Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
will fallout 76 be grand theft mutants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hugh Malone posted:

Never stay registered when you go AFK, especially as an MC. The daily utilities for the businesses are like 30k or smth

I don't believe you can be raided if you are not reg'd as CEO or MC.

So far that's true, BUT twice now after idling around, within minutes of starting MC i got the raid alert. Be alert!

It's kinda bullshit that some of the raid scenarios don't start until you get close to the warehouse or yellow dot, and some start killing product immediately. Guess that's the danger of keeping them all up in Paleto :(

The MC stuff I don't really worry about since none are huuuuuuge, what like $500-750k for a full sale in the other county? MC business to me is really just a bit of roleplay when I just want to drive up the coast and check on poo poo, buy supplies or run a couple supply missions.
I am a bit concerned though about the bunker and warehouses and now the nightclub. With multiple large warehouses and the Nightclub potentially holding 1-2 millions dollars worth of product at a time and taking a long time to fill to capacity, that's going to really suck when one gets raided and you're nowhere near it. Gone are the days of just stockpiling them to full and waiting for double $ sales. Do I now need to alter my play style to not start MC unless I'm up in Paleto? Wait to fire up CEO until I'm over in my warehouse neighborhood? Go back to doing 1 supply run and then selling it off so you never get about the 50% full threshold? I really don't want to bury myself in micromanaging timers and being paranoid over product that in reality is pennies. (fake edit: did the math and a full $2million dollar sale is literally %0.1 of my liquid assets)

I will admit that it injects a bit of rush, that moment when LJT calls and you know it's just going to be his standard 'Heeeeey you know you got a ton of ___ that neds to sell right?' but turns into Oh poo poo, I gotta get up there NOW and blast some motherfuckers! Some of the raids are missions I haven't seen before so that's also kind of refreshing.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 1, 2018

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I never get raided when I'm indoors it seems, so I don't reg until I'm where I need to be for selling/supplying something.

At the end of the mission, I lay on the button for the interaction menu. You can't get a phone call when you're in there, so I retire ASAP.

This is inconvenient if you have friends helping, but I never get raided doing this

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Living the life of a trust fund juggalo is taking its toll on my fragile psyche. So much stress I forgot to buy a drat blimp last night. On the bright side I found the magic blunt in the night club! Next to the upstairs bar is a little alcove with some tables and drinks, one of them has an ashtray and if you sit it'll offer you a smoke. May vary with interiors, and need to have a p high popularity for it to spawn

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
Last time I got raided I used the CEO helicopter call feature, the 5k ride. That fast travels you to one of your properties so you can fend off the attackers asap. Don't know if it works on clubs or bunkers?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dear LJT,

gently caress OFF, SHUT UP AND gently caress OFF YOU STUPID gently caress I DON'T CARE, gently caress OFF

Yours truly,

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://giant.gfycat.com/SecretDenseArrowana.webm

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I assume this was an orbital cannon attempt to kill me, but it failed; beefy Ruiner was provided for this business battle. Dude fired the thing 4 times before this one and missed completely on those attempts.

https://youtu.be/uD7IcnoSgGo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Has GTA:O been taking ages to load up for anybody else lately?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Powershift posted:

Has GTA:O been taking ages to load up for anybody else lately?

If by lately you mean five years now. It loads faster if you use the setting to load it into SP first always and then load Online, but it shaves like two minutes off five so it's still a bit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zigmidge posted:

I don't know where you nerds get off thinking GTA is anything like Black Flag. Or the mafia games holy lmao. This poo poo is plainly like XCOM.

The only point I was trying to make was that both games involve crimes, making people dead, blowing things up, exploring a free roam map, and sell missions which are much easier in 1716 than 2013.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Orv posted:

If by lately you mean five years now. It loads faster if you use the setting to load it into SP first always and then load Online, but it shaves like two minutes off five so it's still a bit.

I mean it's always taken like 5 minutes, but lately it's been like 15.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

CBJSprague24 posted:

The only point I was trying to make was that both games involve crimes, making people dead, blowing things up, exploring a free roam map, and sell missions which are much easier in 1716 than 2013.

https://giant.gfycat.com/NimbleDigitalGalapagostortoise.webm

By that description it sounds more like you're talking about FTL imo

Orv
May 4, 2011

Powershift posted:

I mean it's always taken like 5 minutes, but lately it's been like 15.

Ah, it hasn't been taking that long for me but typically if it hits like seven or eight minutes I just restart it assuming it's broken for one reason or another.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
First time playing again and some guy teleports me out of the nightclub intro cutscene along with the entire lobby and then starts dropping money and somehow gets it past the rockstar warning and gives everyone half a mil

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Buschmaki posted:

First time playing again and some guy teleports me out of the nightclub intro cutscene along with the entire lobby and then starts dropping money and somehow gets it past the rockstar warning and gives everyone half a mil

Thats all part of the game now, there was an update to add wizards you probably skipped over

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The new walk style is pretty bangin'.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
is anyone else having a problem with the cocaine in the night club warehouse?

I bought a cocaine business, and did the initial setup mission. But, the cocaine bar(South American Imports) hasn't been filling at all. Is there something I need to do on the MC side ti get it going again?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I have a problem where everytime a particle effect goes off, like smoke from tires or muzzle flashes my screen will go absolutely crazy. Like, a giant blurry rear end triangle is drawn from the particle effect to the edge of the screen and I have no clue what's causing it. My graphics settings haven't changed at all.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Buschmaki posted:

I have a problem where everytime a particle effect goes off, like smoke from tires or muzzle flashes my screen will go absolutely crazy. Like, a giant blurry rear end triangle is drawn from the particle effect to the edge of the screen and I have no clue what's causing it. My graphics settings haven't changed at all.

Check your drivers and verify your GTA files, something might have corrupted. Otherwise, you might be looking at the first sign of a dying graphics card :ohdear:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Ripper Swarm posted:

Check your drivers and verify your GTA files, something might have corrupted. Otherwise, you might be looking at the first sign of a dying graphics card :ohdear:

Thst sounds like what my son's card started doing before it died.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Rad-daddio posted:

I bought a cocaine business, and did the initial setup mission. But, the cocaine bar(South American Imports) hasn't been filling at all. Is there something I need to do on the MC side ti get it going again?

try switching it off and on again.

like literally drive over shut down the business then start it up again.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
^^^ that's a good idea

and maybe check to make sure you have a guy assigned to it, in warehouse m'gmt on the nightclub computer

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Rad-daddio posted:

As long as your MC coke business is open (you don't need supplies or anything) you'll be able to produce South American Imports in your nightclub. That said, I'm pretty sure coke takes the longest of all the various products. I definitely went through the same problem wondering if I did something wrong or if I missed something.

Edit: this might be useful for some

Printing & Copying (source: Forged documents) - accrue time: 15min, value: $1000, $4000/hour

Organic Produce (source: Weed) - accrue time: 20min, value: $1500, $4500/hour

Cash Creation (source: Cash) - accrue time 30min, value: $3500, $7000/hour

Sporting Goods (source: Bunker) - accrue time: 40min, value: $5000, $7500/hour

Pharmaceutical Research (source: Meth) - accrue time 60min, value: $8500, $8500/hour

Cargo and Shipments (source: Warehouse/Hangar) - accrue time: 70min, value: $10,000, $8570/hour

South American Imports (source: Coke) - accrue time 120min, value: $20000, $10,000/hour

YET ANOTHER FAG fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 3, 2018

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
^^^ thanks for that!

looks like I have almost 9 hrs to wait if i want to sell an entire nightclub's worth of junk

also looks like i can go ahead and shut down weed and forgeries, keeping my 5 guys on the best earners/hr.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jose Mengelez posted:

try switching it off and on again.

like literally drive over shut down the business then start it up again.

I did that last night. So, I guess I'll see if it helped this afternoon.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

As long as your MC coke business is open (you don't need supplies or anything) you'll be able to produce South American Imports in your nightclub. That said, I'm pretty sure coke takes the longest of all the various products. I definitely went through the same problem wondering if I did something wrong or if I missed something.

Edit: this might be useful for some

Printing & Copying (source: Forged documents) - accrue time: 15min, value: $1000, $4000/hour

Organic Produce (source: Weed) - accrue time: 20min, value: $1500, $4500/hour

Cash Creation (source: Cash) - accrue time 30min, value: $3500, $7000/hour

Sporting Goods (source: Bunker) - accrue time: 40min, value: $5000, $7500/hour

Pharmaceutical Research (source: Meth) - accrue time 60min, value: $8500, $8500/hour

Cargo and Shipments (source: Warehouse/Hangar) - accrue time: 70min, value: $10,000, $8570/hour

South American Imports (source: Coke) - accrue time 120min, value: $20000, $10,000/hour

oof, i really need to get coke running in the nightclub...

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It's close to a mil to buy a coke business with the sale right now. Not really sure if I want to add that. It's probably more useful to get that hangar that lets you into the military base without a wanted level.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Buschmaki posted:

Like the other guy said could just be incompatible drivers. Start there.

If you're over clocking could be that (or just general system overheating).

Finally could just be your card dying.

It's likely only one of those three though, it's a pretty tell tale sign.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hugh Malone posted:

^^^ thanks for that!

looks like I have almost 9 hrs to wait if i want to sell an entire nightclub's worth of junk

also looks like i can go ahead and shut down weed and forgeries, keeping my 5 guys on the best earners/hr.

I was at 190/360 last night and set it to AFK for 8 hours or so while i crashed, so I might be pretty close to a full sale tonight yay. On the good side, when my techs completed filling one of the bars, they moved automatically to another. I was mostly expecting them to just be sitting around or to start getting phone calls saying i needed to manually switch them. I sold all 5 MC lockups of full product last night and got some cake missions(2 x duffle bags, 2 x helicopter drops, and a boat point to point) so i anticpate the next round will be the worst possible sales of each.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I sold all 5 MC lockups of full product last night and got some cake missions(2 x duffle bags, 2 x helicopter drops, and a boat point to point) so i anticpate the next round will be the worst possible sales of each.

oh hey i was there

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

VectorSigma posted:

oh hey i was there

Best chopper pilot in all of los santos

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Best chopper pilot in all of los santos

You're also quite the dinghy captain!

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
Maude from the story will text you with a series of 5 bounty targets for you to hopefully bring in alive. I found a single charging baseball bat strike was enough damage to scare them into surrendering. The delivery point for a living bail jumper is her trailer south of grapeseed. Reward is 10k max per bounty, and a rdr2 unlock melee weapon. Get 25 kills with that, and you are paid another 250k like with the revolver.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
We are gonna be so far ahead of the game when red dead drops icw

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I just discovered a major flaw in the canon of this game, they describe tale of us as techno, and they are clearly house, because their hand claps and other human elements in the mix

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I want my $ back

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
For the sake of the game, I'm going to be completely and hugely unpolitically correct right now, the difference between house and techno is that techno sounds slightly less gay

Some people may have a problem with the statement, but they apparently have a problem with something being gay and not being okay. It is totally okay for something to be gay, tale of us is just slightly less gay than the solomun set. Now clap yer hands, you dork.

Keep on dancin'

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Im.startimg a separate thread for those of us that don't actually need to grikgn money nemre, like whimst have x80s or deluxe bonds, maybe some adders even from back in the day, or BITD as us old schoolers call it. It's right here

Here's to limitless funds and no grinding *raises champagne* report me bitches, you still have to grind :p

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Tfw u get an angry text from the player who's poo poo you just blew the gently caress up, and they're all, "why?"

And you explain the note from your doctor, how ocd works, and what the red text does to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Seriously lmao at how scared this thread has always been at cheating thefuck out of money in this dumb rear end game

Seven. SINS .

dotmuthalovincom