Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

YagotmeIdidit posted:

MGS4 single-handedly killed almost all of my enjoyment for anime.

Hmm well anime is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MGS4 was alright.

MGS: Ground Zeroes is the best MGS game, followed closely by MGS3: Subsistence, and closely behind that is MGS2: Substance and MGS: Phantom Pain.

The Twin Snakes is better than MGS1: Integral.

MGR: Revengeance is the best Metal Gear game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Metal Gear Solid 1 is very overrated. Hasn't aged as well as people say.

The game is basically a remake of the superior Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018

punk rebel ecks posted:

It has better written dialogue than any of the sequels, though I hear that's down to the translator of the first (Solid) game.

Also that's not saying much.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

punk rebel ecks posted:

The game is basically a remake of the superior Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

You know if you have a save file with other Konami games, it reads them and in a boss fight it “reads your mind” and talks about which games you like 😬

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

The game also becomes a Planet Earth: Alaska documentary at the end credits.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The new Pokémon games are real boring, and I don’t think it’s just me being an old nostalgic fart.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Vegetable posted:

The new Pokémon games are real boring, and I don’t think it’s just me being an old nostalgic fart.

The truth is, my friend, they were boring from the start.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

RDR2 is going to be literal poo poo from a dog's rear end.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

punk rebel ecks posted:

MGS4 was terrible.

I paid $60 for the Rex vs Ray fight in Shadow Moses. Everything else was just gravy.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

a new study bible! posted:

RDR2 is going to be literal poo poo from a dog's rear end.

Why?

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018

It's not going to be poo poo, it's probably going to be what the original was, but bigger.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Jeza posted:

The truth is, my friend, they were boring from the start.

Yeah but there was a lot less of them to be bored by. Red/Blue are like fifteen hour games even playing super casually in a kid-friendly way, the new ones are sprawling and take dozens of hours and have a bunch of lovely cutscenes and like a thousand monsters.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

IDONTPOST posted:

Sleeping Dogs is the best GTA game

It's also the best Yakuza game, but that goes without saying

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hideo Kojombo is a hack who got lucky once

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kojima is not a good writer on the whole but he hit a home run with MGS3

That said he tends to design good gameplay systems so even when the story is dumb and bad the game is still fun to play (see: MGSV). So hopefully Death Stranding will be fun to play around with even though the cutscenes and story are definitely going to be self-serious pseudo-psychology nonsense.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Kojina is wonderful at making system mechanics and level design. He just tripped up with the level design part in the last two MGS entries.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

YagotmeIdidit posted:

It's not going to be poo poo, it's probably going to be what the original was, but bigger.

Red dead revolver? The lovely shooter for xbox?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

Red dead revolver? The lovely shooter for xbox?

Red Dead Revolver is another really bad game with a whole lot of charm. I was disappointed when Read Dead Redemption was not nearly as silly, although it has its fair share of bizarre things. But the main problem with Read Dead Redemption is that the shooting sucks.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 31, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

GUN was superior to Red Dead Revolver

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

1redflag posted:

GUN was superior to Red Dead Revolver

yeah

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Red Dead Revolver is another really bad game with a whole lot of charm. I was disappointed when Read Dead Redemption was not nearly as silly, although it has its fair share of bizarre things. But the main problem with Read Dead Redemption is that the shooting sucks.

Only a CANNON could replace that man's shooting arm!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my bicycle can navigate both boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
they should make mega man 69. with rear end man, tit man, leg man, feet man, etc etc

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

jimmyjams posted:

they should make mega man 69. with rear end man, tit man, leg man, feet man, etc etc

which weapon beats which robot?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Pants making GBS threads guy was the hero we deserve.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

which weapon beats which robot?

Dicks gently caress assholes, assholes poo poo all over pussies, etc. Etc.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Weird, violent Rockstar that released that ping pong game was the best rockstar.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Good soup! posted:

MGS Peace Walker wasnt that good and had an incredibly boring villain and the worst most tedious boss fights in modern game history

Coutnerpoint: His name was Hot Coldman

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018

Good soup! posted:

MGS Peace Walker wasnt that good and had an incredibly boring villain and the worst most tedious boss fights in modern game history

Don't forget the "date" mission with Paz. And the fact that Miller was constantly making GBS threads on the US's involvement in WW2 and not a single comment about what Japan was doing during WW2.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Chasm is actually a pretty fun lite metroidvania experience that's getting a lot of negative press because it's not as refined as other titles that came out sooner

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Meme Emulator posted:

Coutnerpoint: His name was Hot Coldman

Hell yes

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

YagotmeIdidit posted:

Don't forget the "date" mission with Paz. And the fact that Miller was constantly making GBS threads on the US's involvement in WW2 and not a single comment about what Japan was doing during WW2.

So few games talk about Japan's involvement in the second world war. It's really holding the medium back.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I dunno people talk about the pacific theater and it's real dumb because the really good shows are on broadway

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

YagotmeIdidit posted:

Are you telling me that a Japanese game for the Japanese market would in any way attempt to diminish, nay, even whitewash Japan's enthusiastic participation in war crimes??

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

When will game developers become brave enough to include Japan as an antagonist in a ww2 game

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'd consider playing Call of Duty's 47th WW2 game if I got to bomb Hiroshima

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

When will game developers become brave enough to include Japan as an antagonist in a ww2 game

I cant believe there isn't a game where you fight as the Vietcong defending against Western imperialism

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
There used to be a badass communist propaganda game. It was basically the sims but you had to hand out flyers and give speeches and steal the audience from and undermine other political movements. Real cold war era vibe. I forget what it was called but it kicked rear end.

E:found it, it was, republic the revolution

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic:_The_Revolution

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Storm_(video_game)