Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

It finally happened. I finally got a tabula drop in act 1 when I can actually use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I was unaware anyone, including this thread, still used IRC!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Diablo 3 has force to move as well. I bound it to my space bar and do the same thing in this game.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Gaardean posted:

V2.0 of my ability dps spreadsheet for anyone looking for skills to build around for flashback.

this got lost at the bottom of some page. quite interesting, nice work

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

house of the dad posted:

It finally happened. I finally got a tabula drop in act 1 when I can actually use it

The 1 month RNG has been very kind to me. Tabula from an Act 1 incursion and an ex orb from Merveil, wild.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Tip for the incursion race, Zerphis flask is 2 chaos because of the perandus mods, in incursion normal its 8 exalted orbs. This is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFktkwJjdks

You are basically invulnerable with it (unless you are standing in 2 uber elder beams while being hit by uber elder ice shots), you can skip a tonne of life nodes, life regen/life leech on the tree, and you can go full glass cannon, but actually you are healing 20k life per second so its not really glass cannon at all.

The interaction that makes this work is with blood magic support, it turns zerphi's into "Whenever you spend life to use a skill, gain 600% of the life spent over 4 seconds", you can scale it further with flask effect and life recovery.

Applebee123 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 4, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Applebee123 posted:

Tip for the incursion race, Zerphis flask is 2 chaos because of the perandus mods, in incursion normal its 8 exalted orbs. This is why:

You are basically invulnerable with it (unless you are standing in 2 uber elder beams while being hit by uber elder ice shots), you can skip a tonne of life nodes, life regen/life leech on the tree, and you can go full glass cannon, but actually you are healing 20k life per second so its not really glass cannon at all.

The interaction that makes this work is with blood magic support, it turns zerphi's into "Whenever you spend life to use a skill, gain 600% of the life spent over 4 seconds", you can scale it further with flask effect and life recovery.

I always wondered what Zerphi's was and now I'm glad I never bought one. That is Headhunter levels of "what is even the loving point anymore"

*adds to insta_vaal.txt*

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
drat that's a good tip, just bought one for 3 fusing.

Does Lavianga's cancel this out because it makes things cost no mana? Or is it based on the listed mana cost?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Applebee123 posted:

Papercut posted:

drat that's a good tip, just bought one for 3 fusing.

Does Lavianga's cancel this out because it makes things cost no mana? Or is it based on the listed mana cost?
Keep in mind you need a bit more effort than that. You need to prevent your mana regen from full to keep Zephri from canceling, so you need degen on it via MOM with Blood Rage or RF. And blood magic keystone straight up is no good since you have 0/0 mana so mana flasks wont even trigger, so you need a BM in your link.

So not hot droppable into evreything with no thought

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
For now I'll just use it as my life flask while leveling, since I'm always mana-starved and also spamming skills.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

extra row of teeth posted:

I posted in the IRC and didn't want to be a bug, but an invite would be awesome! Character name: Xeen_Vertigo

silvergoose posted:

I was unaware anyone, including this thread, still used IRC!

That got copypasted from a super old thread. Everyone uses the PoE Channel on the SA discord nowadays: https://discord.gg/zB4wkd

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Can someone help me understand PoB. How much damage am I doing? Molten Strike with 11 projectiles doing poison damage.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Some skills are hard to boil down to one number since the mechanic is hard to calculate, like how many balls impact on your target with MS. You can ballpark it by taking the magma ball number and multiplying by a back of the envelope number and APS but pob won't do it for you.

In your case it's 2250.7 x number of balls that hit

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ak Gara posted:

Can someone help me understand PoB. How much damage am I doing? Molten Strike with 11 projectiles doing poison damage.

It's hard to compare different skills to each other, so what I typically do is compare same to same. I recommend you download a level 90+ character from poe.ninja/builds or from a guide somewhere and compare. If they are doing 50k per ball, and you are doing 2k per ball, thats the difference you should be paying attention to.

The only "external" number that typically gets thrown around is 500k shaper dps, but some skills are too hard to calculate for that. ROA is in a similar situation.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Apparently I got purged. Add slo_LogOffPolice please.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Just removed all the IRC references in the OP in 2018

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

J posted:

Just removed all the IRC references in the OP in 2018

thats hosed up

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
uber elder is...hard, but not as terrifying as I expected

I would have won handily on my second try if not for three deaths to lag spikes :argh:

ele hit is loving nuts

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
What would you guys say this is worth? Sometimes I find it really easy to price stuff but I have no idea how to go about pricing this. First elder item that's dropped for me.

https://imgur.com/umQ1AD9

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

smarion2 posted:

What would you guys say this is worth? Sometimes I find it really easy to price stuff but I have no idea how to go about pricing this. First elder item that's dropped for me.

https://imgur.com/umQ1AD9

Hargan would be proud to have it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yep, pure vendor trash.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Ok, thanks. Normally I look on poe trade and find something thats close to what I have and can price it but I coulnd't find anything like this so I thought it might have been pretty rare. Figuring out what items are good is probably the hardest thing for me in this game right now. Does this just come with experience I suppose?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pretty much.

Taking your item as an example:

Base - Nowhere near the best base for 1H swords
Multistrike - Pretty much worthless since it's on a 1H, so 3 sockets max supporting it. Not something you're going to put your main skill on. 3S is perfectly fine for a movement skill, but Multistrike fucks up the attack based ones, so still bad.
Added Ele - There are 9 tiers of elemental damage rolls on 1H swords. You got the worst (cold) and 2nd worst (light).
Aspd - The only explicit mod here that's worth a drat, and even then this is only a T4 roll.
Crit Multi - Again, lowest tier

In-game, there's the Advanced Mod Descriptions options (under UI). When mousing over an item, holding down the Highlight key (believe that's Alt by default) explains some mods and also shows what tier of rolls and the range in that tier the item has. That's a good first level pass for whether or not an item is vendor trash or not.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Badly rolled elder/shaper items can still be worth something if the base item is good and it has a high ilvl. I'm guessing that one is ilvl 75 at best.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Playing a CI build in flashback and man it feels nice not having to give a gently caress about ancient constructs in incursions.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
There's some cool items I plan on buying for my standard league char but they're like 5 ex each. On Incursion league, they're 1 to 2 chaos.... If I buy em now, they'll be added to my standard league char later, it's genius!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Beyond Zerphi's, what's like that? Varunastra?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is the ancient construct chaos spit of death an attack or a spell?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Whichever one you're worse at avoiding/mitigating :v:

Spell

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Whichever one you're worse at avoiding/mitigating :v:

Spell

Yeah I'm a squishy trapper and I was wondering if the blind ascendancy would help when I got it. I guess not much in that case.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It helps but phase acro really helps. It isn’t usually picked up but it really is nice this league. CI helps even more. It’s fairly easy to get positive chaos resist to eleminate bonus damage, it doesn’t need maxing out. Aztiris promise flask gives a nice chaos resist hit.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I tried the game once or twice but didn't like the viewing angle, and the slow pace. But my old best friend I haven't seen in 10 years just came home and we were talking about D2 and how bad 3 was and he was telling me how he has been playing this and all about it, and the cards and maps and poo poo. Just reading the OP. I think he was wise in telling me not to play it unless I want to burn a lot of time, of which I have precious little of right now.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

codo27 posted:

I tried the game once or twice but didn't like the viewing angle, and the slow pace. But my old best friend I haven't seen in 10 years just came home and we were talking about D2 and how bad 3 was and he was telling me how he has been playing this and all about it, and the cards and maps and poo poo. Just reading the OP. I think he was wise in telling me not to play it unless I want to burn a lot of time, of which I have precious little of right now.

Ehh kinda disagree tbh. This game is fine to fire up a couple hours of the week. 10 acts for a new player with little time will give you plenty of content. If you start mapping, then even more content is given to you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah it's not like you have to play quickly to be successful or have fun, we're all just crazed dopamine junkies in here :v:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codo27 posted:

The game starts very slow, yeah, but the pace picks up a lot at the end. Your movement, skills and castings get a lot faster as you progress.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

codo27 posted:

the viewing angle is identical to d2 though?

and yeah you start off slower than a d2 character but you'll end up much faster

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Maybe he means the fov? I don't know what it was in D2, but playing this without ultra widescreen resolutions feels incredibly claustrophobic.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I like SSF :3:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I have a question for people that play Blade Vortex.

When I watch the video guides, which are obviously at high level, I never see them stopping to recast, but the number of stacks stays steady'ish and even goes up at times, but when I'm trying to use it, I have to stand still every time I add a stack, and then they almost immediately start dropping.

How are the stacks maintained and cast without stopping like these dudes in the videos? Currently I kind of hate it because of how it plays nothing like the videos I watched on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

The Locator posted:

I have a question for people that play Blade Vortex.

When I watch the video guides, which are obviously at high level, I never see them stopping to recast, but the number of stacks stays steady'ish and even goes up at times, but when I'm trying to use it, I have to stand still every time I add a stack, and then they almost immediately start dropping.

How are the stacks maintained and cast without stopping like these dudes in the videos? Currently I kind of hate it because of how it plays nothing like the videos I watched on it.

I feel you! Trying out BV also atm and have wondered the same.