Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

office 365 is loving garbage like holy poo poo

office 365 is better than having to janitor on-prem exchange/sharepoint/skype. also you don't have to worry about storage because they give you stupid amounts (enterprise e3 gives you a 100GB exchange mailbox plus unlimited archive mailbox). however if your clients don't have office 2013 minimum then yeah it's hosed (it works and is supported but no modern auth support is just an extremely huge pain in the rear end).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

dont be mean to me posted:

ah

a pentium, emmc storage and 4 gigs of ram in the space-year 2018

loving why

I bought a Chuwi LapBook 12.3 earlier this year with basically those specs (tho 6 gb of ram) and its fine as a netbook? :shrug: Of course it did came with a keyboard included in the base price so :v:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

cheese-cube posted:

office 365 is better than having to janitor on-prem exchange/sharepoint/skype. also you don't have to worry about storage because they give you stupid amounts (enterprise e3 gives you a 100GB exchange mailbox plus unlimited archive mailbox). however if your clients don't have office 2013 minimum then yeah it's hosed (it works and is supported but no modern auth support is just an extremely huge pain in the rear end).

I don't give a gently caress about cjing some exchange server or claude storage, I'm talking end user experience. perfectly good outlook features are gone, excel runs like poo poo on the same files I was using perfectly fine 2 weeks ago before I got upgraded etc.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Chris Knight posted:

I don't give a gently caress about cjing some exchange server or claude storage, I'm talking end user experience. perfectly good outlook features are gone, excel runs like poo poo on the same files I was using perfectly fine 2 weeks ago before I got upgraded etc.
hmm lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

sounds like you hosed up, those outlook features are client side and your document is also client side. are you maybe conflating o365 with office 2016 or something?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

365 and on prem exchange both use outlook 2016 so idk what ur on about here

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
365 is litterrally on prem exchange but on microsoft's servers instead of yours. Like theres an ad and everything up there its just they put some web portals in front of things (exchange online + azure ad).

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cheese-cube posted:

I worked at a company in tyool 2013 who had a 3gb hard cap on mailbox sizes

and every enterprise app they had ran on lotus :v:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

365 is litterrally on prem exchange but on microsoft's servers instead of yours. Like theres an ad and everything up there its just they put some web portals in front of things (exchange online + azure ad).

there's a pretty big difference in some very specific cases, but it's because latency issues can cause outlook to hang or just poo poo itself completely, and if you had an on premises exchange server before, you probably didn't have latency issues

also even loading local files in excel, etc. can gently caress up if it thinks it should be connecting to a sharepoint library as a storage location, and then that doesn't happen right away for whatever reason

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
outlook sucks. use the win10 mail client instead.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

remove windows, op

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:pram:

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
adobe really needs to get their poo poo together

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this makes me imagine tim anxiously watching the clip over and over, battling the urge to demand engineering make the ipads perform worse to keep feature parity

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes nice fantasy but microsoft is actually bad IRL outside of your fanfiction

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

i haven't checked, does that same brush filter work well in the full version of photoshop on the ipad?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pram posted:

yes nice fantasy but microsoft is actually bad IRL outside of your fanfiction

yes, that's the point: microsoft is bad and tim is all too eager to copy their badness because he's got crippling business fomo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fiedler posted:

i haven't checked, does that same brush filter work well in the full version of photoshop on the ipad?

i want to frame this post, it's so microsoft_thinking.txt it hurts

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

all rights reserved.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Boiled Water posted:

I worked at a company in tyool 2013 who had a 3gb hard cap on mailbox sizes

and every enterprise app they had ran on lotus :v:

worked at a major corp in 2011. 100 meg mailboxes. you could upgrade to 250 megs just by submitting a ticket, but larger required justification (and apparently even the higher-ups only had like a gig)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

link to full video plz

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

outlook sucks. use the win10 mail client instead.

that's a weird way to say gmail

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
didn't the windows 10 mail client start randomly throwing ads in as well? because lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

carry on then posted:

i want to frame this post, it's so microsoft_thinking.txt it hurts

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Phoenixan posted:

didn't the windows 10 mail client start randomly throwing ads in as well? because lol

ads as a service

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Phoenixan posted:

where?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

univbee posted:

worked at a major corp in 2011. 100 meg mailboxes. you could upgrade to 250 megs just by submitting a ticket, but larger required justification (and apparently even the higher-ups only had like a gig)

when i was hired at my current massive employer in mid 2014, they still had 250mb mailboxes. everything was lotus notes and open office (you needed special approval to get an office license. some files we were sent from other departments were borderline unreadable.)

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

carry on then posted:

some files we were sent from other departments were borderline unreadable.)

mlyp

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/KetanJ0/status/1025645148653244416

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

akadajet posted:

link to full video plz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFN7HG6xh1M&t=530s

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

carry on then posted:

when i was hired at my current massive employer in mid 2014, they still had 250mb mailboxes. everything was lotus notes and open office (you needed special approval to get an office license. some files we were sent from other departments were borderline unreadable.)

see, the biggest problem with microsoft groupware is, everyone else is worse

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

akadajet posted:

link to full video plz
er efb I guess

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Fiedler posted:

that looks like the brush tool.

so yeah good question can photoshop on iPad use the infamously taxing “brush” tool

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

What the gently caress.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

jit bull transpile posted:

What the gently caress.

if youre running windows on your mirrors you deserve what you get imho

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I'm just kinda of wondering wtf it could be for other than a creepy bathroom monitoring rig. There's no way that thing isn't recording everything that happens in the bathroom.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I'm just kinda of wondering wtf it could be for other than a creepy bathroom monitoring rig. There's no way that thing isn't recording everything that happens in the bathroom.

one time i swallowed a wedding ring and my mom had to monitor my poop for a week

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

It plays ads or TV clips or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

PleasureKevin posted:

one time i swallowed a wedding ring and my mom had to monitor my poop for a week

:staredog: