Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

gungeon just got a patch on switch that fixes a lot of crashes and performance stuff, hopefully
Apparently there was a glitch with the Switch version that would cause random chests to spawn a ton on the first floor so I'm not updating ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Apparently there was a glitch with the Switch version that would cause random chests to spawn a ton on the first floor so I'm not updating ever.

picturing the run where the first floor drops a rainbowchest that gives you a super god build and it crashes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

its not that useful since theyre all brown or blue chests and you dont have any keys anyway

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

extremebuff posted:

picturing the run where the first floor drops a rainbowchest that gives you a super god build and it crashes

This happened to me before patch

But when it crashed it started me at the beginning of the same floor at least I eventually beat that run

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
new Wario Ware is finally out in the US for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo - ̗̀ New ̖́- 3DS line of consoles

i have loved every wario ware game i've ever played

thank you, Nintendo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am considering buying a 3ds game in 2018

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i might buy a 3ds next year and catch up on all the good rpgs I missed if there's another lull in the Switch release schedule

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1025769352249786368

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Wario Ware looks good but I haven't played rhythm heaven Megamix yet so I'm not sure which to do first. Too many good games on the 3ds, tone it down Nintendo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nostradingus posted:

Wario Ware looks good but I haven't played rhythm heaven Megamix yet so I'm not sure which to do first. Too many good games on the 3ds, tone it down Nintendo

I never heard of that game before. I Googled it, watched a video of it on YouTube, and just bought it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I never heard of that game before. I Googled it, watched a video of it on YouTube, and just bought it
You'd never heard of Rhythm Heaven?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh man Megamix is amazing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

its pretty niche

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-BwXvfGwo rhythm heaven ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

how you gonna buy megamix when its digital only 🤔

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

Oh man Megamix is amazing

I’ve only played Fever, such a good game

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Warioware is win.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the cutscenes are great and I want a warioware anime

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ll probably get WarioWare but also I think I’m gonna buy a Switch this week

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

i might buy a 3ds next year and catch up on all the good rpgs I missed if there's another lull in the Switch release schedule
You have an insanely good library of all time greats ahead of you, gamer

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

new Wario Ware is finally out in the US for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo - ̗̀ New ̖́- 3DS line of consoles

i have loved every wario ware game i've ever played

thank you, Nintendo

Yay, I am up to tipping poo poo over with regards to an actual velocity.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nope. Not sure how I never came across it. Apparently it even started on the gba

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Nope. Not sure how I never came across it. Apparently it even started on the gba

Being a Warioware fan and suddenly becoming aware that Rhythm Heaven exists is a pretty great situation. I actually envy it

The series very much has a Warioware feel and it even has easter eggs/cameos scattered throughout. You're in for a treat, gamer

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Being a Warioware fan and suddenly becoming aware that Rhythm Heaven exists is a pretty great situation. I actually envy it

The series very much has a Warioware feel and it even has easter eggs/cameos scattered throughout. You're in for a treat, gamer

This is loving great. Yeah I don't understand how I know about that weird Wii board game with Birdo in it and I know of Elite Beat Agents and I know of Theaterythym but I never heard of this somehow

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It feels weird to do the classic games set and get a Mario sunshine minigame.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/VotLqDrUO6U

I'm so happy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

fa-GYO posted:

It feels weird to do the classic games set and get a Mario sunshine minigame.

I checked YouTube videos. Is this in the 3ds game? It looks like it's all custom hacks for the game or something?

This coin flip game is pissing me off

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

I checked YouTube videos. Is this in the 3ds game? It looks like it's all custom hacks for the game or something?

This coin flip game is pissing me off

The Mario Sunshine game is in WarioWare Gold.

The coin flipping game is probably the first section where Rhythm Paradise starts to show its difficulty. It's such a good game, I know some people aren't a fan of Lock Step but I find it a very satisfying stage.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ptarmigans posted:

The Mario Sunshine game is in WarioWare Gold.

The coin flipping game is probably the first section where Rhythm Paradise starts to show its difficulty. It's such a good game, I know some people aren't a fan of Lock Step but I find it a very satisfying stage.

Yeah I really like Rhythm Paradise. The only negative is a lot of the time I am not able to have the music on when playing a game, so it makes it a lot more difficult to find time to play it. And I can't believe Wario Ware Gold has the Mario Sunshine stage because I beat every single thing in the game and never came across it. Unless you mean that quick little thing where you clean off the walls, then yeah it's pretty jarring. The Ocarina of Time one was crazy as well.

I love the Super Mario Land one :3:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJpfeeCEcg

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lobster Harmonica posted:

they're both made by the same team and ko takeuchi is the character designer for both games

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm noticing a lot of similarities, especially with the Wario Ware game for the Wii. Like how every little game has its own title screen :3:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1026202051884150784

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 5, 2018

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How about an actual direct for the (any????) other games you've got coming out this year oh and also please explain wtf the paid online is gonna be like cause you know that's coming out in like 3 weeks.
Seems weird to have their next direct be a Smash direct.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

American McGay posted:

Nintendo rules!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

American McGay posted:

How about an actual direct for the (any????) other games you've got coming out this year oh and also please explain wtf the paid online is gonna be like cause you know that's coming out in like 3 weeks.
Seems weird to have their next direct be a Smash direct.

we already know all the fall release dates other than TWEWY and the date for the online service, the latter of which could just get thrown up on their website rather than a Direct

next real Direct will be whenever they're ready to show whatever their January-March games are

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I ain't mad, it just seems really strange. People ragged on them because like 70% of their E3 stuff was just Smash, and now the first direct since E3 and it's just more Smash.

Also we've still got VERY few details for online which is weird considering how close it is. Since you're effectively taking services away from users by launching it in the middle of the lifecycle I feel like they might wanna at least give a heads up to people as to why they gotta pay money to play Splatoon and Mario Kart now.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

I ain't mad, it just seems really strange. People ragged on them because like 70% of their E3 stuff was just Smash, and now the first direct since E3 and it's just more Smash.

Also we've still got VERY few details for online which is weird considering how close it is. Since you're effectively taking services away from users by launching it in the middle of the lifecycle I feel like they might wanna at least give a heads up to people as to why they gotta pay money to play Splatoon and Mario Kart now.

Smash is going to sell 15 million copies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

Their online system is going to have nes and snes games allow multi-player online and that is all I need to know