Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

What can I make in the dojo btw? Anything as a newbie? I'm just unlocking Europa right now...

Whatever the clan has researched. akgoon has a fair bit. You still have to replicate the blueprints and make the items yourself, but there's a lot of clan-only items in there. There's a lot of low-mastery items in there that are useful. Got myself a handy ignis for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Whatever the clan has researched. akgoon has a fair bit. You still have to replicate the blueprints and make the items yourself, but there's a lot of clan-only items in there. There's a lot of low-mastery items in there that are useful. Got myself a handy ignis for example.

Which room do I go to for this and what exactly do I have to do?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Which room do I go to for this and what exactly do I have to do?

Walk around the dojo and find research labs.
There are 4 different lab varieties and they have different blueprints for you to copy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man I know I'm crazy for this but melee 3 might get me to finally quit this game

The weird different combos and learning them and how each weapon and stance were different was one of my favorite things in the game. I liked learning each one and figuring out the rhythm and hidden combos in them. It's the first gameplay change that has me really uncomfortable.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Really? I hated them with a passion, really glad they're going.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Avynte posted:

When Reb demo'd the new fang prime she mentioned that daggers have felt unloved by a lot of people, so it definitely seems to be on their radar. We'll have to see how they add some kind of sweeping strikes to the combos though so we aren't just doing endless ground slams to kill hordes.

The claws they demoed (I think the Venka) looked loving great and the finisher was absolutely brutal looking. Like a weird boxing stance, with clawed gloves.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, I won't miss them especially with an overall weapon buff. Being in a party with volt was a liability since he would boost you and suddenly all combos were impossible to pull off. Gap closing melee is way more useful, especially if it has auto targeting like the Atlas punch.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

For what it's worth, aside from the gap closer and new things, tempo royal still looked like a smoothed tempo royal. I think a lot of the pre existing combos with still be there with new moves thrown in to accommodate whatever depths the movement based combo system has.

They also said they were showing off the very basics of the system, rebb wasn't exactly a combo master yet. So you could change up the flow of a combo with more than just directional movement, blocking, specific heavy attack timing, basically anything other than pausing could still execute the same combo. Or a very similar one that flows better and has more mobility.

I've come to really like the cleaving whirlwind whirlwind timing, but that's mostly because I love twirling around like a barbarian. I'm eager to see what the new method brings in terms of execution.

And hey talks of Vauban and Nyx finally getting reworks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the fighting game combos suck and don't work really well in a game where at any given point maybe 30 things are all shooting at you at once. if i want to contend with that i'll just play a game that's actually built around the idea of it instead of someone arbitrarily deciding a handful of weird bullshit to be different for each stance.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'll miss shimmering blight's cool butterfly kick, but I'll gladly sacrifice it if it means the other combos go.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't think they're getting rid of all the things that make stances unique, they're smoothing it all out

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yeah, it looked like most of the same combos were present, just executed intuitively via movement and rhythm instead of tappa-tappa-tappa. Plus some new moves added, like they showed how each stance has different gap closers for the same weapon.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Crushing Ruin's pause combo is the only good pause combo in this game. However I am all for new things and I'll always try a thing DE has made first before critiquing.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

this sounds like another one of those changes where someone will be viewed as loving crazy if they say they prefer the old version

humph, Saryn 1.0 was the best Saryn :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

nerdz posted:

Being in a party with volt was a liability since he would boost you and suddenly all combos were impossible to pull off.

Backflip to remove the Volt buff when you don't want it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Psion posted:

if someone has a really nice bullshit riven and maiming strike combo that OHKs 155 bombards and they can't immediately duplicate that in the new system i'd at least understand WHY they might complain about it but for anyone else, yeah, it's looking really good

This is my guandao riven. I'm still ok with this.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
While I'm looking forward to the new melee system, it's actually weird that I'm also a little hype for the changes to Temporal Anti-Aliasing. I don't think I've ever played a game where it's been utilized well, and the way they've changed it looked pretty crisp, where usually TAA turns things to mush.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 3, 2018

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
TAA can be done well but it often needs a sharpening filter to accompany it. Doom 2016 had a really good implemention of it

I actually thought the existing implemention in current Warframe was tastefully done too, but then again I know that TAA can look very thick and blurry at 1080p, I game at 4k and its presence isn't quite as noticeable there

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Warframe already had the best TAA implementation I've ever seen, back in 2016 when it was called "Temporal + SMAA (Preview)".
Then they changed it somehow and now it's way worse.

Hopefully this new implementation will be way better.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't think they're getting rid of all the things that make stances unique, they're smoothing it all out
It would be hard to implement since it's this long, flowing twirtly chain that I'm not sure they'll be able to separate out into clickable steps.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

im really bad at charge and pause combos but gosh darn it i can hold down rmb and block combo all day long

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It would be hard to implement since it's this long, flowing twirtly chain that I'm not sure they'll be able to separate out into clickable steps.

The animation sets they showed off during the devstream seemed to have a decent amount of variety, so I would be surprised if they changed so much. The block attack for the claws looked like a series of quick jabs and not a gap closer like the others shown.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Here’s what AKGOON needs contributions for, if anyone wants to pitch in:

Tenno lab
Stim packs
Talons
Scourge
Wukong parts
Amesha parts
Elytron parts

Energy lab
Antiserum injector

Bio lab
Hema (lol)

Chemical lab
Twin krohkur
Knux

And colors, but that’s not as important as the turtle statues everywhere.

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 4, 2018

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

that logo is so wonderful I think I have to jump ship for it

who do I bug for an invite once I exit goon proper?

Edit
that works too

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 4, 2018

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

sushibandit posted:

I'm thinking it should be the alliance logo and the offshoot can have Psylotus

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

WebDO posted:

This would be best, I think

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Bug me, but use the application, otherwise I’ll forget.

And I don’t wanna pay to change it again >:/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sushibandit posted:

I'm glad you like it.
Join us on the GooИ side.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Join us on the GooИ side.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

WebDO posted:

No way, psylotus and vordog belong together :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they keep the old combo animations then they don't have to make new animations. i don't see why de wouldn't keep as much of the old stuff for the new system as possible.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Grondoth posted:

Man I know I'm crazy for this but melee 3 might get me to finally quit this game

The weird different combos and learning them and how each weapon and stance were different was one of my favorite things in the game. I liked learning each one and figuring out the rhythm and hidden combos in them. It's the first gameplay change that has me really uncomfortable.

You are weird. Melee looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in 3.0, even with this early dev stuff.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
As long as they keep the Gunsen's little fan wave, which everyone seems to loathe but I have a strange love for.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Did all of you miss the new end game? Dojo cribs baby!

Interiorfashionframe!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

aight left maingoon and resubmitted an app through the OP link

herp derp finally got around to joining the discord and found the right form

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 4, 2018

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
I need a recommendation for an MR5 automatic rifle I can take with me into mid-late game. Already have a potatoe'd hek and building the atomos

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pikey posted:

I need a recommendation for an MR5 automatic rifle I can take with me into mid-late game. Already have a potatoe'd hek and building the atomos

Get to MR6 and build the Soma.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Avulsion posted:

This is my Zephyr build:

You might want to get a little bit of extra range on that (a single stretch in place of augur message will do it), going that low will cause issues with your 3 because it'll be too small to deflect ammo before it hits you, in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Super dumb question: how many forma can install on a weapon at one time? If you have eight forma, can you polarise all its slots at once?