Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Geoj posted:

Anyone know what happened to Pjur pricing?

My wife and I used to use it pretty regularly but switched to coconut oil in late 2015 because its cheaper and easier to clean up.

She's suddenly interested in anal so we're using Pjur for that (still have quite a bit left over from the last bottle we bought in mid-2015) but looking at pricing on Amazon now vs. two to three years ago its almost tripled. Last time I bought a bottle it was about $25 for 250ml, now that same bottle is $60.

What's wrong with coconut oil for anal?

(Nothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Beachcomber posted:

(Nothing)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Beachcomber posted:

(Nothing)

v0v its my wife's preference, and considering I didn't think she'd ever go for anal I'm not going to question it.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Traditional lubes are much more... lubey... than coconut oil for that kind of play. And require less reapplication.

Madbullogna
Jul 23, 2009
Butt play + Gun Oil = Fun Times

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Coconut oil is the go to with my wife and I. A BJ's membership gets you some pretty big jars for whatever you're going to use it for.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Madbullogna posted:

Butt play + Gun Oil = Fun Times

Is there anything CLP can't do!?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dudeabides posted:

Coconut oil is the go to with my wife and I. A BJ's membership gets you some pretty big jars for whatever you're going to use it for.

So the coconut oil is for when you get tired of the BJs?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I feel this song is the right one for this discussion, mostly because Lizzo owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LPUllv_Uak

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is there any recommended treatment to severe scratches beyond just keeping them clean? A girl and I got a little extremely drunk last night and it turns out she's very, very aggressive. They're not bleeding, but my chest looks like I was attacked by a cat and there's some scabbed over skin.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Is there any recommended treatment to severe scratches beyond just keeping them clean? A girl and I got a little extremely drunk last night and it turns out she's very, very aggressive. They're not bleeding, but my chest looks like I was attacked by a cat and there's some scabbed over skin.

Moisturizer will help.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

chitoryu12 posted:

Uh, maybe it had something to do with picking up a chick in 'cat country' my man.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hey guys I had sex with this wild lady, you know how it goes, well we were having so much sex that my bed moved across the room like three feet from all of the sex we did. So this morning I woke up and went to have some more sex but my bed wasn't where it usually is (from all the sex I had last night, dunno if I mentioned that?) so I stubbed my toe, anyway long story short anyone know a good remedy for a stubbed toe you got because you had so much sex you rearranged your furniture?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hey, does anyone know how to get your number delisted? I had sex with this woman and it was so good she won't stop telling everyone how good I am at sex and now I'm getting calls 200x a day from ladies looking for sex and they're starting to show up at my door unannounced in lingerie. Thanks in advance.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you're going to accuse someone of saying they had sex to brag, you might want to pick literally any thread except the "I am having sex" thread.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
A very tiny amount of aquaphor or a decent amount of unscented lotion to keep things hydrated but breathing. Don't put any on before bed.

(This is essentially how people keep tattoos from scarring)

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

purple death ray posted:

Hey guys I had sex with this wild lady, you know how it goes, well we were having so much sex that my bed moved across the room like three feet from all of the sex we did. So this morning I woke up and went to have some more sex but my bed wasn't where it usually is (from all the sex I had last night, dunno if I mentioned that?) so I stubbed my toe, anyway long story short anyone know a good remedy for a stubbed toe you got because you had so much sex you rearranged your furniture?

Jokes aside, this is why I won't do beds with wheels. Back in our pre kids pre marriage days we stayed at a flat my late grandad was renting out for a few weeks when it was between tenants. It had a bed with wheels and drat that thing ended up all over during sex!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

khysanth posted:

Traditional lubes are much more... lubey... than coconut oil for that kind of play. And require less reapplication.

Coconut oil tastes better though.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

mllaneza posted:

Coconut oil tastes better though.

You have tastebuds in your rear end in a top hat? drat.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Masonity posted:

You have tastebuds in your rear end in a top hat? drat.

You haven't noticed he's always bouncing around? He's not excited, he's just chewing gum.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

All right, the scratches are healing up (though the deepest is still really red). Unfortunately it turns out I had gotten bit on the arm really hard as well (we were both really drunk and I forgot it happened) and I have the mother of all bruises under my sleeve. My friend says it looks like a hostile planet on Star Trek.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

chitoryu12 posted:

All right, the scratches are healing up (though the deepest is still really red). Unfortunately it turns out I had gotten bit on the arm really hard as well (we were both really drunk and I forgot it happened) and I have the mother of all bruises under my sleeve. My friend says it looks like a hostile planet on Star Trek.

Biteyus III in the Sexhaver cluster

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Tell us more about this Earth thing called "kissing".

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
coconut oil is v good for sexing

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
But not sexting. Do not use coconut oil on your phone.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
The last few pages make me miss the old kinks thread, but the minute we open it back up some complete jackass is going to wander in telling some lady asking about feather dusters that she’s not a real dom because her partners bleeding half dead husk isn’t begging for the sweet release of death after a “fun session”

:sigh:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The last few pages make me miss the old kinks thread, but the minute we open it back up some complete jackass is going to wander in telling some lady asking about feather dusters that she’s not a real dom because her partners bleeding half dead husk isn’t begging for the sweet release of death after a “fun session”

:sigh:

Yeah I'm sad there isn't a thread for that. I ran a venue for a while. Lots of crazy-rear end stories.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kaninrail posted:

Yeah I'm sad there isn't a thread for that. I ran a venue for a while. Lots of crazy-rear end stories.

You could create that thread and put lots of crazy-rear end stories in it...

Be the change you want to see in the forums!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kaninrail posted:

Sounds like a good ask/tell thread if nothing else.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I've been thinking about it for a while. While I no longer run/own the venue, there's some legal stuff that is in the middle of being finalized. Once that's done and I don't have to watch my words quite so much, I may well do an A/T thread on the business of kink communities.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Kaninrail posted:

I've been thinking about it for a while. While I no longer run/own the venue, there's some legal stuff that is in the middle of being finalized. Once that's done and I don't have to watch my words quite so much, I may well do an A/T thread on the business of kink communities.

Please do, it sounds very interesting.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Anyone have any experience with female sexual pain? For years, sex with my husband has become very painful for me. Lube used to help, until early this year when it suddenly stopped helping. On top of that, I have had a very low sex drive that has only gotten worse in recent months. I haven’t masturbated in months and the last time I tried, it was just too dry and painful and went nowhere.

I have also noticed that my vulva is occasionally swollen for no reason and I get the odd twinge of clitoral pain every now and then, and just general mild discomfort in that area.

I had a Pap smear back in April that showed nothing unusual. Due to an issue with numb and tingly hands, I got diagnosed with Tenosynovitis, tennis elbow, B12 deficiency and hypothyroidism back in May. My hands are fine now, but I still need to get regular blood tests to sort out my thyroid medication.

My husband and I had decided we’d like to start trying for a baby in the fall. Of course, I wanted to get my sexual problems sorted out before then, so I saw an OB/GYN through a nearby clinic. He ordered testing done, and an HSG test showed that both my tubes were blocked. I still have one more blood test to do before I go back to see him and find out my options for laparoscopic surgery or IVF. The doctor has been no help regarding the pain I’ve been having. He just said we need to do the testing first. (I also found out from a friend that this doctor is notorious and known as a bit of a butcher, so I should find a new one.)

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong with me? For years, I thought my lowered sex drive and sexual pain was a result of my birth control patches drying me out and messing with my hormones. I’ve been off my birth control for a month and a half with no change. My thyroid medication hasn’t affected anything either. Do I just need to wait longer for my body to sort itself out, or could there be something else going on?

I would just really like to have a sex drive again and be able to enjoy sex with my husband without pain.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Nessa posted:

My thyroid medication hasn’t affected anything either. Do I just need to wait longer for my body to sort itself out, or could there be something else going on?.

How long have you been on it? My wife is hypothyroid, was diagnosed around the time she graduated from high school, was on medication through her junior year of college, then got booted off of her parents' insurance at 22 in 2007 and couldn't afford doctor's visits/lab work out of pocket and she was effectively blacklisted by all insurers for having a pre-existing condition (income was too high to qualify for medicaid and literally no one would write her a policy unless she was "cured" of the thyroid condition, which AFAIK is impossible) until the ACA went into effect in 2011.

Thyroid medication takes a long time to correct the deficiency, my wife said she didn't feel fully "normal" again until several months after resuming taking the meds daily and that will vary depending on how long it takes for them to nail down your dosage - typically at first they make an educated guess based on your bloodwork, you take the prescription for a month, they run more bloodwork and see how your body reacted which may require adjusting the dosage followed by more bloodwork, etc. She said at first it will feel like you're just taking placebo pills, but then after a month or two you'll notice you aren't feeling so lovely all the time, then once they get your dosage nailed down the effects will be more pronounced.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 7, 2018

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Geoj posted:

How long have you been on it? My wife is hypothyroid, was diagnosed around the time she graduated from high school, was on medication through her junior year of college, then got booted off of her parents' insurance at 22 in 2007 and couldn't afford doctor's visits/lab work out of pocket and she was effectively blacklisted by all insurers for having a pre-existing condition (income was too high to qualify for medicaid and literally no one would write her a policy unless she was "cured" of the thyroid condition, which AFAIK is impossible) until the ACA went into effect in 2011.

Thyroid medication takes a long time to correct the deficiency, my wife said she didn't feel fully "normal" again until several months after resuming taking the meds daily and that will vary depending on how long it takes for them to nail down your dosage - typically at first they make an educated guess based on your bloodwork, you take the prescription for a month, they run more bloodwork and see how your body reacted which may require adjusting the dosage followed by more bloodwork, etc. She said at first it will feel like you're just taking placebo pills, but then after a month or two you'll notice you aren't feeling so lovely all the time, then once they get your dosage nailed down the effects will be more pronounced.

I'm male but had similar experiences with hypothyroidism. Even after nailing down the right dosage, it takes a while for sex drive and arousal to fully return.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Geoj posted:

I’ve been on thyroid medication since May, so a few months now. I do feel less fatigued, but that’s about it. I have another appointment to readjust my dose on Thursday.

My last blood test included my thyroid check, as well as stuff for the Ob/gyn to check other hormones and for STDs. I’ll have to try to get a referral to another Ob/gyn from my family doctor, after he explicitly told me not to see an ob/gyn. I was too nervous to bring up my pain issue and he’s got papers posted all over his office about “only one medical complaint per appointment”.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Yeah, you're probably due for a dosage adjustment. My wife said it was very subtle until they bumped her dosage from 100 mcg to 125, then over a period of a week or so there was a very noticeable change.

KnowingBurns
Apr 25, 2006
Its just the way the medication makes her

Nessa posted:

he’s got papers posted all over his office about “only one medical complaint per appointment”.

I think it might be time to find another family doctor if that's an option for you. I get that it is a time management thing, but you should not have to triage yourself if you have more than one issue going on to determine what is most important. Even if they end up scheduling follow up appointments for other issues, just allowing one issue per appointment can be a dangerous strategy if a patient doesn't have the medical training to recognize some minor symptom as indicative of a larger, more important underlying issue and not bring it up because they have come in for something more acute.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I can't imagine that's not a joke. What doctor would actually have that policy?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

KillHour posted:

I can't imagine that's not a joke. What doctor would actually have that policy?

My doctor has that as a "policy" I think it's an insurance thing, but I have no clue; what it really means is I have to give them a reason I'm there and then we can talk about whatever poo poo once I'm in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

KnowingBurns posted:

I think it might be time to find another family doctor if that's an option for you. I get that it is a time management thing, but you should not have to triage yourself if you have more than one issue going on to determine what is most important. Even if they end up scheduling follow up appointments for other issues, just allowing one issue per appointment can be a dangerous strategy if a patient doesn't have the medical training to recognize some minor symptom as indicative of a larger, more important underlying issue and not bring it up because they have come in for something more acute.

Oh, I totally agree, but this clinic is a few blocks from my house and this is the first time I’ve had a family doctor in 10 years.

MF_James posted:

My doctor has that as a "policy" I think it's an insurance thing, but I have no clue; what it really means is I have to give them a reason I'm there and then we can talk about whatever poo poo once I'm in the room.

It’s not an insurance thing here, since I’m in Canada. I know it’s become a pretty popular practice though. I don’t agree with it, but there’s not much I can do. At the appointment where I was going to bring up my sexual pain, the doctor had already walked me out to the waiting room, so I just asked if I should see an obstetrician before we start trying for a baby, as I had some concerns with infertility problems running in my family.

That was a legit concern of mine (my mom needed surgery to have me since both her tubes were blocked too) and something I felt more comfortable briefly bringing up in the waiting room. The response was just “No no no, don’t see an obstetrician. It would take too long to see one anyways. Just try for a year and come back to see me if you’re still not pregnant.”

Then I got a flyer in my mailbox for a new clinic with an ob/gyn who was accepting new patients. When I finally saw him, he just asked me questions that should have already been answered on my chart and ordered blood work, an ultrasound and an HSG test for me. He did not even ask me any questions related to my pain or give me an opportunity to talk about it.

I guess I just don’t have the best luck with doctors. :/