Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

site posted:

He also had an internet connected AI in his arm for a while at least, coulda totally cheated with that

A Summer's that cheats. Doesn't seem likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

Maybe the American Bar is.
My first set of exams were five exams over five days. 60% to pass, broken into one question worth 50% (so of you couldn't answer the question 1 on each paper, you couldn't pass. ) and two questions out of four worth the other 50%.

That was tough.

The second set of exams were at the end of the year. 14 exams spread out over three months, a mixture of exam questions, essays and practical tests (mock advocacy or mock examing witnesses.)
That was more an endurance test them anything else.

But having a time machine, pschyic powers or a techno-organic body would have definitely been a big aid.

Well.. we are talking about America so your backwoods second rate bar exam doesn't matter. (Also I feel like they bar exam is a state level exam, not a national one. YMMV IANAL)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MasterBuilder posted:

He was raised in the Apocalypse future, so whatever you need to do to survive, man.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MasterBuilder posted:

:yosnice:

Tales of Suspense #101: No context really needed

I like Marvel gradually turning Hawkeye from B-list Avenger to A-list fuckup.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

MasterBuilder posted:

Corsair the space pirate, a profession known for its sterling honesty and fair play

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The TO virus is not touching Cable's brain. When it does spread there he loses all control of his powers (this happened post Onslaught). This could have changed. Does he even have the TO virus anymore?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

The ones with Summers genes get glowy eyes, the ones with Grey JEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNS get possessed by genocidal cosmic forces red hair.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Request, could someone repost that page, I want to say it's from Squirrel Girl, that has a little inset of Cyclops yelling JEEEEEEAAAAAN

edit: vv Actually sounds like that's the one I'm thinking of?

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 4, 2018

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My favorite was from Spider-Man and the X-Men where he's thinking of everyone's leadership styles. Reed is talking about building a device to solve everything and Cyclops is just shooting lasers from his eyes while yelling JEEEEEEEEAN!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I went through my issues of Spider-Man & The X-men and it's not from there, but some googling helped, it's from Amazing Spider-Man Special apparently

random stuff I grabbed from the actual X-men issues, though:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I miss Spider-Man & the X-Men.

:(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's good spidey right there

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

The Question IRL posted:

Maybe the American Bar is.
My first set of exams were five exams over five days. 60% to pass, broken into one question worth 50% (so of you couldn't answer the question 1 on each paper, you couldn't pass. ) and two questions out of four worth the other 50%.

That was tough.

The second set of exams were at the end of the year. 14 exams spread out over three months, a mixture of exam questions, essays and practical tests (mock advocacy or mock examing witnesses.)
That was more an endurance test them anything else.

But having a time machine, pschyic powers or a techno-organic body would have definitely been a big aid.

What country is that? Maybe if our bar exam were that tough we wouldn't have the oversupply of lawyers we do that finally and permanently crashed the job market when the Econopocalypse of 2008 hit.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Rhyno posted:

The TO virus is not touching Cable's brain. When it does spread there he loses all control of his powers (this happened post Onslaught). This could have changed. Does he even have the TO virus anymore?

IIRC, he was cured in the run-up to AvX (in Jeph Loeb’s Avengers: X-Sanction mini).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FoneBone posted:

IIRC, he was cured in the run-up to AvX (in Jeph Loeb’s Avengers: X-Sanction mini).

I could swear he was also cured in Deadpool & Cable, when he puked up a big glob of T-O.

And then he got in a fight with the Silver Surfer, which didn't go well for ol' Nate.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Did he forget to put him in a chokehold?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cable was cured in Cable #100. Then over the remaining issues and Soldier X he would expel TO bits as his body returned to flesh and blood. Then in Cable/Deadpool he got some new TO thing grafted to his body. I believe after that series they ignored that he was ever cured as he was sort of replaced with an alternate young version of himself that aged into his old body.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Yeah, edit, but once I saw the Watcher panel my mind immediately went there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I smell a new meme.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Phone postin’ for the most halfassed meme-ing of all time

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Someone edit that with the 2016 election results

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

site posted:

Someone edit that with the 2016 election results

Or a screenshot of an article about how Clinton encouraged Trump to run.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
surely the "purchase forums membership" screen

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You just made a post on the internet!

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Mustache!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My Green Lantern Rebirth style reboot for Shazam is that there are multiple vessels of wizard power with each of them being an anagram of shazam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

My Green Lantern Rebirth style reboot for Shazam is that there are multiple vessels of wizard power with each of them being an anagram of shazam

This, actually, would have basis in canon.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If it's said like "shuh-ZAM" does she have to say "MAZ-ush"?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I'm just hoping it sounds like a slurred "Mustache!" so that the kid will develop luxurious Tom Selleck facial hair in an instant.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

To me the backwards talking characters seem a lot more fun and a bit creepier if they actually sound like regular speech reversed, like when I was a kid and we would play around with Windows Sound Recorder to reverse our voices.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Backwards messages in my dads doors records made me start worshipping satan

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

This, actually, would have basis in canon.

Top Hat Shazam is my new favorite costume.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is Zantana trying to turn a baby into Captain Marvel?..

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Is Zantana trying to turn a baby into Captain Marvel?..

That's not Zatanna, that's Superwoman from Earth-3, a.k.a. the Evil Earth.

The rest of your sentence is correct, though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Evil Mastermind posted:

The rest of your sentence is correct, though.

Well, except for the "Zantana" part. You're either Santana or Zatanna. An impossiblly superpowered magician or a female DC superhero.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

hiddenriverninja posted:

You've already been outdone

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

You've already been outdone

Maybe I don't know some lesser pantheons, but what the hell does courage correspond to Electra? Does it give her the power to sexually desire her dad?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Maybe I don't know some lesser pantheons, but what the hell does courage correspond to Electra? Does it give her the power to sexually desire her dad?

The deep lore questions of the Scooby Doo x Captain Marvel crossover universe.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Lobok posted:

Well, except for the "Zantana" part. You're either Santana or Zatanna. An impossiblly superpowered magician or a female DC superhero.

Marvel also has a Satana, who was a pinup character in the style of vampirella(?) who was briefly married to Deadpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Impossibly superpowered magician