Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"For Sale; Baby Shoes. Never Worn."

That five-word thing is a stellar reversal too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The most famous six-word story is Ernest Hemingway's: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn"

The implication of the original story is tragic: the baby died and never wore the shoes.

The five-word version subverts your expectations and transitions it into a comic story: the baby was born with clown feet and so was unable to wear the shoes bought before its birth by parents expecting a baby with normal feet.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

theflyingorc posted:

Do they have any examples that aren't mammals

Because it seems like lizards are closer to their skeletons

Here's some more birds

Hummingbirds:

Pelican & shoebill stork:

With lizards they tend to go the other direction, here's an iguana:

If you do a GIS for "all your yesterdays" it brings up a ton of bizarro alt-paleo/pseudo-paleo art:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It’s a riff off of Hemingway’s six word tragedy:

“For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”

E: poo poo, new page and fb.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I'm more impressed that they're also selling Foot

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/DonovanFarley/s...ingawful.com%2F

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Service request in our apartment portal

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol I give this a healthy chuckle.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

you would be appreciated much more if you could just figure out the correct threads to post images in.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bros 4 lyfe

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Elfgames posted:

you would be appreciated much more if you could just figure out the correct threads to post images in.

I'm sorry you're so joyless.

rodbeard has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Aug 5, 2018

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Elfgames posted:

What do you expect him to post when you all keep draggin' him?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So what is funny about that?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Its written to the tune of the Danny Phantom theme- so it wasn't funny at all.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I have no idea what any of this means

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

da motherfuckin' spare zone

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Guy Goodbody posted:

Now you know how it feels

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Now you know how it feels

how what feels?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Butch Hartman tried to Kickstart a "family friendly" streaming service that is half Netflix and half Youtube. It's campaign pitch was vague, he did not name any collaborators or what content he's creating for it, and he's trying to do it for only $250,000. When people pointed this out, he used the "if you're not in the business or an artist, you cannot criticise me" argument. Then it was revealed that Butch, a born-again Christian, was trying to sell this to religious church-going people as a faith-based service, which included blaming modern media for depression and suicide.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Blind Rasputin posted:

I worked as a maintenance tech and maintenance manager for a few years and you'd be amazed at some of the funny poo poo that gets submitted. If it goes through a leasing agent or whatever you tend to get that stuff filtered out but a lot of places allow people to submit service requests online and some of those were just amazing. I wish I could post examples but I've been out of the industry for a couple years now.

Like one time I had somebody put in a service request wanting us to fix their neighbor's blinds because they were broken and they saw his dick while dude was working out nude.

E: we did, of course, but we had to jump through a couple minor hoops because we can't usually enter somebody's unit at the behest of another resident.

Honky Dong Country has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Aug 5, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The MSJ posted:

Butch Hartman tried to Kickstart a "family friendly" streaming service that is half Netflix and half Youtube. It's campaign pitch was vague, he did not name any collaborators or what content he's creating for it, and he's trying to do it for only $250,000. When people pointed this out, he used the "if you're not in the business or an artist, you cannot criticise me" argument. Then it was revealed that Butch, a born-again Christian, was trying to sell this to religious church-going people as a faith-based service, which included blaming modern media for depression and suicide.

How does that tie into the weird poem?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

how what feels?

It

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

That health insurance man.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
One of the biggest producers in Nickelodeon TV is apparently a foot fetishist for under aged girls. This is Hell dimension.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
They put Quentin Tarantino on Nickelodeon?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

How does that tie into the weird poem?

Just Offscreen posted:

Its written to the tune of the Danny Phantom theme- so it wasn't funny at all.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

One of the biggest producers in Nickelodeon TV is apparently a foot fetishist for under aged girls. This is Hell dimension.

The woman who ran their animation division was also anti-union and screwed over several creators because of this.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

What does the Danny Phantom theme have to do with that guy?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He created the show, that the joke required this much explanation is why it isn't funny.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

how what feels?

Sometimes I swear you're actually a bot programmed to almost, but just not quite, understand human humor.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tony Snark posted:

He created the show, that the joke required this much explanation is why it isn't funny.

Oh, OK. I get it now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh wow, this brings me back to my time in the Peace Corps. "You'll get very familiar with your own butthole" the volunteers that had already been in country a year told us in training. Those toilets are especially great for the 40% of your time in country when you have diarrhea.

EDIT: The cistern also serves as a handy mosquito breeding ground in case you were running out or worried that you were going to be the one guy who didn't get dengue.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I've led a life of privilege and what is the situation with this... Toilet? What is the scoop for. What's happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Old Story posted:

I've led a life of privilege and what is the situation with this... Toilet? What is the scoop for. What's happening

That's how you shower.

e: and flush, but I would think that would go without saying.

Moon Slayer has a new favorite as of 04:15 on Aug 5, 2018