Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Turning the bat symbol red and giving it Punisher face made me smile. They should've gone with that. It's so on the nose it's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Roth posted:

As far as I know, that was just for the one in California Adventure which was the bad version of that ride anyway. I don't think there's any plans to turn the Florida one into Guardians, and they're instead getting a Guardians roller coaster.

So they're rebranding the Aerosmith roller coaster then.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I read Superman: Secret Origin last night. I kind of liked it, even though it was pretty cluttered for an origin story. Birthright is still my ideal origin story for Superman though.

Jiro posted:

So they're rebranding the Aerosmith roller coaster then.

It's at Epcot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I read Superman: Secret Origin last night. I kind of liked it, even though it was pretty cluttered for an origin story. Birthright is still my ideal origin story for Superman though.

Birthright is great but there's a few silly things that Waid drops in like "Clark's a vegetarian" that I could have done without.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Roth posted:

It's at Epcot.

I assume they're remodelling Mission: Space for that?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Only Waid and Morrison really care about the vegetarian thing. Makes sense though.

Superman, Robin, and Animal Man should team up.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

I assume they're remodelling Mission: Space for that?

No, it's gonna be in the Universe of Energy building. They're tearing everything down inside to put the ride in.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Open Marriage Night posted:

Only Waid and Morrison really care about the vegetarian thing. Makes sense though.

Superman, Robin, and Animal Man should team up.

Meanwhile Batman decides to eat three times the amount of steak, to offset their diet.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Question IRL posted:

Meanwhile Batman decides to eat three times the amount of steak, to offset their diet.

How does Batman like his steaks?

How much prep time do they need?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Clark grew up on a farm that included livestock and his favorite meal is boeuf bourguignon. (Yes, it's code. But he also does eat it. With ketchup, like a animal.)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
If it was up to me Superman would mostly eat vegetarian food if he's cooking dinner for himself or grabbing lunch, but if somebody offers him their homemade meatloaf or whatever he'd accept it, and if somebody was coming over for dinner and loved piccata he'd make it just to put a smile on their face.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Archyduke posted:

If it was up to me Superman would mostly eat vegetarian food if he's cooking dinner for himself or grabbing lunch, but if somebody offers him their homemade meatloaf or whatever he'd accept it, and if somebody was coming over for dinner and loved piccata he'd make it just to put a smile on their face.

That seems like it'd make the most sense for Clark. He wouldn't be vegan though

Diana is the type that'd be fine with eating anything, but would probably prefer something wild or fresh.

Aquaman would be a pescatarian, but only because Mera is and she is because she just isn't used to animal products that didn't come from the ocean

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

Brian Azzerelo actually answered this in his Batman run. I am far far far away from my comics so I can't answer the question, but the answer is out there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Bruce old as poo poo and in a medical brace to walk. How the gently caress is he able to digest steak

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Bruce old as poo poo and in a medical brace to walk. How the gently caress is he able to digest steak

Na na na na na Bat-Rolaids!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Well done, Jesus Bruce, just eat charcoal

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Brian Azzarello wrote a scene in Broken City where Bruce discusses cooking steaks with a detective. Maybe someone has that handy.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Open Marriage Night posted:

Brian Azzarello wrote a scene in Broken City where Bruce discusses cooking steaks with a detective. Maybe someone has that handy.

From Batman #621:

and several pages later, Bruce Wayne mentally agrees with the detective before plating his dinner and discovering a twist:

There's a bunch more material in between but it's mostly exposition about the actual plot with occasional inserts of Bruce Wayne grinding pepper or whatever.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Everyone seems convinced that Kyle and Roy will bite it in Heroes in Crisis but among the list of potentials was also listed John Constantine. I love Constantine and I'd love to see an actually good series with him (though his recent run with Ming Doyle/Tynion was fantastic as were his appearances in Soule's Swamp Thing) but I want to point out something that's fairly noticeable right now:

The Hellblazer just finished, Tim Seeley specifically said he came on to end the series which means the cancellation was on the cards for quite some time.

Constantine is not on the new Justice League Dark. The explanation for why is a bit arbitrary and seems to just be an excuse to kick him off and replace him with Wonder Woman. And while JLD was never that big of a series Constantine and Zatanna were basically the faces of that team so this just doesn't make any sense.

It seems to me like they're going to kill Constantine in Heroes in Crisis and that's why his series ended (among other reasons like it being generally mediocre and not that much of a seller) but also why he's no longer on mystic team book when he was previously basically its leader.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Constantine is going to be back on Legends of Tomorrow this season as a regular cast member, of course played by Matt Ryan again. The animated series from CW Seed is being edited together into a movie with additional footage, to probably get a regular DVD release (which are always available in Redboxes). If anything, Constantine's public profile will be higher than ever starting this fall, especially for non-comic readers.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

That didn't stop most of Marvel's high profile deaths in recent events, not sure why it would stop dc

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Everyone seems convinced that Kyle and Roy will bite it in Heroes in Crisis but among the list of potentials was also listed John Constantine. I love Constantine and I'd love to see an actually good series with him (though his recent run with Ming Doyle/Tynion was fantastic as were his appearances in Soule's Swamp Thing) but I want to point out something that's fairly noticeable right now:

The Hellblazer just finished, Tim Seeley specifically said he came on to end the series which means the cancellation was on the cards for quite some time.

Constantine is not on the new Justice League Dark. The explanation for why is a bit arbitrary and seems to just be an excuse to kick him off and replace him with Wonder Woman. And while JLD was never that big of a series Constantine and Zatanna were basically the faces of that team so this just doesn't make any sense.

It seems to me like they're going to kill Constantine in Heroes in Crisis and that's why his series ended (among other reasons like it being generally mediocre and not that much of a seller) but also why he's no longer on mystic team book when he was previously basically its leader.

Every time there's an event I expect Kyle to die. I expect him to die because I'm pretty much certain DC is personally trying to eradicate all that got me into comics in the first place.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Are there supposed to be two or three deaths? If only two I think the smart money is on Roy and Poison Ivy isn’t it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw some rumble that John might get shunted back to Vertigo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

Are there supposed to be two or three deaths? If only two I think the smart money is on Roy and Poison Ivy isn’t it?

Aren't Ivy and Harley an Official Couple now?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

Aren't Ivy and Harley an Official Couple now?

Well that would make it even more likely since she's one of the main characters/suspects.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean this wouldn't be the first time Tom King faked out killing Kyle

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have to admit that all the evidence that DT has posted about Roy dying has left me pretty baffled how it all fits together.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I wish legacy characters weren't always the first possibility to pop to people's heads every time DC threatens to kill characters for shock value.

I also wish DC didn't have to kill characters for shock value, period.

I know Tom King is a talented writer who can write incredibly evocative things, but that's not changing the overall sense of fatigue and frustration I have with these stories where it just comes down to, like, "Can you please not do the thing that by all rights it looks like you're absolutely going to do?"

BAD THINGS HAPPENING TO GOOD PEOPLE, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean... on some level, bad things happening to good people is how you define drama. Like, complain if it's badly done, but if you're arguing that that shouldn't happen at all, then maybe fiction is a bad fit for you as entertainment?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BrianWilly posted:

I wish legacy characters weren't always the first possibility to pop to people's heads every time DC threatens to kill characters for shock value.

I also wish DC didn't have to kill characters for shock value, period.

I know Tom King is a talented writer who can write incredibly evocative things, but that's not changing the overall sense of fatigue and frustration I have with these stories where it just comes down to, like, "Can you please not do the thing that by all rights it looks like you're absolutely going to do?"

BAD THINGS HAPPENING TO GOOD PEOPLE, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Legacy characters they specifically haven't been really using. Why's Kyle up for the block? Well besides being in HJ&GLC what's he doing exactly? He's never in any events if a green lanterns going to be used he's the last one that'll be called for it, the only storyline they seemingly know how to tell with him is becoming god, ceasing to be god, and becoming god again. And his backstory is a mess from all the retcons and reboots.

And sadly the truth, beyond people like us, most people won't miss him. But he's a big enough name to cause a 'shock'

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So just where does Harley Quinn live these days? Coney Island, Belle Reve, or Sanctuary or somewhere else? I mean, in the streamlined rebirthed DC continuity surely basic facts about the status quo of one of the top three characters in the line like whether they're in or out of jail, whether they have a brain bomb in their head, etc should be consistent from book to book...are most of her books out of continuity or set in the future, or are there three Harlies running around to match the jokers, or what?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Thranguy posted:

So just where does Harley Quinn live these days? Coney Island, Belle Reve, or Sanctuary or somewhere else? I mean, in the streamlined rebirthed DC continuity surely basic facts about the status quo of one of the top three characters in the line like whether they're in or out of jail, whether they have a brain bomb in their head, etc should be consistent from book to book...are most of her books out of continuity or set in the future, or are there three Harlies running around to match the jokers, or what?

I think at this point the Harley Quinn title with her in Coney Island is basically its own separate universe. I mean I think issues have featured her with Power Girl when in main titles Power Girl's still on Earth 2.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
:ssh: there's actually three Harley Quinns...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

:ssh: there's actually three Harley Quinns...

Look two posts up.

Thranguy posted:

, or are there three Harlies running around to match the jokers, or what?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Gaz-L posted:

I mean... on some level, bad things happening to good people is how you define drama. Like, complain if it's badly done, but if you're arguing that that shouldn't happen at all, then maybe fiction is a bad fit for you as entertainment?
I feel like we're all pretty cognizant of the difference between A) deep personal conflicts that fictional characters have to overcome through a narrative, and B) "What if we did Identity Crisis again but with 100% more Harley Quinn"

Onmi posted:

Legacy characters they specifically haven't been really using. Why's Kyle up for the block? Well besides being in HJ&GLC what's he doing exactly? He's never in any events if a green lanterns going to be used he's the last one that'll be called for it, the only storyline they seemingly know how to tell with him is becoming god, ceasing to be god, and becoming god again. And his backstory is a mess from all the retcons and reboots.
Having characters get killed off by Deathstroke or Prometheus or Black Mask or whoever because they're not as popular because you've shuffled them off to the side in lieu of your prima Silver Age Icons feels a lot like the series of decisions that directly led DC to the literal indisputable failure that was the New 52 reboot. Is that really what we have to look forward to in this hobby? Just a cycle of DC never ever learning from their mistakes in spite of all possible evidence?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Thranguy posted:

How does Batman go on space adventures with the Justice League(s) if he's serving jury duty? Am I to believe that *scoff* these stories incorporate Batman the character without accounting for the impact of each story upon the others? Talk about ice cream for bedwetters!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
If the status quo of Batman is that he's trapped in jury duty for years and years and if he tries to get out of jury duty his head will explode.

And while he is trapped in jury duty he and the other jury members are going "hey pretty crazy what's going on with the alien invasion up on the moon, right? Sure wish I was there to help!"

and then Batman appears in The Moon Invasion Crisis on the moon and cradles Guy Gardner's lifeless body in his arms before rallying the troops to stop the Moon Invasion.

And then in the other book Batman is shocked to find out the Moon Invasion War is over, and that Guy Gardner is DEAD?!?!

think there's at least a question of "why are these stories referencing each other without paying attention to the other"

Or maybe this is a pretentious rear end in a top hat prick jerk nerd fanman piece of poo poo opinion ONLY A FOOL WOULD BELIEVE.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'd read those comics. E&C's angry hypothetical comics sound fun.