Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So what is the "Collar-and-Elbow Lockup" mod? I can't seem to find any info on what it actually does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

PunkBoy posted:

So what is the "Collar-and-Elbow Lockup" mod? I can't seem to find any info on what it actually does.

I *think* that one removes the lockup animation in sims so that wrestlers just go straight to the move animation. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's inconsistent and doesn't always work.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

unimportantguy posted:

I *think* that one removes the lockup animation in sims so that wrestlers just go straight to the move animation. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's inconsistent and doesn't always work.

Thats because as seen in that screenshot, you can set the %(?) chance of the lock up animation playing at the different damage states. Unless, ofc, you've set those all to 0 then I dunno.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I don't use any mods myself, I was basing that entirely on watching other dudes streaming. Good to know!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Oh wow, yeah, this really makes my matches look a lot smoother. Awesome stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PunkBoy posted:

Oh wow, yeah, this really makes my matches look a lot smoother. Awesome stuff.

It only works in AI only sim matches, since the lock-up animation is a vital part of the time my mechanics for players.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I just realized that with the NJPW Story mode DLC/PS4 FPWW Launch coming very soon, I'm actually gonna have to *play* the game instead of just simming matches.

Unless you can just Sim story mode? :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can't wait to lose in 3 minutes in the G1 to YTR.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

If there was ever a guy who deserved to be given pin criticals it is Toru Yano.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

remusclaw posted:

If there was ever a guy who deserved to be given pin criticals it is Toru Yano.

I remember in Returns I made a guy with high techincal offense and made it so he could crit on techincal moves so he'd be criticaling people with La Magistrals left and right for instant pins

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Steam store page for the Fire Pro NJPW DLC is up. Date is August 28, day-and-date with the PS4 release.

In addition, the PS4 version has been dated for both physical and digital European releases on September 28.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Cross-Platform Championship Tournament tonight @ 8:05 EST!
-A 1 Night Tournament to crown the Cross-Platform Champion! Featuring: Kirby, Megaman, Frank West, Tina Armstrong, Rainbow Mika, Ickybod Clay, Tracer, & Faith Conners
-Before the tournament Star Fox will compete in a Do Or Die match against New Challengers. If Star Fox fails to win the match, they will be released from their GAME Pro Wrestling contracts.
-All this, plus Sabin vs An Actual Bear, at 8:05 EST!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Takuan posted:

GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Cross-Platform Championship Tournament tonight @ 8:05 EST!
-A 1 Night Tournament to crown the Cross-Platform Champion! Featuring: Kirby, Megaman, Frank West, Tina Armstrong, Rainbow Mika, Ickybod Clay, Tracer, & Faith Conners
-Before the tournament Star Fox will compete in a Do Or Die match against New Challengers. If Star Fox fails to win the match, they will be released from their GAME Pro Wrestling contracts.
-All this, plus Sabin vs An Actual Bear, at 8:05 EST!

Arrrrrgggggh. I missed Sabin/Actual Bear! Curses!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
NewLegacy is previewing the PS4 version of Fire Pro and will be doing some of the story, but it doesn't have online or CAW downloading enabled yet.

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

...career mode appears to have been made with the engine of those bizarre choose your own adventure dating games where John Cena falls in love with you over recess.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 12, 2018

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Psychepath posted:

...career mode appears to have been made with the engine of those bizarre choose your own adventure dating games where John Cena falls in love with you over recess.

Sorry to leave a bad taste in your mouth!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Psychepath posted:

Well I'm sold.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
You can add voice clips to every single move & taunt your character has. Currently, there's about 36 "EAT poo poo!!!"s

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

dsriggs posted:

You can add voice clips to every single move & taunt your character has. Currently, there's about 36 "EAT poo poo!!!"s

And one of Tama Tonga's lines is exactly Roman's "OOOoooh-ahhhhh".

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
There's literally a "Tanahashi noticed me! :swoon: " line of dialogue. Best game.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

dsriggs posted:

I want my guy to scream YOU AIN'T poo poo when I win the striking exchange. God bless Tama Tonga and his sweariness.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

dsriggs posted:

There's literally a "Tanahashi noticed me! :swoon: " line of dialogue. Best game.

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1028409975960420352

I'm starting to have a lot of fun with Priority moves now that I'm more used to how they work. Really helps add in some personality.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WarmFlusteredKob.webm

Chaining together running attacks is rather amusing. Too bad he didn't go for the pinning bodysplash. This sequence takes up almost half of his priority slots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW05hk48tMk

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm starting to have a lot of fun with Priority moves now that I'm more used to how they work. Really helps add in some personality.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WarmFlusteredKob.webm

That is some really nice work with the CPU logic. I haven't really tinkered with cpu logic in a while, is him doing a taunt before the running attack based off of whether or not his opponent got stunned?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Angry_Ed posted:

That is some really nice work with the CPU logic. I haven't really tinkered with cpu logic in a while, is him doing a taunt before the running attack based off of whether or not his opponent got stunned?

Nah, that jaw breaker move just doesn't knock the opponent down, so they're left standing and stunned.

The Logic of Victor's Lariat chaining is:

Basically both opening moves* have a 50% chance to cause Victor to do his "arm appeal" taunt. The Arm Appeal Taunt will always trigger a running lariat attack. Every time Victor does a Running Lariat, he'll probably follow it by doing another one, if he doesn't he might do the arm appeal taunt again (causing a followup lariat attack), if he doesn't do that, he'll instead use a running body splash pin.

Basic result is, he runs around and smashes his bronze biceps into the opponent a bunch, showboats, and maybe gets around to pinning before the enemy finally manages to dodge out of the way.
* He also has a chance of doing the running lariat while the opponent is dazed at critical health, which starts the chain in a less flashy way

Another of my edits also has a similar branching priority chain:

The Shoutei Rush Combo is another attack that doesn't knock down the enemy, only leaving them stunned and standing. When the wrestler uses it, IF the stunned opponent is close enough to a turnbuckle, he'll climb it and use his missile kick on the guy and then pin. If the stunned opponent is too far away from a turnbuckle, he'll just do his bow and then use his running high-angle Huracanrana.

Travis' jawbreaker>Flying Rollup is similar, but more simplistic:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 12, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well my, I believe I have a sudden case of the vapors *fans self*

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nah, that jaw breaker move just doesn't knock the opponent down, so they're left standing and stunned.

The Logic of Victor's Lariat chaining is:

Basically both opening moves* have a 50% chance to cause Victor to do his "arm appeal" taunt. The Arm Appeal Taunt will always trigger a running lariat attack. Every time Victor does a Running Lariat, he'll probably follow it by doing another one, if he doesn't he might do the arm appeal taunt again (causing a followup lariat attack), if he doesn't do that, he'll instead use a running body splash pin.

Basic result is, he runs around and smashes his bronze biceps into the opponent a bunch, showboats, and maybe gets around to pinning before the enemy finally manages to dodge out of the way.
* He also has a chance of doing the running lariat while the opponent is dazed at critical health, which starts the chain in a less flashy way

Another of my edits also has a similar branching priority chain:

The Shoutei Rush Combo is another attack that doesn't knock down the enemy, only leaving them stunned and standing. When the wrestler uses it, IF the stunned opponent is close enough to a turnbuckle, he'll climb it and use his missile kick on the guy and then pin. If the stunned opponent is too far away from a turnbuckle, he'll just do his bow and then use his running high-angle Huracanrana.

Travis' jawbreaker>Flying Rollup is similar, but more simplistic:

That's some good poo poo. Never considered setting the same move to trigger different followups depending on the positioning.

Currently I'm trying to get more double team moves (specifically set ups like the Doomsday Device position/holding the opponent up for their partner and corner grapple double team moves) but I'm having no luck getting them to trigger even with Cooperation being set between 90-100.

I'm also constantly getting wrestlers running into each other during Irish Whip moves. It's funny to watch at first but it gets old fast.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Are you using the collar&Elbow lockup mod? I suspect the removal of the lockup animation significantly decreases the window of opportunity for team attacks (Since AFAIK they're triggered by two wrestlers trying to initiate a grapple at the same time).

Not sure there is much that can be done about the Irish whipping collisions, unfortunately, except maybe tweaking wrestler's logic to favor doing counter moves instead of running themself after whipping the opponent. That or just decrease movement speeds as speedy wrestlers seem to contribute to this problem a lot.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are you using the collar&Elbow lockup mod? I suspect the removal of the lockup animation significantly decreases the window of opportunity for team attacks (Since AFAIK they're triggered by two wrestlers trying to initiate a grapple at the same time).

Not sure there is much that can be done about the Irish whipping collisions, unfortunately, except maybe tweaking wrestler's logic to favor doing counter moves instead of running themself after whipping the opponent. That or just decrease movement speeds as speedy wrestlers seem to contribute to this problem a lot.

I am using the collar and elbow mod, so maybe I can tweak that around. And my wrestlers do tend to be Medium-Fast to Fast. I'll try slowing them down. And yeah, I'm working on favoring more Counter moves. That seems like the best fix for now.

EDIT: I did get a cool sequence recently, though!
https://clips.twitch.tv/ComfortableBelovedRaccoonBibleThump

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 12, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is a nice/brutal little spot. You could potentially set up a priority chain to combo those last two moves together (The turning grapple knee into the grounded knee) maybe even throw in a taunt.

I really wish you could initiate stranding grapples via priority chains, so much cool stuff could be done with it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Psychepath posted:

NewLegacy is previewing the PS4 version of Fire Pro and will be doing some of the story, but it doesn't have online or CAW downloading enabled yet.

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

The NL guys did a Shibata/Omega match as part of their warm-up to remember the controls and it actually was pretty rad. Shibata fired up, hit a headbutt, only for Kenny to fighting spirit through it and hit a superkick in retaliation, then an enzugiri and the OWA for the finish

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Figuring out priorities is my next step in creating my own edits.

Also, I've still got G1 fever and it's manifesting in wanting to do a big-rear end league!
Tonight @8:05 EST!
GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Pan-Console Grand Prix Night 1!
-Solid Snake vs Princess Peach
-Duke Nukem vs Matt Riddle
-Gilgamesh vs Tracer
-THE DOOMSLAYER vs Zangief
-Scorpion vs Link
-Dracula vs NEMESIS
-Mettaton vs King Bowser
-Trevor Belmont vs Ganondorf

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Daniel Bryan to get a Showcase mode in '19. Play as ELEVEN Daniels!

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k19/2k-showcase-mode-returns-in-wwe-2k19-relive-the-journey-of-daniel-bryan

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

2K is supposedly going to actually be putting time and effort into the game for 2k20 so this really is the year to skip. They didn't even release the game this year before declaring it old news. That combined with how fun looking the NJPW stuff looks in Fire Pro, I am not going to miss it. And hey, if miracle of miracles it is actually good, it will be around half price by December anyway!

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 14, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I hope they put in Bryan/Sheamus from WM28 :laugh:

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

I hope they put in Bryan/Sheamus from WM28 :laugh:

I hope Bryan doesn't sign a new contract and is gone before the game comes out. :pray:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Takuan posted:

I hope Bryan doesn't sign a new contract and is gone before the game comes out. :pray:

Daniel Bryan Showcase is replaced with Stevie Richards Showcase, as is tradition.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

remusclaw posted:

2K is supposedly going to actually be putting time and effort into the game for 2k20

Hearing this gets funnier every year

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Hearing this gets funnier every year

Yeah, I just thought it was funny that they got so ahead of themselves this time. Normally they don't start apologizing until the game is already out.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

My motivation to work on my edits in Fire Pro is pretty tanked right now with the NJPW thing less than 2 weeks away. All those new moves and new edit appearance parts...

I hope Promoter isn't far behind.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My motivation to work on my edits in Fire Pro is pretty tanked right now with the NJPW thing less than 2 weeks away. All those new moves and new edit appearance parts...

I hope Promoter isn't far behind.

I know this feeling. I have a couple edits I've been plinking away at but then I think about the new moves coming in the NJPW DLC and all the ways they're going to change my edits and I just wanna get to *that* part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I mean, poo poo, we get FIVE voice slots now for each character, that is amazing.