Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
How come I never found out about that undercover Ranger dude?

Seriously, this game has so much content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Grandma Nightkin is best girl. She just has so much personality. This is a great game, definitely the best of the 3D offerings as far as I'm concerned

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Wugga posted:

How come I never found out about that undercover Ranger dude?

Seriously, this game has so much content.

Contreras is a pain in the rear end to deal with because there's no quick way to get to him. Also for me I could never find Isaac when I needed to so turned Contreras in for the gun. There's other vendors out there that don't need three loading screens.

e: and This Machine is my favourite gun in the game, though worthless for Sun.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 31, 2018

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Time for a challenge...

Chapter 47: Sun Vulture and the Eggs Benefit

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 10, 2019

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I love Sun playing surrogate granddaughter to Lilly, she really is the best granddaughter for Lilly. She can even take a hit if Lilly gets angry and accidentally the Sun Vulture!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Always curious as to how and why they had the time/inclination to put up a Yangtze War Memorial in the middle of the Nevada desert right before the nuclear war.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I've never seen the thorn

Hell, I didn't see half the things in New Vegas before I did a whole second playthrough from scratch, and this LP is still coming up with stuff.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HannibalBarca posted:

Always curious as to how and why they had the time/inclination to put up a Yangtze War Memorial in the middle of the Nevada desert right before the nuclear war.

I think from a video game perspective it's meant to be a first introduction to the "hey that looks interesting, let's go see what it is" format of exploration that the game is full of.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mean there isn't a ton of reason to even go to Westside, let alone that tiny manhole located in Westside

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Wow the lady from the Thorn is annoying as hell. At Sun's level I'd be tempted to disappoint her and show her how many fucks she actually gives.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I'd have been disappointed if you DIDN'T make that reference.

'awoooooooooooooooooooo'

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Heir03 posted:

Wow the lady from the Thorn is annoying as hell. At Sun's level I'd be tempted to disappoint her and show her how many fucks she actually gives.

Nah, when compared to how many caps we usually get per job, Red Lucy is VERY generous. Sun's getting paid thousands of caps just for getting eggs, so Lucy can be as... eccentric as she wants.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Just caught up with the LP, and I'm certainly enjoying it so far.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
Same, just caught up as well. Banner ad brought me here some time ago. Keep up the good work!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do you get a quest marker to egg places or is it more like, go hunting, here's a suggestion?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Glazius posted:

Do you get a quest marker to egg places or is it more like, go hunting, here's a suggestion?

The quest marker is put right on the eggs, yes.

And thanks for enjoying the LP so far, everyone!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
n'thing that this has been a really great read throughout, thank you for your hard work!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The egg hunt would be an utter nightmare without those markers, since most of them take you into the dreaded Invisible Walls of Bethesda

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Next update is taking longer than expected thanks to work, so here's a preview to keep y'all sated:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
At least two Deathclaws in that gif. Eww.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Oh god that place.

I never go there without an Anti-Materiel Rifle.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Blizzard-style Legendary creatures were always a goofy and unwelcome addition to fallout imo, especially when, as in that gif, they also import the “this one is HUGE” element.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 8, 2018

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Actually they’re rad and fun.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

It would seem that Death Valley got moved a bit north and a bit more literal.

Weeble posted:

I never go there without an Anti-Materiel Rifle.

Same here, though a Gauss rifle can also suffice. Melee's going to be fun to see.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Time for some egg-secutions!

Chapter 48: Sun Vulture and the Deathclaw Gauntlet

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 10, 2019

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I dunno, man. Trying to base yourself on the way people lived in the old world just seems like a doomed idea.

Oh, right.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I don't like all the writing in New Vegas, but when it's good, it really hits the mark.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm fairly sure the bit about someone who used to keep a female Deathclaw in a shed is a callback to Fallout 2, even.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, it's exactly like she says it goes down. In Modoc there's a shed, you open it and surprise, lady's granny here had a Deathclaw. You shoot it or probably die

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Podima posted:

I'm fairly sure the bit about someone who used to keep a female Deathclaw in a shed is a callback to Fallout 2, even.

One can safely assume that anything mentioned out west and/or more than a few years ago is a Fallout 1/2 reference, mostly 2.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

One can safely assume that anything mentioned out west and/or more than a few years ago is a Fallout 1/2 reference, mostly 2.

Ezekiel talking about the 'itinerant heroes' messing up the Khans is the player characters from 1 and 2. I always wipe them out in New Vegas as well; it's tradition really.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zomborgon posted:

2 was a much better game.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I think the omelets Rose sells in Modoc are called Wasteland Omelets. I think the deathclaw part is supposed to be a secret ingredient?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God, this quest. I love the Khans, but I fuckin' hate their quest. It's the single buggiest quest I ever deal with in my runs, just getting Karl to trigger alone is a pain in the rear end. Glad to see Sun had an easier time with it than I do. Deathclaws not withstanding.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Deathwind posted:

It is one of the least rewarding tracked quests in the game, both in lore and loot. Even the auto-failing quests are better as all but one are meaningful player choices and the last one is just glorious in it's own way.

I come from the past, slowly binging this LP (and will only read replies to this). Are you implying that there are "quests" that cannot actually be completed and will only ever fail, as a narrative tool? Cuz that's pretty neat.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

Dancer posted:

I come from the past, slowly binging this LP (and will only read replies to this). Are you implying that there are "quests" that cannot actually be completed and will only ever fail, as a narrative tool? Cuz that's pretty neat.

There are a bunch of quests for the NCR and the Legion that will automatically populate and fail if you advance the plot too far with one faction or the other, i.e. if you side with the NCR past a certain point you automatically fail all the Legions quests that you haven't completed and vice versa. If memory serves, similar things happen if you kill certain NPC's before doing certain quests.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Sorry this took so long, I was a little bit sick!

Chapter 49: Sun Vulture and the Westside Stories

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 10, 2019

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
That ending to Lilly's personal questline is such a :smith: moment. She deserves a good granddaughter like Sun, hopefully she can let go like so many others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Daw Lily. :( You're the best granny.