Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Arc Light posted:

Don't Pet The Dogs!

what kind of war crime bullshit is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I've been reading here and there that the judge in the Manafort trial is showing bias towards defending Manafort...is this true? Is he going to get off scot-free and set a horrible precedent for the rest of the Mueller stuff?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

no

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The context since those initial tweets about it has shown that the judge was mostly just pressing the prosecution to make their point about how the transactions were made.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/1025825416114630656

:laugh:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The judge is an old school ballbuster that insists the prosecution tries absolutely no funny business and sticks to their case. Basically this is the best option in the event the special council tries and pull a Bundy - i.e. goes for the flashy dunk and misses it when they could've done a layup and made it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pathetic.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

The context since those initial tweets about it has shown that the judge was mostly just pressing the prosecution to make their point about how the transactions were made.

Yeah, the judge had even pulled this type of thing before, basically he's trying to keep things chugging along fast in his courtroom, but I'm hoping the prosecution wasn't using the wild opulence as an argument that Manafort spent $15k on an ostrich leather slav tuxedo because $15k is pocket change and he had several times the amount of income reported.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's probably a sliding scale on how in shape you have to be to stand in body armor under whatever temperature.

110-115 degrees with full battle rattle? Yeah that's easy enough (*cough loving kill me*) when you're in the best shape of your life and practically carved out of wood.

I don't think these guys are.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I think alot of it has to do with proper hydration

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Smiling Jack posted:

Not drinking enough wild tiger and rip its to survive the pacnw heat

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vas's Invasion of Syria: A Forgotten Chapter
Combat Jack

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Casimir Radon posted:

Vas's Invasion of Syria: A Forgotten Chapter

Since he was ahead of the curve, this one should be foil or hologram or something.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vas is the tip of the spear

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
psh it was only like a mile inland

who needs maps anyway when you've got a lieutenant on the spot

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

I hate that every time I take a piss I silently judge myself over how hydrated I am, I haven't been in for 8 loving years and I still do it :negative:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Smiling Jack posted:

One time when I was in ROTC, I was at Ft.Knox doing land nav exercises or some poo poo. Anyways, they pair us up with this e5 reservist to lead my fireteam of cadets around the woods for that days course. Anyways, this dude keeps bragging about how he does UFC and he's ripped, but we're going too fast for him and that we need to slow down or else we'll get heatstroke. Also not to drink water too much or we'll cramp up. We then hit our second AP that was next to an aid station and some water buffaloes, so he tells us to go refill our canteens and to wait for him.

We wait about five minutes and then turn around to see him getting wrapped in a wet ice towel and getting an IV of fluids, so he's obviously done for the day. Then this portly reservist major comes over and tells us he'll take over with his for the rest of the day. Despite the guys size, he was able to scramble around the woods no problem because he actually drank water instead of bragging how he's in super shape and don't need no hydration breaks. Also the other fun part of that event was hearing over the radios the constant calls for medics and what not because cadets kept loving dropping from heat stroke or twisting their ankles and poo poo. We came in second out of 65 fireteams or whatever, so that was cool.

Welp, that's my dumb story about hydrating when it's loving hot out. Thanks for reading. :tipshat:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
We've got a mobile guillotine in PDX. The west coast really is a hub of innovation

https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1025846288603127808

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Uh...

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Vasudus posted:

There's different standards for what constitutes a specific generation.

It's best to think of them as "what major events / time periods were the defining period of their early adulthood"

Lost Generation = WW1
Greatest Generation = WW2
Silent Generation = Post-WW2/Early Cold War
Boomers = Vietnam
Generation X = Reagan
Generation Y / MILLENNIALS = Post-Desert Storm, 9/11, GWOT
Generation Z / "Digital Natives" = GWOT, Great Recession

Gen 13 = Fairchild.

Why, yes, I was am a big nerd.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

"John McCain is concerned"
Dixie Chicks
"Now watch this drive"
David Petraeus
Michael Flynn :haw:

Edit: Quick! Somebody draw Lynndie England pinup art!

She was R. Crumb's type

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Welp, that's my dumb story about hydrating when it's loving hot out. Thanks for reading. :tipshat:

That was a solid Army story because who doesn't like seeing Johnny Badass UFC guy become a heat casualty? When I was in IOBC we had a dude go into whatever happens when you drink too much water. He got a free Blackhawk ride out of it and recycled into the next class, as I recall.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Relentlessboredomm posted:

We've got a mobile guillotine in PDX. The west coast really is a hub of innovation

https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1025846288603127808

Non functional. Shame on his family.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

shame on an IGA posted:

She was R. Crumb's type

I need this on a t-shirt. I hate white shirts because they get filthy within 10 minutes, but I need this on white.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

When I was in IOBC we had a dude go into whatever happens when you drink too much water.

Hashbrowns?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Bolow posted:

I hate that every time I take a piss I silently judge myself over how hydrated I am, I haven't been in for 8 loving years and I still do it :negative:

I’ve been out 20 and still do it.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

That was a solid Army story because who doesn't like seeing Johnny Badass UFC guy become a heat casualty? When I was in IOBC we had a dude go into whatever happens when you drink too much water. He got a free Blackhawk ride out of it and recycled into the next class, as I recall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

A guy in my SERE stick somehow managed it. Some radio show also held a contest "Hold Your Wee to Win a Wii" and some poor mother died from it years back, I believe.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Oregon Trail generation here, still waiting to die of dysentery...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hyponatremia due to severe dillution of your vascular system dropping your sodium level to less than normal variations.

It's actually a pretty dangerous condition that can lead to death, and requires a slow process of returning the sodium level to normal values or you run the risk of osmotic dymelination syndrome.

That's my nursing tip for you all today, tomorrow is free rectal exams

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Miloshe posted:

A guy in my SERE stick somehow managed it. Some radio show also held a contest "Hold Your Wee to Win a Wii" and some poor mother died from it years back, I believe.

I think it's not too hard to do if you're low on electrolytes.

e: f,b

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/scottEweinberg/status/1025754277371883521

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

Non functional. Shame on his family.

Eh, it's prototyping for public display. Some thought definitely went into it as the shopping cart to catch the heads is right there so I'm willing to give him a pass.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

This is like 5+ years old.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Internet Wizard posted:

Nah it was last year.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

Well rip

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah it was last year.

The past 18 months have felt like 5 years honestly

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1025878194640113664?s=19

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bolow posted:

The past 18 months have felt like 5 years honestly

it really has

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Miloshe posted:

Yeah, I remember that radio bit thing.

Nice and hot piss posted:

Hyponatremia due to severe dillution of your vascular system dropping your sodium level to less than normal variations.

It's actually a pretty dangerous condition that can lead to death, and requires a slow process of returning the sodium level to normal values or you run the risk of osmotic dymelination syndrome.

That's my nursing tip for you all today, tomorrow is free rectal exams

Yeah, the cadre took it very seriously. Training stopped completely while the bird came in and picked him up. I heard he ended up being okay and graduating with the next class but that was the last time I saw him.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Nothin' but net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Here’s a slightly longer youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7wHHRbjnsU

• Locked thread