Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah would be better as "they", I think they're meant to be genderless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowcaster posted:

also i never figured out the difference between broken sword shadow of the templars and beneath a steel sky

They're completely different games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yea qu's are genderless though different versions refer to different qu's as being different genders, or at least assigning them male or female roles or neither

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ll tell you this, whenever posters talk about any given Tales Of [fantasy name]-ia game I switch off because there is no way I’m going to tell any of their titles apart

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Beyond Two Condemned Soul Suspects: Murdered Criminal Origins

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

I’ll tell you this, whenever posters talk about any given Tales Of [fantasy name]-ia game I switch off because there is no way I’m going to tell any of their titles apart

tales of hearts, tales of innocence and tales of the abyss

also none of them are fantasy names they're mostly just the basic theme of the game's story. berseria is called berseria cause it's about a world where people loving brutalize each other, tales of destiny is called tales of destiny because it is about destiny maybe

tales of the abyss does take place inside of an abyss though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

I find it easy to recognise different words

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

deadly premonition: the indigo prophecy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I assume the Trails and Tales games are all the same

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What? I’m talking about the Tales of Vesperia stuff.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dangan ronpa: dancing all night

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

bloodychill posted:

That’s a cheap and ingenuous thing to say.

You should go post on resetera where your brand of "Naughty Gods are infallible!!!!!" are the expected norm.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I assume the Trails and Tales games are all the same

they're mostly opposites actually

tales is like a final fantasy thing but with more stylized, colorful aesthetics, action rpg combat and a strong focus on inter-party interaction and humor, trails is a long-running lower budget jrpg series that's set up as a long running story cut up into arcs that all take place in the same world at different places and mostly different periods of time, with a turn-based combat system focused around delays and buffs

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so seriously, riddle me this, why do so many "official" wiki pages for games have far less information than like, random IGN guides or w/e

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

so seriously, riddle me this, why do so many "official" wiki pages for games have far less information than like, random IGN guides or w/e

can't spell convenIently knowledGeable aNd helpful without IGN

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ign guides and wikis are both built by the same thing, fans of the game that have time on their hands. the quality will vary based on how many of them are around and where they choose to congregate

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1025419318920544256

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrjMq4aL-g

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm wearing a pyre tshirt right now at work

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait i've got another one, nioh: automata

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
can't spell COol New Game tip REadinG mATErials without lego pirates of the caribbean for the sega genesis

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lmao

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1025434223782457345

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the best trans character would be erica in catherine if the game wasn't horrifically transphobic to her. her actual character is cool but she's in a terrible world of assholes and even the story design is an rear end in a top hat to her

humble monthly games this month include hat in time, the surge, kona, and pathologic classic hd, so thats a really good month

next month is tales of berseria, staxel, and sniper elite 4 as the headliners

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wario knows what the people want

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i'm wearing a pyre tshirt right now at work

Here’s my work story for the day: I was eating grapes at my desk, dropped one on the floor, then spent five minutes trying to find it. But it loving disappeared, I don’t loving know

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the best trans character would be erica in catherine if the game wasn't horrifically transphobic to her. her actual character is cool but she's in a terrible world of assholes and even the story design is an rear end in a top hat to her

humble monthly games this month include hat in time, the surge, kona, and pathologic classic hd, so thats a really good month

next month is tales of berseria, staxel, and sniper elite 4 as the headliners

the modern persona team is pretty transparently headed up by conservative old dudes who haven't gone a single game without either having one really weird, homophobic/transphobic bit that's completely out of place, or having some potentially really good, relevant stuff that they totally screw up. i hope persona 6 is headed up by a new team and the only carryover is the ui designers and maybe some of the people involved with persona 3 portable, cause that was led by different people from the usual leads and iirc femc's side of stuff cut out a lot of the weirder stuff including the random inexplicable bit of transphobia at the beach

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

Here’s my work story for the day: I was eating grapes at my desk, dropped one on the floor, then spent five minutes trying to find it. But it loving disappeared, I don’t loving know

it was actually a beetle

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What? I’m talking about the Tales of Vesperia stuff.

Tales of Hesperia didn't have the same ring to it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

deadly premonition: the indigo prophecy

Deadly Prophecy: The Indigo Premonition

Legend of Legacy or Legacy of Legend?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Legend of Octopath: Breath of the Traveler

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Of course Tales of Beseria is one of the early unlock games on this months Humble Bundle because i bought it for 20 euro on PS4 earlier this week.

You're welcome everyone.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMVexx

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMVexx

treme Beach Volleyball

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Seems like this is the first Monthly I'll buy in a while, gonna get that Berseria

Saint Freak posted:

I got a legit laugh out of 'me boingy' though so thanks for that.

I laughed so much I got hiccups to screw them for that :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i watched When Marnie Was There yesterday and while lovely in some aspects, it also seemed like a movie-long slapfight between two writers with vastly different ideas of where they wanted the story to go

like there's absolutely no way not to read Anna and Marnie's relationship as romantic but then surprise it's actually ghost grandma??

anyway that's what i did instead of playing a video game

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

chumbler posted:

treme Beach Volleyball

Woah Dave Mirra Freestlye BMVexxtreme Beach Volleyballz 3D

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

a bitchin jetski posted:

Of course Tales of Beseria is one of the early unlock games on this months Humble Bundle because i bought it for 20 euro on PS4 earlier this week.

You're welcome everyone.

i bought it for full price last summer and am fine with that because i really liked it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looper posted:

i watched When Marnie Was There yesterday and while lovely in some aspects, it also seemed like a movie-long slapfight between two writers with vastly different ideas of where they wanted the story to go

like there's absolutely no way not to read Anna and Marnie's relationship as romantic but then surprise it's actually ghost grandma??

anyway that's what i did instead of playing a video game
I watched The Man From Planet X today myself.

It features a man. He came from Planet X.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

i bought it for full price last summer and am fine with that because i really liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Support the developers you like when you can.

• Locked thread