didnt really think this one through on a geographical level

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are chalk cliffs in Normandy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

goatface posted:

There are chalk cliffs in Normandy.

i feel dumb now thanks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're welcome.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a no-deal Brexit – Jacob Rees-Mogg has said Britain is heading for a no-deal exit from the EU, and that leaving on World Trade Organisation (WTO) terms is now likely"

Telegraph:

UK may refuse to pay £39bn divorce bill without trade deal - Raab

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

when you're caraicature is so good that you need to draw it wearing an ID badge

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's Brexit roadshow – Theresa May intended to use a visit to the north-east to defend Brexit proposals that polls suggested were deeply unpopular with Conservative supporters and the public at large"

Telegraph:

No-deal Brexit risks 'civil unrest', warns Amazon's UK boss

Independent:

UK government criticised over change in death penalty stance on Isis pair

Times:

Hodge stands by comments accusing Corbyn of antisemitism

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on… :sun: Britain’s heatwave :supaburn:

‘Is it just me or does this ice cream taste funny?’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on the UK heatwave, Theresa May and Brexit – Theresa May has taken back control of crucial negotiations with Brussels from her new Brexit secretary just hours after the government published its white paper on withdrawing from the EU"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Editorial: The referendum gave sovereignty to the British people, so now they deserve a final say on the Brexit deal

Times:

Home Secretary Sajid Javid grilled over Isis 'Beatles' US trial where London pair could face death penalty

Evening Standard:

Raab admits planning to secure food supply for no-deal Brexit

Mail:
Mac on... Man's best friend

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jacob Rees-Mogg and the impacts of Brexit – A second investment fund has been set up in Ireland by the City firm co-founded by Jacob Rees-Mogg, after it warned about the dangers of the sort of hard Brexit favoured by the Tory MP" Partially after Caravaggio.

Telegraph:

Trump and EU officials agree to work toward 'zero tariff' deal; Juncker's spokesperson hits back at 'insulting' allegations that the European Commission President was drunk at NATO summit after video showed him stumbling and swaying

Independent:

Trump's 'pay with cash' offer on Cohen tape could spell fresh peril for president

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Brexit negotiations

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit bafflement in the heatwave – As the sun continues to beat down on weary Brits, the government admits it is planning to secure food supply for a no-deal Brexit, while a Tory MEP says the Treason Act should cover ‘extreme EU loyalty’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Imran Khan claims victory in Pakistan elections

Evening Standard:

Lunar eclipse 2018: when to see the blood moon – and the science behind it

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

This is hilarious if you imagine the cat hosed up that police station.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sabcat :3:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on parliamentary recess – The PM tried to get rid of parliament a few days early, but couldn’t muster the votes. There was so much bad news to bury, it would have been easier to scuttle off sooner: nothing is good news for her these days"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Dali.

The i paper:

Times:

Theresa May in Austria in attempt to revive Chequers Brexit plan

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Dominic Raab, Theresa May's little helper – The prime minister has her leather-clad Brexit secretary just where she wants him – on the end of a chain"

Independent on Sunday:

Fake news 'crowding out' real news, MPs say

Sunday Times:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
What the actual gently caress is up with Putin's nipples in the first picture? That has to be the cartoonist's fetish right?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

ookiimarukochan posted:

What the actual gently caress is up with Putin's nipples in the first picture? That has to be the cartoonist's fetish right?

Dunno, but someone in the other thread had some fun with them.

ryonguy posted:

All I could think of.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on ads during the Brexit campaign – Key Brexit figures planned to pump out pro-leave ads to millions of voters the day after Jo Cox was murdered in 2016, despite an agreement by all sides to suspend campaigning"

Telegraph:

No 10 deny plan for Army role in 'no deal' Brexit

Independent:

Geraint Thomas seals maiden Tour de France title with Paris procession

Times:

Scroll Free September aims to wean us off social media After Kaa.

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Corbyn hit by fresh fury over Labour anti-Semitism row after second MP threatened with disciplinary action

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on ministers selling Brexit – A series of ministers are to head across Europe this week as the government embarks on a summer spent trying to sell Theresa May’s Brexit strategy to individual EU leaders, while simultaneously keeping sceptical Tory activists on side" Also The Beano at 80: How a British institution is keeping the kids chuckling

Telegraph:

Corbyn ally says 'Jewish Trump fanatics making up' antisemitism claims

Independent:

Jeremy Hunt makes 'terrible' gaffe about his wife in China

Times:

Zimbabwe election: tensions rise amid vote rigging fears

Evening Standard:

Trump’s latest tirade suggests he is moving closer to firing Mueller

Mail:
MAC on... Trains being left without drivers

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
God that Rowson is fantastic. :allears:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Labour party – The Labour party is under growing pressure to reconsider its decision not to formally discipline one of Jeremy Corbyn’s allies after he accused Jewish ‘Trump fanatics’ of making up allegations of antisemitism in the party"

Telegraph:

Northern Rail: 75% of cancelled services restored as Andy Burnham calls for Chris Grayling to resign

Independent:

Trump offer to meet Iran president Rouhani dismissed by both sides

Times:

Evening Standard:

May cuts short holiday for Brexit talks with Macron Wikipedia: Fort de Brégançon

Mail:
MAC on... MPs saying firms can bury nuclear waste under national parks

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on May's Brexit meeting with Macron – Theresa May is cutting short her summer break in Italy to meet the French president, Emmanuel Macron, to try to persuade him to soften his approach to Brexit" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Tommy Robinson freed on bail as court orders retrial

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

'Amorous Pink Knight': Unseen Monty Python sketches revealed

Mail:
MAC on... how we're all addicted to our phones

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the failings of David Cameron's youth project – Councils have said funding should be shifted away from former PM’s ‘big society’ initiative" After John Everett Millais and Pieter Bruegel the Elder.

Telegraph:

May and Macron hold 'informal' Brexit talks in France

Independent:

Zimbabwe opposition leader: election result 'fraudulent and illegitimate'

Times:

Britons spend average of 24 hours a week online, Ofcom says; "I will root antisemites out of Labour – they do not speak for me" - Jeremy Corbyn

Evening Standard:

Parts of Spain on red alert as heatwave grips Iberian peninsula

Mail:
MAC on... Britain's addiction to mobile phones

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Looks more Triumph of Death than Dull Gret, or maybe one of Beksinski's bare hellscapes.

I like the fur cups among the breaking wheel.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I assume Rowson has a Big Bumper Book Of Desolate Hellscapes by his drawing desk that he just picks from at random when he needs ideas

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

God help me, I chuckled.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I did not know Mac was a fan of Blaster Master.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Parkingtigers posted:

God help me, I chuckled.

He ripped off Giles so much over time that sometimes it leaches through all the hate

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
That Times cartoon is really loving irritating. Unless I've grotesquely misunderstood how your political parties work, Corbyn isn't a loving dictator who can unilaterally throw people out of the party. So it has to go through processes. And Corbyn's doing exactly what he should be as party leader, which is making public statements disavowing these people and lighting a fire under the rear end of whatever subgroups and committees are responsible for getting rid of these people.

I guess anything to turn the focus back on him and away from the rolling dumpster fire that is the Tories, though.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Redeye Flight posted:

That Times cartoon is really loving irritating. Unless I've grotesquely misunderstood how your political parties work, Corbyn isn't a loving dictator who can unilaterally throw people out of the party. So it has to go through processes. And Corbyn's doing exactly what he should be as party leader, which is making public statements disavowing these people and lighting a fire under the rear end of whatever subgroups and committees are responsible for getting rid of these people.

I guess anything to turn the focus back on him and away from the rolling dumpster fire that is the Tories, though.

Tbh it's way less annoying in a cartoon than it is in the 50th BBC interview with Hodge / Mann etc. saying "boo hoo Corbyn is so mean and weak why doesn't he just fix the antisemitism 'crisis' by doing exactly what his political / ideological opponents want"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Amazon's UK tax bill – Amazon’s UK corporation tax bill almost halved to £4.5m last year, days after the US company posted a record profit of $2.5bn"

Telegraph:

Independent:

'Disgusting news': Donald Trump whips up crowd anger as he vilifies media After Degas and Man Ray.

Times:

Mnangagwa talks of unity as opposition hides from army

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
british press getting some mileage out of the fort de brégançon