Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Split soakers think they're playing smart, but they're really just cheating themselves.

The true spirit of the game is to have a clean 5v5 every objective on even talent tiers until ignored catapults end the game.

This is why QM is the "real" game mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Polio Vax Scene posted:

its a team brawler and you are afk in lane making us lose. reported.

actually it’s an Aeon of Strife Style Fortress Assault Game

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I started playing Maiev in QM and it's a nightmare. Is she less stressful in draft?

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Camel Camus posted:

I started playing Maiev in QM and it's a nightmare. Is she less stressful in draft?

I've been playing her a lot recently as well, issue is she needs to be against a number of melee characters to get her resets to do any meaningful damage since her cooldowns have been nerfed so hard.

I imagine she might fare a bit better in draft since you can probably wait to see if the enemy team has targets for you to hit before locking. Plus she feels way better when you have AOE heavy dps (Guldan, Kael, KTZ) on your team to pair with your tether/warden ult.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Polio Vax Scene posted:

its a team brawler and you are afk in lane making us lose. reported.

Wouldn't shock me, though I did go to all the objectives after the first (Cursed Hollow, as far away from me as possible, screw that).

We won, because it turns out having a big XP lead is important...

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Camel Camus posted:

I haven't played her, but yeah, she strikes me as one of those heroes that works as a counter-pick, like Tychus and Illidan. Against the wrong comp they're just miserable.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

icons are fresh hell and i loving hate doing them, but this one was fun

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
he-hey man

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Have they seriously not fixed the interaction between Shattering Throw and Fenix yet? Just had a game that was going incredibly well until Varian hit Shattering Throw and suddenly began taking 4000+ damage in under 3 seconds from Varian alone.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
It’s supposed to be fixed I think.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kanos posted:

Have they seriously not fixed the interaction between Shattering Throw and Fenix yet? Just had a game that was going incredibly well until Varian hit Shattering Throw and suddenly began taking 4000+ damage in under 3 seconds from Varian alone.

It definitely was fixed, I haven't heard about it breaking again. If Varian was twin blades, it's entirely possible he just blew Fenix up - shattering throw would not take multiple seconds. Twin blades is super popular in the low ranks because he can put out an incredible amount of damage quickly while retaining better durability than a lot of assassins (at the cost of a reliable escape).

If circumstances were right, he could have procced his trait twice in succession as well.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Smash would burst him even faster.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah, it is fixed.

TB Varian is the go-to pick for when the enemy team, for whatever reason, is disorganized. Meaning they lack the ability to CC and focus Varian and he is free to leech sustain. This is why TB winrates are so low in draft, because teams tend to be more coordinated (more in composition than in mechanical play, e.g. you always have CC, healers mitigate the value of Varian's infinite sustain, etc.) even within the same MMR tier.

That along with decent waveclear and excellent merc'ing makes it the QM go-to pick. But say you pop a QM game with tanks and healers and you're the 'tank,' if you go TB here you almost certainly lose for the above reason.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

and focus Varian

STOP

FOCUSING

THE

TANK!!!!

*backline is killed by tank*

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

appropriatemetaphor posted:

STOP

FOCUSING

THE

TANK!!!!

*backline is killed by tank*

Meanwhile your team's Sylvanas is afk pushing bot

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Had some guys yesterday essentially throw a brawl by feeding trying to get to Morales. They also had Genji and Hanzo.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

lucifirius posted:

Smash would burst him even faster.

It's been stated before, but Colossus Smash and Sonya's Leap ult have the most satisfying sfx in the entire game.

HOOOOAHHHHHN

HuhhhhhUHHHHHHHNNNG

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/31vyhu/sonyas_leap_as_ringtone/ reminds me of when I had the dota2 ping sound as my text notification for a while. It's really funny when someone recognizes it and looks at you then looks away when you look back.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Had some guys yesterday essentially throw a brawl by feeding trying to get to Morales. They also had Genji and Hanzo.

They were just trying to tell her they need healing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv6uovU7I_k

I feel like this got storyboarded before the nerfs.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

SirSamVimes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv6uovU7I_k

I feel like this got storyboarded before the nerfs.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I've been having a lot of fun today queuing into QM as a Johanna/Cassia duo with a friend. Johanna makes a solid frontline to let cassia work, and the blind synergy is very effective. Ring of the leech means cassia is getting a lot of health.

I can't fathom the Varians today who have gone twinblades against us though. The last one ended up with less hero damage than our Johanna. Turning butchers inside out is also much fun. Good against raynor too, but less of a complete shutdown.

I've mostly been q building with cassia, though doing some reading it appears that charged strikes is more standard. What do people think?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Charged Strikes used to be far more popular but they nerfed it down from a more silly state so people fled to Q build. Q build has the benefit of being super duper safe and once you've got the quest done, the CDR talent, and the pierce talent you can just make teamfights explode.

If you're specifically duoing with Johanna I can kinda see going Charged Strikes to take advantage of the additional blind and the fact that she can vacuum people together to help actually land the bounces. Though the same thing can be said of Q build too, really.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 5, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah q build seems to be the go to as you're able to poke people down and then jump in to finish.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
With all the diving and CC out there, a W Cassia will get blown up a lot. I found that I really liked playing her but if you aren't choosy about your W you put yourself at great risk. I ended up just using it for waveclear and a finisher. As weak as Q is at lvl 1, once you talent it up it feels pretty good and let's you stay off the front line.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

q build cassia is the real poo poo because it lets you deal lots of damage safely without sacrificing your burst potential. plus you stay pretty mobile what with all the kiting and poking so it performs well against THE DREADED CHROMIE

w/e build cassia fucks pretty hard and is a great hard counter to dive AAs, but it'll immediately flatline if you get CC'd at all so watch out for that

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Filthy Monkey posted:

I can't fathom the Varians today who have gone twinblades against us though.
QM Varians go twin blades every game, regardless of team comp

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Froghammer posted:

You might get a stray colossus smash in there, let's be fair now

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Froghammer posted:

I always go Smash actually

aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

NeurosisHead posted:

You might get a stray colossus smash in there, let's be fair now

The last week I've noticed several taunts in there, always Varians grouped with someone else.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Look at the numbers this Rexxar put up on BoE:

He was leading in hero damage all game until like the last minute, and all the deaths are Misha, he was alive all game. I asked him how he learned to play Rexxar so well, he replied "idk im pretty high right now"

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

How?!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
10 death Lili eesh

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

I know, right? I may watch the replay just to see. I just got done levelling him to 5 yesterday, I have no idea

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Did he take animal husbandry?

How much health did he have at the end if so?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n8NQ1KwtVg&t=335s

:coolfish:

should be queued up to 5:35

Credit can mostly go to cain's bottomless flasks but still nice

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

probably aspect of the beast at 7, beastial wrath at 10, and dire best at 13. it lets you do 500-700 misha charges per enemy hit every 6 seconds
e: 491 at level 13, 647 at level 20

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 6, 2018

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

He was leading in hero damage all game until like the last minute, and all the deaths are Misha, he was alive all game. I asked him how he learned to play Rexxar so well, he replied "idk im pretty high right now"

My hero

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Speaking of playing Rexxar, this morning I could not catch a break in QM. God tier Artanis, Chromie and Varian one after another. Felt bad, especially when I was doing so well with him yesterday.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Speaking of playing Rexxar, this morning I could not catch a break in QM. God tier Artanis, Chromie and Varian one after another. Felt bad, especially when I was doing so well with him yesterday.

Reminded me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XMVEZB4hEg&t=103s

Should start at 1:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Yeah, Artanis was wrecking me too. His swaps got me killed a bunch - Rexxar himself isn't all that tanky and has no mobility, and his only survivability is Play Dead, which isn't super effective when you're still going to be around the enemy team when it wears off.