Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

VanSandman posted:

She was an executive assistant asked to play babysitter because her boss doesn’t give a poo poo about family, and was deliberately abandoned by the kids she was trying to keep safe. Her death is a direct result of the insane negligence of both her bosses, and is gruesome and drawn out.
Jurassic World sucks.

Yeah, this is one of the problems with Jurassic World - it doesn't play fair, by horror-movie rules. Zara gets the death that should have been Claire Dearing's.

https://i.imgur.com/yybVgEs.mp4

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Aug 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I too am disturbed by death by CGI dino, and the reminders it brings of everyone that died in WW2 to dinos and we must all remember the dino was inside us all along so we should support are troops who are thinking of the children and jesus and the bible.
build wal

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mezzanine posted:

I saw the movie at home recently, and I've always wondered how the crowds reacted in the theaters to that scene because my reaction was kind of a "whug..." of disgust and disbelief

I kept waiting for the punchline of her climbing out of the tank. When it never happened, I was just kind of confused.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I too am disturbed by death by CGI dino, and the reminders it brings of everyone that died in WW2 to dinos and we must all remember the dino was inside us all along so we should support are troops who are thinking of the children and jesus and the bible.
build wal

Good news: pterosaurs are not dinosaurs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You aren't supposed to think about anything that happens in Jurrasic World. You're just supposed to go "Ooh! Dinosaurs!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

You aren't supposed to think about anything that happens in Jurrasic World. You're just supposed to go "Ooh! Dinosaurs!"

"Ooh! An inaccurate depiction of dinosaurs where none of them have feathers!" more like

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Guy Goodbody posted:

"Ooh! An inaccurate depiction of dinosaurs where none of them have feathers!" more like

Would dinosaurs have had giant birdsongs instead of roars?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

The addressed this. BD Wong was all like "We made wrong dinosaurs so you, the audience, wouldn't have to think quite as hard".

Learn to pay attention.

And then forget how to pay attention.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aleph Null posted:

Maybe! The problem with trying to figure out how extinct animals sounded based on nasal passages and skull shapes is that it leaves out the interact of fleshy parts like tongues and lips.

Like, imagine if some aliens land on earth 100 years from now, pick up a human skull, blow through the sinuses, and say "That's what humans sounded like!"

Basically, there's literally no way to prove that all dinosaur vocalization wasn't just blowing big ol wet raspberries.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

New Ark update lookin good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

The addressed this. BD Wong was all like "We made wrong dinosaurs so you, the audience, wouldn't have to think quite as hard".

They could've made dinosaurs even scarier by giving them feathers. They didn't have to make the T-rex look like this

They could've made it look like this

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Pakled posted:

New Ark update lookin good

Aw, I was hoping for a new Morrowind.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:kimchi: I wanna rub its bellyfeathers

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Wait does that mean Big Bird from sesame street is a dinosaur?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ak Gara posted:

Wait does that mean Big Bird from sesame street is a dinosaur?

All birds are dinosaurs :ssh:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Aleph Null posted:

Most Dinosaurs seem to lack the connectors for a syrnix, so probably not. T-Rex probably sounded like deep parts of the JAWS theme or the ultra-low-frequency THX sound test at the start of the movie because that poo poo carries for miles.

It would've vibrated the water in the glass, but with its mere proximity rather than its footsteps. You would've felt a nearby T-Rex with your bones and could probably tell how close it was by how badly the vibrations made you want to poo poo your pants (oh hey, Ark may have gotten something right).

:pseudo: Adult T-Rex probably didn't have feathers, but the young ones almost certainly did. T-Rex's forearms were tipped with 4cm claws (the raptor claws in the JP movies are 3.5 cm, for comparison) and were swole as gently caress, so while they probably got phased out in favor of just biting the poo poo out of stuff as the T-Rex aged, its babies were still movie velociraptors with knives on their hands.

As much fun as we make of T-Rex for its tiny little arms, you don't grow bones like this if they're just vestigial:

Edit: Carnotaurus did have vestigial arms, for comparison, but they never skipped leg day!

PoptartsNinja has a new favorite as of 18:26 on Aug 3, 2018

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

All birds are dinosaurs :ssh:

The day I realized the truth of this was a joyful day

like, all of a sudden I like to eat Kentucky Fried Dinosaur

the feeder full of seeds in my tree is visited regularly by dinosaurs

if I park under the wrong street lamp, my car gets coated in dinosaur poo poo

it's loving magical

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Phy posted:

it's loving magical

wait until you realize that right now, you are technically in space

So everything you interact with, you can add the word "space" in front of it

I'm going to go home tonight in my space car, kiss my space wife and sit down to watch some space television. I might order a space pizza and the space pizza deliveryman will bring it.

In the morning, I'll be awoken by the cheerful sound of the chirping space dinosaurs

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

wait until you realize that right now, you are technically in space

So everything you interact with, you can add the word "space" in front of it

I'm going to go home tonight in my space car, kiss my space wife and sit down to watch some space television. I might order a space pizza and the space pizza deliveryman will bring it.

In the morning, I'll be awoken by the cheerful sound of the chirping space dinosaurs

That reminds me, wasn't there a Dino Crisis game set in a space station?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zanzibar Ham posted:

That reminds me, wasn't there a Dino Crisis game set in a space station?

yeah but those were genuinely space dinosaurs

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Phy posted:

it's loving magical

Wait until you realize that people are fish.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phanatic posted:

That's the wrong takeaway from the Shape of Water

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

Ok, but they're 70 kg. You could suplex it.

Today in cool science facts: A quetzalcoatlus was the size of a giraffe, but it weighed so little that if it gave you any guff you could suplex it.

I really hope you rate the danger of all animals purely on their suplexibility.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I like to imagine the quetzalcoatlus hunted by flying straight at things like a huge lawn dart. Just look at him!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I like to imagine the quetzalcoatlus hunted by flying straight at things like a huge lawn dart. Just look at him!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Scyther arms own

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The surinam toad style back holes do not, however.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

All you feather haters need to learn more about birds.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfDqkHUw-M

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
https://youtu.be/V452LRZRrB0

"Real" t-rex sound

hrm

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Birds are loud, disgusting and mean so I must conclude, sadly, that dinosaurs blew rear end

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

That is cheating; that fucker was more dangerous than Heavy in Far Cry 3 and there is a good reason why that person is holding a steel plate capable of stopping a 9mm bullet.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

y'all remember when we were supposed to get a Jurassic Park 4 that featured dinosaurs with guns

i just assume that was moved into the timeline where bernie won

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Hjalmar posted:

y'all remember when we were supposed to get a Jurassic Park 4 that featured dinosaurs with guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9k9g-LdUCc

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Phanatic posted:

*Holds up a plucked chicken*

Behold! A man!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Did this bug ever do anything other than think about eating you?

zoux posted:

That's the wrong takeaway from the Shape of Water

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Lakedaimon posted:

Im pretty sure im one of like 9 people who actually saw that movie in the theater

Ooh ooh I did too. Loved it then and still love it. Totally underrated classic

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

god that sucks. Cursed image for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Isn't that like swans drawn using only their skeletons for reference?