Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Or the rumours about this being the start of a new Hasbroverse movie series ubnconnected to previous films except by the look of the robot mode designs were right all along :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I love the Bernie Mac VO at the beginning of the trailer. You know, the scene that was played entirely for laughs in the movie, but maybe if we slow it down a bit it will become profound?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

The MSJ posted:

By the way, Barricade is also in the movie.

Barricade was Bay's Kenny from South Park. It wouldn't be a Transformers movie without him showing up to die.

I just noticed that in the teaser, Bumblebee even does the classic G1 thing where they transform an arm to manipulate poo poo while in vehicle form. I love it. The last few movies have been okay for dumb explosions and face murdering, but this looks like it'll deliver in a way the others never did.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 5, 2018

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

So the trailer was really good? I had no interest in seeing this, and now I might check it out with the oldest.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
It's not a horrible trailer but it's clearly going to be a very different film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

I love the Bernie Mac VO at the beginning of the trailer. You know, the scene that was played entirely for laughs in the movie, but maybe if we slow it down a bit it will become profound?

Wasn't Bernie Mac like a really lovely person in real life?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
That trailer did not have near enough explosions.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The MSJ posted:

By the way, the new Revenge of The Fallen Megatron toy reminded me of this thread since it has a pair of cylindrical balls.

Is that the studio series one?

mattfl posted:

Teaser trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

I like it! Going back to the OG Transformers look. Starscream looks awesome. Also in one of the last shots it looks like Bumblebee might change into a Jeep or something similar. The grill on his chest looks like an early Jeep grill.

Ok the rick roll was funny

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is that the studio series one?

Yes. It's based on the ROTF design.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

Ok the rick roll was funny

Funny yes, but it made me feel ancient when I watched a youtube reaction, to see how the young un's felt about my precious robots, and the Rick Roll flew right over his head.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
New Bumblebee is really expressive and warm compared to the old one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New villains, both muscle cars (but curiously with jet parts).

The red one is Angela Basset, the blue one is Justin Theroux.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Article mentions one more, a flyer (Starscream I'm assuming) and that's all the Decepticon presence the movie is going to have. Movie keeps sounding better and better by bringing (and keeping) the scope of the story way smaller and personal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

New villains, both muscle cars (but curiously with jet parts).

The red one is Angela Basset, the blue one is Justin Theroux.

drat, excellent voice casting.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I really like the design on the red one. Those parts scream Harrier Jet to me though. Harriers typically have those rectangular slits around the sides of their turbines, and the vertical take-off thrusters look like its knees, but I'm no airplane expert.

It's a little odd that they didn't go for existing Decepticon muscle cars like the Stunticons, both because their car forms would have been period appropriate and because the movie is leaning into the G1 designs with Bumblebee and Starscream.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 14, 2018

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Angela Bassett as a Decepticon is an interesting choice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case you are wondering, there's at least one more live action movie planned.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/bumblebee/274972/bumblebee-taking-the-transformers-series-back-to-its-roots

quote:

What’s interesting is we are talking about a movie that made $650 million, the last one. It’s not exactly dead. I think what we’re doing is we’re having a script written soon. We put it aside a little bit because we were all focused on Bumblebee, and that takes a lot of time and creative attention.

Now that we’ve come up for air, we’ve been meeting with writers and sort of formulating where we’re going to go with that franchise. We’re meeting with some of the most successful writers in our business, so they’re certainly not shying away from spending a lot of money on a script. Doesn’t mean we’re going to make a movie, but when you deal with studios, you get a sense of the current. My sense of the current is they absolutely want to make another one. They just don’t know how much they want to spend on it. That’s my sense of it.

I avoid the word “reboot” because I don’t think it’s really accurate, but I will give you a sense of how wide-ranging our thought process is. We have talked about a World War II movie. We have talked about a time travel movie because they can go through wormholes, so you can go to different timeframes from that. We have talked about a lot of different kind of genre concepts to put on it. We have talked about going later in the timeline. What would that look like?

All those things are swirling around at the same time, and we really haven’t settled on a writer, but I just got off the phone this morning, talking about this very thing and coming up with a take. It’s exciting to think that we could do something different.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/kYiksUM.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bPLcm8Z.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/cgfvryf.gifv

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Was this Dark of the Moon?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yep.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

It's beautiful. Michael Bay, Cinematographer and the Special Effects and the Crew are awesome.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/JeZYLLH.gifv

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

All those guns and they can't hit anything. Guess they weren't using an aimbot.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

I love all the hideously grey overgreebled Cybertron designs. That ship is practically Gigeresque, and when they find the dead crew on the moon it's a straight up quote of the space jockey scene. They should get Alastair Reynolds to write a Bayformers movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Just tremendous.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I loving love Laserbeak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnK4hZHs7gA&t=390s

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I'm imagining an Affleck moment when someone asks Bay how Laserbeak got from Wang's office down to a crowded open-plan office and transformed into a copier in a matter of moments without anyone seeing him. "Shut the gently caress up!"

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Payndz posted:

I'm imagining an Affleck moment when someone asks Bay how Laserbeak got from Wang's office down to a crowded open-plan office and transformed into a copier in a matter of moments without anyone seeing him. "Shut the gently caress up!"

It would be in line with the portrayal of the office that lazerbeak just sauntered in and transformed and nobody noticed because they're a bunch of clueless idiots.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Payndz posted:

I mean, ‘gently caress continuity’ and all, but everyone’s clearly distracted by the apparent suicide.

Moreover, the whole Ken Jeong section is loaded with ‘active workplace shooter’ subtext.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Moreover, the whole Ken Jeong section is loaded with ‘active workplace shooter’ subtext.

The double gun pose is a direct quote of Seung-Hui Cho, who shot 49 people at Virginia Tech.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DOTM is a very pretty movie indeed.

I wonder how the new movie will portray a different Cybertron.

Speaking of which,

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 7, 2018

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

General Battuta posted:

I love all the hideously grey overgreebled Cybertron designs. That ship is practically Gigeresque, and when they find the dead crew on the moon it's a straight up quote of the space jockey scene. They should get Alastair Reynolds to write a Bayformers movie.

I love how Cybertron is just so insanely alien. It's this bizarre honeycomb looking thing which giant robots fight all over and there's no sign of buildings or anything.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why would the giant cybernetic robots not have auto-targeting aimbots?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The giant cybernetic robots would, of course, have countermeasures to spoof the auto-targeting aimbots.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

The giant cybernetic robots would, of course, have countermeasures to spoof the auto-targeting aimbots.

auto-targeting aimshields?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The Cybertronians are all basically barbaric.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

General Battuta posted:

The Cybertronians are all basically barbaric.

On a clearly artificial planet. Like someone's toys started thinking they're a society and decided to start killing each other for all eternity. Here we are, thinking about Fermi's Paradox, and it turns out the Great Filter is the Eternal Cybertronian Hell War.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How much power is too much power?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiDaYv10fqU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No one man should have all that power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted: