Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

homeless snail posted:

save your money for shenmue

Buy both

Sorry about your issues with Yakuza 0 though dude I just finally got home to play it and I haven't had a single issue so far, it's dope

Anyone who can't play Yakuza has my sympathies :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

This had bothered me forever: what the hell does Mai say when she wins? It sounds like "me boingy" but that can't be right and has to be me hearing what I want to hear. I did at one point try and look it up but came back with nothing.

Fake edit: just tried looking it up again and apparently it's "nippon ichi". I was, as expected, WAY off

FirstAidKite posted:

I just remembered a funny story (by funny I mean I think it's funny but it's probably moreso pathetic and sad). I've never played Skyrim in any way so I only know 3 things about it.

1. Macho Man mod
2. It keeps getting rereleased
3. The following tale

Back when it was first releasing, there was this guy I talked to because we were both in the same club at university. So there was a girl in the same club that this guy liked and he was trying to convince her to go out with him (she wasn't sure if she should mainly because she liked him but didn't want to distract herself from uni stuff iirc) and she eventually decided to just go ahead and go out with him. They hit it off, they liked each other, though this guy was definitely pretty strange, like he'd say stuff like "You know, if I was forced to shoot someone, I don't think I'd feel anything" just brought up out of nowhere and that kinda stuff was just... :yikes:

ANYWAY, so skyrim comes out and this guy is super excited for it. He goes, he gets it, and he plays it, and he is so utterly ecstatic about it that he gets his gf to play it and she likes it as well. He tells everybody he knows about how much he loves skyrim and how great it is.

Then he started talking about how he had skyrim sex.

His gf eventually broke up with him, I forget the specifics but I know one of the reasons was because when they'd have sex of any kind, he would need to be playing skyrim. Like, he needed the skyrim to be there, he needed to be playing it in addition to the sex because he didn't want to potentially miss out on time that could be spent playing skyrim. He was just absolutely obsessed with skyrim sex. Then he left after that semester and so did his ex-gf and idk what's going on with him now but I guess at least he isn't wanting for skyrim availability. Dude just has to find another girl that'll want to let him gently caress her while he games.

:drat: this is the best chat thread yet.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

imagine being a skyrimsexual

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

how casual is the combat in yakuza

neir automata was too hard for me to beat on automode and i don't want to be burned by another real time videogame

It's not hard but if Nier on auto was too hard for you you should probably just give up on games tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I did not enjoy the big twists at the end of danganronpa 1. Coming off finishing zero time dilemma it felt pretty week.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Having only played Yakuza 1 on ps2 the game is manageable until you fight Mijima then you scream into the void.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1025619977200656385

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

Having only played Yakuza 1 on ps2 the game is manageable until you fight Mijima then you scream into the void.

yakuza 1 combat, is not really comparable to modern yakuza combat at all at this point lol

hell, in yakuza 0 you get to be majima and do crazy breakdancing combos on entire clusters of dudes

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is Oxenfree any good? Super cheap on the eshop right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah, as long as you're okay with it being more of a walking sim than a proper adventure game it's pretty cool and spooky.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, as long as you're okay with it being more of a walking sim than a proper adventure game it's pretty cool and spooky.

I’m cool with that. For $5 I guess I can’t go wrong, thanks.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

you should probably just give up on games

well, i agree

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i want to play some Defrag but my right shoulders in a lot of pain inexplicably so i guess it's no mouse games for a while

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pirate Jet posted:

Its pretty good and the VA is great. Story doesnt stick the landing but its tense the whole way through

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It’s in my “saving for October/spooky” pile along with replays of Devil May Cry 1 and 3. This squirrel is saving a lot of nuts.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The same devs are making a game where you have to out drink satan to get out of hell so GOTY 2018 right there.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

imagine being a skyrimsexual

I’m wariosexual

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Do you think there will ever be another Metroid game that acknowledges the existence of baby Ridley

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope not

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hope Other M ends up like Sonic 06, where the developer declares the whole thing noncanon making it so the story at least will never be referenced again

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

halo 6 confirmed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNWSDvDqm9g

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Good poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have decided to build a proper full scale 4 player arcade cabinet.
I will regret this decision.

Thinking TMNT theme is the way to go.
May end up going with a pedestal design for my first go at it, and a full cabinet once I'm comfortable.

Now to spend the next month planning, researching, budgeting, and designing absolutely everything to the nth degree. :suicide:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

glam rock hamhock posted:

I hope Other M ends up like Sonic 06, where the developer declares the whole thing noncanon making it so the story at least will never be referenced again

Won't happen because Sakamoto is a crazy man

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Valkyrie Profile is so good...

Sometimes the translation gets a little rough, and you sort of have to cross your eyes to appreciate what's trying to be said. But I love how it's basically a collection of short stories: you go to a town and watch a five-minute tragedy, and you're off again.

Anyway, how are the sequels?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

Valkyrie Profile is so good...

Sometimes the translation gets a little rough, and you sort of have to cross your eyes to appreciate what's trying to be said. But I love how it's basically a collection of short stories: you go to a town and watch a five-minute tragedy, and you're off again.

Anyway, how are the sequels?

2 is good, but it's more of a straight JRPG. There is a focused plot, your party members still have tragic stories but they're just a bio you can read, the main character isn't exactly a Valkyrie. It also has a spectacular twist that turns the entire story up until that point in its head.

Wish I could replay it on my Ps4 because I never finished it despite getting to a point where places.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I never got round to Persona Q but Q2 is apparently bringing Hamuko back and that rules

Also gently caress, looks like I'm buying Okami one last time this month. And I can't remember anything about it but I remember I saw something about Little Dragons Cafe a while back and it looked cute

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samuringa posted:

2 is good, but it's more of a straight JRPG. There is a focused plot, your party members still have tragic stories but they're just a bio you can read, the main character isn't exactly a Valkyrie. It also has a spectacular twist that turns the entire story up until that point in its head.

Wish I could replay it on my Ps4 because I never finished it despite getting to a point where places.

valkyrie profile 2 is worth playing just for lezard, and liam o'brien hamming it the gently caress up as lezard

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

One of the things I remember about the original Valkyrie Profile is that the team that did the English localization also did the original Pokemon anime dub so you hear a lot of voices from that.

Or am I thinking of another game?

Edit: Yeah that's right. It was by TAJ Productions, according to this Wikipedia page that doesn't have an English version.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 4, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

One of the things I remember about the original Valkyrie Profile is that the team that did the English localization also did the original Pokemon anime dub so you hear a lot of voices from that.

Or am I thinking of another game?
No, you're correct. Meowth's voice actress voices like half the characters in Valkyrie Profile 1, including Arngrim and Lezard. Valkyrie Profile 2 has an entirely new voice cast, though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

also there was a chill vampire man or maybe he was an rear end, I can't remember

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

McDragon posted:

also there was a chill vampire man or maybe he was an rear end, I can't remember

he was a punch vampire that wanted to punch odin real hard

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I love levelling up my octopath travellers

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Also I’ve been RP-walking around Tokyo and it’s fun to experience the ambient sounds

Probably 1/4 of my playtime in Y6 is doing this. It's insanely detailed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Any game with stunt position is in GOTY contention
https://twitter.com/_DannyGarnett/status/1025114653184032768

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Housh posted:

I love levelling up my octopath travellers

I had intended to finish all the chapter 2 stories last night and ended up just exploring the side dungeons leveling up my Octopathers for the same reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
that new Spiderman game is gonna be so freakin good

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

kill the thief, save the car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
That thief survived with just minor scratches and bruises due to the bed of web off camera, clearly

• Locked thread