Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

LadyPictureShow posted:

It’s uh...

He may not have completed his Masters:

Diploma?

lmao I can't even imagine the adult man throwing the cat statue against the wall because she brought up selling it, and even if I could, I still couldn't imagine her response being "welp better avoid *that* topic"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
From the comments:

quote:

I can actually relate to this one in a slightly less bizarre way. My ex husband spent all of our money on bicycles. He had probably $25k worth of them at some point. Sometimes we could barely pay our rent. It was a whole bizarre thing where I didn’t realize he was spending this much. He had quit his good paying job to get a job working at the loving bike store. He’d tell me some were loans, some were trades, some were his friends’ etc. So drat many bicycles and a constantly rotating collection of them. Also I don’t know what a $7k bicycle looks like vs a $700 bike or whatever.

I know it sounds insane to say I didn’t know how much of our money was being blown on this obsession, but I really didn’t. He had convinced me I was awful with money because when I tried to be in charge of the bills I’d forgotten to pay a few on time. (This was before most things could be easily paid online) So he was in charge of managing our money and just had me convinced that the money we made and the bills we had were just barely making ends meet.

We had plenty of other issues and I actually didn’t find out about all the money stuff until after telling him I wanted a divorce. So that was just a super crazy cherry on top of the rest of the insanity sundae.

At least he rode the drat bicycles. I guess that makes them mildly more useful than ancient Cat figurines.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lmao I can't even imagine the adult man throwing the cat statue against the wall because she brought up selling it, and even if I could, I still couldn't imagine her response being "welp better avoid *that* topic"

a $10,000 cat statute

I have a friend who collects matryoshka dolls and fine tsarist tea-sets. Her excuse is that shes a retired professor of russian history.

She just gained custody of her son's baby daughter, that kid gonna be lit like a bic when they reach the russian revolution and civil war in school

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Husband, while stroking a cat figurine: "I just feel like I've being ganged up on right now."

"Well, I think your wife brings up a good point. Maybe you could just sell a few of the figurines you've grown less attached-"

*Marriage counselor crumples to the floor as blood spurts from the figurine sticking out of his head*

"Oh poo poo. Put the body behind the couch, I'll go home and start packing the figurines."

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

cumshitter posted:

From the comments:

Yo this lady needs to go on some kind of assertiveness course or something. Otherwise she's gonna end up paying for the next Funko Pops shitheel.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
There’s some really bleak ones today, so I’m glad there is this:

I think I [25F] and my BF [26M] are both in love with the same girl [25F]

quote:

u/Temporary_Memory
I'll keep this as to-the-point as possible.

My BF and I have been together for about 7 years now, and we've honestly never really hit very many big issues. There have been small fights of course, but we're generally good at communicating, and we work through things as a team. Everyone's always joking that we're "relationship goals" and that we're lucky we have it so easy, and frankly, I agree with them. He's fantastic, and I love him so, so much.

We share a nerdy hobby, and we "recently" (about a year ago) joined up with a new group of people to hang out with and indulge in said nerdy hobby. We met a girl (we'll call her Denise) who was there with her husband (Alex), and we hit it off with her right away. Alex was a little quiet and hard to talk to, but he seemed happy to let Denise take the spotlight.

As time has gone on, we've gotten closer and closer with Denise. I honestly consider her one of my best friends. We have a *ton* in common, and she fits in incredibly well with BF and I.

Now... things get a little weird. So we've known from the start that Denise and Alex have an open relationship (and they navigate it with shocking ease, actually; no drama there), and that they're both bisexual. BF and I have teased each other in the past about opening up our relationship (he's straight, but I'm bi), but I've never really been super comfortable with the idea of either of us going out and loving anyone else, even with the other's blessing. So we kind of dropped the subject, but I know (from other conversations with friends) that BF thinks that I would never consider it.

But I'd never considered whether I'd be okay with us both dating the same person. That feels different to me. It's not so much that we'd open the relationship *entirely*, but rather, we just... have another person in our monogamous relationship. (And obviously Denise would still be married to Alex and be able to keep seeing other people too and that feels fine.)

I know BF has a massive crush on her, and I think he's caught on that I do too; we tease each other about it but haven't out-and-out said it yet. (I know we should. That's the next step in all this, I know.) And I'm pretty sure that Denise is crushing on us both really hard too. When I think through the scenario, I'm not just thinking of myself with Denise, I'm thinking of BF with her too, and it's honestly cute and I think I'd like it a lot. But I don't know how he would actually feel about being a triad, especially since he thinks I'm opposed to the idea. And I don't know for sure if Alex would be okay with it (even though he's floated before that he'd be fine with her being in "sandwiches" as long as he thought the couple was cool, haha).

Other issues would be that I would never be comfortable telling my family about it. *If* it happened, I would never want Denise to think that I'm ashamed of her or our relationship, but my family took me being bi hard enough (and they all think it was a phase since I've been with BF for so long), there's no way they'd be okay with poly-girlfriend. So she would always just be our "friend," and that feels disingenuous and lovely. So I don't know, there's a lot in the air, and I really don't know exactly what to do about *any* of it.

TL;DR: BF and I are probably in love with the same girl and I want us both to date her. There are many question marks about the logistics of making that happen, should all parties even be amenable, which is its own set of question marks. Advice, please??

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Yes. Yes. This is the good stuff

Wife [26F] wants to invest our life savings [80k] in her new start-up. I'm [28M] doubtful the company will ever make any money and don't know what to say/do.

quote:

u/HealthyReception
We've been together 5 years.

My wife has recently started a company with a few of her old university buddies. It's roughly 1 year old and I am very very doubtful as to whether or not the company will ever make a serious profit. To keep things vague, the company is touted as a "millennial consulting firm" which basically means business consulting for millennials by millennials. It's a cool concept I have to admit and I was 100% supportive in the idea stages but in actuality the company is very strange and operationally defunct. It's like a company perpetually trapped in the "idea" stage of a start-up, if that makes any sense.

The company: The company has roughly 20 employees (I know, it's big for a profitless start up) all of whom are basically working for free but for "equity." My wife is a co-founder and their day to day operations are extremely random and basically consist of 90% self-promotion with 10% actual contracted work. Their initial idea is to provide business consulting for companies started by other millennials with social media advertising, etc. HOWEVER, in reality no one in her company has any real consulting experience. At least 15-16 of them are fresh grads (all recruited from friends or local colleges) with 0 work exp. and they spend most of their time making cutesy instagram posts or photo albums of their workspace to show how cool and upbeat and youthful the company is.

The thing is the company HAS done really well with getting itself out there and recognized, despite making no money. It's been featured on several social media news sites (think Buzzfeed but more niche) for having an inspiring concept with young, all-female leadership. This, in turn, has kind of given my wife and her cofounders the motivation to keep going although they fail to get any paying clients so far.

The issue: So my wife and her partners recently approached me in a very formalish meeting to ask about me becoming an investor. I have roughly 80k untouched in various investments (from my bonuses collected over the years) and my wife wants me to liquidate them and invest the money entirely in their company. She thinks their company is on the brink of making serious money and all they need is a bit more as a springboard. They started with roughly 100k borrowed from one of the founder's very wealthy parents and they've nearly burned through it all already with rent just on their needlessly "cool" office downtown.

Honestly I am pretty resistant to the idea but my wife and I have been arguing over what's "pulling me back" and I don't know what to say. She believes in her company so much and I've never said any harsh words although I've noticed some of my critiques were very harshly taken. I'm also not a confrontational person whereas my wife will LOVE a good fight so I'm dreading what to do and how to do it.

I do NOT want to lose my savings but I also don't want to drive my wife away. I also don't know how to approach her with all this because she is so in love with this company I know it would break her heart. Before starting this firm she was jobless for roughly a year after grad school and severely depressed. I also don't want to see her return to that stage. Honestly what is the best path to take here? Just looking for some general advice. Thanks.

tldr: Wife's startup has made little to no money over the past year but she and her partners want me to invest my savings (~80k) into their company. I am super reluctant but also terribly non-confrontational. How do I say no to my wife without crushing her dreams?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I [25F] am always second to my bfs [34M] mother - do I call it quits?

quote:

We have been seeing each other for 2 years and met through work. I live on my own and have a dog, and was living on my own before I met my bf - who I will refer to as Dave.

Dave owns his own home and has a good job, we get on really well and I love him. But (there’s always a but!) his mother always comes first. In everything.

His mother lives with him, rent free, in his home. She is “disabled” - by which I mean grossly overweight to the point of if she falls over it takes 3 grown men to lift her. She doesn’t walk, and Dave is basically an enabler by letting her do whatever she wants and giving her whatever she wants. For reference, she’s just turned 69.

He isn’t an only child, he has two older sisters who do the bare minimum that they can.

She literally rules his life. He cannot stay at my house otherwise his mother will ring him up in tears saying she’s having panic attacks and that she needs an ambulance. We cannot go on holiday abroad together because she will not let him leave. We went away for 5 days last year and had to come back after 2 because she “couldn’t cope” with only Daves two sisters looking after her.

I put up with all of this, with minimal grumbling. I even put up with the fact that his mother has made no secret of the fact she hates me. She smashed her Christmas gift from me to make me look bad, and I painted her a picture and framed it for her birthday of her cat, which she has taken the picture out and replaced it with one of her and Dave. Whatever, I’m a big girl I can cope.

The thing that is tipping me over the edge is Dave is in hospital. He has to have a lump removed from his side, I wanted to take him and I offered. He told me no because then his mother won’t know what is happening. His sister has to take him so she can keep their mother updated. I asked him who will keep me updated, he said he’ll see if his sister has time.

Please tell me if I’m being over sensitive, but I just feel unwanted and that what even is the point of our relationship? We haven’t had sex in months (April) and there is no intimacy. I feel like I love him and he doesn’t love me. I can’t bring any of this up because he accuses me of attacking his mother and that it’s my fault.

TLDR - My boyfriend has his disabled mother living with him. He has to be at her every beck and call 24/7, to the point where we have basically no relationship. His mother hates me. He told me I cannot take him to the hospital for his operation because his mother doesn’t want me to take him. I feel like he chooses his mother over me all the time. Should i call it quits?

Lmfao loving :sever: lady and leave the manchild to succumb to Ursula already. :barf:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Milotic posted:

Wife [26F] wants to invest our life savings [80k] in her new start-up. I'm [28M] doubtful the company will ever make any money and don't know what to say/do.

Mods, please change my username to 'Millennial Consulting Firm'

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Milotic posted:

So, it's basically a free day care center for millennials?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

So, it's basically a free day care center for millennials?

*Millennials with rich parents.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My roommate [26F] has presented me [19F] with a list of things she believes I have stolen from her... I haven't taken anything and everything on the list is basically worthless

quote:

I met my roommate, let's say Devin, off of Craigslist 5 months ago. She had cheap rent in a very convenient location near my campus in a nice house. I met her and we hit it off right away. She lived there by herself with just her cats, works nights as an RN at the local hospital and sleeps all day, so it's like I have the place to myself. Also, I really liked that she was single so I didn't have to deal with any relationship drama. It seemed like the perfect set-up and it has been until really recently.

Devin has been acting distant towards me, I've noticed, the past couple of weeks. We were never best friends, or anything like that, but we would watch movies, and go out on little outings semi regularly, which I always enjoyed. When I wake up, it's usually after Devin has already come home and gone to bed, but this morning she was sitting up, like she was waiting for me and she gave me an itemized list, front and back, of things she thinks I stole from her and wants me to return immediately.

It took me a moment to process, I had literally just woken up, not even had coffee yet! I scanned the list and not one thing on it was of any value to anyone but Devin herself. Some choice items from her list:

2 ceramic Japanese good luck cat figurines

1 paper book copy of Lord of the Flies

1 large bison stuffed animal

1 navy blue Hollister polo

coffee mug with brain diagram on it with broken handle

1 pair of Marvel Vans size 8 and a half (too big for my feet and I've seen these shoes, they're beat to hell, why would anyone steal them?!)

1 picture of my dead friend Robert (w...t...f)

1 Marilyn Monroe cigarette lighter

And more random books, articles of clothing and it just goes on like that for two pages! Again, all of this stuff aside from whatever sentimental value Devin has attached to it is completely worthless. She is asleep right now, or at least I think she is. Regardless, she's in her room. How do I even begin to handle this situation?

TLDR Roommate is accusing me of stealing random things of little to no value, which goes without saying that I didn't do it. I kind of need this place to work out, what's the best way to smooth things over?

EDIT: I did not want it to come to this, but I have called the police and they are on the way. I told them the facts, that Devin was drunk as hell, destroying the house while I was hiding in my room fearing for my safety and unable to peacefully make an exit.

Reading into the comments suggests Devin managed to swipe a 'scrip pad and likes to mix wine and pharmaceuticals.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i find it a little weird how focused the op is on the lack of monetary value of the supposedly-stolen items, like, it's wrong to steal your roommate's mug and poo poo even if it's a cheap mug because it's not yours? it doesn't actually matter that the things aren't worth much money but she keeps repeating it as if it does, is all

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

OP is a klepto looking for an out.
It's telling that shes already in the "so what if i did steal it, it was worthless" phase.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Milotic posted:

Wife has built the perfect 'fleece a bunch of investors for an easy few years' startup but is too dumb/unaware to keep her own money out of it. She caught lightning in a bottle and wants to take off the lid. :thunkher:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Theophany posted:

My roommate [26F] has presented me [19F] with a list of things she believes I have stolen from her... I haven't taken anything and everything on the list is basically worthless

Reading into the comments suggests Devin managed to swipe a 'scrip pad and likes to mix wine and pharmaceuticals.

Oh, yeah, probably mixing booze and benzos and throwing out/losing poo poo in the instant blackout she puts herself in.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

InediblePenguin posted:

i find it a little weird how focused the op is on the lack of monetary value of the supposedly-stolen items, like, it's wrong to steal your roommate's mug and poo poo even if it's a cheap mug because it's not yours? it doesn't actually matter that the things aren't worth much money but she keeps repeating it as if it does, is all

I think it's more that there would be no motive for her to steal her roommates worthless crap making the accusation all the more nonsensical, not that it would be OK if she had done so.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Theophany posted:

I [25F] am always second to my bfs [34M] mother - do I call it quits?

Lmfao loving :sever: lady and leave the manchild to succumb to Ursula already. :barf:

First of all, 69: Nice

Does she weight 420 lbs? If so, then Very Nice.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Probably should have broached this earlier

My husband [33m] admitted to me [31f] that he doesn't feel feelings like normal people, that he doesn't empathize or understand my emotions, and doesn't share in my excitement for our upcoming IVF embryo transfer, leaving me not knowing what to do

quote:

u/reddy_freddy_
We have been together almost 7 years. Married almost 4 ( in October). We've been through a lot. We've had a lot thrown at us over the years. Starting with our first miscarriage five years and change ago. From there we learned of infertility. Been through ivf. I had two surgeries. We had another miscarriage.

This month we're set to do another transfer. I'm super excited. Super nervous. Preparing for both the possibility of another loss as well as trying to get the apartment ready for a baby.

We've had a lot of small fights over the years. Nothing huge. Nothing that lasted much over a day. But they've all had the same theme. I don't feel emotionally supported, or cared about. I don't feel he understands me. Or thinks about me. I don't feel like I get enough from him. When I'm depressed I lash out because he doesn't act supportive. Not that he acts mean or anything. He just.. never considers how I feel. He usually says he will try better. And he does for a bit. Then he forgets. Or I start to act normal again, and for him, it's done and he no longer tries. Rinse, wait a few months, and repeat.

Today I was talking about painting the room the baby would be in, and he wasn't taking it seriously. We had a small argument over him not taking it seriously. Small potatoes stuff. But then I told him I wished he could be as excited as I was. That I'm going through a lot and I'm trying to reconcile my feelings about the possibility of another loss, more depression, and how to at the same time fix our crappy 400sq fr apartment up to be able to properly house a baby. This was at the bus stop as we we're waiting for the bus to take him to work. The bus cane while I was crying (I'm pms'ing and super emotional by this point). He didn't come to me for his normal goodbye kiss. Left.

But on his way home he wrote me some messages in response to some of mine. Basically he stated that he no longer wanted to lie/pretend anymore and had to tell me via message cause he couldn't tell me in person. He said that he doesn't feel anything really. That he doesn't understand emotions the way normal people may. He says he knows the words. When I explain how I feel he understands the words but has no frame of reference for my feelings. He tries to force himself to do what's expected of what I need but often fails because he doesn't understand it at all. He says he doesn't share in my happiness or excitement over anything. Including baby stuff. I asked him then if he was just having a baby with me, just for me. And he said no, but that he doesn't feel the same way about it as I do.

I told him he needs to see a therapist. He agreed. He even found the one to call already tomorrow. But he also says it's something that's gotten progressively worse over the years. And that while he will try to see someone about it, that he doesn't think it'll do anything, and that I have to try to accept that it may always be like this.

I don't know how I'm supposed to do that. I really don't know what to do with this information, and I feel like I'm losing my mind. Now how am I supposed to try to have a baby? And be happy about it knowing he doesn't feel the same? I don't know if I'm making any sense. I have no one really to talk to in real life so I came here...

Tl;dr: husband told me today that he doesn't feel emotions like a normal person and doesn't share in my excitement in having a baby. Don't know how to continue this way now that we're about to have another IVF cycle.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Milotic posted:

My husband [33m] admitted to me [31f] that he doesn't feel feelings like normal people, that he doesn't empathize or understand my emotions, and doesn't share in my excitement for our upcoming IVF embryo transfer, leaving me not knowing what to do

Sounds like another succubus has claimed her victim, sucking him dry of what few emotions he had until all he feels is dead inside.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Milotic posted:

Husband suppressing feelings so what

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Wife has built the perfect 'fleece a bunch of investors for an easy few years' startup but is too dumb/unaware to keep her own money out of it. She caught lightning in a bottle and wants to take off the lid. :thunkher:

Yeah i don't know if they've just been turned down by investors, have no idea they can do that, or are taking some sort of moral stand against them but 80k isn't going to do much for them as a business of 20 people. Also how the gently caress do you convince 20 loving people to work for free at a company that is clearly bullshit.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Ouhei posted:

Yeah i don't know if they've just been turned down by investors, have no idea they can do that, or are taking some sort of moral stand against them but 80k isn't going to do much for them as a business of 20 people. Also how the gently caress do you convince 20 loving people to work for free at a company that is clearly bullshit.

From the sounds of it they got exactly the type of person you'd expect

Entertainment 720 wasn't fiction

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
If you can get 20 people to work for free for you, you need to start thinking about starting a cult or something.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

blugu64 posted:

If you can get 20 people to work for free for you, you need to start thinking about starting a cult or something.

doesn't sound like they're working

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Admittedly from r/JustNOMIL, but :asoiaf:

From ok to nc in one sentence (TW: child abuse mentioned)

quote:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Edit: First of all thank you all for your support and kind words. I'm so sorry but I most likely won't be able to answer all these comments personally so I will answer some of the major points here: Before my husband called the witch, he told our son that he is incredible proudof him and he is the best son a father could ask for. He is our absolute hero and I'm sure he knows how proud we are of him. He is really into hiking and camping, so they both will go tosome Outdoor Shops tomorrow to buy gear for a father-son hiking trip within the next weeks. For our daughter I will most likely try to organise a last-minute holiday-on-a-farm thing. I also told our son that reddit declared him to be a hero. Greetings to all of you. :)
The therapist of our daughter was on vacation last week. She has her next appointment an tuesday, we will give the therapist a call before to inform her what happened.
Regarding self defence courses: We talked about it, but at the moment our daughter really struggles with physical contact with strangers, especially men - so we most likely will have to
Until know nothing new from MIL since wednesday. I still have no idea what the was thinking about how this should end well. A friend of mine is a lawyer, I will talk to here about possible further steps.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Please excuse some mistakes or strange sentence as english is not my mother tongue.

Background story: My husband and I have two children, a daughter (9 yo) and a son (13 yo). Our daughter was raped around 18 month ago while playing outside. Physically she fully recovered and is attending therapy twice a week to help her to process it. Of course our closer family knows what happened and that it's the reason for certain behaviors but all in all this little girl is incredible strong and cheerful regarding the ciurcumstances. DS however since this incident is even more protective about her and gets upset if someone is even looking at her the wrong way. The rapist was jailed and will hopefully rot in prison. Immediately after the incident, DD described him as "dark masked man".

School holiday started last week but since my husbandand I still have to work, the kids visited the Zoo with my MIL. MIL is mostly ok with a sometimes a bit annoying attitude but nothing close to just no. Until Wednesday.

Around 3:00 i got a call from my really upset DS who told me that they both don't want to stay with MIL and are heading home on their own but refused to tell me what happened. I tried to call MIL but she didn't response. I drived home as fast as I could and arrived more or less together with a still sobbing DD and a murderous looking DS. DS told me there was a minor argument in the Zoo between DD and MIL. Apparently DD wanted to stay in the petting zoo, MIL said it's time to leave. Nothing important. However, when DD refused to leave, MIL said to her (and DS and DD both gave me the same wording:

"If you don't behave like a good girl, I will ask the dark masked man to come back."

DD started to cry. Ds yelled at MIL, took DD and left. (I'm proud of him.) MIL texted my husband about the misbehaviour of our kids.
We told Dh everything after he came home. He called his mother to inform her that he won't attend her funeral. We will be on NC once and forever.
And DD once more is looking around every second she is outside to make sure that the dark masked men can't catch her again.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Theophany posted:

WHAT THE gently caress?!?

Death is too good for that poo poo-licker.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Fatkraken posted:

doesn't sound like they're working

These must be the assholes behind '6 millennials from [your town] are disrupting a 2 billion dollar industry!’ which is a real lol when [your town] is something like Toad Suck

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I just can't even fathom how evil that mother is.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Why do reddit idiots on these boards feel the need to make a weird code you need to learn to understand their posts, always DD this and MIL that...

Also loving murder that bitch.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mother-in-Law thinks she's all edgy.

"What's the matter, did I trigger you?" :smug:
-Fuckwit MIL

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
DS should have pushed MIL into the TP (tiger pit)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Theophany posted:

No wonder Devin freaked out. There’s two missing cat figurines.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Kullik posted:

Why do reddit idiots on these boards feel the need to make a weird code you need to learn to understand their posts, always DD this and MIL that...

MIL is acceptable because it's long and also in common use but yeah I loving hate DS and DD and DH

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Theophany posted:

permanent psychological scars.txt

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Theophany posted:

:murder:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I feel like that lady married to the cat figurine guy deserves everything she gets. She's not only ridiculously stupid, she has the gall to say that her husband isn't "gaming the system" because he's not "on welfare." Never mind the fact that he only works cash jobs so he can avoid paying tax, and has 200k in student loans that he just decided he didn't want to pay back. At least he's not on food stamps. How could you just accept it at face value that your husband can literally never work again because 100% of his income will be garnished?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Buy that son a new Nintendo or something, good job sticking up for his sister, and that MIL should now be dead to them. Unforgivable.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

Buy that son a new Nintendo or something, good job sticking up for his sister, and that MIL should now be dead to them. Unforgivable.

What do you mean, to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Kullik posted:

JustNoMIL is a whole subreddit full of unreadable garbage. I'd kinda rather it not be posted here unless you wanna edit the text to use names instead of acronym soup...

Holy poo poo that MIL though...