Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My friend was just showing me how these leather pants with some fur at the top totally make his khajiit look like he's wearing assless chaps.

Please share. That's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My friend was just showing me how these leather pants with some fur at the top totally make his khajiit look like he's wearing assless chaps.

Never lose touch with this friend.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I don't have a picture cause he was showing me in-game. Said it's one of the Nord light styles (possibly 4?).

And yeah we are friends for a reason. :) We have a small group that's been playing various games together for about 6 years.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
My god. My stamsorc is a murder train. I killed a group of 4 DC.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Would a StamNB build be more viable on a Wood Elf than a regular MagNB build? Because of racial Stamina stuff.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Would a StamNB build be more viable on a Wood Elf than a regular MagNB build? Because of racial Stamina stuff.

They're both viable, but if you want to optimize then yes, Wood Elf is far more suited to Stamina builds than Magicka ones. They also get poison and fall damage resistance, and can eat anyone meats, so they're an excellent choice of race.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I'm going to dip my toe into Stamina PVP, and have begun with a bit of psychological warfare, with an Argonian StamDK named No-AP-Value.

Do you think it'll help? :ohdear:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coldforge posted:

They're both viable, but if you want to optimize then yes, Wood Elf is far more suited to Stamina builds than Magicka ones. They also get poison and fall damage resistance, and can eat anyone meats, so they're an excellent choice of race.

I meant to ask too if it was PvP viable. PvP is what I'm going to be focusing on later on.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Anita Dickinme posted:

I meant to ask too if it was PvP viable. PvP is what I'm going to be focusing on later on.

I can’t think of a reason it wouldn’t be, though someone else may know something.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Anita Dickinme posted:

Wood Elf is BiS for PVP stamblade. Don't listen to whatever dumb poo poo anyone else tells you. When you're rocking 2800 stam regen and still hit 5k wep dam you'll know what's up.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Those numbers are greatly unreasonable, normal people are half that, tops.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Tha's running Bone Pirate/Ravager/Bloodspawn when Ravager and your Berserker enchant are procced. Non-procced weapon damage is like 3k on front bar. But it's easy to have that kinda damage up like 60% of the time in a fight with Infused Berserker offhand. Also Continuous Attack buff. Helps both the damage and the regen.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
My entirely superficial thoughts on current PVP:

AVA is pretty fun when it's 2 or 3 groups per side in a fight or siege. Any more than that and it just becomes dumb and bad.
Sloads is just the worst thing, especially in the under-50 campaign where hardly anyone has a cleanse.
Battlegrounds is not great, the modes outside of deathmatch are opaque and poorly done, but it is a nice break from AVA as long as you're not constantly up against preformed groups.
I'm pretty awful at melee in PVP atm, but healing and other REMF functions are pretty fun and not as entirely embarrassing to engage in.
Also I love the fact that the mailed rewards boxes scale to the character opening them :dance:

Edit: also gently caress Rune Cages.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 1, 2018

OvertBlue
Apr 22, 2009
May I have a guild invite please? My handle is @OvertBlue

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

OvertBlue posted:

May I have a guild invite please? My handle is @OvertBlue

Got you.

sass menagerie
Nov 29, 2008

Dear Diary, I'm sorry for all those hateful, racist things I said about you.
Glad to see there's a goon guild! Could I get an NA invite @sassmenagerie?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Well I named my Argonian Sits-On-Logs in honour of the Eastern Water Dragon that hangs out in my backyard.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Can I get a NA guild invite please? @Necrosaro77

Currently playing an Argonian templar tank.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Necrosaro posted:

Can I get a NA guild invite please? @Necrosaro77

Got you.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
My argonian dk that ill use for pvp is named flexes-like-sithis and I feel I'm living my best life right now.

Fake edit: star made knight before lvl 30, aww yeahhh.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Decided to finally give Vet Maelstrom Arena a shot despite not even looking at Maelstrom builds. I, uh, can't say I recommend doing that. Made it as far as stage 5 before throwing in the towel, though.

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
I'm a filthy casual pve player and thought this midyear mayhem event is a good opportunity to finally get into pvp and get vigor on my stamsorc. I joined bgs and gave up after a few deaths because I was ashamed of my group mates for dying as soon as someone looked on me and not being able to do much damage either. :sigh: Then I got into Cyrodiil and it seemed empty...How do I find the fighting groups, the sieges, is there a way to tell from the map where the heated battles ar at? (on pc EU)

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Any of you new people who wanna play just PvE levelling, hit me up. I haven't actually grouped with anyone yet.

@robotsinmyhead

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
warden is a lot of fun

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Haha bear rear end.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Merope posted:

I'm a filthy casual pve player and thought this midyear mayhem event is a good opportunity to finally get into pvp and get vigor on my stamsorc. I joined bgs and gave up after a few deaths because I was ashamed of my group mates for dying as soon as someone looked on me and not being able to do much damage either. :sigh: Then I got into Cyrodiil and it seemed empty...How do I find the fighting groups, the sieges, is there a way to tell from the map where the heated battles ar at? (on pc EU)

I wish I could help you out, but I don't know any groups to follow for easy capture AP on EU server :(

My all purpose trick for easy capture AP: find PVP streamers to watch on Twitch on second monitor/computer/phone/tablet, follow their movement in Cyro.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 4, 2018

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So is they a quick guide to the current pvp/summer event? I have never pvp'd before so I have no idea where to start.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MH Knights posted:

So is they a quick guide to the current pvp/summer event? I have never pvp'd before so I have no idea where to start.

There”s a training mission of sorts at level 10. Should be visible as soon as you enter Cyrodiil.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Noob guide to cyrodiil:

As soon as you load in, type lfg in zone chat. Join a group. Any group.
Enjoy 5 minutes (at best) of loading screens.
Enjoy 10 minutes of riding your horse as fast as you fuckin can.
Enjoy 5 seconds of actual fighting before you get face-wrecked by a 12 year old who will tell you repeatedly to 'git gud' (note: the 12 year old might actually be pushing 40)

If the stars align, and you can hang with your group for awhile, taking keeps will get you pretty good AP

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Error 404 posted:

Noob guide to cyrodiil:

As soon as you load in, type lfg in zone chat. Join a group. Any group.

There’s also I guess a group finder for PVP now(?), but I’ve never had the courage to try it.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Rollersnake posted:

Decided to finally give Vet Maelstrom Arena a shot despite not even looking at Maelstrom builds. I, uh, can't say I recommend doing that. Made it as far as stage 5 before throwing in the towel, though.

I wish Maelstrom Arena wasn't the most boring content in the game.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Error 404 posted:

Enjoy 5 seconds of actual fighting before you get face-wrecked by a 12 year old who will tell you repeatedly to 'git gud' (note: the 12 year old might actually be pushing 40)

I have been playing for like 2 or 3 years and I have literally never had this happen.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

MH Knights posted:

Use Battlegrounds to farm your 50 kills
Do the dailies in Cyrodiil to farm your 50 boxes
Take a keep
Take an IC district

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

DryGoods posted:

warden is a lot of fun

Where do you get that grey bear with the glowy symbols on it? I see it everywhere but all I have is the regular brown and grey bears to choose from...

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wait are you doing the praying guy next to the magic players asscrack and/or am I drunk?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

zjentohlauedy posted:

Where do you get that grey bear with the glowy symbols on it? I see it everywhere but all I have is the regular brown and grey bears to choose from...

Buy the Morrowind collector’s bundle for 2100 crowns.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

(two hours later)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Crying :swoon:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I have no interest in PVP and a Cyrodiil Treasure Map VI. How do I get my loot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rollersnake posted:

(two hours later)

All Ball Pythons look derpy.