Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT
The project is in such "open development" that nobody can tell a semi-accurate completion progress percentage of Squadron 42. Literrally nobody has a clue whether they've developped 25%, 50%, 75% or 90% of the game.

Yeah, that's the state of the most open development game ever.

If you want to trigger a meltdown, just ask them that question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

So I thought I'd load up the game and make a fun video.
I cannot, the game will not let me:
Play it
Have any fun

They have designed the little bit of fun there was to be had right out of the game.
So, you now walk like a loving zombie on Prozac now, the tool tips (they have added a lot of these) tell you to press shift to run, so I do and I do.
The thing is, what they have done is so transparent with this my eyes rolled 365 degrees in my head and moonwalked away like an Xbox 360.
They have put in more and more 'poo poo zones' - These first started appearing years ago when the table I used to run on and jump off suddenly auto forced you to walk on it, and no where else but on that one table. This 'fixed' the issue of people jumping through the ceiling.
They now have these anti fun zones on all air locks, so you can no longer run at the doors. You are not able to move with freedom any more in multiple places and it's jarring as gently caress, as well as a SLAP IN THE FACE - it reeks of on rails console games made by EA and hand holding BULL$HIT like what evil publishers put in games.
So that sucks the fun out of that.
Then we move on to being outside. We all know that Star Citizen does not simulate anything at all but when you are outside now you get a tool tip telling you to 'monitor your oxygen levels at all times and press B to take some medicine or some bullshit' - So now you have limited time outside. I pressed B and nothing happened.
This essentially means open world dicking around is dead, you now have a fun tax slapped on that.
Then we have this new loving god awful lovely wank arse UI and how you 'interact with bullshit' - OK, so press F4 to go into 3rd person view, this is my preferred view as it really is the best way to see your commandos ultra 4K butt textures.
Now, want to OPEN A loving DOOR? Well space cadet, prepare to use your wits and training because doors no longer just open, oh no, this is the future after all. You now zombie your rear end up to the door and press F, while pressing F a very hit and miss UI pops up and your wobble your mouse at 5fps over the door handle, so now while doing this click the loving thing, go on click, click like the arsehole you are.
If this has all gone well the IMMERSION ANIMATION will open the door, and now you get to press F4 again to go back to the view you were in - every time.
This is lovely enough with doors but you want to fly a Mustang? Good luck with that, instead of being immersed in the greatest gaming experience of the century you are a twat kneeling down, pressing F, wobbling your mouse and clicking wildly at the ether hoping something, anything happens. If your man hole cover of destiny ever deigns to flop open you pop out of your preferred view, into a god awful view and all hell breaks loose until you mash F4, then guess what? PRESS F YOU BITCH AND CLICK THE loving IMMERSION LADDER - Are you having fun yet? WELL GUESS WHAT? View change out of no where. Press F4 again while totally doing the loving can can upside down and DO IT ALL AGAIN TO SIT IN A loving CHAIR.
They have killed this game dead, this is literally zero fun now.

OK, so I get in my commandos chair and IT GETS WORSE.
So now you do the press F bullshit and your chariot turns on eventually. Now then, after the usual 'Landing Gear Succsfl' welcome message you USED TO be able to hit space bar and zoom up.
Not any more motherfucker
Now you have to (while sat in the chair) press F and wobble your mouse around until you find a START CHARIOT button. This appears to do nothing.
This is as far as I got - Fuuuuuck this. The cockpit is all sort of interactive now with much F pressing going on, the UI to small to read and literally useless.
I never did take off because...

THEY HAVE NOW PUT A FUN TAX ON FLYING
So if you sit in your crap ship on the lovely grey concrete environment for too long you despawn after a warning of 'You are stationary in an active landing pad for too long you arse' warning.
So that was me, done with that poo poo, I got teleported back inside Port Olsisissrarar for loitering, my crime level went up as well, although I doubt that does anything.

I cannot express how poo poo this is now, it's not funny, it's not fun, it's shear joyless crap and you can literally see where they have designed the fun right the gently caress out of it. "People seem to be having fun running in this area and jumping around - I think if we disabled running and jumping that would solve it, also people are playing around on the landing pads, we should really take steps to KNOCK THAT OFF"

That along with 7 minutes loading screens, 12 FPS, chat still full of 'weapons not working' and other shite. It's crap, if anyone is on the fence about buying this just to see how bad it is, don't - Instead get off the fence and stare at it for an hour, it's more fun.

Sounds like you have a shite PC mate. Try tossing some more RAM in it.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

peter gabriel posted:

Play it
Have any fun

They have designed the little bit of fun there was to be had right out of the game.
So, you now walk like a loving zombie on Prozac now, the tool tips (they have added a lot of these) tell you to press shift to run, so I do and I do.
The thing is, what they have done is so transparent with this my eyes rolled 365 degrees in my head and moonwalked away like an Xbox 360.
They have put in more and more 'poo poo zones' - These first started appearing years ago when the table I used to run on and jump off suddenly auto forced you to walk on it, and no where else but on that one table. This 'fixed' the issue of people jumping through the ceiling.
They now have these anti fun zones on all air locks, so you can no longer run at the doors. You are not able to move with freedom any more in multiple places and it's jarring as gently caress, as well as a SLAP IN THE FACE - it reeks of on rails console games made by EA and hand holding BULL$HIT like what evil publishers put in games.
Then we move on to being outside. We all know that Star Citizen does not simulate anything at all but when you are outside now you get a tool tip telling you to 'monitor your oxygen levels at all times and press B to take some medicine or some bullshit' - So now you have limited time outside. I pressed B and nothing happened.
This essentially means open world dicking around is dead, you now have a fun tax slapped on that.
Then we have this new loving god awful lovely wank arse UI and how you 'interact with bullshit' - OK, so press F4 to go into 3rd person view, this is my preferred view as it really is the best way to see your commandos ultra 4K butt textures.
Now, want to OPEN A loving DOOR? Well space cadet, prepare to use your wits and training because doors no longer just open, oh no, this is the future after all. You now zombie your rear end up to the door and press F, while pressing F a very hit and miss UI pops up and your wobble your mouse at 5fps over the door handle, so now while doing this click the loving thing, go on click, click like the arsehole you are.
If this has all gone well the IMMERSION ANIMATION will open the door, and now you get to press F4 again to go back to the view you were in - every time.
This is lovely enough with doors but you want to fly a Mustang? Good luck with that, instead of being immersed in the greatest gaming experience of the century you are a twat kneeling down, pressing F, wobbling your mouse and clicking wildly at the ether hoping something, anything happens. If your man hole cover of destiny ever deigns to flop open you pop out of your preferred view, into a god awful view and all hell breaks loose until you mash F4, then guess what? PRESS F YOU BITCH AND CLICK THE loving IMMERSION LADDER - Are you having fun yet? WELL GUESS WHAT? View change out of no where. Press F4 again while totally doing the loving can can upside down and DO IT ALL AGAIN TO SIT IN A loving CHAIR.

So now you do the press F bullshit and your chariot turns on eventually. Now then, after the usual 'Landing Gear Succsfl' welcome message you USED TO be able to hit space bar and zoom up.
Now you have to (while sat in the chair) press F and wobble your mouse around until you find a START CHARIOT button. This appears to do nothing.
This is as far as I got - Fuuuuuck this. The cockpit is all sort of interactive now with much F pressing going on, the UI to small to read and literally useless.

So if you sit in your crap ship on the lovely grey concrete environment for too long you despawn after a warning of 'You are stationary in an active landing pad for too long you arse' warning.
So that was me, done with that poo poo, I got teleported back inside Port Olsisissrarar for loitering, my crime level went up as well, although I doubt that does anything.

I cannot express how poo poo this is now, it's not funny, it's not fun, it's shear joyless crap and you can literally see where they have designed the fun right the gently caress out of it. "People seem to be having fun running in this area and jumping around - I think if we disabled running and jumping that would solve it, also people are playing around on the landing pads, we should really take steps to KNOCK THAT OFF"

That along with 7 minutes loading screens, 12 FPS, chat still full of 'weapons not working' and other shite. It's crap, if anyone is on the fence about buying this just to see how bad it is, don't - Instead get off the fence and stare at it for an hour, it's more fun.

That's what happens when you tamper with the config files :eng101:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So they defeated the accursed pgabz by making the game markedly shittier for all of their devoted customers? Definitely the CIG move. :downsbravo:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lladre posted:

Sounds like you have a shite PC mate. Try tossing some more RAM in it.

The first time I tried loading it up it stopped be because it insisted I freed up more Ram, this was with a few tabs open in Chrome and having just stopped playing DOOM

TheSickeningTruth
Jul 22, 2018
Hey guys, Absolver is free on steam this weekend! Which seems to be just enough to play whatever content it has to offer. Let's rub!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/473690/Absolver/

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Play it
Have any fun

This is as far as I got - Fuuuuuck this. The cockpit is all sort of interactive now with much F pressing going on, the UI too small to read and literally useless.

What a glowing review, sounds like Star citizen is finally good and pgabz approved :toot:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

/r/Games are really going full-in with making GBS threads on Crobbears' totally-not-Pay2Win-honest excuses

Also, I hope Doom Eternal is more Doom 2016+++

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wise Learned Man posted:

So they defeated the accursed pgabz by making the game markedly shittier for all of their devoted customers? Definitely the CIG move.

It feels like they watched stupid videos on Youtube and went:

:saddowns: How can we stop these idiots?
:v: We could make the game good then they'd play it properly!
:saddowns: Put poo poo zones and time limits in to stop them
:v:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Nyast posted:

The project is in such "open development" that nobody can tell a semi-accurate completion progress percentage of Squadron 42. Literrally nobody has a clue whether they've developped 25%, 50%, 75% or 90% of the game.

it is so open they have 2 different trackers. One for the public and one internal.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Quavers posted:

Please, please, please.

Just Doom 2016 with a little bit of polish on some of the mechanics. (the whole execute->enemies hit coming out of iframes thing could use a little work)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Quavers posted:

/r/Games are really going full-in with making GBS threads on Crobbears' totally-not-Pay2Win-honest excuses

There's a guy literally saying EVE is bad because you can P2W in a thread about Star Citizen :v: When it was pointed out that actually using your resources effectively takes time and learning, he deflects with :reddit: but they'll just spend MOAR :reddit:

I have a friend who plays EVE and these guys are his favourite targets. They tend to buy small but expensive ships and buy a shitload of expensive cargo dreaming that they'll play the poor but honest trader and the minute they leave the dock he ganks them. Much :qq: because they never learn the game and they're always sitting ducks.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Hav posted:

.........but the internet _has_ created a bunch of polarities.

Surboard brand -v- surfboard brand, was the first time I witnessed a polarity, back in the 70's.
You'd mock the poors with their cheap and nasty single fin McCoy and you'd be strutting your stuff with your Mark Richards Twin Fin Swallow Tail.

Technology wise, BBS boards used to have some classic battle's , modem brands, hahaha. Netcomm, pfft, US Robotics or go home.

But the internet certainly created the immediacy. Bam, 1 second after your post it would be a bunch of people dog piling on you.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

peter gabriel posted:

Play it
Have any fun

This is as far as I got - Fuuuuuck this. The cockpit is all sort of interactive now with much F pressing going on, the UI too small to read and literally useless.

It's like that one guy who was concern posting about people running around stations ruining his immersion got put in charge of everything.

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 5, 2018

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rugganovich posted:

Technology wise, BBS boards used to have some classic battle's , modem brands, hahaha. Netcomm, pfft, US Robotics or go home.

At that time, you couldn't get the higher speeds out of modems if you didn't have the right brand and models. So you'd either match up to whatever your local BBS's had, or you would just have to live with 300 bits a second versus 9600.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

loitoring. lol

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

The first time I tried loading it up it stopped be because it insisted I freed up more Ram, this was with a few tabs open in Chrome and having just stopped playing DOOM

That is hilarious. Same poo poo, different decade.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Nyast posted:

Spoiler that poo poo. I don't want to know anything before I have it in my hands. Chris told me so.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jason Sextro posted:

well, all goons are Derek, BettyBigTits was a goon, ergo BettyBigTits was Derek this entire time. QED.

Has anyone said, "Cognito Ergo Boobs" yet?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Love Pledge stockpiling is not a crime!!!!!

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Star Citizer: You Win by Having Fun

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

peter gabriel posted:

Play it
Have any fun

Firstly it is an ALPHA. These things are expected as they iron out the pipelines. Second this is not your typical game. This is the most immersive game so don't expect to be able to just press a menu item and then fly a ship.

This sort of thing is what Alpha is about. Did you even open a ticket for your issues. The game is out for your to TEST. If you didn't submit any tickets you are a leech.

Also FUD.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lladre posted:

That is hilarious. Same poo poo, different decade.

Thank you for playing Wing Commander!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

wasn't "you'll be able to effect the economy" a selling point at one point? Like I remember some stupid flowery text about how you'll be able to tank the price of something if you bring to much to a station or whatever

e: ah yes how could I forget, it's literally from the kickstarter

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 5, 2018

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

homoerotic cyber meme code words is still one of my favorite phrases of all time

We really should have been encouraging that person to come post instead of ol’ Verty.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

wasn't "you'll be able to effect the economy" a selling point at one point? Like I remember some stupid flowery text about how you'll be able to tank the price of something if you bring to much to a station or whatever

also you need to remember that if you wreck your sperg chariot and it is a rare one that it would take time for it to be made

with these factors

* availability of the materials needed
* it will create jobs for the material acquisition
* the availability of the said materials will be decided if for example dem pirates will stop the supply chain

so literally you could wait months or years because FIDELITY LOL

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Holy poo poo this can't be real

Star Citizen: Blind Strut Shaming

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Koil posted:

Last nights RTV crobbers

Sadly the lighting was so bad it was hard to get good images.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but this one sums up Roberts in one : Derivative.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1025474958196191239
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1025427562615529473

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Awesome Fidelity posted:

Bonus spectrum thread

:kiss:

Hear no leaver, see no leaver, speak no leaver

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

also you need to remember that if you wreck your sperg chariot and it is a rare one that it would take time for it to be made

with these factors

* availability of the materials needed
* it will create jobs for the material acquisition
* the availability of the said materials will be decided if for example dem pirates will stop the supply chain

so literally you could wait months or years because FIDELITY LOL

Yeah that's a huge one idiots keep ignoring. By letting someone stockpile UEC, you're also letting them essentially bypass/manipulate all the UEC sinks in the game without even really thinking about it. The problem is those UEC sinks are often times also designed to curb griefing.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Haha that aged p well

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Play it
Have any fun

You are wrong

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Transporting iron ore to a planet seems a lot more productive than transporting carbon to the iron ore.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Transporting iron ore to a planet seems a lot more productive than transporting carbon to the iron ore.

Transporting UEC is even more productive.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/g1ysou6.gifv

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

And you guys said Ninjitsu was bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:reddit:

Store Citizer: tycoons can just drop the ATM card and wipe out the galaxy

:laugh:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 5, 2018