Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Elissimpark posted:

Super dumb question: how many forma can install on a weapon at one time? If you have eight forma, can you polarise all its slots at once?

Yes. You can also change the polarities on a slot that was already forma'd. You can conceivably do this indefinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Elissimpark posted:

Super dumb question: how many forma can install on a weapon at one time? If you have eight forma, can you polarise all its slots at once?

1 at a time, rank to 30, repeat. You can't skip the grind, sorry :v:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Truga posted:

1 at a time, rank to 30, repeat. You can't skip the grind, sorry :v:

I don't think you're really sorry at all!

I don't super need to polarise stuff at the moment as I'm pushing to use available mod capacity at the moment anyway, even with potatoes. Is it worth starting the grind now?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Truga posted:

You might want to get a little bit of extra range on that (a single stretch in place of augur message will do it), going that low will cause issues with your 3 because it'll be too small to deflect ammo before it hits you, in my experience.

Confirming this is or at least used to be a thing that happens. Practice Safe Zephyr Play, folks

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

I don't think you're really sorry at all!

I don't super need to polarise stuff at the moment as I'm pushing to use available mod capacity at the moment anyway, even with potatoes. Is it worth starting the grind now?

Depends on how much you want to commit yourself to the weapon. You'll be swimming in forma blueprints before too long, just run void rifts with goons. Everything depends on forma to draw out its full potential. Most prime frames/weapons come with a ton of free polarities and will usually only require 1 or 2 forma, others weapons like the Corpus Warcrime guns (Lenz, Opticor, Amprex) need upwards of 4 or more forma to really shine.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've gotta say, the Lenz is the most fun I've had playing any shooter-adjacent game in my entire life, and that's a pretty drat high bar to clear.

It's just so fuckin good.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
:yosbutt: :syoon:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I just got the Vulpine Mask stance for rapier and it's awesome. The coolest looking implementation of rapier I've seen in any game. The ultimate combo is really only good for one enemy but it will destroy the hell out of that enemy.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

Yup, you can polarize them all if you wanted. That's pretty overkill, though.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I just got the Vulpine Mask stance for rapier and it's awesome. The coolest looking implementation of rapier I've seen in any game. The ultimate combo is really only good for one enemy but it will destroy the hell out of that enemy.

That's the thing that held me off using rapiers. The second slicing motion can hit multiple targets but the arc is small. If melee 3.0 actually gives us the option to pick what kind of strike we could use, like a thrust or a slash, it would be so awesome. Like, make thrushting do more damage and crit chance or something while a slash can hit multiple enemies.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've won the game: five forma Valkyr Prime and Inaros with the Umbral set. Immortal!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Shortest Path posted:

I've gotta say, the Lenz is the most fun I've had playing any shooter-adjacent game in my entire life, and that's a pretty drat high bar to clear.

It's just so fuckin good.

Better than the Hek? Because gently caress me that thing is up there with Doom 2's Super Shotgun in terms of good feelin' guns.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Better than the Hek? Because gently caress me that thing is up there with Doom 2's Super Shotgun in terms of good feelin' guns.

It’s pretty satisfying. Especially when you do a slo-mo backflip out of the radius of the massive explosive warhead you just laid down.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s pretty satisfying. Especially when you do a slo-mo backflip out of the radius of the massive explosive warhead you just laid down.

This guy gets it.

The midair dash shots that you just barely avoid while fragging a whole bunch of dudes are just incredible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Try the Arca Plasmor
"What if shotgun, but everybody?"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Lone Badger posted:

Try the Arca Plasmor
"What if shotgun, but everybody?"

What if shotgun, but everybody, and whoever it doesn't vaporise kills the enemies for you.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hoobajoo posted:

Yup, you can polarize them all if you wanted. That's pretty overkill, though.
In my experience, you probably shouldn't forma more than four slots until you have literally every mod in the game. There are a few guns I forma'd early on that I gave -- polarity slots, only for me to later find out about split stat mods. Because they're all v polarity, I've had to use Forma to negate my earlier bad decisions.

Really though, most guns you can get away with 2 v polarities and a catalyst, unless you're building an endgame warcrime.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

I've forma'd the grinlok 4 times. And rerolled the my first riven for it 8 times.

Pls hlep.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

BoneMonkey posted:

I've forma'd the grinlok 4 times. And rerolled the my first riven for it 8 times.

Pls hlep.

It could be worse. I've got an akbolto riven and now I'm wanting to make them a 100% stat chance murder platform. Never not pin dudes to walls.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tried Inaros for the first time. Trough I would not like it, since the kit was kinda meh. How wrong it was.

First, is supertanky, something like 4000 life with bad mods. Many of his abilities also heal him, so that hp last a lot. I only have 150 energy, but I can spam the skills forever. Maybe because I have "damage to life to energy"?. Pocket sand is hllarious op. Blind everything. Stuff blinded died to fatalities. Combined with the skiajati, thats 5 seconds invisibility. Their style of crown control is excellent, not only the pocket sand, but that thing where a nemy is stuck on quicksand is really good for enemies that you can't or don't want to deal with at the moment. On defenses, the eximus are a easy victim to this. As are these fat robots that do wave attacks.

I took it to do nightmare missions withouth shields, but seems great for defenses. So fun, haha. :D

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BoneMonkey posted:

Pls hlep.

If you get it a +200% damage +120% multishot riven like I did it's actually a very good gun that owns.

Do not be ashamed of your grinlok.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Well, it's been an exciting weekend - getting my first riven (thanks Truga and others) and catching my first boot.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Night10194 posted:

If you get it a +200% damage +120% multishot riven like I did it's actually a very good gun that owns.

Do not be ashamed of your grinlok.

It's now +240 damage +150 punch through -50 firerate.

If I get a crit I murder lines of lvl 80+ dudes. It's dope. But what I really want is something that pushes my crit chance over 100% but still gives me the 200% damage.

A man can dream.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tei posted:

Tried Inaros for the first time. Trough I would not like it, since the kit was kinda meh. How wrong it was.

First, is supertanky, something like 4000 life with bad mods. Many of his abilities also heal him, so that hp last a lot. I only have 150 energy, but I can spam the skills forever. Maybe because I have "damage to life to energy"?. Pocket sand is hllarious op. Blind everything. Stuff blinded died to fatalities. Combined with the skiajati, thats 5 seconds invisibility. Their style of crown control is excellent, not only the pocket sand, but that thing where a nemy is stuck on quicksand is really good for enemies that you can't or don't want to deal with at the moment. On defenses, the eximus are a easy victim to this. As are these fat robots that do wave attacks.

I took it to do nightmare missions withouth shields, but seems great for defenses. So fun, haha. :D

Fun fact, when you stick an enemy in the quicksand you can go over and eat them to get health back. Then they revive as a sand soldier for you. Also you're invunerable while eating them.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

njsykora posted:

Fun fact, when you stick an enemy in the quicksand you can go over and eat them to get health back. Then they revive as a sand soldier for you. Also you're invunerable while eating them.

Also, your friends can eat them for health too.

..... are we the baddies??

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Where do you find prices for rivins? I was looking up pyrana rivens and the price seems a bit high.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

xyigx posted:

Where do you find prices for rivins? I was looking up pyrana rivens and the price seems a bit high.

Riven.market I believe, Pyrana rivens are apparently skyrocketing in price since Pyrana Prime is coming soon.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Pyrana prime is already out, and it's a pretty good weapon with a riven disposition of 4. So even garbage unrolled rivens go for a decent chunk of plat, because you can get a really good mod off of it.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

njsykora posted:

Riven.market I believe, Pyrana rivens are apparently skyrocketing in price since Pyrana Prime is coming soon.

Pyrana p came out with Limbo Pete.
it is super fun. kill 3 dudes quickly, and you suddenly have dual Pyrana.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

njsykora posted:

Thanks. That certainly explains the price. Maybe I will just try to figure out how to sell this one.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah pyrana prime recently released and is very good and new so riven prices are going to stay high for a bit at least.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I've been lucky getting all the rare bits to drop from the Lith and Meso unvaulted relics, and I have about eight radianted Neos to go so I feel like I'm probably covered there, but goddamn getting the Axi S3 to drop is killing me. Is Marduk really the most efficient way of doing it? I feel like I must have done 25 odd with nothing to show for it.

I have been generally pretty lucky with drops in this game so maybe this is revenge.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I'm having a problem with archwing keybinds. I want to rebind up from space to shift but I don't see a keybind for the speed boost to move it from shift to space. Is there any way to change this mapping? I really hate having space be up as it is not consistent with the keybinds in KSP and I have over a thousand hours of muscle memory from KSP.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just picked up the Scarab Sect skin for Rhino on a whim and I think it'd be fun to build a caster build. Any tips for that?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Tei posted:

My Inaros has 5500 health. That’s not bad, but: my doggie is modded up with all the life link and life steal mods, and it has 9600 health. And when it attacks things, it heals me. If those things have a slash proc, it does added damage, which heals me more. I also have the inaros mod that burns my scarab armor to ignore status effects.

I did a 60 minute void survival last night and didn’t need to use any of my abilities other than topping off armor every now and then until the enemies got to the level 120 range.

tl;dr: Inaros is good and pretty much cannot die.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Elissimpark posted:

You can polarize all the slots but not at once. EFB

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I just picked up the Scarab Sect skin for Rhino on a whim and I think it'd be fun to build a caster build. Any tips for that?

This is my general purpose rhino build, though it certainly isn't fully optimized.

For a caster you'll want to max range and str, then whatever efficiency you can cram on. Since you want to be able to spam stomp, you can tank duration which works nicely. Again, not optimized, but something like this should work:

If I wasn't poor I'd probably use arcane energize instead of guardian because he's energy hungry and doesn't have a huge pool to work from even with flow.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So I’m level 7 and just doing the quest where I scanned a Naaru-shaped robot which made Lotus freak out and dip on me, and now the Tennoaboo from that syndicate is telling me I can’t trust Space Mom.

Now I know this quest leads directly into Second Dream, but for all the threatening emails, I’ve not actually seen the Stalker yet, only the occasional death squad. But I hear that after Second Dream the stalker gets replaced with an upgraded version. So, is there some way to induce him showing up so I could scan his original form?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

e: I misread that.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So I’m level 7 and just doing the quest where I scanned a Naaru-shaped robot which made Lotus freak out and dip on me, and now the Tennoaboo from that syndicate is telling me I can’t trust Space Mom.

Now I know this quest leads directly into Second Dream, but for all the threatening emails, I’ve not actually seen the Stalker yet, only the occasional death squad. But I hear that after Second Dream the stalker gets replaced with an upgraded version. So, is there some way to induce him showing up so I could scan his original form?

You can't force the Stalker to show up, but running missions with a full marked squad (pretty much everyone is marked most of the time especially if they're grinding bosses) ups his spawn chance from 2% to 3.5%. Regular Stalker will also spawn if the person whose mark makes him show up hasn't done Second Dream yet.