Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Some cool rough anim from #65

https://twitter.com/SpencerWan/status/1020367499320176640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

rndmnmbr posted:

So I have paid exactly zero attention to Naruto since the Sasuke retrieval arc. On a whim I decided to watch the latest Boruto episode, mostly expecting to confirm I was right on quitting. I know nothing but this episode and what I've read online afterwards to explain everyone's magic bullshit powers.

SSJ Naruto and Magic-Eye Bullshit Sasuke make a good team. Albino drug addicts with more magic-eye bullshit make hilarious bad guys. Nice anime fight, I liked it. Boruto is Naruto 2.0 with his own special magic-eye bullshit? Is there a Naruto Shippuden abridged so I can catch up without watching... ugh, 500 episodes? Really? I can handle 65 Boruto episodes, but five loving hundred episodes of Shippuden... I was right to drop this series, wasn't I?

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I never finished Naruto and I'm still enjoying the poo poo out of Boruto. Granted, I only stopped about 10 or maybe 20 chapters from the end; but there was a chapter where a ghost gave someone a new eye or something and the whole thing had gotten so bullshit stupid, even by Naruto's really loose rules that I couldn't bring myself to keep reading. I'm pretty sure there's a good chunk of the middle of the manga that I never bothered to read either. Regardless, Boruto might be a continuation of Naruto but it only requires fairly general knowledge of the story and anything important it explains itself so that you're never really left in the dark.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

So I have paid exactly zero attention to Naruto since the Sasuke retrieval arc. On a whim I decided to watch the latest Boruto episode, mostly expecting to confirm I was right on quitting. I know nothing but this episode and what I've read online afterwards to explain everyone's magic bullshit powers.

SSJ Naruto and Magic-Eye Bullshit Sasuke make a good team. Albino drug addicts with more magic-eye bullshit make hilarious bad guys. Nice anime fight, I liked it. Boruto is Naruto 2.0 with his own special magic-eye bullshit? Is there a Naruto Shippuden abridged so I can catch up without watching... ugh, 500 episodes? Really? I can handle 65 Boruto episodes, but five loving hundred episodes of Shippuden... I was right to drop this series, wasn't I?

You can shave off about 200 episodes by not watching the filler, but honestly there's not a whole lot you're missing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

jesus christ, the anime take on father/son rasengan just murdered me

i didn't know i had real feels about this series

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

And that reminds me: Sasuke talking poo poo at Naruto at the end. Like real friends do at each other. Aww.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Boruto coming to Toonami on September 29th

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

dogsicle posted:

jesus christ, the anime take on father/son rasengan just murdered me

i didn't know i had real feels about this series

It was about that moment that I finally decided I needed to rewatch the whole episode because it was that loving good

*edit* just imagine how Naruto felt while doing that, knowing he was doing something with his son like that which his father never could

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 24, 2018

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I think Boruto and Shikadai should kiss.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This show continues to be better than it has any right to be, thankfully next week we're getting more filler rather than jumping straight into manga content again (never thought I'd say that regarding a Naruto anime).

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mymla posted:

I think Boruto and Shikadai should kiss.

no, that's Boruto and Mitsuki

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Larryb posted:

This show continues to be better than it has any right to be, thankfully next week we're getting more filler rather than jumping straight into manga content again (never thought I'd say that regarding a Naruto anime).

Yeah I'm blown away by how much I enjoy watching this show. I'm not expecting anything great next week but I don't even care. This show moves at its own pace and I love it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

grieving for Gandalf posted:

:hai:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

I'm still surprised Boruto is going to air on Toonami. It's like Dragon Ball Super in a way.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Mitsuki has a one-sided crush on Boruto, whereas Shikadai and Boruto both love each other.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mymla posted:

Mitsuki has a one-sided crush on Boruto, whereas Shikadai and Boruto both love each other.

And if the end of this episode is to be taken at face value apparently Sarada has a thing for him now too.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's nice that this character development has occurred and now Boruto openly loves his father. good show imo

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's weird as hell that Orachimaru is one of the best fathers in the show. He's around more than Sasuke as well as seeming to be more sympathetic to and understanding of their child and has a more stable relationship than Naruto and Boruto. A lot of the secondary characters probably have better paternal relationships I suppose, like Shikadai and Shikamaru or Cho-Cho and Choji, but we see them so little Orachimaru stands out more. Or maybe it's just the shock of him being almost a model parent given how his character spent most of Naruto.

tsob fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 28, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

perhaps in the boruto universe, the quality of your fatherhood is inversely proportional to your quality as a person

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To be fair, considering what we know about the Uchiha maybe staying out of his daughter's life as much as possible is honestly the best thing Sasuke can do right now (I like Sarada, please don't make her go insane later on).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uchiha go nuts because they care too much :jerkbag:. the subject of their affection doesn't need to be another uchiha. so, sasuke isn't protecting sarada from uchiha bullshit, just the fact that the village still low-key hates his guts with good reason.

that, or sasuke assumed that no one could love sakura, not even their daughter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Boruto and Sarada is the perfect time to unite the two legendary tribes so it sound be Boruto x Mitsuki while Sarada marries *rolls dice* Metal Lee

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Grandpa Hiashi just wants an genetic cocktail out of his favorite grandson, of Oro can throw in some more good genes and a special eye or four into Mitsuki then im sure he'll be happy for them. Man, Hiashi's masterplan is going beyond expectations, the Borutogan seems on par with rinnengan for detection rolls.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Boruto and Sarada is the perfect time to unite the two legendary tribes so it sound be Boruto x Mitsuki while Sarada marries *rolls dice* Metal Lee

Sarada has to find someone to be obsessed with who is necessarily evil. the guy forecasted as being Boruto's enemy in the prologue has to be it

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sarada has to find someone to be obsessed with who is necessarily evil. the guy forecasted as being Boruto's enemy in the prologue has to be it

What's been shown of him in the manga si far is he's literally Sasuke 2.0, so that checks out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately sarada is unlikely to escape the propensity for making terrible decisions she inherited from both her parents.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't get enough of Orochimaru being a good parent while chuckling at notions of binary gender. Give him a spinoff series please.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

please god, let this chocho arc last at least three episodes in total. the surprisingly lowkey humor and exaggerated faces are so good

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

dogsicle posted:

please god, let this chocho arc last at least three episodes in total. the surprisingly lowkey humor and exaggerated faces are so good

It is exactly 3 episodes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sindai posted:

I can't get enough of Orochimaru being a good parent while chuckling at notions of binary gender. Give him a spinoff series please.
I was actually surprised at how casual that was just thrown in there without being offensive at all. Meanwhile Chocho is dealing with the ninja equivalent to an eating disorder which might end up with an overall positive message at the end too

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I watched the episodes related to the bort movie and are there any specific reasons they decided to redo the whole thing so that Momoshiki doesn't look like a dragon ball GT villain, other than introducing the bort eyehax plot exposition.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

tsob posted:

It's weird as hell that Orachimaru is one of the best fathers in the show. He's around more than Sasuke as well as seeming to be more sympathetic to and understanding of their child and has a more stable relationship than Naruto and Boruto. A lot of the secondary characters probably have better paternal relationships I suppose, like Shikadai and Shikamaru or Cho-Cho and Choji, but we see them so little Orachimaru stands out more. Or maybe it's just the shock of him being almost a model parent given how his character spent most of Naruto.

It's almost like in the course of discovering multiple paths to immortality, Orochimaru discovered that the word "immortality" itself is fungible, and that one way to make your name resound through the rest of history is to create a legacy that will forever renew itself in progeny, and that parenthood is one of the most powerful and rewarding paths to a legacy, when said progeny becomes someone that can be respected and famous on their own merits.

But nah, it's a shonen anime, so <extended fart noise>

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I asked my nephew, who's been following Naruto since he was six, what good Shippuden stuff I should watch, and he had a few recommendations.

Bee punched out all of Sasuke's organs. :allears: Who would have thought that a rapping anime Hulk Hogan ripoff would be one of my favorite characters?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if your nephew recommended bee beating the ever-living-gently caress out of sasuke then he has good taste and you should listen to him

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Catching up on the anime. Guy Sensei is (still) the best Sensei.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I want to see an Anxiety Fist vs. Drunken Fist showdown.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I want to see what happens when anxiety fist gets drunk. Does he become melancholic fist? Or party fist?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
really liked this episode

also

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Show good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/1035180430549557248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Mitsuru arc, exploring his relationship with not just Orachimaru but Boruto as well? gently caress. Yes! I kind of hope his clonebro is in it too, but Mitsuru stuff is good regardless.