Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

Not at work due to leg failure so here

Is this gout from AFP?

(I laughed at the photoshop, thanks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

Burn it to the ground.
Sherman tried to

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:thejoke:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'll pm you the recipe for the syrup (called an orgeat) and the cocktail.

Or I'll just post it here when I get time.

gently caress yes. Doing this ASAP.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Picnic Princess posted:

Not at work due to leg failure so here

I'm dying

this would make for a wonderful thread concept

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'll pm you the recipe for the syrup (called an orgeat) and the cocktail.

Or I'll just post it here when I get time.
Think I got a weekend project. When you say "pulverize", how fine do they need to be, cause in my experience there's a really fine line between "big chunks of peanut" and "pre-peanut butter"?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

My Lovely Horse posted:

Think I got a weekend project. When you say "pulverize", how fine do they need to be, cause in my experience there's a really fine line between "big chunks of peanut" and "pre-peanut butter"?

I don't think you'd want it too fine, because otherwise you'll get a bunch of dust floating around in there that you can't strain out. If it doesn't taste peanutty enough you can always just steep it for longer, or add more. Another thought is that you might be able to use a splash of peanut oil, instead. Just toss it in with an egg white and shake to combine.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

pureed consistency, as the recipe is having you make peanut milk

Ziv Zulander posted:

a bunch of dust floating around in there that you can't strain out.
use muslin cloth instead of cheesecloth if you're getting particulate

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You want like rough chopped. You're making a syrup, so you don't want bits in there.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MariusLecter posted:

Dollar Tree $4 Seafood Feast - WHAT ARE WE EATING?? - The Wolfe Pit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0irMTUJjHq0

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with the Long John Silver's Experience.

Also those hands belong in the AUG thread

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I thought "cucumber water" was some Better call Saul gag I didn't get. Thanks to this thread I found out that it is real but figured it was a uniquely american thing.

This morning I see an ad for this

Who asked for this??

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Cucumber is mild and refreshing. It is practically water already.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I would drink that

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Cucumber tea is super refreshing in the summer so I'd totally try cucumber Sprite.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yeah, that's gonna be delicious. I want it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad I'm not the only one drinking cucumber anything. Now I can slow down a little, secure in the knowledge that the cucumber-flavored beverage industry won't collapse with other like-minded people supporting it.

Last week I had a cucumber margarita at a place that makes an extremely good margarita. The cuke version was spectacular, and very refreshing.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Fishstick posted:

I thought "cucumber water" was some Better call Saul gag I didn't get. Thanks to this thread I found out that it is real but figured it was a uniquely american thing.

Who asked for this??

It has to be better than Sprite Icy Mint which tastes like drinking carbonated mouthwash.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Fishstick posted:

Who asked for this??

Het was ik, de komkommerman.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Cucumber Sprite is available in the UK. I had one can and that was enough for the rest of my life. It's not vile, but it's definitely not even close to good. The cucumber is mostly just a weird aftertaste, the lemon and lime overwhelms it. And it's a really weird aftertaste. No thanks.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

There's cucumber flavored soda water which is p deece.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

spankmeister posted:

There's cucumber flavored soda water which is p deece.

I had one and it was the very definition of "crisp".

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I remember going to The World Of Coke here in Atlanta and the Chinese sodas are legit just great. Very fruity. Whatever you do, don't drink Beverly from Italy. It's vile and one kid on the same field trip puked.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Croatoan posted:

I remember going to The World Of Coke here in Atlanta and the Chinese sodas are legit just great. Very fruity. Whatever you do, don't drink Beverly from Italy. It's vile and one kid on the same field trip puked.

the tour guides will specifically point it out as a dare

fine coca-cola tradition

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/beverly-love-it-or-hate-it

(beverly is a nonalcoholic apertif, competes with campari)

bob dobbs is dead has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Aug 3, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’m sure they have Beverly there purely to elicit the reaction of “those ca-razy euro-peeins, what won’t they drink, huh Edna?”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Epcot has a smaller scale World of Coke setup with Beverly. I think they actually stopped manufacturing Beverly except for World of Coke dispensers because of its memetic reputation.

Becoming a functioning alcoholic has given me less sensitivity for bitterness, so I like to help goad people into drinking it by taking shots without making a face so they'll think it's normal.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Admittedly as a grown up I quite enjoy bitters in my booze so I can understand Beverly way more than I did as a kid.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Cucumber in beverages is fairly common, I've had cucumber based drinks that were pretty good. In fact there is even a wildly successful brand of boutique gin whose whole marketing angle hinges on the idea that it tastes like/goes well with cucumber in mixed drinks (Hendrick's)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I love Hendricks just neat, it's so good

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
There's a cucumber powerade that's pretty good.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
The cucumber/lime Gatorade is like the dressing from a Thai cucumber salad, in drink form. It’s amazing.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If you live on the West Coast/within 10Barrel's distribution area, Cucumber Crush is the king of summertime beers. Perfect for the balls-hot days of summer or as a shower beer after exercise/sport.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pleads posted:

If you live on the West Coast/within 10Barrel's distribution area, Cucumber Crush is the king of summertime beers. Perfect for the balls-hot days of summer or as a shower beer after exercise/sport.

Are you telling me it's better than Hell or High Watermelon?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Haverchuck posted:

Cucumber in beverages is fairly common, I've had cucumber based drinks that were pretty good. In fact there is even a wildly successful brand of boutique gin whose whole marketing angle hinges on the idea that it tastes like/goes well with cucumber in mixed drinks (Hendrick's)

I hate cucumber but still enjoy cucumber seltzer and even a cucumber beer I tried last summer. It’s the damndest thing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Arizona has a cucumber and green tea can that is the best summer drink ever.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

Strawberry, lime, cucumber and mint water

e;
this is a salad.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Are you telling me it's better than Hell or High Watermelon?

It's a different flavor! They're both delicious :)

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I love chips, but these are a step too far.
They are oddly sweet and have a strong chemical aftertaste.
Not recommended.
Cucumber water though is good.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Pleads posted:

If you're near New Orleans instead, Urban South's Lime Cucumber Gose can hit the same notes.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

MariusLecter posted:

Dollar Tree $4 Seafood Feast - WHAT ARE WE EATING?? - The Wolfe Pit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0irMTUJjHq0

After seeing this guy's gross hands, all I could think about was, "Moisturize me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Saw this tweet and thought of this thread

https://twitter.com/YungShitgrinder/status/1025435927903182849?s=19