Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tias posted:

One thing I never figured out: How is ambush formed? There never seem to be the same factors in play. I mean, I get that camping at night in a forest will get me ambushed, but this time I followed a visible mob in daylight (in a forest) and usually that leads to a straight up fight, but this time it was an ambush. What gives :confused:

I wish I knew this, though it saved me once when I was fighting goblins and got ambushed despite seeing them coming. They deployed in groups.of 1 or 2 so I was able to spread out and ruin them with minimal casualties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
I'm really excited about this DLC. This game just kind of came out of nowhere and I play it pretty regularly even now. I do wish they would add some way to get some passive income though, like the ability to own businesses or something. Maybe a fighting school or something? You could staff it with your high-level mercs?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Giggle Goose posted:

I'm really excited about this DLC. This game just kind of came out of nowhere and I play it pretty regularly even now. I do wish they would add some way to get some passive income though, like the ability to own businesses or something. Maybe a fighting school or something? You could staff it with your high-level mercs?

They should just keep stealing ideas from Mount and Blade, including the ability to own towns and castles that give you passive income and maybe eventually the ability to form your own kingdom.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I'm hyped.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
where's my battle sisters (I know they said if they added women mercs they wouldn't be palette swaps, but still)

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I'm loving the news. I just got into this game like a month ago and as great as it is it was disappointing to find that the devs had moved on and discussion here was pretty much dead. Battle Brothers has crazy potential beyond what there is now.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Mod support would be worth an entire xpac on its own

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I thought there were already some mods, like the one that lets you field 18 dudes

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ilmucche posted:

I thought there were already some mods, like the one that lets you field 18 dudes

Wait what. Where?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Tias posted:

How is ambush formed?

You need to do way instain noble, who kill they soldier

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Away all Goats posted:

They should just keep stealing ideas from Mount and Blade, including the ability to own towns and castles that give you passive income and maybe eventually the ability to form your own kingdom.

Picking up and leaving brothers as garrisons would be great, but probably too big a change in scope.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah, you all seem to be forgetting that the devs said that they have 0 plans or desire to co owned building and poo poo. That's not what the game is about and they've always been firm on that.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I don't think anyone's forgetting anything. Just because it won't happen doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool if it did.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

Yeah, you all seem to be forgetting that the devs said that they have 0 plans or desire to co owned building and poo poo. That's not what the game is about and they've always been firm on that.

You also seem to be forgetting when they said they weren't doing anymore development or content on this game, and are now releasing a dlc.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You also seem to be forgetting when they said they weren't doing anymore development or content on this game, and are now releasing a dlc.

There's a difference between coming back to a game to do DLC and turning around on a position they have vocally stated many times over is nowhere near their vision of the game.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Perhaps they should add stupid hills that you can die on in game, so you don't have to do it on the forums

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Perhaps they should add stupid hills that you can die on in game, so you don't have to do it on the forums

At least my bros would spawn on the high ground for once.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ilmucche posted:

At least my bros would spawn on the high ground for once.

No no no, you die on the hill. So you have to scale it under withering missile fire, as normal.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
This is an unexpected, but welcome, surprise. I thought this would be another addon like the Lindwurm, just with a Yeti or Snow Troll, instead we get an actual DLC.

Last year they said they were a bit unhappy with sales and that they want to focus on their new game. Maybe the game is a slow burner on Steam and kept selling and this changed their mind.

Would be nice if the DLC gives the company access to some magic of their own, charms and potions sound good to me. The game starts out in a medieval setting, but in the mid- endgame you gotta deal with a lot of supernatural threats: Wiedergänger, undead, vampires, ghosts, necromancers, shamans and that drat Lindwurm.

And then there's that tavern rumour, that some house has an actual court wizard...

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

[growing Ironicat]

Like c'mon man it's not hard to imagine reasons they would decide to release a DLC for a game they considered completed without changing their fundamental design principles. The most obvious being 'hey our other game is taking a bit longer to make than we thought and we could use the money'.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Dreylad posted:

where's my battle sisters (I know they said if they added women mercs they wouldn't be palette swaps, but still)

A mod just recently came out for that. It's a little janky in that there seems to be only one female face, and also women spawn with beards so you'd have to take them to the barber if you so wish.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/10/

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I just had a 21 Wiedergänger horde and I just about wanted to kill myself IRL. Is there another way besides the cleaver ability to reliably get head destructions so they don't respawn?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

I just had a 21 Wiedergänger horde and I just about wanted to kill myself IRL. Is there another way besides the cleaver ability to reliably get head destructions so they don't respawn?

the trait that makes all killing blows always decapitate. :v:

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

aphid_licker posted:

Flails have the guaranteed head hit ability and if it's a killing blow then the head gets mushed. It's fatigue heavy, but less so than fighting the same zombie twice anyway.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

Flail lash can crush the heads.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I carry around flails for two reasons

1. To utterly gently caress over bandits who forget to wear a helmet
2. loving zombies

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Welp, looks like I got the undead scourge crisis which is unfortunate since I still really struggle dealing with undead legionaries, agh. I also only have 3 sets of armour that are more than 210 durability which also isn’t great. Armour is expensive, agh.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Drone_Fragger posted:

Welp, looks like I got the undead scourge crisis which is unfortunate since I still really struggle dealing with undead legionaries, agh. I also only have 3 sets of armour that are more than 210 durability which also isn’t great. Armour is expensive, agh.

Well, you can actually resolve the crisis without fighting legs if you're lucky (many events have classic necromancer hordes and/or nachzehrers instead) - but, in case you have to: Get plenty of 2-handers, and if you can't, use the ones you have to flank, the polearm-legionaries are easily the most dangerous. Also, remember that they stun easily.

If you can't get enough armour in time to face them, consider levelling high init guys to dodge from them instead. It's not ideal, but I recently had two dodge 2Hs in a similar situation (one had both dodge and heavy armour, which actually worked), and made it through.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

That's the second problem, I have a whole crop of people who I've been training to use 2H weapons because of their traits and starred skills, but literally nothing I've been fighting will drop any 2H weapon better than a warbrand or woodcutters axe. And I don't have money to spend on weapons because I need that for survivability. Maybe I shoulda just played on beginner, my pride wouldn't let me though...

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

That's the second problem, I have a whole crop of people who I've been training to use 2H weapons because of their traits and starred skills, but literally nothing I've been fighting will drop any 2H weapon better than a warbrand or woodcutters axe. And I don't have money to spend on weapons because I need that for survivability. Maybe I shoulda just played on beginner, my pride wouldn't let me though...

You shouldn't be having to spend that much on Armor. Have you met my friend, dagger party?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Bandit leaders can spawn with sub-200 body armors. Sometimes you just keep getting unlucky. That's why noble war is the best. Knights always have the good stuff. That and ziwihander hats.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

You shouldn't be having to spend that much on Armor. Have you met my friend, dagger party?

The proper term for this is "hubris circle".

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Accurate reenactment of what I do to the bandit leader

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 6, 2018

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Olesh posted:

The proper term for this is "hubris circle".

It is only a hubris circle if the enemies are still fighting. Most times when you form it up the enemies have all ran away besides your victim.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Seriously though, you need some flails and daggers. Do lash with flails to gently caress up heads and save armor, and anybody who doesn't get away when they break, surround and do the armor piercing stab with daggers. You should be able to fit your whole group out in decent mail, and if you aren't already geared as such by the crisis, you're more than likely hosed.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I dagger partied my way to 115 Armour on all my dudes, but nothing better is dropping from bandits and the odd bandit leader I face either has equally rubbish armour and weapons. I think I've just gotten really unlucky this game.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

I dagger partied my way to 115 Armour on all my dudes, but nothing better is dropping from bandits and the odd bandit leader I face either has equally rubbish armour and weapons. I think I've just gotten really unlucky this game.

You have, and the fact that you're at crisis and not ready?

Restart my dude.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I also like flails in the early-mid game, just try to fight bandits as much as possible and you should be getting yourself plenty of armour nice and quick, save all your cash and invest it in stronger armour ASAP. My personal advice is to never purchase mail hauberks, always go directly from bandit loot to reinforced hauberks. It makes an easier part of the game slightly more difficult but once you move further into the game anything weaker than a reinforced hauberk is close to garbage.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish having your dude die doesn't mean you lose their armor. I usually have one dude with the best tanky junk go forward, put up shieldwall/riposte and blender lots of dudes and it works most of the time, then 3 dudes in a row hit his head or whatever and he's dead forever. I could always just re-train a dude I guess but losing the 5000 gold or whatever it took to get to that point just makes me sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Speaking of breaking, I recently found out that you can recover broken shields by picking them up again before you end a battle. All those legendaries...